The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 3,821 through 3,840 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Jn 6

“My words are Spirit and they are life.”

”I am the bread of life”

”I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, and the bread also that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh”

” Truly, truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you will have no life in yourselves”

Spiritual words from the Lord Jesus that logic and literalism cannot grasp.

How are you getting on?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Those who heard Jesus and were unable to discern what came from God in him were at a distinct disadvantage and often walked away .

Jn 6.66

As a result of this many disciples withdrew and were not walking with him anymore. So Jesus said to the 12,

”You do not want to go away also do you?”

Simon Peter answered him

”Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. We have believed and come to to know that you are the Holy one of God”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Amen brother, Jesus is the Holy One of God.  

Jesus clearly said that the Father was “IN” him, AND  our God is a Spirit. And being a Spirit he can “Indwell ”  human flesh, just as we are told……ROM 8:11…..>” But if the Spirit of him that raised Jesus from the dead dwell “IN” you , he that raised Christ from the dead , shall also quicken your “Mortal” bodies,  by his  Spirit that dwells “IN” YOU”.

No difference between us and Jesus, we both are to be raised from death by the exact same Spirit of God the Father.

peace and love to you and your Nike………gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus have been baptised into his death? Therefore we have been buried with him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so that we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in the likeness of his death, surely we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection… Rom 6.3f

We must be buried with him in baptism in his name to be united in his death and resurrection..

Proclaimer
    Participant

It’s time to believe

Peter said:

“You are the messiah, the son of the living God”.

An angel said:  

“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

It’s time for you and others to believe that he was and is the messiah, the son, and the Lord, even as a baby. (Unless you do not believed the scriptures and its message which of course is your prerogative.)

Do you know more than scripture?

Is it wise to deny the foundation of the church?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

You do not seem to recognise prophetic words.

Therefore let the house of Israel know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified. Acts .2.36

Have you been born again of water and the Spirit?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Of course God has made him these things. All is from God.

What you do not understand is who Jesus really is.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

I am merely pointing out scripture to you.

You cannot fault me for doing that.

The ball is in your court not mine.

I have already accepted who Jesus is by believing the scriptures.

You teach contrary to that.

Scripture will renew your mind if you let it.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

So what about Peter? He raised Tabitha, walked on water, preached the gospel and healed the cripples etc.

Was he also some sort of SUPERMAN who preexisted too?

Or was he an ordinary fisherman who was anointed from above with godly powers?

Since you are a teacher who wants to be taken seriously about spiritual matters why are you shy about telling how and when you entered the kingdom?

Proclaimer
    Participant

So what about Peter? He raised Tabitha, walked on water, preached the gospel and healed the cripples etc.

The Son of God and the Lord came down from heaven to us. He completed the work necessary to negate the curse through Adam and destroy the works of the evil one. Instead of thinking he was not extraordinary, think more about his humility and the fact that he emptied himself and came in the flesh as a servant.

but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

So he became one of us, so we could be like him.

who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

And because of the grace of God, we too can do great things like him and Peter. Even greater things.

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi PC,

Or was he an ordinary fisherman who was anointed from above with godly powers?

Nick…….> Thats right they were ordinary men , Gifted with the anointing Spirit of the “living God”,  and did the exact same things that,  “the man”, Jesus did>.  But you see they don’t want to talk about that now do they, why?, because they want to make Jesus appear “different” , then the rest of mankind,  not even realizing that is “exactly” what Satan want them to do, move Jesus away from relating and identifying himself with the rest of humanity,  who are his “brothers and sisters” who also share in the works of the Spirit of God, but those false teachers who make  it out to appear that God the Father is limited,  in who he can,  and does  work through, are of the evil one,  and will not be accepted , unless they repent.

All those who worship Jesus and make him appear a PREEXISTING being,  and as their GOD , are of the evil one and will suffer the same Fate as all idolatrous people will.

And in that day when Jesus returns as a human ruler and sits on the throne of  his Father David, and rejects these fallen apostate churches and their leaders, they will say he is the “ANTICHRIST”  that. they “falsely” predict will come before Jesus’ return, they are already predisposed to do that, by their their very own false teachings about the “Antichrist”

peace and love to you and yours Nick……….gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all men everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.

Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead , some began to sneer, but others said, “ we shall hear you again concerning this”

So Paul went out from their midst. But some men joined him and believed…

Acts 17.30f

…God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believed. For , indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor 2.21f

We cast the seed of the Word but it is a hard sell and we should expect that most cannot accept it and mock it. Such is the plan of God.

the road is narrow and few will choose it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Ordinary Jesus Brigade is still broken

You guys as usual miss the point. Something is blinding you from the obvious. I will make it as simple as I can. Maybe this time. Lol.

Although he existed in the form of God, he emptied himself, came in the flesh, humbled himself, and obeyed his Father. Now he is in the glory with the Father that he had with him before the cosmos and he has a body that we will eventually have. We, as in the true sons of God.

Obviously then, he is a man just like us.

Did you get it this time?

Your argument that he is a man thus cannot have existed in the form of God and was not with God in the beginning because he was a man is no argument at all. Because we both believe he was a man.

So address reality or continue to blind yourself.

I won’t hold my breath.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

So tell us when you were reborn from above and enlightened by the Spirit to understand deep spiritual matters.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I received a new Spirit. Then I read scripture and had faith in the message and believed it. Not only was my mind renewed, but I was given a deep passion for the truth. As a consequence, I know it is wrong to twist scripture to mean something not intended. Because of this, it is relatively easy to spot a lie and to spot a person who intentionally blinds themselves because they don’t love the truth. Instead, some prefer their own understanding. We live in a world of lies because the father of this world is the father of lies.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

We see you agree that Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is the path we should follow so when did you enter the Kingdom?

Proclaimer
    Participant

That is the start, but that will not save you alone. If Constantine was baptised in the name of Jesus and received the Holy Spirit, then he is born again. If he went through the motions for the sake of his kingdom and not the kingdom of God, then it is an empty ritual. Without the Spirit of God, you are not a new creation. You need to be led by the Spirit of God to be a Son of God. The Spirit leads us into ALL truth. Those that lie cannot be led by the Spirit because lies come from a different Father. This is a fruit that we can know a person by. Some start the race, but then bow out for one reason or another.

Proclaimer
    Participant

When did I start? About 40 years ago I received the Spirit of God. The power of God transformed me and made me a new creation.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

In whose name was Constantine baptised?

You know better of course so that excuse is no use.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Those who were blessed by the Spirit in Acts 10 were immediately baptised in the name of Jesus Christ.

You must be reborn of water and the Spirit to see the kingdom.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

For Christ also died for sins, once for all, the just for the unjust, so that he might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit, in which also he went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the time of Noah, during the construction of the Ark, in which a few, that is eight persons were brought safely through the water. Corresponding to that , baptism now saves you- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the RHS of God having gone into heaven , after angels and powers had been subjected to him.1 Peter3.18f

So true baptism is never just and empty ritual as God is involved, and to suggest it could be is disrespectful to God. As we see with Simon the magician in Acts 8 God can reject the repentance of men.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,821 through 3,840 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account