The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Did you NOT direct this passage at ME??

37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

YES YOU DID!! Such is EXACTLY WHY I said, “and according to you I do that because I just want to be deceptive”

My apologize I should have said, “and according to you I do that because I am from the evil one.

As you used this quote from Jesus falsely, as it is about not swearing on your word, your accusation was ALL about what it means when someone doesn’t give a simple yes or no to an answer, and your accusation was that I am from evil, which would EQUATE to I am being deceptive by giving a long answer.  

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

You from pages ago had said:

How was everything created through Jesus?
    ”By means of” Jesus doing what exactly?

JESUS didn’t do anything in regards to creating heaven and earth, that is the point, God created it through Jesus.

Ed J, this is rather simple, as myself and Gene are using the word according to it’s common use in language. 

I find it very hard to believe that you are fully ignorant of the word “through” and it’s common use.

Example like I gave you before,

A father builds a nursery before his child is born, he buys a bigger car before his child is born, he creates a rocking chair before his child is born, he did ALL THOSE things THROUGH or BECAUSE OF his coming child, he would not have built the nursery if it were not for his coming child. 

God created heaven and earth through (BECAUSE OF), and for the son of David who God would make into His own Son and as well make him His firstborn Son of many brethren. 

Acts 13:32 “We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors 33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “ ‘You are my son; TODAY I have BECOME your father.’ 34 God raised him from the dead so that he will never be subject to decay. As God has said, “ ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings PROMISED to David.’

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And DECLARED to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

LISTEN carefully Ed J, as God SAID, “I will GIVE YOU the holy and sure blessings PROMISED to David”. 

JESUS is raised from the dead to receive blessings God promised given to David. I hope that is not too convoluted for you. 

Jesus is crowned with glory given the throne of his father David, such was the END that God established before HE created heaven and earth, and He created heaven and earth through his determined purpose to bring forth that END, so it can RIGHTFULLY be said that He created all things through (BECAUSE OF) and for the firstborn of the dead given eternal life to sit on David’s throne and have dominion over the work of God’s hands. 

which is EXACTLY why David prophesied that the SON OF MAN would be GIVEN dominion over all the works of God’s hands in Psalm 8. 

carmel
    Participant

JESUS is not a Son of God because he pre-existed as such, Jesus is the Son of God because he is the son of David 

Jodi first and foremost Jesus is THE Son of God, then A son of David.

Thus He was THE Son of God ETERNALLY since God is eternal not because He was A Son of David.

David was made by “THE WORD” Jesus to be, the Son of Man to be. ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM…

God sent His son, “THE WORD” MADE FLESH into the world! Pre-existed.

John8:23 And he said to them: You are from beneath: I am from above. You are of this world: I am not of this world. 24Therefore I said to you that you shall die in your sins.( plural, as humans) For if you believe not that I am he, ( “THE WORD” of God in your heart)you shall die in your sin. ( SINGULAR, the sin of the rebel)25They said therefore to him: Who art thou? Jesus said to them: The beginning, who also speak unto you. ( at that moment in time in their heart as well)

Jodi: JESUS IS THE BEGINNING!

John8:37 I know that you are the children of Abraham: but you seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. ( in your heart)

The Fact that He called himself  THE TRUTH. He cannot be THE TRUTH, and at the same time NOT pre-existed.

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil: How on earth Jesus knew that they were

DEVILS in human bodies?

and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning:

(How on earth did Jesus know that Satan was a murderer from the beginning and a liar? OBVIOUS because He pre-existed precisely in Satan’s heart, LIGHT SHINES IN DARKNESS, and never HEARD “THE WORD” Jesus to be, his eternal life source, SINCE ALL BY HIM, talking in his heart, )

and he stood not in the truth, (JESUS TO BE)because truth (JESUS) is not in him…..

IS Jesus the truth, in you Jodi?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

The scriptures speak against you and you are are getting many passages wrong besides the ones you are ignoring.

I notice that you did not respond to the 2 key passages I gave where Paul tells us that FIRST you have the seed of David and then you have him being a Son of God according to God’s Spirit, Paul mentions that such was a prophecy. He also tells us in Ephesians the other verse I gave you that Jesus is a Son of God BECAUSE he is a perfect man, which is the full measure of an anointing by God’s Spirit.

GOD never promised to send an already existing Son, He promised to make David’s seed into His own Son through begetting him of His Spirit. Jesus is raised from the dead BECAUSE he is to receive the PROMISE that was given to David by God. He doesn’t go back to what he was before, he is MADE the firstborn of the dead, of which God also promised to David.

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Acts 13:32 “We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors 33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “ ‘You are my son; TODAY I have BECOME your father.’ 34 God raised him from the dead so that he will never be subject to decay. As God has said, “ ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings PROMISED to David.’

Psalm 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. 27 Also I will MAKE him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

Isaiah 42 speaks of a human servant, elected out of the people who God places His Spirit upon and calls to righteousness where God will hold his hand and keep him for a covenant for the people a light for the Gentiles.

Carmel

John 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith,Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them,Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them,Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

I am going to GIVE understanding of the above scripture through other scriptures, not through FOREIGN language from a doctrine as you gave Carmel.

WHAT did John say prior in verse 6,

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

He sealed him to be made perfect as a Son of Man, which is to be our unity of faith!!

Hebrew 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Carmel your gospel and God’s Gospel are VERY different.

VERSE 25 of John 8 you are WAY OFF,

Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning

THIS is what Jesus said FROM the beginning, from the time that he was SENT, and what he said showed that he was the one fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecies.

Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Carmel did you ever wonder why Mark starts the Gospel WITH the baptism of Jesus when the Spirit descended upon him?

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

That is because the GOOD NEWS has everything to do with God anointing Jesus with His Spirit at the river Jordan, it is the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecies written in chapter 11, 42, and 61. Such is WHEN Jesus was begotten of God’s Spirit, called into righteousness to be a covenant to save all nations as God had promised He would do through the SEED of Abraham. At that moment of the Spirit descending upon Jesus, God DECLARES “THIS is my Son”. Could it really be more obvious.

Shortly AFTER this is when Jesus quotes Isaiah and says that he has been SENT, SENT to preach God’s Word, of which IS NOT HIS OWN word. What Jesus was telling the folks in John 8 of who he was, is according to who he said he was in Luke 4, as that was the beginning of him declaring who he was, the one that God put his Spirit upon of which Jesus called an anointing, which is CHRIO, making him the CHRISTOS. 

YOU:The Fact that He called himself THE TRUTH. He cannot be THE TRUTH, and at the same time NOT pre-existed.

ME: Do you just fully deny the prophet Isaiah and God’s word that he spoke or what Carmel?? Likewise you obviously have a problem with Jesus’s own words.

Jesus said that he did NOTHING of himself, the truth that was in him was because, John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.  (RECALL Luke 4 and what Jesus said about his anointing and being sent, preaching God’s word)

Also Jesus said, “Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God”

You: JOHN 8:44 YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL: HOW ON EARTH JESUS KNEW THAT THEY WERE

ME: Uh did you forget that God anointed Jesus with His Spirit, from Isaiah’s words he was filled with the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding, and everything he said was not of his OWN but of the Father speaking through him? 

Carmel you say stuff as if you are completely oblivious to key passages, what gives?

Carmel,

Jesus is the truth because he has been born of God’s Spirit, just as He promised to David’s son. With that Spirit God speaks through him, and with that Spirit in him Jesus was able to deny all temptation of the flesh, remaining without sin, being made perfect through a last testing of faith unto his death. Jesus is the Son of Man that sits at God’s right hand who God gave authority over to judge me. He is able to judge me because he is my brother, he had been tempted as I am tempted, he knows what it is like to have a carnal mind desiring to serve the flesh instead of God. He overcame the bondage, the fear of death, that for all men keeps them in bondage. His faith out weighted his fears, we read this by Jesus’s own words when he asked God to “take this cup” from him, but he said not as I will but as you will. God’s will however was for him to die and Jesus accepted that as he had perfect faith and love for us. When he was raised from the dead he was FREED from that bondage, and if there is one thing I know for sure is that Jesus is anxious to FREE his brothers and sisters from that same bondage. That freedom is always on my mind, so I say, Praise be it to my God and Jesus’s God that through Jesus I know I will be set free!!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

No

Ed J
    Participant

You’re ranting again Gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YES YOU DID!! Such is EXACTLY WHY I said, “and according to you I do that because I just want to be deceptive”

Bearing false witness is a sin

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

You from pages ago had said:

How was everything created through Jesus?
    ”By means of” Jesus doing what exactly?

JESUS didn’t do anything in regards to creating heaven and earth, that is the point, God created it through Jesus.

I agree

Proclaimer
    Participant

People do it because they don’t want to be completely honest. Saying yes or no means there is nowhere to hide if they are wrong because there is no room for doubt. They prefer long winded answers because it affords many opportunities to weasel out of an argument and opens up many ways to dodge the truth and to avoid answering questions that expose. Many cannot handle this much light.

Let you yes be yes and no be no. If you cannot handle it, then you are not fully in the light.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

Yes I agree with T8 and Edj, that your post are way to long. If you could  make them a little shorter be great. I don’t have time to check out all of your post, sometimes I don’t even read them, I also have my own studies going on, here at home. Well  God bless this was intended to come against you in anyway 🙏

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

This wasn’t intended to come up against you or to hurt in anyway.

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……Jesus was not talking about where he came from, when he said , he was from above and they were from below,  he was talking about what he was saying was from above, and what they were saying was from below.  They spoke words as comming from below “earthly”, Jesus spoke words which were  from above “heavenly”, from God’s spirit given him at the JORDAN RIVER.   

Carmel,  Jesus knew exactly where he came into his existence from, Just as he said, “I am  the “root” and the “offspring” of DAVID,  and the bright and morning (rising) star. 

Read this Acts 17:29-32,   and come back and tell us who is that “man” whom he has ordained, that will Judge the world?

Acts 2:30….Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to “the flesh”, he (God) would raise up Christ to sit on “his” throne. 

Carmel do you preach a “real” flesh , Jesus from the loins of King David,  or a preexisting being, of somekind,  that was put into a human body? , from another existence? You can’t have it both ways, you must view Jesus as a flesh and blood human being exactly like us, or a Deity that did not come into his “only” “existence”  as a “real” human being. Who 30 years after his berth , became ANOINTED with the HOLY SPIRIT OF God, and “then” became the MESSIAH OF GOD.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

carmel
    Participant

Carmel……Jesus was not talking about where he came from, when he said , he was from above and they were from below,  he was talking about what he was saying was from above, and what they were saying was from below.  They spoke words as comming from below “earthly”, Jesus spoke words which were  from above “heavenly”, 

Carmel,  Jesus knew exactly where he came into his existence from, Just as he said, “I am  the “root” and the “offspring” of DAVID,  and the bright and morning (rising) star. 

Gene,

Yes Gene first and foremost, Jesus is not only the root and offspring of David in relation to His BLOOD. But equivalently also

THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR. the ROOT and OFFSPRING OF GOD. remove that word RISING Gene, Jesus ROSE already once and for all.

With every respect, I’m afraid you simply are

CORRUPTING

CLEAR scriptures, READ AGAIN:

John8:23 And he said to them:

You are from beneath: I am from above. You are of this world: I am not of this world.

24 Therefore I said to you that you shall die in your sins

(  SINS plural! Jesus referred to the sins they committed as humans)

For if you believe not that I am he,

In the above, Jesus referred to Himself as “THE WORD” who spoke for no use in their heart since their creation. on their rebel.The fact that he continued and said:

you shall die in your sin.

In the above SIN is singular,  which is a clear reference to TO THE SIN WHEN THEY REBELLED! Which also is a reference to his PRE-EXISTENCE. Then obvious they were more then SURPRISED, hearing Jesus revealing something  by which he made them aware, WHO THEY REALY ARE, He revealed

THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM, The fact that JESUS IS THE TRUTH AND PRE-EXISTED,  which themselves were not aware of, IN THE SAME WAY, we all humans never remember the time when we were part of that rebellion! THEN:

24 They said therefore to him: Who art thou?

Jesus said to them: THE BEGINNING, who also speak unto you. 

In the above, Jesus MADE IT CLEAR that  He is speaking to them both PHYSICALLY  IN FRONT OF THEM and SPIRITUALLY IN THEIR HEART FOR NO USE. He PRE-EXISTED and declared that He is “THE WORD” by whom God created ALL, as soon as God pronounced His first ever word LET BE THERE LIGHT, and at that moment in time instantly, God emanated His Son, THE LIGHT, or more appropriate as you Gene mentioned:

THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR! Which Jesus manifested on earth on Mount Tabor.by which the entire infinite  existence was illumined with the endless spirits emanated from God;

ALL IN THE SON, The Son of Man TO BE! Hidden and unknown to all the heavenly realms, The fact that John the Baptist declared that JESUS WAS BEFORE HIM, AND HE KNEW HIM NOT!  AS THEIR LIFE SOURCE precisely in their heart,

WHERE HE STILL ETERNALLY IS SUSTAINING ALL, from where God through HIM, “THE WORD” Jesus TO BE, SPOKE and created the heavens and the first-ever world. THE MORNING STAR, attributed to Lucifer, THE LIGHT BRINGER, the first-ever angel ever created and by whom all the ANGELS RELATED TO THE LIGHT CAME TO BE. unfortunately not for long as they became the rebellious angels, US HUMANS, the fact that Jesus called us

YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

John 8:37 I know that you are the children of Abraham: but you seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. (in your heart)

In the above Jesus asserted that His word, AS SPIRIT is not in them IN THEIR HEART. Now in veiu of this read

John6:62 If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

A CLEAR REFERENCE GENE AND JODI  that He pre-existed

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

it is the spirit  THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR, that gives life, the flesh, DAVID OFFSPRING, counts for nothing; 

Again Jesus made it clear that

HIS WORDS ARE SPIRITS AND LIFE.

Yes “THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, AS A SPIRIT, pre-existed ETERNALLY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, as

THE LIFE SOURCE OF ALL IN ALL CREATURES’HEART.

ESPECIALLY in David’s HEART: READ:

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised them up David to be king: to whom giving testimony, he said:

I HAVE FOUND DAVID, THE SON OF JESSE,

A MAN ACCORDING TO MY OWN HEART,

who shall do all my wills.

A man according to my “WORD” Jesus to be, the Son of Man to be, GOD’S HEART!

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J, You from pages ago had said:

HOW? was everything created “through” Jesus?
    By means of” Jesus doing what exactly?

JESUS didn’t do anything in regards to creating heaven and earth,
    that is the point, “God created it through Jesus”.

Hi Jodi, Here is the answer to my question:
    “The means” by which God created the heaven and earth “through” Jesus…
    (Reference) “the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” (Revelation 13:8)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CARMEL…..The reason I said rising star is because I relate Jesus more to our sun, which is A MORNING RISING STAR, given GOD’S, light to the whole earth. But that’s a mute point any way imo.  Rather you believe he is a different star has nothing to do with my point, of him saying  “he “is” the root and offspring  of King David.” 

So you believe Jesus is God’s word himself right? Then what do you do with this scripture, ” the words I am telling you are “not my words”,  but the words of him who sent me.    Seems you have a problem to straighten out. JESUS denies the words he spoke are his, so how could he “himself” be the word of God?  In your belife Jesus was GOD’S WORD , you switch the glory from God to the man Jesus who was speaking God’s words.  In fact you people have never proved how anyones words can be some body else words.  The person and his words are one and the same person, unless he is JUST QUOTING SOMEONE ELSE AS JESUS SAID HE WAS.  Scripture tell us this,  Heb 1:1-2……GOD, who at Sunday times and in divers manners spake in times past unto our father’s by the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, … So who spake unto us? It says “GOD” SPAKE UNTO US, RIGHT?  BUT you change that to say JESUS WAS THE WORD HIMSELF SPEAKING HIS OWN WORDS, NOT SOMEONE ELSE’S WORDS.

Here is a simply question for you,  did Jesus “have to be”  anointed by God, in order to be able to speak God’s words?  

Was the ANOINTING OF JESUS “NESSARY “,   IN ORDER FOR HIM TO BECOME THE MESSIAH OF GOD,  JUST LIKE MOSES HAD TO BE?

YOU preach Jesus as not a real human man,  but a God in a human body,  if that be the case then why would Jesus have to be anointed and recieve the Hol Spirit, if he was already was God?

Botton line to you was Jesus a God or a man, you certanily don’t believe his was a God/man as the pagans Greek and Romans did, do you?

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Ed J
    Participant

CARMEL…..The reason I said rising star is because I relate Jesus more to our sun, which is A MORNING RISING STAR, given GOD’S, light to the whole earth.

Hi Gene,

Are you ‘a morning star’ like you reason Jesus is?
    “Yes” or “No”

carmel
    Participant

Then what do you do with this scripture, ” the words I am telling you are “not my words”,  but the words of him who sent me.    Seems you have a problem to straighten out. JESUS denies the words he spoke are his, so how could he “himself” be the word of God? 

Gene,

It seems quite clear that you didn’t read all my post at all, so here it is again in relation to your confusion permit me to say:

John6:62 If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

A CLEAR REFERENCE GENE AND JODI  that He pre-existed

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing.

The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Jesus in the above declares that

HIS WORDS

are spirit and life, Gene.

Now read Again:

it is the spirit  THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR, that gives life, the flesh, DAVID OFFSPRING, counts for nothing; 

Again Jesus made it clear that

HIS WORDS ARE SPIRITS (PLURAL) AND LIFE.

Yes “THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, AS A SPIRIT, pre-existed ETERNALLY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, as

THE LIFE SOURCE OF ALL IN ALL CREATURES’HEART.

ESPECIALLY in David’s HEART: READ:

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised them up David to be king: to whom giving testimony, he said:

I HAVE FOUND DAVID, THE SON OF JESSE,

A MAN ACCORDING TO MY OWN HEART,

who shall do all my wills.

A man according to my “WORD” Jesus to be, the Son of Man to be, GOD’S HEART!

Now you asked:

YOU preach Jesus as not a real human man,  but a God in a human body,  if that be the case then why would Jesus have to be anointed and receive the Hol Spirit if he already was God?

Now as you can read none of the gospels  hereunder declare CLEARLY that Jesus WAS ANOINTED in the event of the Jordan River.

They all clearly say that the spirit descended in form of a dove, and remained on Him. A CLEAR REFERENCE TO THE DOVE. 

Now immediately after Jesus was baptized the SPIRIT LEFT JESUS, He never remained in Jesus, God can never be tempted, NO? the Fact that the Spirit Himself

SENT JESUS TO THE DESERT, as  AS THE SECOND ADAM,  to be tested. Then after he finished from the test,

HE WAS BACK INTO THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT. well clear in

Luke 4:14And Jesus returned in the power of the spirit, into Galilee: and the fame of him went out through the whole country.

They only assert that the Holy Ghost descended in the form of a dove!

Now, may I ask why did the Holy Ghost descended on Jesus?

Only John CLEARLY  declared why the Holy Ghost descended on Jesus! Read John’s words now:

but that he may be made MANIFEST in Israel,

therefore am I come baptizing with water.

33And I knew him not: but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending and remaining upon him,

he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Isn’t it clear enough in PURE English, that the Holy Ghost descended on Jesus simply to be

A TESTIMONY, PRECISELY IN ISRAEL, THAT JESUS OFFICIALLY  IS THE ONE WHO BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY GHOST. AND

NOT TO ANOINT HIM?

Isn’t it clear enough in PURE English that the Holy Ghost descended on Jesus simply,

TO BE A SIGN WHO JESUS WAS?

and not to anoint Him?

something BY WHICH the Jews would only accept AS THE TRUTH WHO JESUS WAS? 

Throughout the Gospel we read that

THE JEWS ASK FOR A SIGN NO?

Now read Jesus own words in view of the Testimony!

John 5:36 But I have a greater testimony than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me

TO PERFECT, (WHAT DID JESUS PERFECT GENE JODI?)

the works themselves which I do, give testimony of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37And the FATHER HIMSELF who hath sent me

hath given testimony of me: ( ISN’T CLEAR THAT JESUS HERE REFERRED TO THE EVENT AT THE JORDAN RIVER)

neither have you heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 

I already showed scripture that Jesus A MERE BOY OF TWELVE, AT LEAST FOR YOU. already was anointed when He himself I repeat:

A BOY OF TWELVE, in Jewish culture  MATURED ENOUGH, TO BE MARRIED, the fact that at the age of thirteen  MALES would be subject to Moses Law,

PROCLAIMED THAT HE IS ABOUT TO DO HIS FATHER’S BUSINESS! Definitely not Davids! 

But God Almighty’s business! NO?

Now to Luke 4:18

The spirit of the Lord is upon me. Wherefore he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, he hath sent me to heal the contrite of heart,

It does not clearly say that Jesus was anointed on the Jordan river. Jesus simply says  that the spirit of the Lord was upon Him, from

GOD KNOWS WHEN! FROM ETERNITY, and the EVENT at Jordan River was ONLY as a

TESTIMONY  THAT  OFFICIALLY JESUS BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY GHOST,

WHICH WAS IN THE HUMAN JESUS ON HIS CONCEPTION, 

NOT JUST AT THE JORDAN RIVER.

As much as Jesus PHYSICAL WISE had David’s genealogy in relation to His blood in order to be officially declared, and WITHOUT A DOUBT his biological father ON EARTH, He also had to have a kind of PROOF  and OFFICIALLY DECLARED that Jesus, WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT,  in relation to His DIVINITY, was a PURELY descendant OF GOD ,

ON EARTH

well clear in

Luke 3:38 Who was of Henos, who was of Seth, who was of Adam,

who was of God.

Mark1:9 And it came to pass, in those days, Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in Jordan. 10And forthwith coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens open and the Spirit as a dove descending and remaining on him. 11And there came a voice from heaven: Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 3:21 Now it came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also being baptized and praying, heaven was opened. 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape, as a dove, upon him. And a voice came from heaven: Thou art my beloved Son. In thee I am well pleased.

Matthew3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. 14But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me? 15And Jesus answering, said to him: Suffer it to be so now. For so it becometh us to fulfil all justice. Then he suffered him. 16And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. 17And behold a voice from heaven saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John1:31 And I knew him not: but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John gave testimony, saying: I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven; and he remained upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw: and I gave testimony that this is the Son of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..scriptures clearly say, Jesus was anointed with the holy spirit at the Jordan river. It came down and remained on him there, no where else does it even hint any difference. All your long walk to get around this simple truth only shows you do not accept the truth.

Jesus said clearly of himself could do nothing of himself,  hardly the words of a God right? you still haven’t even said if you believe Jesus said “the words I am telling you are “not mine”.. you go on this lone road around this simple truth, to make Jesus Out to be a liar.

You even twist this up by quoting JESUS SAYING ,the words I am telling you are spirit and life, trying to make it out like those words were Jesus ‘ own words. But JESUS SAID the words he was telling us were “not his” words.  IN THIS WAY YOU ARE TWISTING SCRIPTURES. You are trying  to make it out like Jesus himself  is claiming  the words as “his own” words. when in fact he was speaking God’s words to us. 

Scripture tell us it was God who spoke to us by a son. Not that the son was the word of God , but spoke “God’s words” to us. God also spoke his words through the prophets and others he has sent in the past also.

Jesus  wouldn’t  even let a person call him good,  “saying why call me good there is non good but one, that is God.”

You are of those who Seperate Jesus from his brothers and sisters, but Jesus never did that, he alway acknowledged he was a “SON of MAN” .  YOU like all “IDOLATERS ” make him out,  a man,  to be a God.

Go read what I have written about 2 Ths 2 explained, and see where you fit in your belifs.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

carmel
    Participant

Carmel…..scriptures clearly say, Jesus was anointed with the holy spirit at the Jordan river.

Gene,

Hereunder again are the four gospels, and there is no such word as  ANOINTED in all four!

It is you, Jodi and all those like you who are twisting the scriptures and concluded that, since the dove descended on Jesus He was anointed.

Mark1:9 And it came to pass, in those days, Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in Jordan. 10And forthwith coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens open and the Spirit as a dove descending and remaining on him. 11And there came a voice from heaven: Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 3:21 Now it came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also being baptized and praying, heaven was opened. 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape, as a dove, upon him. And a voice came from heaven: Thou art my beloved Son. In thee I am well pleased.

Matthew3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. 14But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me? 15And Jesus answering, said to him: Suffer it to be so now. For so it becometh us to fulfil all justice. Then he suffered him. 16And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. 17And behold a voice from heaven saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John1:31 And I knew him not: but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John gave testimony, saying: I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven; and he remained upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw: and I gave testimony that this is the Son of God.

carmel
    Participant

YOU: Scripture tell us it was God who spoke to us by a son.  Not that the son was the word of God ,

Gene,

Please respect scripture: NOT by A son! but

BY HIS SON

Hebrews 1:1 God, who, at sundry times and in divers manners, spoke in times past to the fathers by the prophets, last of all, 2In these days, hath spoken to us by his Son, 

YOU: Not that the son was the word of God,

What on earth are you saying? Read scrpture:

John1: 14 And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us (and we saw his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth. 15John beareth witness of him and crieth out, saying: This was he of whom I spoke: He that shall come after me is preferred before me: because he was before me.( PRE-EXISTED) 16And of his fulness we all have received: and grace for grace. 17For the law was given by Moses: grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten 

SON who is

IN THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER, he hath declared him.

YOU:   IN THIS WAY YOU ARE TWISTING SCRIPTURES. You are trying  to make it out like Jesus himself  is claiming  the words as

“his own” words. when in fact he was speaking

God’s words to us. 

Gene read scripture hereunder and be aware:

John 16:15 …..All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine.

John 17:10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. 

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account