The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Fire Brigade fail

This topic is really about exposing the Spirit of Error. While we know that the Trinity Doctrine is of the spirit of error, so it is with other doctrines that lie about who Jesus really is.

Just because a person opposes a certain error doesn’t mean that he is right. He or she too can be in error. So it is with some who hold the view that Jesus was only a man with no other origin whatsoever. In their opposition to the Trinity Doctrine, they then sway the complete other direction which too is error. It seems that many cannot go beyond the age old debate that Jesus is either God or a mere man created 2000 or so years ago, and many take either side.

However, the Spirit of Truth is not confined to this Greek construct. What scripture tells us about Jesus proves that both these views are wrong. The Ordinary Jesus doctrine and the Trinity doctrine are both error according to scripture.

We are instead taught in scripture that Jesus was born the son of God, the messiah, and the Lord. He is called the Word of God and we know that the Word was with God and became flesh. Those that beheld this were those that saw Jesus.

Luke 2:11
    Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Matthew 1:18
    This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph,

1 John 4:15
    We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

John 1:1 4
    he Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

We are also taught that anyone or any teaching that says that Jesus Christ didn’t come in the flesh is of the Antichrist.

2 John 1:7
    I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

So while the Trinity has well been proven as false, so I believe it is with the doctrine of the Ordinary Jesus. That doctrine espouses that Jesus had no previous existence whatsoever until he was created a man. It says that he was like us in every respect and not even holier than us. It says that he became these things later on as God gave them to him. This view denies the verses above and the verses below:

John 17:5
    And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Micah 5:2
    “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

John 8:58
    “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

The Ordinary Jesus doctrine is just as false as the Trinity Doctrine. Both come from the Spirit of Error.

(NOTE: This topic is not about Jesus baptism at the Jordan. It is a wider topic on debunking the Jesus is just and ordinary man idea.)

Jesus is anything but ordinary and his birth was anything but ordinary. One of the members of this brigade is Gene. He reasons with his own understanding that it is important that Jesus was just and ordinary man like us, otherwise how can we be like him. The error here is that if he was just an ordinary man, then to be like him means we too should aim for ordinary, but we are already at that level. The truth is that one who is the Lord, the son of God, and the highest besides God himself, came in the flesh for our sake. He came as one of us, so we could be one of him, namely sons of God.

Jesus is anything but an ordinary man. The only truth to that statement is that Jesus is a man. But he is not ordinary, we only need read the Bible to see this. Even an Atheist could tell you the same thing if he read the Bible, of course he wouldn’t believe it. But certainly he would admit that according to the text, he was no ordinary man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

In trying to expose error you show you are in error.

You cannot hear the voice of the Spirit in the words of Jesus and this is why you teach a SUPERMAN that we cannot follow.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The true Jesus is described in these words. You can deny them all you like, but this is the real Jesus.

For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 2 Corinthians 11:4

Colossians 1:15
    “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exists,”

Luke 2:11
    Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph,

1 John 4:15
    We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

John 17:5
    And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Micah 5:2
    “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

John 8:58
    “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Miia
    Participant

One of the members of this brigade is Gene. He reasons with his own understanding that it is important that Jesus was just and ordinary man like us

Gene, if Jesus is and was ordinary just like us, then how can we follow him as our Lord, when God said in Jeremiah 17.5: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man
    and makes flesh his strength”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

The folly is to believe Jesus Christ was an ordinary man.

He was anything but as he spoke and worked in the power of the Spirit in him.

We can follow him through the death of water and the new life of baptism in the same Spirit.

Rom 6.4-8

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You say we should not make personal attacks.

But is this thread you have started not an attack by you on the members of this site?

Is this what you do to cling to tradition and avoid ever changing?

kerwin
    Participant

T8,

This one should be even easier to understand than the others you mentioned as Jesus had come into his kingdom already. Unlike some of the other it is not speaking of his as the one testified in prophesy but rather as the one God had made Lord of all things in heaven and on earth.

I have to admit that it is similar with the difference being it is looking back instead of forward.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Known by the prophetic word and recognised by those anointed ones as the Messiah, he was anointed for the task by the Holy Spirit at the Jordan 30 years later.

Even the Maji, who relied on heavenly signs, knew that the promised messiah had been born.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Gene, if Jesus is and was ordinary just like us, then how can we follow him as our Lord, when God said in Jeremiah 17.5: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man
    and makes flesh his strength”?

Jesus did not trust in himself foe he stated “your will and not mine”. In Jesus did not make flesh his strength. We are to follow him.

Ephesians 1:12 is the only verse I know that mention trusting in Christ and that is only in some translations. Others see it has hope.

I will ask God to reveal a solution to the conundrum that arises for the trust in Christ wording.

kerwin
    Participant

Miaa,

2 Corinthians 3:4 is also one to consider.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Should you not trust in the Spirit of Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Christ is our salvation.

We hope in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

The birth of the messiah was a vital event in the plan of God.

But it does not mean the baby was already anointed.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I agree we hope in him. We trust in him to do God’s will, which is equivalent to trusting in the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The anointing of Jesus was a transforming event.

A carpenter became a seer, a prophet, a healer, a man of heavenly wisdom and a healer.

Later fishermen developed similar powers by their blessing from on high at Pentecost.

This is all by the power of God using submitted human vessels

Do you agree?

Or do you think the apostles were not ordinary men either?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Are you sure you are not the one preaching a different Jesus?

kerwin
    Participant

t8, miia, and whomever else is concerned,

There is the ordinary human like in “…but was in all points tempted like as we are,…” (Hebrews 4:15)

He was not given the ordinary measure of faith. That is what believers aim for according to Ephesians 4:13.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8

Acts 10

You know of Jesus of Nazareth,

HOW GOD ANOINTED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND POWER

and

HOW HE WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD AND HEALING ALLWHO WERE OPPRESSED BY THE DEVIL:
    FOR GOD WAS WITH HIM

So you think he was doing these things BEFORE THE JORDAN?

You do not ascribe the power to the transformation by the Holy Spirit?

You do not believe God was with him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jn 14.1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

That is a good one.

I believe he is speaking along the same lines as Paul; except with believe as the pertinent verb.

1 Corinthians 11:1Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account