The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Me: The Word was called God and is God. The Word is the spiritual image of God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us…

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Me: The Word was made one with the flesh of the seed of David. The human mind, heart, and body of the Messiah grew in its bond with the Word.

John 1:14…(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Me: The humanity of the Messiah grew in its bond with the Word of God and became one.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and TRUE, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war…13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in BLOOD: and his name is called The Word of God.

Me: The Messiah was fully the son of God by his resurrection and ascension into heaven where he was glorified with his Father. Thus the image of the TRUE God is now both in spirit and body. For God, who is spirit gave himself a body in the image of himself.

1 Cor 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Proclaimer
    Participant

John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying,

“This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.‘ “

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the SON OF GOD.

Me: Notice, the Messiah was called the son of God before he was baptized by John the Baptist. He was also called Jesus the Christ before Jordon.

https://biblehub.com/greek/2424.htm

Definition of Jesus in Mark 1:1
    2424 Iēsoús – Jesus, the transliteration of the Hebrew term, 3091 /Lṓt (“Yehoshua”/Jehoshua, contracted to “Joshua”) which means “Yahweh saves” (or “Yahweh is salvation”).

Definition of Christ in Mark 1:1
    the Anointed One, Messiah, Christ
    Usage: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ.

New American Standard Bible
    1 John 2:22 Who is the LIAR but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 2 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Me: Jesus Christ Master and Lord before he was Baptized. So to recap, Jesus Christ which means Yahweh the anointed was in effect called the son of God and Lord before he was baptized.

New American Standard Bible
    Matt 1:23 “BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.”

Me: Jesus Christ was called God or the son of God (Mark 1:1 above) at birth.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Me: Did Christ need to repent? Had he sinned? NO!!!! Did he need to be baptized in his own death for the forgiveness of sins?  NO!!! John the Baptist said the Messiah should baptize him, not he baptizes Christ. The Messiah was much more than the Son of Man. He was also the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

The Word is prophetic.

It trips up the literalists.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

1jn 5.6

This is the one that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ;

not with the water only, but with the water and the blood.

It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood;

and all three are in agreement.

Jesus has the eternal testimony.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

YOU:He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

ME: AGREED

But who is the HE?

All things consist in him, in him all things hold together, without him nothing would have been made. Without the Son of Man being made perfect we would not have salvation only death, God would not have made the world if it were not for this Son of Man that He had planned to perfect, that would then sit at His right hand and fulfill His will to bring forth a righteous kingdom.  

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 

Jesus is our savior as it was a promise God gave to David concerning his son.  Jesus is the Son of Man born said to be of the seed of Abraham, Jesse, and David, and he is SAID to be our savior not because he pre-existed but BECAUSE God was fulfilling a promise given to David. Jesus is our savior because he was the Son of Man who God perfected and then sacrificed even though he was not deserving of death. 

Matthew 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,)Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

How is it that he, the Son of Man, has this power, how is it that he is a Master able to forgive sins?

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth:

He, the Son of man, was called to righteousness through the Spirit resting upon him, through being anointed, BORN of the Spirit, he, the Son of Man, now being full of the Spirit and power, he was sent out doing good, being a Master able to forgive sins, because God was in this Son of Man.

FIRST you have the Son of Man, of the seed of Abraham, Jesse, and David, and THEN you have God’s Spirit resting upon him, where God “MAKES HIM”, this SON OF MAN, “quick of understanding”. 

Psalms 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The seed of David is GIVEN the uttermost parts of the earth for his possession,  The resurrected Jesus, being the Son of Man who now sits at God’s right hand, God has placed HIM BEFORE all things, the earth has been GIVEN for him to possess.

HE that is “before all things” is speaking of the Son of Man Jesus who now sits at God’s right hand.

Psalms 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

So there you have it t8, the one who has the supremacy, the dominion over the works of God’s hands is a MAN.

First you have the Son of Man, then you have this Son of Man being perfected and bringing eternal life, then you have God crowning him with glory and honor, giving HIM dominion over the works of GOD’s HANDS. For this reason this Jesus, the Son of Man, is said to be before all things. From the beginning, before the world was, THIS JESUS was marked out in God’s word as being before all things and having all things consist in HIM.

A NON FLESH god is not before all things given dominion over the works of God’s hands. CLEARLY written God gives dominion to a MAN, the seed of David born of Mary who was named Jesus to be exact, he is before all things having the dominion, BECAUSE God’s Spirit rested upon him and God had brought this  man into being MADE perfect through that Spirit.. This is just as the One True God had planned, the entire reason our One True God had made the world with His hands in the first place. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amazing how the mere mention of these scriptures offends some and causes lengthy lines of reasoning to change the clear meaning.

Proclaimer
    Participant

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Are you the only one who knows the correct meaning of scripture??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Didyou not know the SPIRIT OF CHRIST was before all ages?

Flesh contributes nothing.

All is grace.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You:

Hi T8,
    Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.

Me:
    Act 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Me: I do not recall anywhere in the bible saying that Christ saw corruption.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: The Word is prophetic.
    It trips up the literalists.

Me: Show me where I just tripped up.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You:
    1jn 5:
    6 This is the one that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ;
    not with the water only, but with the water and the blood.
    It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
    7 For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood;
    and all three are in agreement.

Me: You forgot to include:
    1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Me: But added verse 7 that does not belong in the bible but was added later by some Trinitarian. Verse 8 was also added.
    The Textual Problem in 1 John 5:7-8
    https://bible.org/article/textual-problem-1-john-57-8

1 John 5:7-8

1 John 5:7 & 8

Me: 

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly (soul) shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet ____; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Me: The water in 1 John 5:6 symbolizes the holy spirit with the humanity of Christ in it, that is the “blood and the water”. The full accomplishment of this occurred after the Messiah was resurrected from the dead. This is shown in John 7:39.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in BLOOD and his name is called The Word of God.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

FACT Jesus went to John to BE baptized, and he WAS baptized. John told Jesus he had no need, and Jesus insisted as he said it was necessary to fulfill all righteousness. 

13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

WHO is God’s beloved Son? Jesus who had just been baptized having God’s Spirit descend upon him. Jesus the Son of Man IS he who is CALLED God’s beloved Son, NOT because he pre-existed, but because God had just anointed him with the fullness of His Spirit. God’s beloved Son was going to be David’s son who God had said He would beget, He would beget him with the fullness of His Spirit.

What does it mean that the Spirit descended upon him?

We are told,

1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Jesus is now FULL of the Holy Spirit.

After returning from the wilderness it is said,

14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

What does Jesus call himself being full of the Spirit? He says that he has been ANOINTED and SENT. 

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying*, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

John bares RECORD that the Spirit descended upon and remained upon Jesus, John bares record that THIS is the Son of God. The Son of God according to the RECORD John bares, is NOT said to be a pre-existing Son made into a human, it is a human who had just been born of God’s Spirit. 

Jesus NOW being FULL of the Holy Spirit has been BORN of the Spirit, it REMAINS on him, THIS is the Son of God, the Son of Man of the seed of David who God had promised He would be a Father to. How did God take David’s Son and make him into His own Son? Not by bringing down an already existing son and turning him into a human of flesh and blood. God had His Spirit descend like a dove and remain upon Jesus, making him BORN of God, making Jesus God’s Only begotten Son.

Jesus is CALLED the only begotten Son,

NOT because he once was a non human without flesh,

but because he had been ANOINTED with God’s Spirit, that anointing of the Spirit with it remaining on him, is the same as saying Jesus had been BORN of God, being BORN of his Spirit, the same as having been begotten by God, becoming God’s only human Son having the fullness of His Spirit.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jude 1:25 to the only wise God our Saviour, [is] glory and greatness, power and authority, both now and to all the ages! Amen.

Interesting how some verses don’t have Jesus in the passage, not YLT nor KJ and you don’t see it when you click to view the interlinear. Regardless it is absolutely true anyway according to several passages that God saved us through the Son of Man Jesus, of whom He had beget with His Spirit, just as He had PROMISED David that He would do to his son.

Acts 13:22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’ 23 “From this man’s descendants GOD has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

Through the One and Only True God making a MAN perfect we have salvation, all was accomplished through God, HIS PLAN by His Wisdom through His Spirit, we are saved by the Son of Man becoming our source of eternal salvation. 

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

Who are we to believe in in order to receive the salvation, because of God’s work in him?

John 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

My master who I obey because God MADE him a Master and the anointed one of the Spirit, in fulness, is the Son of Man, he is the seed of David made into an eternal King.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath MADE that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

His body did not see corruption.

It was raised damaged and bloodless but not corrupted.

Just like Jonah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Your Private interpretations of Holy Scripture are valid?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account