The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick, and Kerwin, and Gene, and anyone else in the Brigade,

How do you account for Christ saying…

How say they that Christ is David’s son?
    David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD
    said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
    Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

David therefore calleth him(Christ) Lord,
    how is he(Christ) then his(David’s) son?” (Luke 20:41-44)

Well?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes the Christ is the son of David by birth.

Of course he was yet to be anointed.

Does scripture conflict with your reasoned view of the words?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Of course Jesus’ birth mother’s lineage goes back to David.

But the point Jesus is making appears to be escaping you, which is:
    He himself is “the spirit of Christ” – which Micah 5:2 is clear about.

Your view appears to be in conflict with Jesus’ words in Luke 20:41-44.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The folly is to believe Jesus Christ was an ordinary man.

He was anything but as he spoke and worked in the power of the Spirit in him.

We can follow him through the death of water and the new life of baptism in the same Spirit.

Rom 6.4-8

Nick, the title is “The Ordinary Jesus Brigade”, not Jesus Christ.

What Nick is not telling you @miia is that he thinks Jesus is an ordinary man, but only became extraordinary once he was baptised at the Jordan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Do you think he was an extraordinary man before his anointing?

His neighbours did not think so.

Perhaps tradition does?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Previously I stated,

There is the ordinary human like in “…but was in all points tempted like as we are,…” (Hebrews 4:15)

The folly is to believe Jesus is not an ordinary man for then you disagree with the words “…but was in all points tempted like as we are,…” and create an obstacle for both yourself and those that believe your words.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

“How say they that Christ is David’s son?

The answer is “as of the flesh” and is provided in Scripture. (Romans 1:3)

He is God’s son as of the Spirit and Spirit is superior to the flesh, when David knew when He said “The Lord said to my Lord”. (Psalms 110:1)

It is possible that the Pharisees knew the answer as some Jews refer to the Christ as the Son of the living God to this day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Were the apostles who followed Jesus into the anointing at Pentecost EXTRAORDINARY men beforehand?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Of course Jesus’ birth mother’s lineage goes back to King David.

But the point Jesus is making appears to be totally escaping you, which is:
    He himself is “the spirit of Christ” – which Micah 5:2 and Luke 20:41-44 make clear.

Nick?

Ed J
    Participant

He himself is “the spirit of Christ” – which Micah 5:2 and Luke 20:41-44 make clear.

Hi Nick,

Just reiterate your beliefs over and over,
    and maybe just maybe these facts will go away.

NOT!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

We know you believe in your own understandings.

But you show no patience in reaching conclusions from scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..call me the captian of the ordinary bergade thats fin with me. YOUR DENIAL OF Jesus” humanity, is your problemnotthose who have the truth of God in them.

Deu 18:15 ….The LORD thy God will raise up unto you a prophet from the “MIDST” of YOU, “OF OR FROM” your brethern, “LIKE” unto “ME”; unto him you shall harken.

Dosen’t appear Moses thought he was not going tobe anordinary human being ,now does it?, BUT YOUKNIW MORE TGE MOSES DID RIGHT? AND NOT ONLY Moses but the whole JEWISH NATION KNOWN THAT HE WAS TO BE AND ORDINARY HUMAN BEING THEN AND STILL DO, THE CALL HIM THE MESSIAH,WHICH TO THEM IS A ORDINARY HUMAN LIKE MOSES WHO WILL HAVE THE ANOINTING SPIRIT LIKE MOSES HAD ON HIM.

Now here is one that GOD HIMSELF SPOK see if youcan fully absorb it ok?

DEU 18:18….I will raise them up a “prophet” FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHERN, “LIKE” UNTO YOU, and I will put “MY” WORDS IN HIS MOUTH; and he shall speak unto them “all”, I SHALL COMMAND HIM.

Tell T8, From the words us there does it seem TO YOU, JESUS PREXISTED, even GOD speaks as if he did not know who he was to be yet. BUT ONLY THAT HE WAS GOING TO RAISE UP A SERVANT FRON THE ISREALIES NATION, AND HE DID , HE FATHERED A HUMAN BEING HIMSELF FROM A JEWISH WOMEN OF THE LINAGE OF KING DAVID.

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT SHOWS ANY ACTIVITY OF JESUS BEFOR HIS BERTH ON THIS EARTH. YOU simply have fallen for the Satanic, “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION”, THE BIG LIE, PAUL WROTE ABOUT IN 2THS 2.

SO MAKE ME THE CAPTAIN OF THE JESUS ORDINARY HUMAN BEING BERGADE, I AM FINE WITH THAT, I HAVE NOT SEPERATED MY HUMAN IDENITY, FROM MY human anointed BROTHER, JESUS, and SOON COMMING KING, AND HEAD OF , THE FAMILY OF GOD, my Father and his Father, my GOD and, his God.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

You say we should not make personal attacks.

But is this thread you have started not an attack by you on the members of this site?

Nick, try to understand the difference between testing the spirit and teaching vs passing personal judgement.

It is okay to judge a doctrine or teaching and say who holds to it. It is not okay to say to a person that they do not have the spirit or is under the influence of Satan. These are for the true judge to determine, not for you.

The latter is a dangerous judgement because if the person has the Holy Spirit and is speaking by the Spirit and is led by the Spirit, then such a statement heads in the direction of blasphemy against the Spirit.

And as for injecting a bit if humour. That can be a great tool to let people know what you think about something. Let’s face it, some of the ideas proposed here are laughable at best.

Proclaimer
    Participant

YOUR DENIAL OF Jesus” humanity, is your problem

That is bearing false witness Gene. You should repent because not bearing false witness is not just good advice, it is a commandment just as lying and murder are mentioned in the commandments. It is serious. Please read my testimony below. God knows how many times I have said this here. You have no excuse.

Although he existed in the form of God, he emptied himself and came in the flesh. As a man, he was humble and obedient to God till the cross. He died for our sins as a man and the son of God, and was raised up. He is now with the Father in the glory he had with him before the cosmos. He took a body like ours so we could get a body like his. This has always been my testimony.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This one should be even easier to understand than the others you mentioned as Jesus had come into his kingdom already. Unlike some of the other it is not speaking of his as the one testified in prophesy but rather as the one God had made Lord of all things in heaven and on earth.

It agrees with the angels testimony that the messiah was born that day. Simple.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

Known by the prophetic word and recognised by those anointed ones as the Messiah, he was anointed for the task by the Holy Spirit at the Jordan 30 years later.

Even the Maji, who relied on heavenly signs, knew that the promised messiah had been born.

Small Print by Nick.

“He wasn’t actually the messiah yet. Even though the angel declared that the messiah was born that day.”

Nick, if you make it to the next life, you can personally rebuke that angel for getting his words mixed up. But buy him a beer afterward so he doesn’t feel too bad.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Ordinary Jesus Brigade makes this blatant error among others.

They say that you cannot be a saviour or messiah until the work is done.

Wrong. God sent the messiah to save. God sent the Lord to bring all things into submission. God sent the son to redeem those that were lost so they could have sonship.

Is it not true that Jesus is Lord now, yet not all things are under his submission yet. When that happens, he will give it all to God so that God can be in all. If you have to wait for the act to be complete, then Jesus is not Lord now.

Further, does a peace keeping force need to create peace in order to be called a peace keeping force?. Actually a peace keeping force could by all accounts not achieve peace, yet they are still a peace keeping force.

Simple stuff guys.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, Nick, and Kerwin.

If Jesus was an ordinary man, then why look to Jesus as saviour, messiah, and Lord. There are 7 billion ordinary people alive today and many billions have died in history. Why not follow one of those ordinary men?

The Ordinary Jesus Brigade preach a doctrine no different to Islam. Jesus is the messiah and prophet of God. They deny that he was born the son of God and the Lord too.

Why not follow Islam? I’m not talking about joining ISIS, but believing in the doctrine of Islam as to who Jesus is? It seems there is much in common there with you guys. They also deny the Trinity, so even more common ground.

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8…..call me the captian of the ordinary bergade

Okay. You did after all hold that view before Nick and Kerwin joined later on. However, I am not sure Nick will be happy with you being the captain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You resort to mockery in defence of your Traditional views?

Tradition elevates men but does not give the glory to God.

rom 1

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account