The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

So bury them Nick, Jesus Christ came in the flesh, His Father prepared a body. Nick you don’t believe that, how could you. You  belive He was just a man, like He had human parents.your a joke.

We now have life now that His Father sent Him to die for the sins of the whole world . God a consuming fire . Do you hear me Nick.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

If you cannot grasp the prophetic word you will convince yourself

that the literal reading is all there is to see in scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

I hear cymbals tinkling but see no real evidence of understanding.

Go back to the beginning.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The Body prepared was that of Jesus of Nazareth.

He was born under, and was obedient to, the law and found as a clean vessel at the Jordan for the treasure.

2 Cor 4.7

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God

and not from ourselves..

Anthony
    Participant

Hi All

Scriptures that may help:

“The Jews answered Him (Jesus), ‘For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.’ ”(John 10:33)

Jesus had obviously claimed to be God. So just what had He said to upset His Jewish audience so much?

“I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)

He didn’t say that He was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one.” In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that He had referred to Himself as the “Son of God.” Logic alone would tell us that the “Son” of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God. The Jews, however, didn’t believe any of His claims. Getting nowhere with them, Jesus then focused their attention on the works that He had done and would continue to do. If He wasn’t God, He reasoned, how could He have performed all those miracles? He supported His claim to be God by saying,

“…that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” (John 10:38)

During the Last Supper, just after washing the disciples’ feet, Jesus made a bold statement:

“You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.” (John 13:13)

The New Testament was originally written in Greek. The Greek word for “Lord” is Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself. Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,

“…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9)

Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eighth chapter of John.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” (John 8:58)

This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”  

Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh—I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.

God bless 🙏

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

Tismay help: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Messiah= Jesus Christ, the anoiAnno One.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The blind Pharisees thought that Jesus was claiming to be God.

Do you agree with them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The sooner that you begin to hear God speaking through the mouth of Jesus Christ

the sooner your confusion will be dispelled.

Jn 3.34

For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God….

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ANTHONY…..You couldn’t be more wrong even if you tried .  Saying you are one with someone is no way saying you and that person are the same person.  Neither do you seem to understand how God the Father can be “in” a person and that person GOD is “in” is not a God himself.  2 Con5:19-20 Scripture say GOD was reconciling the world unto himself “in” the anointed Jesus  and in us also.

1 Ti 2:5…..For there is ONE GOD, and ONE MEDIATOR  between GOD and men THE “MAN” , the “anointed” JESUS.

Anthony does that scripture say to you JESUS AND GOD are one and the same person.?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

You said:

If you cannot grasp the prophetic word you will convince yourself

that the literal reading is all there is to see in scripture.

I know there is more then just literal scriptures , how could you understand anything but Nick. Let me ask you this: a yes or no will be good Nick. Is the Lake of fire in Revalation literal or symbolic?

May God open your Spiritual eyes on this one.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels but sadly is the future for much of deceived humanity too.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

(1) CAME AS or IS a man?

(2) Was he conceived as men are?

(3) Or was he a son of God before conception?

(4) He says he is a son of man but you tend to disagree?

HiNick,

1) Yes, CAME AS “was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man” (Phil 2:6-8)

2) Yes, Matthew 1:20 makes it clear God’s HolySpirit conceived in Mary

3) being in the form of God – means Christ is Spirit (Phil 2:6-8)
    and Micah 5:2 and 1Peter 1:11 both say Christ’s Spirit pre-existed

4) Please stop trying to make red herrings in an attempt to deal with YOUR misconceptions…
    …and address the real issues as T8 is suggesting.

Point #4 WAS UNNECESSARY, AND WE ALL KNOW IT!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The Spirit of Christ was in the prophets.

In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.

But the vessel for God,  Jesus, was conceived in Mary’s womb.

The Holy Spirit was conceived in Mary? Nonsense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Did you not realise that Jesus was a man like you and Moses?

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

You didn’t answer the question.

Is the Lake of fire literal or figurtive (symbolic) yes or no. That realhard for you to answer yes or no.

God bless

Anthony
    Participant

Nick

Try this one: is the rich man and Lazarus, a  parable or literal?

Yes or no .      God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Christ was Spirit? The  Anointed one was Spirit?

You are getting seriously confused.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Jesus Christ used real situations to teach about truth.

Would you make his words just mythical?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Why would you not believe Revelation?

Do you eat the flesh of Jesus Christ and drink his blood?

Let the Spirit guide you into spiritual understandings.

Anthony
    Participant

Nick

God is a consuming fire: is this fire literal or figurtive? Yes or no. I’ll give you a hint, God consumes evil thoughts, wicked action, and sinful desires when they find their way into the minds of believers. This fire is one that each one Kindles, the fuel and food is each one’s sins.

God bless I’m praying for you.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account