The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

You avoid the question @searcher

If Constantine had been baptised fully in water and in the name of Jesus, would he be saved?

Yes / No

Or are you going to let the evil one answer for you instead?

All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

I will also accept, I don’t know’ if that is true, because it takes humility to say that.

Go.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

The question can only be directed to God who is present when a man is truly baptised and decides if the repentance is appropriate as Acts 8 shows.

Are you trying to entrap me as you did previously when I was banned from the site for not giving yes or no answers to your questions?

Is that your way of avoiding being challenged about your own foundation in faith?

?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick you said……>Hi Gene,

Therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all men everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.

Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead , some began to sneer, but others said, “ we shall hear you again concerning this”

So Paul went out from their midst. But some men joined him and believed…

Acts 17.30f

…God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believed. For , indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor 2.21f

We cast the seed of the Word but it is a hard sell and we should expect that most cannot accept it and mock it. Such is the plan of God.

the road is narrow and few will choose it.

Amen to that, brother

peace and love to you and yours Nick……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Are you trying to entrap me as you did previously when I was banned from the site for not giving yes or no answers to your questions?

It’s only entrapment if you have something to hide. Those with the truth can answer at anytime with no shame.

Yes/ No / Evil One answer.

Waiting.

Nick
    Participant

You enjoy you bully pulpit.

Nick
    Participant

One or two questions asked of you have yet to be answered,

but nothing applies to you in your own site.

Nick
    Participant

Greeting rid of folks like me would enable you to focus on your favourite subjects like flat earth, and watching theologians argue whether or not God exists.
    So deep.

Nick
    Participant

Folks have been claiming for 2000 years that they have the Spirit and are thereby infallible. There is nothing new under the Sun.

It saves you having to ever learn anything I suppose.

And you boast of your humility too?

Berean
    Participant

“THE WORD OF GOD” IS THE NAME GIVEN TO THE SON OF GOD.(REV.19:13)

THIS IS THE TRUTH

🙏

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, you are not worthy to discuss the things of faith because you are not able to answer weaknesses in your own arguments and teachings. You simply pass them off as persecution. But when you are ready to come fully into the light and put all you have on the table and also admit what you do not have, then we can discuss as equals because the light will be shining on everything with nothing dodgy hiding in the dark. I am ready to discuss the whole doctrine and do not want to waste my time with men who hide away things because they know that something is not right, but are not willing to deal with it.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Your own righteousness is shining through your words.

How can mere mortals relate?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Like I said, when you can answer questions, then we can have a discussion. I am not interested in answers that come from the evil one. Be straight up and transparent. This hiding in the dark business and then stating you are being persecuted is foolish. I leave you with the fact that time is precious and short. Run the race and cast off all that would weigh us down.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

When I know all the answers I will let you know.

But when you ask if a man is forgiven you ask the wrong one.

Only God can decide if the repentance by the sinner offered is adequate.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Are you humble enough to admit that you teach that water baptism saves all who partake of the ritual? And that you oppose the belief that the sons of God are those who are born of the Spirit and are led by that same Spirit?

Because when I mention this truth, you always go back to water baptism which by the way, I have never opposed. I am curious as to why you do this. But I suspect that you are just covering your tracks from things you have said in the past.

Correct me if I am wrong about this.

Agreeing that you need to be born of the Spirit and be led by that Spirit would be a great way to start the discussion. Otherwise, if you cannot move off base one, then there is little we can discuss and I will need to leave you there to contemplate the importance of being born of the Spirit.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

You are confused at least. I do not teach that the ritual of baptism in the name of Jesus Christ saves all.  It is not a mere ritual as it is a plea to God for a clean conscience as 1 Peter 3 tells us and I remind you again. God is involved so do not disrespect Him by calling it a mere ritual. It is the requirement of God Who rarely puts his Holy Spirit in vessels that are unwashed.

You seem to say it is ok to bypass this step and move directly to baptism in the Spirit-correct me if I am wrong. Where did scripture teach this? As you know Cornelius and the gentiles with him are the exception in Acts.

In Acts it is not unusual for the Baptism in the Spirit to be delayed but not water baptism.” Why do you tarry.?” Saul was asked. The Eunuch was only said to be baptised in water before Philip was taken away.  The Jailor was said to be baptised but hands were not laid on at that time.

You yourself quote the verse about God not refusing the Spirit to His children who ask but how does one become a child of God?

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God but you must be reborn of water and the Spirit according to Jesus so diminishing the role of water seems unwise for a servant of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Again you misunderstand. It seems like a habit.

You said: ” God is involved so do not disrespect Him by calling it a mere ritual”.

No, I never said that. You lack understanding Nick.

I was talking about those who are baptised in water in the name of Jesus as a ritual and do not follow through with the faith.

I gave the example of Constantine who was baptised on his deathbed and made the argument that you would by your own doctrine have to proclaim him as saved if he was indeed baptised in water in the name of Jesus. But you could not answer me, despite we both knowing what you have been teaching here.

Nick. You need to be born again and then to be led by that same Spirit. For such are the sons of God.

You have been harping on about baptism here for years as if the mere ritual of that were somehow enough, and then ignore most people who do not even argue against it, but speak about the importance of the Spirit of God and how you need to be born of that Spirit and led by that Spirit. John baptised in water and Jesus Christ baptises with the Holy Spirit and fire. Both baptisms are important, but the latter is far greater.

And before you bring it up, yes some already had the Spirit, but were not baptised in water and consequently were baptised after the fact. I love that. It shows obedience to God and a heart for repentance. But they had the Spirit Nick. That is what is important here.

I think it is time to stop judging others here and judge yourself. After all, it is you and you alone that you will give an account for.

Anyway, back to the topic. You do not believe that Jesus Christ is The Word of God and is now back in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos. Rather, you hold to this other Jesus who is no greater than Adam, but with the difference of being obedient to God. This is another weird teaching that you promulgate here.

Jesus Christ is and was the Son of the Living God, the Christ (even at birth), the Lord, and the savior. He is the firstborn. He was with the Father before there was even a cosmos. Then God sent his son into the world. That is the price he paid for you. Show some respect and also try and understand what people are actually saying.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer you said……..Anyway, back to the topic. You do not believe that Jesus Christ is The Word of God and is now back in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos. Rather, you hold to this other Jesus who is no greater than Adam, but with the difference of being obedient to God. This is another weird teaching that you promulgate here.

Jesus Christ is and was the Son of the Living God, the Christ (even at birth), the Lord, and the savior. He is the firstborn. He was with the Father before there was even a cosmos. Then God sent his son into the world. That is the price he paid for you. Show some respect and also try and understand what people are actually saying.

Proclaimer……I don’t believe that either, the Jesus you preach is not the Jesus I read about in scripture.  Jesus himself was and is never the “word of God ” “himself” ,  God “himself “is his own word, just as you yourself is your own words, JESUS HIMSELF EVEN SAID THAT VERY SAME THING,  ……..> “the words I am telling are “NOT MY WORDS”, but the “WORDS” OF HIM, WHO SENT ME. Do you just through out those word of Jesus in your understanding of the truth?

When scriptures says Jesus was the firstborn of many, it is referring to, being born into the kingdom of God, not the first being ever created as you falsely preach.   If you don’t see Jesus as a fellow “human being” , born exactly as we are,  and is the first “from” mankind,  to be resurrected and born into the kingdom of God, “exactly”,  as we can be. If you don’t understand that, then the Jesus you proclaim is a false Jesus, created by fallen Christianity’s doctrines, which you are embracing.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer……I don’t believe that either, the Jesus you preach is not the Jesus I read about in scripture.  Jesus himself was and is never the “word of God ” “himself” ,  God “himself “is his own word,

I realise the truth of scripture will not convince you. But I post it for others:

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!“

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

I’ll let scripture do the talking. It is scripture that shows you are wrong!

In the meantime I implore you to challenge yourself. Here are some questions:

Who did God make all things through?

a) The Word
    b) The Son
    c) Both
    d) Neither.

If you cannot answer (c) or (a)+(b), then you are clearly going against scripture. Thus, you can say all you like that you believe scripture, but in order for that to be true, you need to answer correctly. You need to believe all of it. It is deceivers who cherry pick what they say is true and what isn’t. But scripture was given by God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……who is going against scripture ?, I directly quoted you a scripture right out of Jesus’ mouth,  which you cleverly ignored,  why is that?,  here it is again, Jesus said (not me) ….>“the words I am telling you are “Not “MY” words, but the words of “HIM”who sent me” ,  why no response from you on that?

Also you misquote Jesus , he never said. , “I was born before Abraham as you would like us to believe,  He said …..> “before Abraham was  I am” ,  also Jesus said…..> “your father Abraham rejoice to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.” , why would Abraham rejoice to see his day if he already existed?   Abraham was looking forward to the day when Jesus would be born and live , not that he already existed, that should is obvious to anyone.

As far as your A, B, C, thing goes, your complete primes is wrong, because your using the word “dia” wrong, it doesn’t mean that Jesus created anything , because if it did then the hundreds of other scriptures in the New and Old Testaments , that show and say that,  only God himself created everything would be wrong,  Common sense should tell you that. The word  “dia” means , exactly what the definition of it says, Jesus was the channel or “reason”,  God the Father created everything.  Jesus representing all of mankind was the ‘reason” God brought this whole creation into its existence. The “MAN”Jesus, was in the mind of God the Father, from the start of  “HIS” creation.  Simple as that, but you and the rest of modern, so-called “CHRISTIANITY ”  fail to see that . Jesus never “preexisted” his birth on this earth, but he was in the Plan and Will of God, from the beginning, before anything was ever started.

You also neglect, that Jesus said …> the son of man (Jesus)  can do “NOTHING” of  (from) himself”.   But you have him creating everything that exists himself. You haven’t a single scripture that shows us that Jesus was alive as a Sentinel being of any kind, before his birth on this earth.  Show us a single scripture in the Old that shows any activity of Jesus, just one will do.

peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer………gene

Berean
    Participant

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called 

The Word of God

👆

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account