The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi T8

https://biblehub.com/lexicon/luke/2-11.htm

Luke 2:11 Lexicon: for today in the city of David there has been born for you a savior (4990: a savior, a deliverer) who is Christ (5447: the Anointed One, Messiah, Christ) the Lord (2962:lord, master).

Me: Yip, Christ was the anointed before his birth, not at Jordan.  No place in scripture does it say he was anointed at Jordon. How can John the Baptist have the spirit of God at birth and not the Messiah?  How can the Messiah have the spirit of the world which causes sin?   He had the holy spirit at birth.  He was called the holy child and son of God for  reason.

https://biblehub.com/lexicon/luke/1-35.htm

Matt 2:11 And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh...22 saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Yes God can take the talent and give it to another.

We can quench the Spirit such that God cannot use us.

Jesus Christ did not fail or ever disappoint his Father God.

His anointing never ever left him but abided in him and raised him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Find it written.

Carnal logic is useless in understanding spiritual matters.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You:

Find it written.
    Carnal logic is useless in understanding spiritual matters.

Me:

1 Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Cor 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Dan 12:2 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This may or may not help Nick:

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”

Pray that you can read this verse.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi TC

That was a excellent post on page 81, keep the good work up, may God bless you and lead you on. Listen to him need he’s telling you the truth

God bless TC 🙏

Anthony
    Participant

This may help Nick

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”

God bless                              I’m praying for you. There power in prayer.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Anthony…..Nick , Jodi, nor me, has never denied that Jesus was “BORN TO BE”, the “ANOINTED” SAVIOR of the world. Prophecy  clearly tells us that. But to deny he was not ANOINTED AT THE JORDAN, RIVER is a big lie, as well as saying he prexisted his berth on this earth.

Also to deny he came from the loins of king David , is calling Jesus himself a liar, because HE CLEARLY SAID, “I AM THE ROOT AND OFFSPRING OF DAVID” , as well as in Acts 2:30 also , So to say Jesus prexisted king David would be a LIE.  TO WORSHIP HIM “AS A GOD” , is also a  lie.  But the prophesy of Paul must be fulfilled  in,   2Ths2.   And it has taken place, the man Jesus has been turned into a preexisting GOD, by all those false preacher. This false “IMAGE” or “LIE” created by fallen christanity about Jesus,  will continue until Jesus Himself  shall come and “ABOLISH” the “LIE”, about him, by his very own mouth, Just as it says.

Until then, the work of Satan will be preached by his servants, in all christanity as it is this day, even here.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning t8 and Anthony,

Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid*. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, WHICH SHALL BE to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

The angel says he BRINGS to them good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people FOR unto you is born this day of the city of David a Savior.

HOW did the angel bring them good tidings?? Through his words revealing WHO the infant was, he was the seed of David and Abraham according to PROPHECY. The prophecy is not of an already existing anointed master coming to earth as an infant, but the infant is the child of the prophecy who would become the man anointed and sent out giving the ability to be a righteous judge having the Spirit of wisdom and understanding upon him. 

YOU HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM t8 and Anthony, because what you are saying makes God’s prophecies FALSE.

Prophecy GIVES us the specifics as to how the anointed would come, you don’t speak according to it, you speak against it. 

You don’t even hold truth to what the word Christ means. The anointing comes from God down from heaven and enters the body of Jesus, the Spirit of God comes down and enters Jesus. This is his anointing making him rightly called Jesus anointed Christos translated as Christ. 

Isaiah speaks of the anointing, the MAKING of the Messiah, the Christos who would be a master judging all people.  We are directly told in Acts that God MAKES David’s son both master and anointed.  David does not call his son his own master because he pre-existed as a master, but because he is firstborn of the dead, because he is the Son of Man God said He would give all the works of His hands to, giving him dominion overall. 

This prophecy of a master you don’t apply to the angel’s words when he spoke giving good tidings to the people concerning the infant. You want to say the infant was already a master, IGNORING God’s word where God was going to make David’s son into a master, you say a master already existed and became an infant. God doesn’t make the Son of Man a master by sending down an already existing anointed master and making this already anointed master into flesh according to prophecy. Such is a direct LIE against prophecy. God GIVES His Spirit to the Son of Man. You are taking away the glory of the One True God’s work in a Son of Man. The glory we are directly told that God said in Isaiah he would not GIVE to any other. That glory is an anointing of God’s Spirit upon a man making him thus the Christos and our master. 

You say that an already existing anointed master comes down to earth and becomes an infant. No prophecy speaks of such, prophecy tells you directly but you ignore it. 

Prophecy tells us that the root of Jesse is ANOINTED with God’s Spirit and he is sent out. A man becomes born with the full measure and power of God’s Spirit, with that measure and power he is a master over the people, and having been raised from the dead with eternal life being given dominion over all of God’s works he is our eternal master.

David called his own son his lord, NOT because he pre-existed as a master, but because he was raised from the dead as firstborn JUST as God had PROMISED David he would. Being firstborn of the dead he is made King of kings and Lord of lords over all the earth, over David’s throne.  

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Jesus is not called God’s Son ever because he pre-existed as God’s Son, God declared him His Son after the Spirit descended upon Jesus making him born of God’s Spirit. Exactly why we are told that after this Son was sent out the people said concerning him “and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”

HERE is your grace and truth, Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted*, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 

Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Acts 13: 22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’ 23 “From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

John 1: 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Colossians, 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.”

The firstborn is the Son of Man who God gave dominion to over all creation, putting all things under his feet. VERSE 15 is not speaking of a pre-existing son, it is speaking of the Son of verse 13, the beloved Son God declared upon the anointing at the river, made perfect who brought us redemption transferring us into his kingdom. KNOWING and believing in prophecy TELLS you that, it makes it OBVIOUS. Changing it makes the prophecies into lies. 

The PEOPLE DID not behold the glory of a pre-existing son who existed as a non flesh being known as God’s only begotten Son, who emptied himself and came to earth and started out as an infant. They beheld the glory of Jesse’s seed, Jesus of Nazareth who had the Spirit of God descend upon him making him born of God’s Spirit, and God’s only begotten Son. The people beheld the glory of Isaiah’s prophecies fulfilled.

When Jesus goes into the wilderness just after the Spirit descended upon him, the adversary doesn’t ask him to prove that he is the Son of God by having him tell him of his former life as a non flesh Son of God, he wants him to prove he is God’s Son by having him use the powers of God that God gave him at the river.

God sends his Only begotten Son into the world and the first thing to occur is for this Son to be tested and overcome temptation, NOT the first thing is he comes out of a womb as an infant ready to suck on his mom’s breast and then soil himself.

You deny who the begotten Son of God is, to you it’s not according to prophecy regarding David’s son made into God’s Son by God’s Spirit, then being sent and coming to the people in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth, you say it is a NON flesh son not of David’s seed coming to earth transformed into flesh.

The doctrine of pre-existence is so blatantly against prophecy. 

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

If you know what Is Spiritually discerned

why do you rely on logic to say that Jesus was born anointed?

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: If you know what Is Spiritually discerned
    why do you rely on logic to say that Jesus was born anointed?

Me: Why do you rely on your logic to say I rely on logic?

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk (we grow in understanding) , and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Me: verse 10 is an example of inductive logic, i.e. putting things together to form an idea or principle.

1 Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s WISDOM teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; COMPARING ( Isa 28:10 above) spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are SPIRTUALLY DISCERNED.

Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Me: The parts of each biblical verse need to be spiritually discerned and then put together by the wisdom of God in you.

New American Standard Bible
    Col 1:9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom (4678) and understanding,

4678.sophia: skill, wisdom
    Original Word: σοφία, ας, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: sophia
    Phonetic Spelling: (sof-ee’-ah)
    Definition: skill, wisdom
    Usage: wisdom, insight, skill (human or divine), intelligence.

Heb 1:4 But let PATIENCE have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in FAITH, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Me: We always ask God in faith to guide us in wisdom to understand his word.  We then patiently put the passages together.

Emphasis in the parenthesis are mine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Logic is of human wisdom.

It is unrelated to pure divine wisdom.

Asking God for wisdom does not guarantee veracity.

Otherwise infallibility claims would be trumpeted everywhere.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Scripture interprets scripture.

Not men looking at a verse and claiming divine guidance.

2cor 13.1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

We are told that John was blessed with the Holy Spirit in the womb.

Surely you can find ONE VERSE that says the same about Jesus?

Proclaimer
    Participant

If you know what Is Spiritually discerned why do you rely on logic to say that Jesus was born anointed?

Spiritual discernment doesn’t add or subtract from verses. Rather, it is human logic that does that. And while not all logic is faulty, when you have to add in stuff to get your desired outcome, often that leads to much error. I believe this is what we are seeing here.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

See that Nick. Some believe what is written, while you only understand this once it is processed through your own understanding logic filter. But he was born the Christ because it is written. Meanwhile, in reality, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Your logic is that Jesus is flesh and Christ is spirit, and Jesus the flesh and spirit breath swapped out his spirit for the Holy Spirit later on once it was determined he scored straight ‘A’s in the Law test . Now his spirit is gone and God’s Holy Spirit inhabits the shell body. This leads to denying things in scripture such as the verse about Jesus being the Christ at birth. Applying logic is condemned by you but is the very thing you are doing. It appears that you have a do not as I do but as I say philosophy.

Take a look at the verse and when your logic starts to kick in, rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ. Pray fervently, and know that the time is short for all of us.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: Logic is of human wisdom.
    It is unrelated to pure divine wisdom.

Me: So I guess according to you, you can state one liners that are completely illogical to the discussion at hand and call it the wisdom of God.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Me: Who is “us” in Isa 1:18? It is God and those with grievous sins. It is God and those without the spirit of God in them. It is the wisdom of God and the reasoning of men.

2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Me: It is the God of this world, Satan, that has blinded the minds of those that do not see and hear the word of God, even if it is in plain site. We can use our human minds to process the things of the spirit. It is then a spirit mind, but it is still of a human mind. If we follow the devil and flesh, it is a mind of the flesh, but it is still the same human mind.

New American Standard Bible
    Romans 8:5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 2:28 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. God did communicate with Adam and Eve, although they did not have the spirit of God in the Garden.

You: Asking God for wisdom does not guarantee veracity. Otherwise infallibility claims would be trumpeted everywhere.

Me: Not asking God for wisdom guarantees a lack of understanding.

So you can put down something totally irrational and claim it is the wisdom of God? Nick, you have tried this, it doesn’t work.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to ALL men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.

1 Peter 5:5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Me: Ask earnestly in faith and humility.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Scripture interprets scripture.
    Not men looking at a verse and claiming divine guidance.
    2cor 13.1

Me:

I had shown you this:

Isa 28:10-11

You: 2 Cor 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Me: This is addressing credible witnesses.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: We are told that John was blessed with the Holy Spirit in the womb.
    Surely you can find ONE VERSE that says the same about Jesus?

Me: You asked this before and was shown this with much scripture.  Don’t pretend posts later that you never asked and was not given.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

It is a scriptural principle and that verse has 4 or 5 scriptural witnesses throughout the bible.

You have not shown ONE verse that says Jesus was anointed prior to birth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So I guess according to you, you can state one liners that are completely illogical to the discussion at hand and call it the wisdom of God.

Well put. You clearly articulated what we think. From what I have observed, if Nick says it, it is the Spirit and everyone else falls short.

Nick has seriously changed his beliefs over the years too, so he spoke with the spirit then too and even when he changes his teaching he still is led by the spirit. Amazing, the only person in history to achieve such a great feat. Although he never names what this spirit is so we are left to guess.  We have hints though. He denies Jesus was born the Christ for example.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account