The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

’JESUS EMPTIED HIMSELF AND CAME IN THE FLESH’

It is possible I left out the Christ part and if so it was not my intention, so I stand corrected. But it would be good to know exactly where I posted that.

Each post has a number that links to the post., could you paste the link to the post so I can take a look for myself and remind myself to be more careful in future. If you don’t know how to do that, then the post number on its own will suffice. I took a look at all my recent posts in my profile area and couldn’t see it.

Thanks in advance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Why do you claim ownership of the meaning of scripture and dictate who should teach?

A humbler man would seek more knowledge.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Was this man not from the tribe of Judah?

Try to understand that probably all here believe that Jesus came as a man. These kinds of versus are irrelevant to the subject at hand. Your Ordinary Jesus Doctrine doesn’t have a monopoly on this. Lol. Once this is understood, it will save a lot of time and help focus the subject.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

CAME AS or IS a man?

Was he conceived as men are?

Or was he a son of God before conception?

He says he is a son of man but you tend to disagree?

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8 said:
    That’s interesting. So he doesn’t have his spirit now?

Nick said:
    Of course not.
    He lives by the Holy Spirit.

Interesting. I could whip up a huge meal out of this, but haven’t got time at the moment. Will address this later, but suffice to say, it appears you teach that Jesus really did die but permantly and was taken over by God who lived in the shell. Perhaps you can clear this up with what happened to Jesus soul.

Proclaimer
    Participant

CAME AS or IS a man?

Came in the flesh. Yes he was a man. No one here is saying otherwise except from the odd Trinitarian comment that appears here from members who do not post very often.

The fact that he is the final Adam shows he is a man. Adam means man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Shell?

VESSEL  is the Word that scripture uses as in 2 Tim 2.20f, 2 Cor 4.7

Does it offend you that no man can offer anything useful to God except to be available as a vessel?

Scripture says about us that God is at work in us to will and to do..phil 2

Do you agree that God was at work in Jesus Christ to will and to do as well ?  not my will but thine be done.

God’s power shows up best in weak vessels…so how weak was Jesus?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why do you claim ownership of the meaning of scripture and dictate who should teach?

A humbler man would seek more knowledge.

Let me get this straight. Saying the following means I claim ownership? Na. It is what it is and is not what you say it is when you apply your needed spin.

You can change anything by adding words which you, Jodi, and Gene do a lot.

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

No spin from me. My message is written in red above. Argue with me then is arguing with God because I merely hold the scripture up you and it corrects you all on its own.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Unknowingly you assume your understanding of scripture must be faultless.

But is it

?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Was he conceived or was he some sort of preexistent being?

Choose.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

The Soul of Jesus Christ is still WHO HE IS but now he is in a new body enlivened by the Eternal Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Life is in the blood.

The blood of Jesus Christ was poured out unto water.

But he was raised and resumed life without blood as the source of that life.

His life was now only by the Living Spirit in him.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

T8 is right listen to Him Nick.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

God bless

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

The Greek translation of Messiah is khristos (χριστός), anglicized as Christ, and Christians commonly refer to Jesus as either the “Christ” or the “Messiah“. … In each of the four New Testament Gospels, the only literal anointing of Jesus is conducted by a woman.

Christ = Messiah, when you see Christ you see the Messiah.

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Anthony…..a messiah is simply a HEBREW old testement word for “a anointed person”, Christo’s is the GREEK new testement word for the same thing, “a anointed person”. Why try to complicate something so simple?

It is God who anoints with the spirit, JESUS, AND also OTHERS , in both the old and new testements, not a woman.

Mudding the water produces nothing ANTHONY.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….You said you can change anything by adding words that’s true, please show where I do that, now here is where you change the text by adding your words, Scripture say , “before Abraham I Am”,  you say before ABRAHAM existed I WAS BORN.  Istn’t that a little hypocritical on your part.

You never answered the question I gave you, why did Jesus have to be anointed twice, scripture shoes clearly he was anointed by the holy spirit at the Jordan , and after that sent out into the wilderness and then out into the world to preach the kingdom  of God, with the power,  he recieve at his anointing from  the Jordan.

SO WHY A DOUBLE ANOINTING ?  Why would God give him what he,  according to you already had?

And if he already preexisted as the creator of everything as you assume,  why would he even need to be anointed at all?

AND while you trying to explain that,  tells us , what good would it do mankind to have a already perfect being come and act like he was a human being and die for us, a being who was already perfect, are we to admire that, and say ,  look a real human being, like was, gave his life for us all, when all the time he was only passing himself off as a real human. Was God the Father playing a trick on us, sending someone who was nothing like us to “act” like us and “actually die for us”?

Your Jesus is a fraud,  if you “can’t see” Jesus as a fellow human being who came into his existence at the time of his berth on this earth, and was tempted exactly like we are, you have no part in the truth of God.

T8….you do both things JOHN said , you deny him coming into his existence only,  as a flesh and blood human being,  exactly as we do,   and you deny his anointing of the holy spirit at the Jordan river, “IN THAT WAY” , you are exactly what John said, a Antichrist.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning t8,

People who won’t even apply the very prior verse to the angel’s words to the verse after is off  to a bad start. People who don’t apply the same account from another gospel writer is off to a bad start. People who don’t apply God’s promise given in prophecy is off to a REALLY bad start. 

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    Through Abraham’s seed the Christ would come, through that seed being anointed God brings us good tidings of great joy, as through him being made perfect all nations shall be blessed. Even prior to his death he brought great joy, AFTER he had received the Spirit descending down on him like a dove he was SENT out and healed many people, Jew and Gentiles alike. 
    Matthew 1:20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for HE WILL save his people from their sins.” 22 All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet: 23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’” 
    t8, CAN YOU SPEAK of the VIRGIN birth according to Isaiah 7?? WHY God gave the house of David for a sign?
    t8, PLEASE DISCUSS this below PASSAGE,
    DO YOU believe it as it is written??
    Acts 10:36 THIS IS THE MESSAGE of Good News for the people of Israel—that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.The below IS THE MESSAGE how that peace came to be, and it proves that Jesus of Nazareth was MADE the ANOINTED at the river.
    Below is the message of when Jesus of Nazareth was anointed becoming the Christ (anointed one)
    37 You know what happened throughout Judea, BEGINNING in Galilee, AFTER John began preaching his message of baptism. 38 And you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. THEN Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 “And we apostles are witnesses of all he did throughout Judea and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him to life on the third day. Then God allowed him to appear,

Jesus of NAZARETH WAS ANOINTED at the river t8, Christ MEANS ANOINTED. First God had to anoint Jesus of Nazareth, then he BECAME Jesus the anointed. NOTICE it does not say Jesus Christ was anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power, Jesus of Nazareth was and that it why he is called the Christ.   The passage is telling you just how it is that Jesus came to be the Christ (anointed).

The angel speaking of the infant speaks of him according to prophecy, God’s promise given to Abraham in Luke verse 10, but it is WRONG to say that the angel is not still speaking of the infant according to prophecy in verse 11 according to you, that is BAD. Simeon speaks of the infant according to Isaiah, but when he says that his eyes have seen salvation in the infant, it has nothing to do with him knowing that the infant is the seed of Jesse who would be anointed and die on the cross to save sinners. The angel speaks of the infant according to prophecy, it even says so, in Matthew, but it is bad to apply one gospel writer to another according to you.

t8, you don’t even explain HOW it is, the reason why the angel calls the infant “a savior, who is anointed the master”. How is it that the infant is a savior, and being that savior thus is anointed the master? Tell the story?

That DAY in Bethlehem when Jesus was born he is called our savior, who is anointed the master, WHY is he called that, how is it that he is our savior, HOW is the infant an anointed master? If you want to READ the passage with tunnel vision not applying any knowledge of any other passage, then before that DAY there was NO savior, there was NO anointed master.  ON THAT day there was, with the way you are asking us to read the passage — our savior the anointed master was MADE on that day.  The infant being referenced according to prophecy and what he is to fulfill cannot apply, so neither can your pre-existing son of God apply either now can it?

Do you follow me t8?

You are saying that the angel said what he said because it applies to something, which is him existing before, do you not? But yet you tell us we aren’t allowed to apply what the angel said to something, that we aren’t allowed to apply it to prophecy.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

You said: Anthony…..a messiah is simply a HEBREW old testement word for “a anointed person”, Christo’s is the GREEK new testement word for the same thing, “a anointed person”.

The Messiah in the Old Testament and All prophesy about Him is no other then Jesus Christ.and these scriptures are speaking of Jesus Christ, not all people.

Messiah= Jesus Christ

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.                            (The Anointed One) how can you be so confused of this simple truth. You are from the anti-Christ spirit.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

2 Peter 2.19

So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention

as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

The Word is prophetic.

My words are spirit and they are life.

Let the dead bury the dead.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

This may help:

Mark 1:1 The beginningof the gospel of Jesus Christ, the SON OF GOD.

Me: Notice, the Messiah was called the son of God before he was baptized by John the Baptist. He was also called Jesus the Christ before Jordan.

Definition of Jesus in Mark 1:1
    2424 Iēsoús – Jesus, the transliteration of the Hebrew term, 3091 /Lṓt (“Yehoshua”/Jehoshua, contracted to “Joshua”) which means “Yahweh saves” (or “Yahweh is salvation”).

Definition of Christ in Mark 1:1
    the Anointed One, Messiah, Christ
    Usage: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ.                                     (Taken from TC post) Hispost wasright on.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account