The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Heb 2.17

Therefore HE HAD TO BE MADE LIKE HIS BRETHREN IN ALL THINGS, so that he might become a merciful High Priest in things pertaining to God.

Do you believe this?

Does it mean he was just like us or we were all supermen,  the same as him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You acknowledge that the apostles were ordinary men.

They were transformed by the Spirit.

But somehow you think Jesus was different and the Spirit had a different effect on him ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

It is an interesting approach to label other doctrines as foolish

because YOU cannot grasp the work of the Spirit among ordinary men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG, you believing Jesus was a “preexistent” super being, who was some how “morphed” into a flesh man is completely is completely unscriptruial. Not one scripture shows any activity of JESUS OR ANY OTHER BEING WHO BECAME THE FLESH MAN JESUS. YOU are denying that THE CHRISTO’S CAME IN THE FLESH, BECAUSE, YOU SAY HE WAS ALREADY BORN WITH THE ANOINTING, SO THAT MEANS YOU DENY THAT THE CHRISTO’S CAME “INTO” THE FLESH MAN JESUS. THAT IS WHAT A ANTICHRIST IS T8.

You accuse us as alinning with ISLAM, IN SOME Ways WE ARE, as seeing JESUS, as an “ORDINARY”, HUMAN BEING, and a Prophet of God, WE ARE, but there are plenty of other differences between us and ISLAM, like we do not reconize Mohammad as anything, and especially not a true prophet of God, while they do. You grabbing straws to wiggle yourself out of the corner you have created for yourself dosent work. And please don’t infer, I am a Moslem, I AM NOT.

YOUR VIEW OF JESUS, is more in line with the gnostics, because they also a believed Jesus was different then we are, and believe he preexisted his berth on this earth, the same as you do, the “only difference between them and you is that they believed he “preexisteed” as a GOD, you on the other hand believe he preexisted as “some kind” of “super being” or whatver, who was “morphed” into a human fetus or something, you don’t even know what.

JESUS CAME INTO “HIS” “EXISTENCE” EXACTLY as we did, without exception. Through the combinning of DNA, GOD SUPPLIES THE MALE DNA, MARY SUPPLIED THE FEMALE DNA, and what was produced was a “ORDINARY” HUMAN, SON OF GOD, in fact, the “only” human begotten by GOD, THROUGH A HUMAN BERTH PROCESS. NOT ONE OUNCE DIFFERENT THEN ADAM WAS AND WE ARE. SIMPLY A “ORDINARY” HUMAN BEING AND “NOTHING” ELSE.

JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER’S PROTOTYPE FOR ALL HUMANITY TO SEE AND IDENTIFY WITH, BECAUS AS HE IS SO ARE WE IN “EVERY” WAY. Not only does, Kerwin, Nick, and I understand this but so does MARTY. Even though you direct your attacks mostly at me, it is obvious I am not the only one who understands this T8. YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IN THIS, NOT AGAINST US. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The fastest route into deception is to live in fear of deception.

Miia
    Participant

What Nick is not telling you @miia is that he thinks Jesus is an ordinary man, but only became extraordinary once he was baptised at the Jordan.

At least Nick believes that Jesus became more than an ordinary man.

I think that Gene believes Jesus is still an ordinary man. Is that correct Gene?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..Every one born of a women is an ordinary human, WHERE YOU GO FROM THERE IS a different story, but that still does not change you as far as you humanity is concerned. JESUS STILL IDENTIFIED HIMSELF AS A SON OF MAN, around 80 times, Miia, it is very important to see Jesus as a ordinary human being thaT GOD THE FATHER, elevated to his present position, why?, because he is our example, that God gave us of ‘HIS” POWER IN HUMANITY. He brought forth a “ORDINARY HUMAN CHILD” from humanity, HE gave us a human son , like it says, “unto us a son has been given” from humanity, and at the right time he placed his SPIRIT IN HIM, by an ANOINTING PROCESS, AND THE THIS “ORDINARY” HUMAN BEING SON, BECAME THE CHRISTO’S OF GOD.

The only thing that preexisted about Jesus, was the prophesies written in scriptures about him, and those prophesies show him as an OANDINARY human being who was “anointed” as all MESSIAHS WERE IN TIMES BEFORE HIM. They as well as him were all from the human race and were ordinary humans, who GOD THE FATHER ELEVATED TO THE POSITIONS THEY HELD. It was God “IN” THEM PERFOMING HIS MIGHTY WORKS. All the glory of JESUS the CHRISTO’S GOES TO GOD THE FATHER FROM START TO FINISH.

Those who give JESUS the CHRISTO’S the glory of a time past greatness are all decieved and are ineffect “robbing” GOD THE FATHER of glory, by making what JESUS did out to be the wroks of a preexisting super being, morphed into a human body. The do not realize that if that we’re the case, Jesus couldn’t honestly say to us “he that overcomes, “EVEN” AS I HAVE”, because he wouldn’t have been actually “LIKE” we are. Can’t you see he had to be “EXACTLY” AS WE ARE IN “EVERY” WAY IN ORDER TO BE A REAL EXAMPLE FOR US.

I BELIEVE you know in your heart this to be true, don’t let false Religions trip you up. We are IDENTICAL TO OUR BROTHER JESUS IN “EVERY” WAY. HE IS ONE OF US HUMANS AND WE ARE ONE WITH HIM, through the ANOINTING PROCESS OF GOD THE FATHER. WE MUST ALL LEARN NOT TO “SEPERATE” Jesus’ idenity from our own idenity, if you learn this, you will overcome SATAN’S “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION” ,that he and is ministers have fostered on all Christendom.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi everyone in the brigade,

Who does Scripture say will baptize with God’s Holy Spirit?

1. Christ
    2. All born again believers
    3. I don’t know

Please answer 1 or 2
    (remember “I don’t know” is also an acceptable answer)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Should you deliberately offend your brothers?

Christ Jesus is the answer.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

John the PROPHET recognised the Christ even before his baptism and anointing.

He had to submit to baptism for the sake of righteousness and then was found to be clean and thus fit to be filled with the Spirit

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

The Writings states Jesus did not immerse anyone. (John 4:2) Instead it is believers who immersed others believers by the authority invested in them by King Jesus the Anointed. God sends the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name (John 14:26) to fulfill the promise made beforehand to those whom obey the command the believe and be immersed in his name. It is the receiving of the Spirit that is called immerse in the Holy Spirit by John the Immerser.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

I assume you have the ability to figure what my answer is by what I wrote above. My short answer is a more informative that just saying 1) Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You introduce some good points in the post that mentions Heb 2.17 and the following post.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

You see Kerwin, He was born the messiah, the Lord, the son of God. The angel testified to it, so there is no way that a person who takes God seriously is going to disagree with the words of a holy angel who delivered a message on behalf of God himself.

These words of Jeremiah are the evidence you choose to deny and I cannot do anything to change such unbelieve by wait and hope fort he best.

Jeremiah 1:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
    and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,
    and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Do you believe Jeremiah preexisted his being formed in his mother and so exited be known by God?

or

Do you believe God knew him before he came into existence?

Jesus was the one foreknown to be the Christ and who is now the Christ in actuality as well as foreknowledge.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

I am looking into this issue.

Psalm 2:6-7American Standard Version (ASV)

Yet I have set my king
    Upon my holy hill of Zion.
    I will tell of the decree:
    Jehovah said unto me, Thou art my son;
    This day have I begotten thee.

I ask you what day is “this day”?

Is it not the day that God sets his king upon his holy hill of Zion?

Nick believes it is when God stated “Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.”

Here is one like it.

2 Samuel 7:14American Standard Version (ASV)

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;

I favor the one from 1 Chronicles as the one being quoted by Hebrews 1:5 but context is not always important to a passage quoted in Scripture. Application is more important and both apply to Jesus if context is not considered.

1 Chronicles 17:13American Standard Version (ASV)

13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my lovingkindness away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee;

In all these passage God is speaking of the future.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Gene,

He brought forth a “ORDINARY HUMAN CHILD” from humanity,

We are not all born of a virgin. We are not the Second Adam.

Jesus couldn’t honestly say to us “he that overcomes, “EVEN” AS I HAVE”, because he wouldn’t have been actually “LIKE” we are. Can’t you see he had to be “EXACTLY” AS WE ARE IN “EVERY” WAY IN ORDER TO BE A REAL EXAMPLE FOR US.

Not necessarily. He could have called up legions of angels to help him, (but did not, because otherwise scripture would not be fulfilled). Can we say that?

We are IDENTICAL TO OUR BROTHER JESUS IN “EVERY” WAY. HE IS ONE OF US HUMANS AND WE ARE ONE WITH HIM, through the ANOINTING PROCESS OF GOD THE FATHER. WE MUST ALL LEARN NOT TO “SEPERATE” Jesus’ idenity from our own idenity

Jesus is not just our Brother, but also our Lord, Messiah, Savior, King, Mediator, Shepherd, High Priest, Word, Teacher and more. He WAS different than us, because he was the only sinless person, and had the Spirit Without measure. How then can you say he was Exactly like us in every way? And how can you ask him anything if he is still just a man?

Gene, do you believe that Jesus is STILL just a man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

As James explains the enemy is within.

Jesus overcame.

How could legions of angels help in this inner battle?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Heb 2.17
    Therefore HE HAD TO BE MADE LIKE HIS BRETHREN IN ALL THINGS, so that he might become a merciful High Priest in things pertaining to God.
    Do you believe this?
    Does it mean he was just like us or we were all supermen, the same as him?

What it means is he was made like us at the expense of what he already had. He emptied himself and became like us. He essentially swapped his nature, so we could participate in divine nature. He did this because the first Adam failed us, so he became the second or final adam for our sake. It doesn’t mean that he was created and existed for the first time as an ordinary man. That is not written, but is rather an old false doctrine.

You need to look at all the verses about Jesus to get the true context and full story.

Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

And who was made like his brethren in all things? The one who existed in the form of God or with divine nature. He emptied himself.

So the extraordinary thing is the fact that he humbled himself to became like us in order to save us ordinary people. But this was for a period of time only. He is now back in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

I know you reject these scriptures along with Jesus being born the messiah, but that is your choice. I only point out these scriptures for the benefit of the readers. I don’t think you are benefiting from them at all. But the truth of the matter is written down for us and repeated here in red.

“Jesus Christ came in the flesh.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

We are IDENTICAL TO OUR BROTHER JESUS IN “EVERY” WAY. HE IS ONE OF US HUMANS AND WE ARE ONE WITH HIM,

Have you not read what John wrote:

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

We are not like him yet according to John, but we will be like him when he APPEARS.

Jesus was sent into the world by the Father. Although he existed in the form of God, he emptied himself and came as one of us. He did this so we could be one of him. For this he calls us brethren. He is now in the glory that he had with God before the world began.

I know you do not believe these scriptures, but that is your choice. Not all believe the truth, but he have the choice to believe what has been passed down to us in scripture.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

We are not like him yet according to John, but we will be like him when he APPEARS.

I am currently I am in my mortal body and he is in his immortal body. I have no knowledge of living in an immortal body nor will I have until I do so.

He was given a mortal body but it perished and his immortal body shot up to life from the where he was planted.

I believe the words you are addressing referred to him in his mortal body. I am not sure if it makes any difference which body he was in at the time spoken of by that passage.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account