The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..You have alway said Jesus preexisted as a being before Abraham , maybe not “born” as a human before him ,but prexisted before him.  The only problem you don’t say in what way he did .  You even preach God created everything through him,  SO YOU CERTANILY SEE HIM AS A PREXISTING BEFORE ABRAHAM.   To say you don’t is simply a lie.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

We preach JESUS as a flesh and blood human,  as comming  into his  “only” existence, at the time of his berth  on this earth.  We preach him as a “prophised” human being,  who started his “only” life at his berth. You on the other hand preach a preexisting BEING  of somekind, you don’t know what kind,  “MORPHED” somehow into a human body.  To say you don’t is simply not true T8.

Therefore you preach a non flesh being,  desguising himself in a flesh body , not comming into his “only” existence  in the flesh.   So it’s only natural you would deny his anointing  taken place at the Jordan  river .  Because you believe he was born anointed ALREADY.  NO need to be anointed twice is there?,  so in that case you are a ANITCHRIST.  because you are  against the anointing of Jesus taken place at the Jordan river.

Your faith is in a preexisting Jesus, not in a man who came into his “only” existence as a flesh and blood human born son of man, brought about by God impregnating a human women.  Making  him a second Adam for the human race.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

As in Adam all die meaning that all are born mortal and able to die, but in the Son of Man who paid the penalty for our sins all shall be made alive, each according to their own order. Those who die in faith are resurrected to being perfected by God’s Spirit as Jesus was and receive eternal life as Jesus did. For those who are in faith but still alive at his return become perfected and receive an incorruptible body for eternity like Jesus did. Those who died without faith are still made alive, but they are brought back to mortality.

YOU:It also means that a man born into sinful flesh was actually able to overcome sin by works and not only not sin, but never sin. This is false teaching of the highest order Jodi.

ME: You are reading VERY incorrectly to what I have said. Jesus was able to overcome his temptation and not sin because God’s Spirit had anointed him. Jesus said it was not his works, but God’s work, Jesus said he could do nothing of himself.  Which I have clearly stated a number of times. I have never once said that a mortal of weak flesh able to be tempted and thus able to sin is able to overcome sin by his own works. 

This is what our faith is built upon, that God can perfect a man through his Spirit. The law only proved that we were of weak flesh, that we are incapable of our own selves to follow it perfectly. The law was a schoolmaster to lead us to CHRIST- which teaches us we need an anointing of God’s Spirit to be able to keep even one letter of the law. We have the works of the flesh and then there are the works of God’s Spirit. The law exposed our weakness or incapability of being able to make God’s mark. Jesus the anointed Son of man who received Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, Council and Might at the river and was called into righteousness where God gave His glory to no other, where Jesus of Nazareth went about doing good because God was with him, was able to be tempted just like us, but yet he remained without sin. As we are told those born of God where His seed remains are not able to sin. God had promised that the offspring of David God would keep and hold his hand, that through God and the power of His Spirit over a man, God would not let him fail.

The reason why through one man’s righteousness all are sins are forgiven is because we were all born in weakness because of the punishment given to Adam and Eve, something that God subjected us to. He did this in order for His power to be made known. In our weakness of corruptible flesh we seek God. We see his power in Christ, the anointed Son of Man. Through Jesus the anointed with God’s Spirit made perfect, our desire is to receive this Spirit to our own perfection.

You don’t seem to comprehend the basics of Jesus of Nazareth the anointed, the one who God sent to us so that we would believe in the One True God.

ALL of the gospels have the account of the anointing, only 2 give the account of his birth. His anointing at the river is when he received the fullness of the Spirit and was fully led by God’s Spirit, having been called into righteousness, having been born of God where God’s Spirit would remain upon him and perfect him.

A few huge things you don’t seem to comprehend from the clear word of God,

Through the death of  one human the world’s sins are forgiven, giving the right to life again.

Through God’s Spirit we are called to believe in the Son of Man who God perfected with His Spirit.

That faith in the One True God and His work with His Spirit in a man, counts as our righteousness. As the whole purpose of the Son of Man being anointed and sent was to bring us into faith in the One True God. That faith is our desire to be anointed as Jesus was anointed, that is what Paul spoke about as he did not want a weak body anymore, he did not want to have a body of temptation anymore, he wanted to be able to follow God’s laws perfectly, he wanted an anointing like Jesus’s anointing. Paul knew that through Jesus God brought the forgiveness of his sins, Paul knew that through Jesus what God’s Spirit does for a man. The reason why Jesus received eternal life is because he was perfected through God’s Spirit, he was not deserving of death. Those resurrected in Christ, are resurrected in their own anointing, having God’s Spirit remain in them like it does in Jesus, where they are incapable of sin. When you are incapable of sin there is no punishment of death, death is destroyed, you are immortal. Not having a weak body anymore means that there is no bondage, no temptation, you are free to serve God, your body no longer asks for service, you are a Son of God.

I will give you the scriptures, don’t have time at the moment.

Ed J
    Participant

t8,

You say that you do not disagree however you say his origin is from being another creature that God had made. You don’t have both. Either he came from being a descendant of David or he came from heaven, or part of him came from heaven and God made him into yet another one of a kind creature.

Hi Jodi,

“The Spirit of Christ” came from Heaven,
    Jesus body came from the seed of David.

The Spirit of Christ – “Bread from Heaven” (John 6:32-33)
    Jesus body – “Bread from the Earth” (Job 28:5, Heb 10:5)

Ed J
    Participant

But thou,
    Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,
    yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Hi Jodi,

Now that you agree with me that “He” in Micah 5:2
    is the foretelling of Christ being born in Bethlehem.

Let’s examine the second part…
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting?

1. The foretelling?
    2. God?
    3. The Spirit of Christ”
    4. God’s HolySpirit?
    5. Different answer?

what do you say???
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting?

Ed J
    Participant

How do I know she was right, by the Spirit of truth that has been given me AND her. It now makes perfect sense to me.

So all scriptures can’t be taken literal all the time, they must be properly percieved , and applied properly.

Hi Gene,

So we can feel free to come to you for understanding of God’s word?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Good to hear from you.

I did actually already answer your question in a very short post. I said that the “he” whose goings forth are from old is the Son of David, which who is also the Son of Abraham, who is also a Son of Man. So that would be #5.

The anointed of God’s Spirit given Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, Council and Might, called to righteousness, was to COME FROM a descendant of Abraham and David. One from the tribe of Judah born in Bethlehem. This was a promise given to the prophets by God, that had been WITH God as His WORD since before the world was.

The anointed, as a pre-existing one of a kind non flesh son of God didn’t come down to earth and become a man, a man became the anointed through having God’s Spirit come down from heaven and be placed upon him. John was a witness of that placing of the Spirit, it came down like a dove. God declared upon that placing that this was His Son. The flesh of Jesus thus through the works of God’s Spirit perfecting this Son of Man became the bread from heaven, the bread of life. As Jesus began God’s Gospel in Galilee and said he was anointed and sent to deliver the captives. As Jesus said he was the Son of Man who had come to save.

Ed J
    Participant

But thou,
    Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,
    yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Hi Jodi,

So you’re going with foretelling?

1. The foretelling?
    2. God?
    3. The Spirit of Christ”
    4. God’s HolySpirit?
    5. Different answer?

whose goings forth foretelling have been from of old, from everlasting?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

The goings forth of a man was foretold. You are saying the original words of “goings forth” represent foretelling, that is false.

the foretelling is in the words “have been from of old, from everlasting”, NOT “goings forth”.

You are not  making sense.

Why don’t you respond to the point that the “he” in relation to WHO was to go forth is actually speaking of, which was the Son of David was to go forth, and that going forth of the Son of David who would be anointed and be made into the source of eternal life, was foretold, and not only was it foretold it was God’s WORD that was with Him in a time of everlasting before man and death even existed yet.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

The goings forth of a man was foretold.

whose goings forth as a man[color=white].[/color] have been foretold[color=white].[/color] from of old, even[color=white].[/color] from everlasting.

There, now God’s word is fixed; right?
    It only took adding 5 words to fix it.

Ed J
    Participant

See T8, with my help, we now now fixed God’s word so it says the right thing

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

No there is no adding to or changing it to understand it properly if you simply know of God’s word He spoke prior to the prophets, if you know that His determined purpose was established before the world was then it is absolutely clear. 

You are given that it is one of the tribe of Judah whose goings forth are from old.

WHO else talked about the goings forth of one from the tribe of Judah, that would MAKE Micah’s statement easily known as true? God did to David, and God did long before that to Abraham. It was even with God before He gave it to Abraham as the “goings forth of this human from the tribe of Judah to be a ruler in Israel”, had been with God before the world was as His determined purpose.

The text DOES NOT say that he is from old, not only DO YOU CHANGE THE TEXT BUT YOU GO FURTHER AND INVENT WHO THIS he IS THAT YOU FALSELY SAY IS FROM OLD.  

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……that going forth was the “plan”  of God , about Jesus, it has nothing to do with a preexisting Jesus.  

Jodi is apsolutely right, you and T8 are apsolutely wrong.

Jodi
    Participant

To ALL,

Out of thee (tribe of Judah) shall he come forth. HE DOESN’T exist yet as HE SHALL COME forth. Not only is Micah saying that HE SHALL COME FORTH, as in HE doesn’t exist yet, but him coming from the tribe of Judah was told prior.

Micah is telling us a prophecy of one from the tribe of Judah is going to come forth one day and be a ruler in Israel, and that this was not just his prophecy, but this prophecy had already been given, this future event was even from everlasting, as it was God’s determined purpose before time on earth began. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

It is one thing to say that God planned to save mankind through first creating a special creature a one of a kind only son and use him to save the world by sending him down to become a human, emptying himself of his glory.

It is another thing to say that God cannot perfect mankind through one of their own.

Jodi
    Participant
    To ALL,

Luke 3:21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased….Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness…14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about…18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath ANOINTED me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT me to heal the brokenhearted to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

“THOU ART MY BELOVED SON”, says God to Jesus of Nazareth, the seed of David who had just had the Spirit descend upon him like a dove.

Jesus being FULL of the Spirit was LED by the Spirit.

1 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    Jesus is called a Son of God because the Spirit descended upon him like a dove and from then he was FULL of the Spirit being fully LED by the Spirit, which is the definition of being the Son of God.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son.
    Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles….4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
    I the LORD have called THEE, a human, in righteousness, I will hold thine hand and keep thee for a covenant. His seed will remain in Jesus keeping him from sin so that he can be made perfect and be as a sacrificed lamb. God made the world through and for this man who God knew He would call into righteousness and be a light before He even created the heavens and spread forth the earth.
    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
    The glory that Jesus was asking God for before he died was eternal life, not just for himself but it is the same glory for all of mankind. Such glory of a man having eternal life, we are directly told was promised by God before the world was.
    CHRIST/Christos means to be anointed, Chrio — to anoint. Jesus as Christ represents the Spirit coming down like a dove and anointing Jesus with that Spirit where then he being full of the Spirit was led by the Spirit. Jesus of Nazareth even says he was anointed with God’s Spirit. Jesus doesn’t say he pre-existed as the anointed and came down to earth.
    Jesus said the Spirit is upon him, he has been anointed and sent. 
    Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
    Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    We too are to receive an anointing as Jesus did, that is our promise, that we will be made perfect unto the measure of the stature of the FULNESS of the anointed, as we will be as he is, as we are joint heirs. As God’s seed remained in Jesus and kept him from sin, just as was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, we too shall receive the same full anointing of God’s Spirit.
    Jesus was baptized then the Spirit descended upon him as a call to righteousness where he remained without sin having God’s Spirit in him. Water baptism is symbolic of cleansing you from your sins, but it is by an anointing of God’s Spirit that one can truly be clean and remain clean, free of sin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…..I tell you they just don’t, GET IT.   they couldn’t be more blind even if they tried. They are unable to put scriptures together and derive the true meanings from them IMO, if they could,  don’t you think we would not by now have some form of unity here. It’s appears it’s  just simply not given to them to know the truth yet. Your work is clearly seen by the lord and  me and  a few others here. Your a great representive of our lord Jesus Christ here Jodi.

Thank God he has a few left, even if T8 kicks them off the site, like he did brother Nick. But remember what Jesus  said they would do,  Luk 6:22-23. NICK, try not to lose heart brother,

Luk 6:22-23….., Blessed are you, when men shall hate you,  and when they shall SEPARATE  you from their company, and shall Reproach you, and cast you name as Evil,  for the Son of Man’s sake. 23, Rejoice  you in that day, and leap for joy: for behold, your reward is great in heaven :  for like wise did their fathers unto the Prophets. 

Peace and love to you all and yours………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8…..You have alway said Jesus preexisted as a being before Abraham , maybe not “born” as a human before him ,but prexisted before him.  The only problem you don’t say in what way he did .  You even preach God created everything through him,  SO YOU CERTANILY SEE HIM AS A PREXISTING BEFORE ABRAHAM.   To say you don’t is simply a lie.

I quote scripture that says God created the universe through the Word and the Son of God. Obviously this has certain implications, so I do not say it of my own accord, I let scripture say it. Even you recognise what it means by your own admission because you said:

You even preach God created everything through him,  SO YOU CERTANILY SEE HIM AS A PREXISTING BEFORE ABRAHAM.

Now read the following scripture and given your own admission, you have a clear conclusion even from that which you proved you understand.

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

And

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through himand for him. He is before all things,

You are without excuse Gene. You showed me clearly the implication from what I teach and as you can see, I am merely quoting scripture.

Your only way out now is to deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. But if you do that, then you would be an antichrist, but it would be fitting for someone who doesn’t believe Jesus is the Christ.

So which is it. Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that God made all things through the Son, or believe he is not the Son of God, thus all things were not made through him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…… Your Hang up is in the word through and in,  you have been shown that several times before,  they do not mean what you use them to mean,   “dia” does not mean  what you preach, those words they are mistranslated,  it should say of “the sake of”

Dia,   a primary prepersition denoting the channel of an act;  through (in very wide applications, local, “CAUSAL” or occasional) . I composition it retains the same general import: – after, always, among, at, to avoid, because of (that) , briefly, by, of,  for cause……fore, from, in,  occasion of,  of, for sake, that, thereby, therefore, through (-out), to , wherefore, with(-in) . in composition it remains the same general import.

God created every thing through the channel of an act, for his purpose, not through a “preexisting ” being of somekind .

Your letting  a  Greek word like  “DIA” completely screw up your thinking about Jesus.  That word can and is applied in so many was in scripture, it’s hardly a word I would base my belife about who Jesus is on.

According to other scriptures I have over the years quoted here, that it was God who created everything “ALONE” AND BY “HIMSELF.  MANY SCRIPTURE SAY THAT.

You have never heard me say Jesus is not the Christ, I said he was not a christ at berth, but he certanily recieved the anointing from GOD at the Jordan river as scripture plainly shows and testifies about him recieving the anointing as a man.

I certainly never said GOD CREATED EVERYTHING “THROUGH” Jesus, that is your word not mine T8.  For the sake of , but never through Jesus.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Bible

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Gene

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he DIDNT MAKE the universe.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account