JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 7 posts - 25,661 through 25,667 (of 25,667 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

You

Yes, scripture tells us that man was created in God’s image, what does that mean though? How was man created in the image of God?

me

scriptures

And God said, Let us 👈make man👉 in our image👈, after our likeness:👈

and

let them have DOMINION over👉 the fish of the sea, and over👉 the fowl of the air, and 👉over the cattle, and 👉over all the earth, and 👉over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

👉dominion

radah

a primitive root; to tread down, i.e. subjugate; specifically, to crumble off:–(come to, make to) have dominion, prevail against, reign, (bear, make to) rule,(-r, over), take.

Me

Is there not in the meaning of having dominion over the animal world for Adam an element of the fact that he was created in the image of God and in his likeness?

God would dominate his creation, Yes but through Adam...
    Isn’t there an aspect of the “image of God”?

Thank you for responding on this specific point.

🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

Is there not in the meaning of having dominion over the animal world for Adam an element of the fact that he was created in the image of God and in his likeness?

God would dominate his creation, Yes but through Adam…
    Isn’t there an aspect of the “image of God”?

ME: 

I asked you what does it mean that man was created in the image of God, what image does man have that God has and it seems your answer is his dominion over the earth.

God was never going to dominate/rule anything through the first Adam, God knew full well that Adam and Eve were going to sin and that their punishment would affect all of mankind moving forward.

Before the world even began God knew that there would be One Man whom God would be mindful of. There would be one man He would anoint with His Spirit and call to righteousness to where he would be obedient unto his death and God would raise him from the dead, give him the Promised Spirit and exalt Him to His right hand. We wait for the return of this Son of Man coming in the glory of our heavenly Father, where our heavenly Father will rule all the earth through him because God is in him.

I would say that it is because of the image of God to which man was made, as to why man would ALSO have dominion over all the earth. 

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: AND let THEM have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So what is the image of God to which man was made in likeness of, to where man would also have the ability to have dominion over all the earth?

Let’s first acknowledge the fact that of all the living souls that God had created, ONLY man was said to have been made in God’s image. How is man unlike all the other living souls that God had created but is like God… and does that give reason to then why it is that man would be given the dominion?

Man, unlike all other living souls, has an imagination and he likes to use it to create and invent things and to this fact, we surely were created in the image of God. We can readily see God’s amazing imagination and all that He desired to create.

The context of man being made in the image of God is in comparison between mankind and all other living creatures to that of mankind and God.

The brain of humans has an imagination, God has an imagination. Further, it is the imagination that separates us from all other living creatures in more ways than one, with it, unlike all other creatures, it is what makes us capable of being able to come to know good and evil and thus come to know God and believe in God. We have the ability to come to know that God is the source, His Spirit working in us is the source, the source of wisdom, understanding, knowledge, truth, love, kindness, patience, etc..

Berean, think about this for a moment,

We are given from Ezekiel that the dead shall live where God is going to give man a new heart of flesh and put His Spirit in man and cause man to walk in all of God’s ways.

What else?! When the Son of Man returns in our Father’s glory, having God’s Spirit aboding in him, all the earth will become full of peace, not just humans, but all living creatures. Isaiah tells us that at that time the animals will be made no longer wild, they too will be changed, the lion is going to lay down with the lamb, not devour the lamb and the infant can play by the serpents hole with no fear by the child’s mother.

God’s future kingdom is one of peace, where mankind has dominion overall the earth where with a spiritual mind he uses his imagination to create and invent that which is pleasing to God and pleasing to all living. With that imagination there will be new songs poring out to praise YHVH.

With YHVH nothing is impossible, He can create a kind of living creature that can be made in His image, a living being that has a righteous imagination filled with His Spirit. Though a thousand years is like unto a day to YHVH, regardless, our perfecting takes time, “to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven”.

Jesus is the firstborn overall creation, this is said in the context of Paul speaking directly of the New heaven and earth. He is the Son of Man returning in our Father’s glory, that glory is him in God’s image, that glory is God’s Spirit in him, making him born of God, born of righteousness whereby such he is the man ordained to judge the world. Berean, God made HUMANS in His own image. Jesus is a HUMAN existing in God’s image and it is by his righteous imagination that he is able to praise God.

Berean
    Participant

@Jodi

You

I asked you what does it mean that man was created in the image of God, what image does man have that God has and it seems your answer is his dominion over the earth.

Me

Before sin Adam WAS the king of the earth, the shepherd of paradise.

👇

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    [27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    [28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and👉 replenish the earth, and👉 subdue it: and👉 have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

This IS juste ONE thing OF “in the “image of GOD ” His  caracter .

I’m not inventing anything.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I don’t see any scripture that says that Adam was appointed a king to rule over all of mankind and all living creatures upon the earth, before or after the fall.

The scriptures speaks of man, male and female humans that were to multiply and THEY would have dominion over the fish, over the birds and over all living creatures on earth.

Berean, the text is not written that the image is being defined as dominion, the word “and”, tells you this. Of course it is true to say that both God and man have a dominion, but it is because of another likeness that comes first that then gives way to each’s dominion.

What by our very nature would give us dominion over all other living creatures? Our cognitive abilities obviously! What does our brain have that we know God has? An imagination! Without our imagination there is no capacity to come to know good and evil, there is no capacity for us to invent our own ways, or come to desire God’s ways. We would not have the capacity for God’s Spirit to do it’s work in our spirit to bear fruit to that which is good, that which is righteous and that which is true. God’s Word from the beginning was a PROMISE to inherit His Spirit, to be born of His Spirit, “to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven”.

The imagination makes man in an image to that of God, He has one too. AND it is also because of our imagination that God is able to make us into the image of Him to which was His purpose before we were even created, an image of all goodness and righteousness filled with truth.

But the beginning state of every human is ignorance and coupled with an imagination it creates poison like that of a serpent, it can only produce lies. The superstitions that man has come up with throughout history are all prime examples. There was a tribe in Africa or maybe it was somewhere in South America, anyway, by the imagination of men in this tribe they came to believe that babies whose bottom teeth came in before top teeth were a curse, so each baby born in the tribe whose bottom teeth came in first they drowned in the river.  Their imaginations, their ignorance, caused them to do that which was evil thinking it was good.

This is exactly why we are given the below passages for without God this is who we are,

Genesis 6:5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.

Genesis 8: 21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Jeremiah 9:14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them

Jeremiah 23:26 How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart,

Ezekiel 13:3 Thus says the Lord God: “Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing?

Hosea 10:13 You have plowed wickedness; You have reaped iniquity. You have eaten the fruit of lies, Because you trusted in your own way

Isaiah 65:2 I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, Who walk in a way that is not good, According to their own thoughts

Proverbs 18:2 A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart.

Proverbs 28:26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

There are many more passages that speak to the above and below speak to the fact that we DECIVE OURSELVES.

Jer 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else
    And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

Isaiah 47:10 You felt secure in your wickedness and said, ‘No one sees me,’ Your wisdom and your knowledge, they have deluded you; For you have said in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one besides me.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise.

Gal 6:3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

James 1:26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless.

There are even more scriptures speaking to how it is man that deceives himself.

Here is a truth for you Berean, man is called a serpent when he lies. the poison of a serpent in scripture is directly equated to the lies of man and the lies of man come from his own carnal imagination. Paul tells us directly that “to be carnally minded is death”.  The serpent in Genesis 3 is used appropriately to symbolize the carnal mind of man, it lies bringing forth sin which brought forth the punishment of mortality and death.  The human carnal mind, without God, according to scripture, it is only able to produce lies, create wickedness.

But getting back to my initial point, Adam and Eve and no other mortal man was called to righteousness except Jesus of Nazareth, he was the only begotten of the Spirit, filled with the Spirit not by measure and those who believe know that he is the Son of Man that was exalted to God’s right hand being settled into God’s house for eternity.

Jesus is proof that God’s Spirit does bear the fruit in man to all goodness righteousness and truth and where there is righteousness there is eternal life, why we are told that Jesus is a firstborn of many brethren.

The Spirit of God in Jesus’s spirit does bear witness that he is a Son of God, born of God, born of righteousness. Jesus has an imagination that through the Spirit is caused to walk in all of God’s ways. In this we can readily see why God is able to justify us through the anointed man Jesus, because God knows that He can call us to righteousness as well. This is why His Promise before the world began was the giving of His Spirit. God is able to forgive our sins through Jesus because He knows that all others did not receive the Spirit as Jesus did and it is by the Spirit we are saved, Jesus could do nothing of himself.  We are forgiven in CHRIST -the anointing of the Spirit not by measure. No other mortal man received it but Jesus and then he received it according to PROMISE when he was raised from the dead, this is why God is able to forgive us our sins and raise us from the dead. The end is us being SAVED through the Son of Man returning in our Father’s glory TO GIVE us the PROMISED SPIRIT, God’s WORD from the beginning.

Berean
    Participant

@Jodi

You

I don’t see any scripture that says that Adam was appointed a king to rule over all of mankind and all living creatures upon the earth, before or after the fall.

Me

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:👉 and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.👈
    [27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    [28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them,👉 Be fruitful, and 👉multiply, and👉 replenish the earth, and 👉subdue it: and have dominion 👉over the fish of the sea, and👉 over the fowl of the air, and 👉over everything living thing that moves upon the earth.

replenish the earth, and 👉subdue it:

What does subdue it mean to you?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Subdue- does not equate to God having appointed the man Adam as a king over others and over all creatures great and small, so there’s that!

Scripture does not say that the man Adam was appointed as a king, which is what you said and you also stated you weren’t inventing anything. You cannot provide the scripture that speaks to Adam being a KING because it does not exist and thus you have certainly invented something! 

The scriptures you keep providing are speaking to that of mankind, it says “THEM” as in humans would subdue the earth and have dominion over the fish, over the birds and all other living creatures. 

The only human appointed to be a king overall the earth is Jesus Christ, which God planned before the world even began.

Berean, I don’t even care about this actually, what I care about is how does mankind exist in God’s image? and don’t tell me it’s mankind’s dominion, scripture gives us that as an “AND” not as a because. 

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@proclaimer and all,

Updated info about the workers of iniquity aka freemasons.
    They are trying to move us to commit the blasphemy against the Spirit of the Father and the Son.
    Because the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
    (Mark 3:28-30)
    The solution is simple just accept the whole Bible.

Viewing 7 posts - 25,661 through 25,667 (of 25,667 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account