The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Bitter sarcasm and divide and rule tactics do not seem appropriate against those who care for your eternal salvation.

And you tell others they should repent?

Again .. were the apostles ordinary men?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Why give false witness to our words?

Yet you tell others they need to repent of their actions.

We never said that Jesus Christ was an ordinary man and you know it.

We say Jesus of Nazareth was an ordinary man till transformed by the anointing at the Jordan.

Were the apostles ordinary men before Pentecost?

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

They say that you cannot be a saviour or messiah until the work is done.

Wrong. God sent the messiah to save. God sent the Lord to bring all things into submission. God sent the son to redeem those that were lost so they could have sonship.

There is no evidence supporting your statement.

You are faced the fact that God has stated he appointed a man as a prophet to nations before he was in his mother’s womb. (Jeremiah 1:5) Was he literally a prophet to the nations before he came to be or would he later become a prophet.

This has little to do with the ordinary Jesus argument as whether he was already Anointed to be King by God or he would be in the future is irrelevant to that issue.

David was the christ of Judah-Israel of his time and yet he was an ordinary man. Christ is just a rank and when it is the highest rank; short of God.

Jesus taught he was not the savior until he died, resurrected, and ascended to heaven. You can either believe him or not.

John 16:7Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 14:28Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..GOD THE FATHER IS THE TRUE SAVIOR, RATHER HE DOES IT THROUGH MOSES AS IN THE CASE OF ANCIENT ISRAEL OR THRUOUG OFFERING UP THE BLOOD OF HIS ONLY “BEGOTEN” (FROM HUMANITY) SON, the man JESUS, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE, IT STILL IS HE ALONE, THAT SAVES US, OR HAVENT YOU EVER READ ,” GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten (human born) son, that whosoever believes on him “SHOULS NOT” paraish.”

If you truly believe JESUS, THEN you should know JESUS was dowing the WILL OF GOD always, PUTTING HIS OWN “WILL” TO DEATH. SERVING HIS HEAVENLY FATHER, THROUGH THE ANOINTING SPIRIT GIVEN HIM, JUST AS MOSES also a servant of God was doing.

Your denial of JESUS comming into his “only” “EXISTENCE” as a ordinary human being is what i meant when i accused you of denying his humanity, your belife that he was some how “MORPHED” INTO A HUMAN BODY IS WHAT I WAS MEANNING. I am not falsely accusing you.

NICK, KERWIN AND I, ARE RIGHT , YOU ARE WRONG T8, ON THIS, in order for Jesus to be a true messiah he had to be a “ordinary” human being, who had to at some point recieve the “anointing” spirit of God, in order for him to be a MESSIAH, and fulfill the prophesied words of Moses and THE LORD GOD.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

If Jesus of Nazareth was an ordinary man why did he say:
    Dost thou believe on the Son of God? (John 9:35)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj…..SCRIPTURE says Adam was a son of GOD, WAS HE AN ORDINARY MAN? OR PERHAPS A SUPER NATURAL BEING AS YOU SUPOSE JESUS WAS.

JESUS had to be anordinary human being in order for him to fulfill what was prophesied about HIM, all human being that were CHRISTO’S,(anointed ones) WERE ORDINARY MEN. Do you actually believe, Jesus was the “Only” anointed one from the human race.

Your denial of Jesus simply humanity, whom GOD THE FATHER PERFECTED, AND RAISED FROM THE DEAD, IS EXACT WHAT SATAN wants all humanity to believe, you have bought into, the LIE that makes Jesus our brother different then we are. But our scripture says untill we ALL COME UNTO THE MEASURE AND “FULL” STATURE OF CHRIST. BUT YOU BELIEVIBG JESUS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN WE ARE CAN NEVER BELIEVE THAT RIGHT? THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SATAN WANT PEOPLE TO BELIEVE, THAT IS WHY HE STARTED HIS “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION” in the first place.

He who has ears to hear let him hear.

peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Why do you continue to confuse the man from Nazareth with Jesus Christ?

The differences are vast.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8

jn 15

“..apart from me you can do nothing”

compare

jn 5.19

” Truly,truly I say to you the Son can do nothing of himself”

jn 5.30

“I can do nothing of my own initiative.”

Jesus was utterly dependant on the Spirit of God just as we are on the Spirit of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

He was like to us in all ways except sin.

Do you deny this too?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

The answer is in Scripture.

Romans 8:15Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

God fathers all his children by given them his Spirit. Jesus is the chief of all of God’s children. That is his rank and he also has the powers associated with that rank.

I am interested to see if Nick agrees with what I hear or has another take on it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..Both you and Nick are right on this, Those who don’t see Jesus as an “ordinary” human being whom God the Father, by his spirit and power, kept and perfect, simply do not see the real Jesus. Him being an ordinary human being in “eyery way”, yet without sin, because of the power of GOD THE FATHER, “COMPLETELY” qualified him as being a example for “ALL” OF HUMANITY.

We do NOT “SEPERATE”, JESUS’ “EXACT” IDENITY, with us as a HUMAN BEING, the ONLY THING THAT MADE JESUS ANY DIFFERENT THEN THE REST OF ALL HUMANINITY WAS THE “ANOINTING” SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD. OUR BROTHER JESUS WAS AND IS NOT AN OUNCE DIFFERENT THEN ALL HIS BRETHERN WHO HAVE RECIEVED THAT ANOINTING SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM. HIS POSITION OR RANK WAS GIVEN HIM BY GOD THE FATHER, WHO HIMSELF FATHERED HIM IN HUMANITY’ AND KEPT HIM, AND QUALIFIED HIM, AND GAVE HIM HIS PRESENT POSITION, HE NOW HOLDS.

Those who do not see and understand this are simply none of his, they have only themselves to blame, because they have moved JESUS away from their own existence, Jesus did not do this, THEY DID. They are the blind guides leading the blind. IMO

BLESSED ARE YOU EYES FOR THE SEE THIS TRUTH. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

You resort to mockery in defence of your Traditional views?

Tradition elevates men but does not give the glory to God.

rom 1

Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

While I am not labeling anyone here a fool as that would make me the fool, I have no problem labeling doctrines, posts, and replies as foolish ones.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes they were. But Jesus is much more than that.

God sent many messengers over the years, but then he sent his son.

So what will God do to those who mistreat his son and tell lies about him?

Proclaimer
    Participant

We never said that Jesus Christ was an ordinary man and you know it.

Nick, you have said Jesus was an ordinary man and you know it. Further, Gene was preaching the Ordinary Jesus Doctrine years before you. Perhaps he gained a convert.

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is no evidence supporting your statement.

Yes there is. God sent the messiah into the world to save. He sent the son to make it possible for us to become sons. He sent the Lord to bring all things under his feet.

You know this is true. Now at what point was he sent? Was he sent after he brought all things into submission. Was the Messiah sent after he saved all souls that will be saved?

You see Kerwin, He was born the messiah, the Lord, the son of God. The angel testified to it, so there is no way that a person who takes God seriously is going to disagree with the words of a holy angel who delivered a message on behalf of God himself.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Your denial of JESUS comming into his “only” “EXISTENCE” as a ordinary human being is what i meant when i accused you of denying his humanity, your belife that he was some how “MORPHED” INTO A HUMAN BODY IS WHAT I WAS MEANNING. I am not falsely accusing you.

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

You know that Jesus Christ was no ordinary man right.

But do you believe that he came in the flesh?

If so, then you do not believe that an ordinary man came in the flesh.

But I am suspicious of your doctrine.

I don’t think you actually believe that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. You at least give me no reason to think you believe this.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Islamic Jesus is an ordinary man, but had the ministry of a prophet and the messiah.

It sounds very much like the doctrine that some teach here.

Islam denies the Trinity too.

While I agree that it should be denied, coupled with some of the views people hold about Jesus here, then Islam seems like the most suitable religion for some.

Certainly if we reject that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and reject that he was born the son of God and the Lord, then the Koran is the book for you.

The most important message in scripture is about Jesus. If your message mirrors the Jesus of the Koran and not the Bible, then it sounds to me like we have some undercover part-tine Muslims.

But Jesus Christ came in the flesh and those that deny it as Islam does are under the influence of the same spirit of Antichrist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You use the false teaching of Islam to somehow justify the false teaching of tradition?

We cannot follow a superman.

Participant

Hi t8:

So, what do you mean when you say that Jesus was not an ordinary man.  Is he a man or not?  I believe that we all know that he was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary, and that he is not ordinary in that respect.  All of humanity other that him were born of the sperm of man.

Also, you say “He is called the Word of God”.  The scripture states that “His name is called the Word of God”.  There is a difference.  The Word of God did not originate with him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Is 42

Behold my servant, WHOM I UPHOLD;

my chosen one in whom My soul delights,

I have put My Spirit upon him

Is 53.2f

For he grew up before Him as a tender shoot,

and like a root out of parched ground;

hehas no stately form or majesty that we should look upon him,

nor appearance that we should be attracted to him.

He was despised and forsaken of men,

a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;

and like one from whom men hide their face.

He was despised, and we did not esteem him.

Surely our griefs he himself bore,and our sorrows he carried;

yet we we ourselves esteemed him stricken,

smitten of God and afflicted.

This is the one of whom the people said

“physician heal thyself”

God chose the lowly to shame the strong.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account