The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

So just to clarify you are using Psalm 49 to say that Jesus could not redeem us as a man?

6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; 7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Jesus did not trust in mammon, and he preached against it,

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jesus served God’s will, not his own will and though Jesus wanted the cup to be taken from him as he feared death like all men, God’s will was for him to die on the cross and he obeyed his Master. Jesus CERTAINLY is NOT of the “them” of which David spoke of in chapter 49 of Psalms.

Ed J, you are really trying to tell us that David is saying that NO MAN can redeem his brother??

THAT IS NOT AT ALL what David is saying, he is clearly speaking according to THEM, of which Jesus is not ONE OF. If this is how you treat scripture you have no business attempting to teach God’s word.

CLEARLY, DIRECTLY we are told that we are redeemed through a MAN of flesh.

21 For since by man came death, by MAN came also the resurrection of the dead.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed…. 55 For MY FLESH is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

carmel
    Participant

you move Jesus away from any human likeness, and thereby, make him out to be something other the a human being rather then “a second Adam”, or another “perfected” human being. 

Gene,

Jesus was both

FULLY a Human and a DIVINE being. TWO NATURES NOT ONE! AS SCRIPTURES SAY: TWO IN ONE FLESH! THE FACT THAT

GOD IS OUR SAVIOUR. Through Jesus.

Adam was not an ordinary man when he was created OK?

He was created in the image and likeness of God but once he sinned

he became in the image and likeness of the god of the world Satan in relation to the flesh, once he rejected God.

Adam was so unique before he sinned that no other creature after him was in the position to perform any deed as much as holy as Adam performed in his holy kingdom. SIMPLY BECAUSE through Adam sin, ALL became CURSED AND MORTAL IN THEIR FLESH.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

So just to clarify you are using Psalm 49 to say that Jesus could not redeem us as a man?

6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; 7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Hi Jodi,

Psalms 49:8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

No, but you appear to be saying if Jesus had wealth he could not redeem us to God.

Is that what you are saying?

Ed J
    Participant

This is your dilemma to get out of, not mine

Ed J
    Participant

I know what the answer is

Ed J
    Participant

When you answer yes, no questions, I can point you to verses like that one
    that appear to us to not mesh with the rest of what you are telling us.

Yes/no questions define your position

Ed J
    Participant

I seek reconciliation

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..if you can’t understand those two simple sentences correctly, how can you be trusted to even come close to understanding others?   This only shows how truly ignorant you are about scriptures. You seem unable  to get things in the context they are written,  Sad but it does explain alot.

Peace and love to you and yours  …………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: such occurred in the FLESH of Jesus, God’s WORD HIS PROMISE MADE FLESH.

I agree 100%, Jodi!  GOD’S WORD( A SPIRIT) MADE FLESH.

NOT THE SON OF DAVID MADE FLESH,

THE SONS OF DAVID ALL WERE BORN RIGHT FROM CONCEPTION IN FLESH .

The entire human race is BORN IN FLESH.BUT

“THE WORD” was  MADE FLESH,

Not BORN in FLESH. Though through the LINEAGE of David.

NEVERTHELESS, HE HAD NOTHING OF DAVID ESSENCE. SINCE DAVID WAS

EARTHLY, MORTAL and A SINNER. And no HUMAN SPERM was involved. Never mind David’s SPERM as you FALSELY shout.

Now why John used this term that “THE WORD” was MADE flesh He could have written

BORN IN FLESH in all things like his brethren NO?

Again, He wrote in

1John 4:2 By this is the spirit of God known. Every spirit which confesseth that

JESUS CHRIST IS

COME in the flesh is of God:

Notice THE PRE-EXISTENCE OF JESUS,:

COME IN THE FLESH. FROM WHERE DID JESUS COME? 

OBVIOUS: FROM THE ESSENCE OF THE FATHER, or as scripture says

FROM THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER.

In scripture, A PARTICULAR  verse which proclaims that Jesus could have been BORN is in

Isaiah 9:6 For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder:….

Notice it is more than certain that it is not

A CLEAR REFERENCE TO JESUS, since the word CHILD is used, and if it is a reference to Jesus it is also equivalently a reference to MARY, His mother, the fact that, that verse says

A CHILD IS BORN TO US, and A SON

IS GIVEN TO US, NOTICE  again once it is a clear reference to Jesus

IT DOES NOT SAY BORN TO US, BUT GIVEN TO US. Hence GIVEN to us from GOD through MARY! She  FIRST AND FOREMOST had to be born, IN ORDER FOR JESUS TO BE BORN OF A WOMAN.

YES born of a WOMAN, that’s fine, but BORN OF FLESH IT IS NOT RIGHT IN RELATION TO

THE SON OF GO. Since it is not mentioned as such in scriptures. In relation to a son of David, it is fine and PROPER.

Now did you ever asked yourself why scripture in relation to Jesus birth, never declares CLEARLY that Jesus was

BORN IN FLESH, and instead, it clearly declares that Jesus “THE WORD”

WAS MADE FLESH and all the specific TERMS mentioned above, which emphatically proclaim that Jesus was NOT AN ORDINARY MAN, BUT DEFINITELY

AN EXTRAORDINARY MAN.

Now, believe it or not, it’s your problem, Jesus was MADE flesh in the VERY TRUE SENSE!

Jesus as scripture clearly declares IS THE LIGHT, this was also manifested by Jesus Himself on Mount Tabor.

Thus Jesus CAME OUT of Mary as THE ACTUAL LIGHT, SPIRIT. THROUGH MARY’S SIDE, AND AFTER A WHILE HE WAS CLOTHED WITH THE FLESH. HE WAS MADE FLESH! THE FATHER OF ALL FLESH.

JOHN17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh,

The fact that God through Jesus PURCHASED the entire human race, by which Jesus became the Father of it. Well declared by Jesus to Mary Magdalene immediately after His resurrection.

This process was done by God when He MADE EVE. THE MOTHER OF ALL FLESH.

He took the rib from Adam, symbolically SPIRIT, “THE WORD” Jesus to be, SINCE ALL BY HIM….

and He BUILT INTO  the woman in FLESH.

She was a spirit, manifested in the bone, “THE WORD” Jesus to be , the Son of Man to be, and WAS MADE FLESH!

I agree 100%, Jodi!  GOD’S WORD HIS PROMISE ( A pre-existed SPIRIT) MADE FLESH.

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Edj…..if you can’t understand those two simple sentences correctly, how can you be trusted to even come close to understanding others? This only shows how truly ignorant you are about scriptures.

No explanation,

just bad mouthing. Shows where your heart is

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……I and Jodi both,  Clearly explained it, AGAIN your simply seem unable to understand simple things, so why should we expect you to understand complex thing?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

Hi Jodi,

Psalms 49:8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

No, but you appear to be saying if Jesus had wealth he could not redeem us to God.

ME: NOT at ALL, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Ed J, it’s NOT about being rich.

It is about that which you SERVE and TRUST IN, that Jesus and David spoke about. 

49:1 Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world: 2 Both low and high, rich and poor, together. 3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

VERSE 6 They that TRUST in their wealth, and BOAST THEMSELVES IN the multitude of their riches; 7 None OF THEM can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Matthew 6:24 No man can SERVE two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot SERVE God and mammon.

David in 49:6-7 is speaking of certain men of a certain heart, men who trust in their wealth and not God.

Jesus, was clearly NOT of the mind of such men as these, he served God alone.

He had a carnal mind as they have, but he overcame it remaining perfect like a LAMB without spot or blemish when he was sacrificed on the cross, his FLESH beaten and nailed shedding blood for our sins. He was like ALL men FEARING death, his carnal mind asked God to “take this cup” from him, such was not God’s will, and Jesus honored that will, because ultimately he had FAITH and TRUST in God OVER his own carnal mind, thus DESTROYING the enmity on the cross.

carmel
    Participant

YOU: VERSE 6 They that TRUST in their wealth, and BOAST THEMSELVES IN the multitude of their riches; 7 None OF THEM can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Jodi,

What about the statement in 7?

It clearly says: None OF THEM

can by any means

redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom

for him:

YOU: David in 49:6-7 is speaking of certain men of a certain heart, men who trust in their wealth and not God.

Thus  David didn’t speak only of certain men of a certain heart, men who trust in their wealth and not God.

David made it clear that DESPITE THE FACT THAT:

They that TRUST in their wealth, and BOAST THEMSELVES IN the multitude of their riches;

AND in the position to settle all obstacles by the

MEANS OF MONEY Here comes 7:

None OF THEM can by

ANY MEANS

redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom

for him:

REGARDING REDEMPTION, WEALTH AND RICHES  ARE SIMPLY

USELESS, they do not qualify, money has nothing to do with redemption. There is no one

ON EARTH, OF EARTH, THROUGH EARTH, WORTHY 

They cannot

PAY THE RANSOM FOR GOD.

DEFINITELY NOT!! NOT EVEN

ONLY A SON OF DAVID.

Now read and discern:

For see your vocation, brethren, that there are not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble. 27But the foolish things ( NOT DAVID’S)of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the wise: and the weak things (NOT DAVID’S) of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the strong. 28And the base things( NOT DAVID’S) of the world and the things that are contemptible,(NOT DAVID’S)  hath God chosen: and things that are not, (NOT DAVID’S) that he might bring to naught things that are: (DAVID’S)

29That no flesh should glory in his sight. 

NEITHER MAN NOR WOMAN.

NOT EVEN  DAVID

The ransom Jesus paid is not of

MONEY, it has nothing to do with wealth and riches, in any way OF EARTH.

But It has to do with WHAT THE FATHER IS PLEASED WITH!

WHICH WAS NOTHING OF EARTH.

God the Father was only pleased with HIS OWN DIVINE RANSOM, which He Himself furnished.

ALL HEAVENLY! DESPITE ALSO A SON OF DAVID!

So humanity can

BOAST and PROCLAIM that

their God is their savior! in JESUS!

THE SON OF GOD

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

The Son Carmel, that was SENT by God was Jesus of Nazareth, the SON OF MAN CAME to the people,  he had been begotten of God’s Spirit, just as God had promised David. Such is EXACTLY why when the Spirit descended upon Jesus of Nazareth God said, “THIS is my beloved Son“, and why we see Jesus quote Isaiah after this Spirit was placed upon him and say that he has been anointed with the Spirit and SENT. It was a Son of Man BORN of God’s Spirit that was sent out.

It was the Son of Man, spoken by the prophets that God had promised would come, just as David said in Psalms 8, that God would visit a Son of Man, making this Son of Man lower than the angels for the suffering of death to then be crowned with glory, and he is crowned with his father David’s kingdom and he is GIVEN dominion over all the WORKS of God’s hands. 

CARMEL, JESUS tells you directly that the ONE to give his life for a ransom is a SON OF MAN.

5 For there is one God and one MEDIATOR between God and mankind, the MAN Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostleI am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

Jesus was set apart, HOLY because he had been the Son of Man foreordained by God, as he grew as a child God’s MERCY was upon him, and then God’s Spirit was placed upon him in full measure like a dove descending, to fulfill all righteousness, just as Jesus said just prior to his baptism, and just as Isaiah had prophesied.

Hebrews 9:15 For this reason Christ is the MEDIATOR of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Carmel when you combine Paul’s words with Isaiah’s it is most certainly clear that the Christ (Christos-anointed) represents the Son of Man who was anointed with God’s Spirit, the one that God foreordained to be a covenant to the people by taking Jesse’s offspring and calling him to righteousness. 

Isaiah 42:1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. 2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. 3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; 4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” 5 This is what God the LORD says— the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: 6 “I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Isaiah 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD— 3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; 4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. 5 Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge BECAUSE he is the Son of Man. 28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Acts 10:37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. 39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 

Acts 2:22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him: “ ‘I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest in hope, 27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay. 28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.’ 29 “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30 But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his DESCENDENTS on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” ’ 36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” 

Carmel, it was all planned by God spoken long before to David concerning his own descendant, of which was God’s WORD even before God created heaven and earth by His own hands and gave man the breath of life and a spirit to walk therein. 

Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Carmel, it is by Jesus of Nazareth, a Son of Man, being born of God’s Spirit leading him to being MADE perfect that we are redeemed. 

Hebrews 5:9 And being MADE perfect, he BECAME the source of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I, the LORD, have CALLED YOU  in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will MAKE you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse…I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations….Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. 

Matthew 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many…19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Our One True God is the Eternal Spirit, existing with Powers, the SOURCE of all wisdom and all that is righteous. God’s WORDS that He SPEAKS are OF the Powers of His Spirit, they are OF His Wisdom and are OF His Righteousness, that which He says comes forth, His will is performed and cannot be denied. 

God’s WORD that He spoke to the prophets, that would one day be fulfilled were concerning a HUMAN of flesh that would RECEIVE His Spirit and the Powers thereof, Power of Wisdom able to control the wind, water, able to make stone into bread, heal people of disease, raise the dead, Power of Knowledge to learn from God about who God is, His plan, and that of man and his weakness, Power of Understanding, to judge not by his own eyes and ears but according to God’s righteousness…etc…

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

God promised that a HUMAN of the offspring of Jesse would receive His Spirit and be SENT out into the world. 

God’s WORD that had been spoken to Isaiah was fulfilled, MADE TRUE IN THE FLESH of Jesus of Nazareth WHEN the Spirit descended like a dove upon him. 

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

This BELOVED Son, is Jesus of Nazareth who God had made born of His Spirit placing His Spirit upon him, anointing him and sending him out into the world. He came not of his own will to the people, he came directly from heaven, from God to fulfill God’s will. He was the bread from heaven, and that bread was his flesh that had God’s Spirit placed upon him, being filled with the Spirit and Power, where people beheld the glory of the only MORTAL FILLED with grace and TRUTH. 

John 3:34 For he whom God hath SENT speaketh the words of God: for God GIVETH not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to PREACH good tidings unto the meek; he hath SENT me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,…14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about…17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 

WOW, talk about the offspring of Jesse BECOMING a LIGHT to the world!!  Unfortunate how his OWN didn’t receive that light.

Carmel it’s all given to you!!

Jesus was the offspring of Jesse who God placed His Spirit upon, making God’s word TRUE.

BECAUSE that Spirit was upon him without measure he was ABLE to speak God’s words AND he was able fulfill God’s words that concerned him that God had revealed to the prophets.

So many times we have in scripture examples of God’s word spoken by the prophets,concerning a Son of Man, being fulfilled in the FLESH of Jesus!!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……You’ve done a good job sis. May God our Heavenly Father bless and keep you.  If they want the truth it has been presented clearly to them,  if they have ears to hear, then they will hear.

carmel
    Participant

Jodi, reflect carefully on Psalm 49:

All you that are and you sons of men: both rich and poor together.

In the above it is more than clear that

ALL THAT ARE

EARTHBORN,

SONS OF MEN, INCLUDING DAVID, BOTH RICH AND POOR!

NOW Jesus was not ONE OF THE ABOVE OK? The above are ALL SINNERS and SATANIC INFLESH!

CLEAR?

Jesus, despite BORN ON EARTH, IS

NOT OF EARTH

John8:23 And he said to them: You are from beneath:

I am from above.

You are of this world:

I am not of this world.

Despite

A SON OF DAVID,

He was ALL HEAVENLY DIVINE IN FLESH, DESPITE

IN ALL THINGS LIKE  HIS BRETHREN! 

HE WAS DIVINE.

Jesus was clear when He said:

FLESH COUNTS FOR NOTHING, especially FOR GOD! And as Son of David counts for nothing, it simply means that

GOD MANIFESTED ON EARTH A SON OF DAVID AND IN THE SAME INSTANT

NOTHING OF EARTH, and all HEAVENLY.

SPIRIT.  the Spirit gives life.  

It is through the SPIRIT, “THE WORD” that things are MANIFESTED!

6{48:7}They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;

In the above, it clearly declares that WHILE ON EARTH  THINGS SOMEHOW ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE POWER OF MONEY and even GLORY IN THEIR RICHES IT’S NOT THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO

REDEMPTION! Well clear hereunder!

7{48:8}No brother can redeem, nor shall man redeem: he shall not give to God his ransom,

In the above ONLY THE BLIND CANNOT SEE THE ACTUAL MESSAGE, WHICH EMPHATICALLY SAYS:

NOT ONE OF THE BROTHERS OF EARTH CAN REDEEM, NOR A PARTICULAR UNIQUE MAN EVEN A SON OF DAVID ONCE

OF EARTH CAN REDEEM, 

HE SHALL NOT QUALIFY AND PRESENT HIMSELF 

A RANSOM FOR GOD.

8{48:9}Nor the price of the redemption of his soul: and shall labor forever, ( FOR NOTHING)

9{48:10}And shall still live unto the end.

10{48:11}He shall not see destruction, when he shall see the wise dying: the senseless and the fool shall perish together: And they shall leave their riches to strangers:

11{48:12}And their sepulchers shall be their houses forever. Their dwelling places to all generations: they have called their lands by their names.

12{48:13}And man when he was in honor did not understand; he is compared to senseless beasts and is become like to them.

13{48:14}This way of theirs is a stumblingblock to them: and afterward they shall delight in their mouth.

14{48:15}They are laid in hell like sheep: death shall feed upon them. And the JUST shall have dominion over them in the morning, and their help shall decay in hell from their glory.

15{48:16}But God

will redeem my soul from the hand of hell when he shall receive me.

16{48:17}Be not thou afraid, when a man shall be made rich, and when the glory of his house shall be increased.

17{48:18}For when he shall die he shall take nothing away; nor shall his glory descend with him.

18{48:19}For in his lifetime his soul will be blessed: and he will praise thee when thou shalt do well to him.

19{48:20}He shall go in to the generations of his fathers: and he shall never see

light

20{48:21}Man when he was in honour did not understand: he hath been compared

to senseless beasts, and made like to them.

Ed J
    Participant

Edj…..if you can’t understand those two simple sentences correctly, how can you be trusted to even come close to understanding others? This only shows how truly ignorant you are about scriptures.

No explanation,

just bad mouthing. Shows where your heart is

Edj……AGAIN your simply seem unable to understand simple things, so why should we expect you to understand complex thing?

Gene,

Is that all you can do is bad mouth.

I have been studying the bible for almost 50 years,
    It is you that doesn’t seem to understand complex things.
    If you don’t start talking civil, I might have to ignore you.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Hi Jodi,

6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
    7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
    8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) (Psalms 49:6-8)

Hi Ed J,

ME: NOT at ALL, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Jesus, was clearly NOT of the mind of such men as these, he served God alone.

He had a carnal mind as they have, but he overcame it remaining perfect like a LAMB without spot or blemish when he was sacrificed on the cross, his FLESH beaten and nailed shedding blood for our sins. He was like ALL men FEARING death, his carnal mind asked God to “take this cup” from him, such was not God’s will, and Jesus honored that will, because ultimately he had FAITH and TRUST in God OVER his own carnal mind, thus DESTROYING the enmity on the cross.

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for at least trying to explain your position.
    That’s more than I can say for Mr. Gene Balthrop!

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi & Gene                        Is Jesus God?

For one reason or another, there has been and still is a lot of confusion about
    whether or not Jesus Christ is truly to be reckoned as God, a god, or whether
    He was an angel or some other spirit being.
    Anything to do with the Deity seems to be problematical, and not easy to understand. This is because our human minds are not capable of analyzing or of
    truly comprehending anything to do with the Spirit that is of a practical and thorough way to us. We can imagine we think we are right, and all the time be completely wrong in our imaginations and ideas.
    Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,
    neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his
    thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the
    heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and
    my thoughts than your thoughts.
    Christ is telling us very clearly in the words that He Isaiah inspired to write, that a normal function of the heart of man is wicked, and our thoughts unrighteous.
    That is why, because of human nature, we need the Divine Revelation contained in the Bible to inform us of things that we are totally incapable of judging for ourselves. We have to allow it to tell us the things of the Spirit.
    Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but
    they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    The Bible was written for that exact purpose. When we ask for and are led by
    God’s Spirit as we study, the Bible springs to life in our minds in a new way. It
    reveals things to human beings that we cannot of ourselves comprehend. The problem is however, are we willing to believe what that revelation tells us? Christ
    said that many would be called, but few chosen. Sadly it is clear that many will adopt human ideas, but so very few people will put their complete trust in the
    Scriptures. If we will, in spite of the difficulties in understanding Spiritual matters, if we will read carefully and believe what the Bible says, we can absolutely know the answer to Is Jesus God? The answer from the Scriptures is yes. It is clear that He is, that Jesus Christ is God.
    Let us look at the manner in which this information can be obtained. We cannot
    cherry-pick the Scriptures to find a verse here and there which supports our
    notions, but must look at the story thread of the Bible on the subject.
    For example, after Jesus’ resurrection from the dead, he was seen by His
    disciples, initially all of them except one, Thomas (called the doubter) who came
    later on. Thomas was very sceptical, and declared that he would not believe that
    it was Christ unless He could check Him out physically. When Thomas finally came to realise that it was Christ, he came out with an exclamation that is very interesting.
    John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas
    with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and
    said, Peace be unto you.
    Remember very clearly, that Thomas seriously doubted that Christ was risen, and whether indeed anyone could be resurrected from the dead. Thomas had seen Jesus on the cross, and had witnessed the crucifixion and the soldier plunging his spear into Christ’s side. He just could not believe for a moment that anyone in that condition could come alive after death.
    But here was Christ eight days after His resurrection was appearing with His
    disciples, and He calls aside Thomas.
    John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my
    hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless,
    but believing.
    Notice carefully what Thomas who had not seen Jesus up to now is recorded
    saying in response by John under inspiration:
    John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
    Jesus goes on to say: John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
    He did not rebuke Thomas for His exclamation when he said, “My Lord and my
    God”, and acknowledged Jesus by using two titles, ‘my Lord’, and ‘my God’.
    If this had been a blasphemous statement, would Jesus have let it pass without comment?
    Next, it is important to notice what come next in this passage of God’s Word.
    John is inspired to write, that there was a great deal more Christ demonstrated
    to His disciples, but they are not written in this book. Christ only inspires what
    He considers to be adequate signs and evidence for the truths He wishes us to have at this time.
    John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his
    disciples, which are not written in this book:
    And even more importantly, the words that come next were crucial, and written very specifically for the purpose of inspiring ‘belief” in those that read them.
    John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
    People talk about being involved with ‘God’s Work’, and usually mean that they
    consider their organisation is doing that, but did Christ give us a definition of
    what the work of God’s people is? Yes.
    John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye
    believe on him whom he hath sent.
    Now this is the problem though, because in the Bible in the Old Testament in particular, it say sseveral times, (and repetition in the Bible is always for
    emphasis), that there is only One God. The Old Testament clearly says that
    there is only One God. The distinction of God’s people, the Children of Israel
    was that very differently from all other peoples round and about, they
    worshipped the One God, whereas all the Gentiles had many gods and
    goddesses.
    In the New Testament, there is the Father, and almost everyone says the Father is God, but is Jesus Christ God? If then we have the Father who is God, and Jesus Christ who is God, then we appear to have two Gods, and that is not
    monotheism it is polytheism. The there are some that would assume that the
    Holy Spirit also is a personality, and He is God. Well if the Holy Spirit is God as
    well, we now have three Gods in one. Then we are told in the Bible that
    sometimes angels are called ‘Elohim’, and even human beings are called
    ‘Elohim’. Do we have a plurality of Gods after all?
    Or to revert to the original question, can Jesus be called God? Well according to
    the appraisal of Thomas, the answer is ‘yes’. He said my Lord and my God, and
    Christ did not correct him on that statement. If we believe that ‘all (original)
    Scripture is inspired by God, should we not accept those words?
    When we look at who Paul said Christ really was, there are several Scriptures
    where he goes into the origin of things, the clearest is in Colossians 1.
    Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath
    translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption
    through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who (Jesus) is the image of
    the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature (creation).
    Some people say that Jesus Christ was a creation of God and has not lived for
    eternity like the Father has. This point will be looked at again later.
    Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that
    are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or (angelic)
    dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for
    him: 17 And he is before all (these) things, and by him all things consist. 18 And
    he is the head of the body, the church ekklesia: who is the beginning, the
    firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
    This clearly identifies who Paul is talking about here.
    Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him (Christ) should all fulness
    dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his (Christ’s) cross, by
    him (Christ) to reconcile all things unto himself; by him (Christ), I say, whether
    they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime
    alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he (Christ) reconciled. 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you (to the Father) holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his (the Father’s) sight:
    If Christ was the Creator of all things, we need to go back to the beginning of the
    account of Creation in Genesis which everyone is familiar with, and it is here
    that the Hebrew word ‘Elohim’ is used. Paul in Colossians has made it clear that
    it was Jesus Christ who created all things,
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the
    earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
    And the Spirit of God moved (began to ‘flutter’) upon the face of the waters.
    Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God
    saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    In the next verses, it tells of God creating the days, then God created every
    living thing, heavens and so on. Who is the person that is doing the creating
    here in Genesis. He is called God. In most of these verses God is the Hebrew
    word ‘Elohim’ is a plural word, but in most of these verses Elohim is governed by singular verbs. God (plural) says (singular) thus and such.
    We already know who the Creator of all things is from Colossians, it is Jesus
    Christ. It is plain from these two sections, one from the New Testament and one
    from the Old Testament, that Jesus Christ is the Elohim of Creation in Genesis.
    There is more to this, when we look at John chapter one.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (the Logos), and the Word was with
    God, and the Word was God.
    Some make a big point that there is no definite article before the second word
    God here, so it means ‘a’ God. There is no problem with this, as the Word was
    God.
    John 1:2 The same (‘Word’ – Logos) who was called God, was in the beginning
    with God (the Father).
    This word ‘God’ in the Greek is a singular word because of the language of the New Testament. But you cannot have one person being with another unless
    there is plurality which there is in the Hebrew in Genesis, and as we see both of them are called ‘God’. So in the very beginning verses of John, we have two
    personalities.

There’s more! Is Jesus God?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account