The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,561 through 1,580 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Are you appointed to assign meanings to the spiritual word?

Are you allowed to make it all up?

Anthony
    Participant

Nick

Do you  know that everything isn’t literal Nick. I think k you should stick to literal Nick for now. First five d yourself to belive that Jesus Christ is more then just a man, it’s impossible to  know Spiritual things  if you don’t know this. Try the spiritis Nick.

God bless

things

Proclaimer
    Participant

Carnal nature cannot grasp the things of the Spirit. It will resort to carnal doctrines like Jesus was only an ordinary man like us only. Disregards spiritual things and only focuses on what’s possible in the flesh or in the physical. No real faith required.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick said: Hi T8,

ME: Jodi, where did I say that these verses are spin. I didn’t and neither do I preach against them. Jesus emptied himself and came in the flesh, so was made for a time a little lower than the angels because coming in the flesh means he partook of human nature meaning he was a man. Saying that we are not saying he was a man is a mistake at best and breaking a commandment at worse by bearing false witness. All things including the universe were made through him and for him so saying that Jesus being born the Christ and emptying himself and coming in flesh doesn’t disregard that God made him to have dominion over the works of his hands or will put all things under his feet. These kinds of rebuttals are ridiculous because they do not in any way deny this truth::

Honestly, is this the best you can do against the scriptures I quote and what I say about them. More proof you have nothing my friend as it is easy to mistype which is the worse case scenario for me. I take that as the best argument against me and the scriptures I quote. That is a victory for me right there.

Now imagine I said Jesus Christ as I usually do and that he emptied himself and came in the flesh and so was for a time made lower than the angels for our sake. And that God made all things through him and for him. Go from there Nick. You have no comeback right, just spin? Boom! This just highlights how little you really have against these scriptures I quote.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
        did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
         rather, he made himself nothing
        by taking the very nature of a servant,
        being made in human likeness.
        And being found in appearance as a man,
        he humbled himself
        by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

Nick, you do not believe that Christ Jesus was born the Christ and that Christ Jesus was made in human likeness. You deny his divine nature and then emptying of himself and taking human nature to live as a man. What you teach is a man called Jesus was born and he ended up with the best CV among men to be the Christ, and was consequently created Christ at the Jordan, then later his spirit returned to God while on Earth he had his own spirit and now only God’s Spirit now inhabits him instead.

This is a very strange gospel. One of the weirdest I have ever heard.

In the search for truth, trying to get off on a technicality is not good enough.

Please address the elephant in the room, your own glaring faults and additions to scripture.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You insult God when you deny His prophecies and His fulfilment of them.

And you deny who His  Son is out of ignorance

Arguing with us is far less dangerous.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Tell us of the DIVINE NATURE of the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Amid all this bluster you are revealing much that is surprising.

It seems you are reverting to polytheism or trinity with the SON having a DIVINE NATURE.

Do you know God and His Son?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Christ Jesus was made in HUMAN LIKENESS?

You do not even know that he is an anointed man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Phil 2.5 f is speaking of the Word, that was with God and was God.

Flesh contributes nothing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

If you do not know that the human spirit given to man is only a temporary source of life,

and that Jesus and his brothers live forever in unity with the Father by the Holy Spirit,

you do not yet know much. Dig deeper and find the water that bubbles up to eternal life.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..scripture says , God made man a little lower then the angels also.  DOES THAT MEAN MAN PREXISTED . Jesus and mankind are all said to be “made” a lititle lower then angels”. So no seperation found in that statement.

Jesus was anointed with the spirit of God , so are all those God the Father has chosen. So no difference there either.

You try so hard to SEPERATE Jesus from his brothers and sisters,  Something Jesus never did. Your Jesus you present is not the Jesus of scriptures.  Jesus said “MANY” would come in his name, saying he was the christ, and decieve many,  have you ever thought that saying Jesus himself is the anointing, is not the same as saying  Jesus is the anointed one.  That anointing spirit is God the Father and He came to be “in” the “man” Jesus .  Just as the man  Jesus said, “know you not that the Father is in me”. You don’t seem to realize that.  You try to turn the man Jesus into a deity of somekind himself, robbing God the Father of Glory.  You still are connected with the belifs of trinitarians , concerning  his preexistence.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Jesus doesn’t have a divine nature of his own

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

We too can now have a share of His Father’s divine nature

He is a human servant of God.

Acts 3.13

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our Fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus..

Acts 3.26

For you first, God raised up His servant and sent him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.

He is the Christ appointed for us, born in Bethlehem and who died in Jerusalem and is alive by the Spirit forever.

Anthony
    Participant

T8  there false prophets and teachers amoong us.

But there were false prophets [a ‘prophet’ can mean one who speaks in behalf of God] also among the people, even as there shall be [future] false teachers among you [and among US], who privily shall bring in [Gk: smuggle in]DAMNABLE HERESIES, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [destructive] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of [Gk: ‘blasphemed’]” (II Pet. 2:1-2).

God bless 🙏

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Jn 3.34

For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure.

Jesus Christ was said to be full of the Spirit after the Jordan.

The Spirit produces good fruit.

The Spirit reveals the nature and powers of our loving God and Jesus Christ is the prime example.

By Himself he could do nothing.

Stop robbing God of the glory He deserves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The god of this world blinds the eyes of his servants.

They cannot see the kingdom and see good as evil.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You insult God when you deny His prophecies and His fulfilment of them.

Like when I do this:

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Tell us of the DIVINE NATURE of the Son of God.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
        did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    rather, he made himself nothing
        by taking the very nature of a servant,
        being made in human likeness.
    And being found in appearance as a man,
        he humbled himself
        by becoming obedient to death—
            even death on a cross!

&

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

If we can share in divine nature, then all the more the son. Clearly we see what form he was in and he emptied himself and took on flesh. He came into the world to save you from your sin Nick. He loves you more than you could know. He paid the ultimate price by dying for us, but even coming here and humbling himself was a cost, but the reward was great.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It seems you are reverting to polytheism or trinity with the SON having a DIVINE NATURE.

More false accusations. It seems part of your nature. You do this day and night. Who is the Father of accusations? Repentance is in order, but that is up to you right?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus doesn’t have a divine nature of his own

Diving nature is God’s nature. A son born of him will partake of God’s nature. That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of spirit is spirit.

He emptied himself and came in the flesh. Now we can have a body like his.

You will deny this with all your fleshly strength, but you will not be strong enough to negate the scripture that God has revealed and you will come off second best which is really the same as last.

Best to give up and surrender to God. That would be the sensible thing to do Nick. But it is your life.

Instead of opposing scripture because you have a predefined doctrine to protect by motivation of pride, why not humble yourself and let scripture build up your understanding. It is a wonderful thing.

…you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amid all this bluster you are revealing much that is surprising.

Yes scripture.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,561 through 1,580 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account