The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Anthony and T8….To say Jesus was born as a massiah, is the same as saying he was a preexisting God or some other kind of deity, angel or whatever…

Not so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Men do not exist before they are conceived do they?

A man like us in all ways except sin.

Go beyond literalism.

listen to the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The carnal mind cannot grasp the things of God. It rationalizes everything that is written about him. Jesus is unique, one of a kind, the prototype.

To believe in the true Jesus, one must believe the following.

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me;

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.‘ “

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

It is interesting watching these all being rationalized away. But you can’t help but think why you would do that. Then it dawns on you. Because you have a doctrine that you believe first and all else must adhere to it no matter how difficult it is to fit it into the dogma. This is nothing special. False teachings and false doctrines are a dime a dozen these days. Whereas, scripture speaks for itself and is a special gift to us from God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Did you hear the Spirit speaking through the mouth of God’s servant Jesus the Anointed one?

It is the key to unlocking your confusion.

Jn 3.34

For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God..

Proclaimer
    Participant

Did you hear a spirit that gave you an opposite meaning to the scriptures I quoted? Or is it the protection of a pet doctrine that makes a person deny all these verses.

Scripture is inspired by God. Believe it or not. You have free will.

Proclaimer
    Participant

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Boom! Game over Nick. Might as well join the knitting forum.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

And did you hear the voice of God speaking in His Son yet?

John 2.19

Jesus answered

’Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up’

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

‘Before Abraham I am.’

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

The Father spoke through Jesus Christ.

He can speak through us too.

Matt 10.19

But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say;

for it will be given to you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you

who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Surely you know these things?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Indeed the Son Is the image of the invisible God.

It should happen too in the same way with his brothers.

2cor 3.16

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,

are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory,

just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

An anointed man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You think a man came from heaven?

It was the Spirit in him speaking.

The Spirit came from heaven.

Flesh contributes nothing.

Proclaimer
    Participant

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me;

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

You think a man came from heaven?

It was the Spirit in him speaking.

The Spirit came from heaven.

Flesh contributes nothing.

There you are again saying Jesus is not the Christ. If Jesus is the mere flesh which you seem to imply, then how can the flesh be Christ? So Jesus is not the Christ according to your own doctrine. It seems you need to take a break and think upon this matter.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi 👋 .                                        Acts 8: 26-39

26 But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends  from Jerusalem to Gaza.” ([a]This is a desert road.)27 So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and he was returning and sitting in his [b]chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this [c]chariot.” 30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:

He was led as a sheep to slaughter;
    And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
    So He does not open His mouth.
    33 In humiliation His judgment was taken away;
    Who will [d]relate His[e]generation?
    For His life is removed from the earth.”

34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 37 [[f]And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”] 38 And he ordered the [g]chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, [h]but went on his way rejoicing

We have the  story of the Ethiopian eunuch, apparently a convert to Judaism, who was greatly stirred and puzzled by the reading of Isaiah 53. When he met Philip, the disciple of the Lord Jesus, he anxiously inquired: “‘…I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? Of himself, or of some other man?’ Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus”, with the result that the Ethiopian made the confession, “…I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God” (Acts 8:34-35,37). Note: He didn’t say Son of David.

God bless.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..what Nick Is telling you is apsolutely right. If you can’t understand that you arn’t even close to understanding the truth. YOU BELIEVE CHRIST MEANS THE MAN JESUS, THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG, CHRIST IS THE “ANOINTING” SPIRIT OF GOD, Which came on the “Man” Jesus after his baptizem at the Jordan river.

Nick, Jodi, and I have plainly shown you that over and over, Jesus was not ANOINTED at berth as you falsely assume, Your doctrine of a preexisting JESUS, not comming into his “existence” as a human being who did not have to be anointed after he became a man is a false teaching. Even simple logic should tell you that, why would he have to be anointed twice?

You must deny the anointing of him at the JORDAN river, if you believe he was already Anointed at berth, so in that case you are a ANTICHRIST concerning him being ANOINTED by the Spirit of God after his batizem at the Jordan river. To deny this by you is a lie.

We on the other hand believe he born, not morphed, into his “existence” as a flesh and blood human being, as scriptures prophesied, so we do not deny him being a real man exactly like us in every way, who had to be baptized and anointed by God with the holy spirit as an adult. You on the other hand deny all of this, and say you are not a ANTICHRIST.

T8, we have done our best to show you the truth and you still stubbornly rejected it. Well at least we can say we have wittnessed it to you, so it on your head.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women….37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Anthony are you really trying to tell me that because the passage in Acts 8 does not call Jesus Christ the son of David, that makes him not the son of David??

If that is in fact what you are trying to prove, you have made God, the prophets, Paul and Jesus ALL LIARS.

Isaiah 53, where the one being spoken of is a MAN, did you just skip that part or choose to totally ignore it?

Isaiah 53:1 Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem…7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth…11 After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied ; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Are you likewise just ignoring the fact that the resurrected Jesus, who is still the Son of Man according to multitudes of scripture receives a portion among the great, among other great humans? Do you just ignore all the prophecies that say the ANOINTED ONE would come from Abraham, Isaac, Jesse, David, the tribe of Judah, that he would come from among the people?

It is not the anointed one existed before and came down to heaven, the anointed one would come from among the people by God anointing with His Spirit and power David’s son.

The seed of David would be the Messiah, first you have the child born of the seed of David THEN you have this Son of Man be ANOINTED with God’s Spirit and power becoming thus the Christ BECAUSE of the anointing (Chrio).

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted*, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

First you have Jesus, the Son of Man, the genealogy of Abraham and David, of whom the prophecies said the Christ would come FROM.

Then you have the Spirit of the Lord descend like a dove on this Son of Man, Jesus of Nazareth who had been born David’s son in Bethlehem according to prophecy, and then we have this Jesus, the Son of Man, declare his anointing, his Christos of the Spirit quoting  from Isaiah 61.

Acts 10: 37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, BEGINNING in Galilee AFTER the baptism that John preached— 38 how God ANOINTED Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God WAS WITH him.

FIRST you have the offspring of Jesse and THEN FROM this human seed, a Son of Man,  you have the Spirit of the LORD rest upon him. Jesus on the day of his birth is spoken of according to him being this seed of Jesse of whom the Spirit of the LORD would one day rest upon. 

Isaiah 11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; …6 And JESSE begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Acts 2: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:…:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus of Nazareth was MADE lord and Christ, when was Jesus of Nazareth sent out into the world as the anointed, being a master over God’s word over God’s powers? We are told that it BEGAN in Galilee that is when people saw the light.

Acts 10 connects with,

Matthew 4: 12 When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee. 13 Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali— 14 to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah: 15 “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles— 16 the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” 17 FROM THAT TIME ON Jesus BEGAN to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

From that time the Chris, the anointed was SENT, Jesus of Nazareth having been BORN of the Holy Spirit when it descended upon him at the river, went out to preach having fulfilled Isaiah as to WHEN the seed of David would be MADE the Christ, would be made God’s Son, where God had promised that He would beget David’s Son on a certain day, “Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”

WHO is God’s Son? He is Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of Man who had been BORN of God’s Spirit at the river.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

WHO poured his life unto death that we must believe in?

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever “believeth in him” should not perish, but have eternal life. ..16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Son of Man must be lifted up, who is also the Son of God, having been BORN of God’s Spirit at the river and was SENT out.

We are to believe in the Son of Man not because he pre-existed as a non flesh son, but because the Son of Man BECAME the Son of God, as God had told David that He would make David’s Son into His own Son. 

The Son of Man is God’s only begotten Son who was lifted up on the cross.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 

Anthony, God did not send down a NON flesh begotten son to be flesh, that is NOT at all what ANY scripture says. We do not believe in the name of Jesus because he pre-existed as an only begotten Son, we believe in him because he was the Son of Man who God begat with His Spirit, and HE  had to be lifted up, and it is in the NAME given to this Son of man that we are to believe in.   As clearly written in John 3 we believe in the Son of Man, and the Son of Man is God’s only begotten Son, not because he pre-existed as a non flesh son, but because God made him into His Son as he had promised David by begetting him, anointing him with His Spirit, making him Born of God.  The Son of God is a perfect man, who was not worthy of death, so God raised this Son of Man from the dead giving him eternal life, and he is still the Son of Man as he says, he is the root and offspring of David.

Psalms 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

God made creation through and for the SON OF MAN, who God would give His works to THIS SON OF MAN to have dominion over, God has put all things under the FEET of this SON OF MAN. This was God’s plan from the beginning before God made the world.

Acts 7: 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

God made the world through and for the SON of MAN who would sit at His right hand and fulfill His will.

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 

Our savior is the Son of Man,  our savior COMES from the SEED of a HUMAN, a promise that God gave David. God raised up a savior through begetting Jesus on a certain day, the day Jesus was Born of the Spirit and God declared this Son of David as His own Son, and then God sent out this Son to perform His will, to cause people to believe in the One True God through him, to become the perfect human and be a perfect sacrifice for us, and then to raise him up and give him a portion among the great, to be the firstborn of many brethren having eternal life being place at God’s right hand returning to earth being our King of kings and Lord of lords. Such will fulfill God’s words when He said to David through Nathan, 

2 Samuel 7: 16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me ; your throne will be established forever.’ ” 17 Nathan reported to David all the words of this entire revelation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Asking the Lord Jesus into your heart is contrary to the salvation God offers men.

We know that God is close to all men as Acts 17 makes plain.

Acts 3.19

Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away,

in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

and that He may send you Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven

must receive until the restoration of all things about which God spoke

by the mouths of the holy prophets from ancient time.

Beware of ANOTHER JESUS being preached.

2cor 11.4

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus was born the messiah. There is another Jesus who is preached by some who was not the Christ. It appears that this Jesus was a flesh body of some kind.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account