The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Dig4truth
    Participant

Jodi: “Almighty Creator created heaven and earth through and for righteous human beings who would live for an eternity following His will.”

How did God create heaven and earth “through” a human when no human existed? Yep, tight spot!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

There is only one God and Jesus is His Son.

God is the Creator and all creation is by His Spirit.

Believe the words of Jesus Christ ‘By myself I can do nothing.’

‘Flesh contributes nothing’ but the language of God confuses the lost.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Ok Nick, God had a Son, when a eagle has eaglets they are what… Eagles. When a cat has kittens they are what… Cats. When a bear has cubs they are what… Bears. When God has a Son He is what…

Why do you ignore the Scripture that explicitly says that Yeshua created everything, and by everything I mean everything.

Please answer the question as to why you ignore the declarative statement that Yeshua created everything. Why do you not believe the Scripture?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey Nick and Jodi, can you deal with the Scripture that says Yeshua created everything? You both say that He didn’t, but Scripture says He did. In fact you both say that He didn’t exist before He was born. You need to defend your heretical position or just slip away.

If you say that the Spirit or the Father created everything then you are essentially saying that Yeshua is God, if that’s the case then congratulations!

Why do I feel that you won’t address the clear Scripture?

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Dig4truth

They can’t answer you because they would have to change there doctrine that Jesus Christ the Messiah is just a man, like some of of the Gnostic believed you can see this by Google the Gnostic and Adoptionism. A doctrine in the first and second century. They (Jodi ,Gene and Nick) just don’t say that Jesus Christ the Messiah was adopted by God. But ought to believe that, according to there doctrine.   Like the Gnostic belived in there false doctrine that Jesus Christ was Just a man. That’s really all they know about scriptures. They try to re-direct you else where and try to pull a mapojopo with you and try to led you off on other questions of theirs.  Apparently they don’t believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah send by God, the only Begotten Son. God bless good luck with them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

So the sons of God are gods?

Wow.

Polytheism rules!

Dig4truth
    Participant

No Nick, not “sons of God” but “only begotten Son of God”. There are two words you would do well researching the meaning of; “only” and “begotten“.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick                                               Nick just because the Jewish  people believe in one God, does’t mean we have to . For one Nick most are still liunder the law, the old covenant secondly they don’t accept the new covenant and see Jesus Christ as a prophet, just a man. But we have evidence in New Covenant that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and is the only Begotten Son, sent by His Father . Nick Jesus Christ is a God because His Father is. They seem to be a Family and not a Trinity, which we are a part of, after the resurrection in fullness before in part. But I take it, you know nothing about this. Later

Anthony
    Participant

Nick

“He first finds his own brother Simon, and says unto him, ‘We have found the Messias,’ which is, being interpreted, the Christ [Messiah]. And he brought him to Jesus.”

• John 1:41–42

The Samaritan woman who spoke with Jesus by Jacob’s Well understood the same concept:

“The woman says unto him, ‘I know that Messias comes, which is called Christ[Messiah]: when he is come, he will tell us all things.’ Jesus says unto her, ‘I that speak unto you am he.’”

• John 4:25–26

Note also that Jesus admitted directly to her that He was the “Messias” as she said. Later she ran to the men and said “Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ [the Messiah]?” (John 4:29). In both John 1:41 and 4:25 messias is a Greek transliteration of mashiach (which in turn is translated into English). It is perfectly proper, therefore, to substitute the term “Messiah” every time “Christ” occurs in the New Testament with reference to Jesus as Messiah. This was the understanding of the people of Jesus’ time, and it was the understanding and intent of the biblical writers. Later

Anthony
    Participant

Nick

it would be perfectly proper to understand the phrase “Jesus Christ” as “Jesus the Messiah” or “Jesus the Anointed” every time it occurs. And, when you consider that the personal name “Jesus” itself is Greek for Joshua, and Joshua means ”YHWH saves,” you have a powerful statement of fact just in the phrase “Jesus Christ.” It means literally “YHWH saves [through] the Anointed [One].” This fact is certainly true. The converse “Christ Jesus” can be understood as “the Anointed of YHWH saves.” These are simply what the terms and phrases mean. God accomplished this work of saving mankind through His anointed one, Jesus Christ, who performed it through His birth, life, crucifixion, death, and resurrection. Later

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Anthony…….THE GNOSTIC’S  at the time of the apostles believed and preached JESUS WAS A GOD, THAT HE CAME FROM THE PLORA OF THE GOD. TO STRAIGHTEN OUT WHAT THE FIRST GOD HAD DID,  YOU have completely changed what they taught.  YOU ARE LYING AND DISTORTING TRUTH. PLEASE PRODUCE YOU SOURCES THAT SURE IS NOT WHAT I HAVE READ.

The Gnostic’s were the ANTICHRISTS OF THE FIRST CENTER MENTIONED BY JOHN. You have completely corrupted the truth , please go back and reread what the GNOSTIC’S taught at the time of the first century, not what they now teach.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Yes you can believe whatever you wish about God but is your faith useful to you?

You can be gnostic if you choose but scripture is the source of revelation.

Heb 11.6

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,

and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

1cor 8.6

yet for us there is but one God, from Whom are all things, and we exist for Him:

and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we exist through him.

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Anthony and Dig4truth,

Please read the below passages, it is you that are in a VERY tight spot.

Hear the word of God an BELIEVE, apply scripture with scripture.

APPLY Paul’s words with Paul’s words, as as Romans and Colossians speak of the same thing.

Romans 8: 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Colossians 1: 12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

The firstborn in verse 15 is the SAME firstborn of Romans 29, firstborn of among many brethren, where we are PARTAKERS of the inheritance, where we have been delivered, justified, glorified.  Paul is clearly speaking of the SAME firstborn in these 2 passages.

Psalms 89:25 I will set his hand over the sea, his right hand over the rivers. 26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’ 27 And I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth. 28 I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail.

Isaiah 55: 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. 4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. 5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

He is appointed a firstborn, God will maintain a covenant with him that will never fail, even the sure mercies of David, this firstborn will GLORIFY THEE, which is also what we are told in Romans 8.

NOW apply Acts 13 with Isaiah 55

Acts 13: 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the PROMISE which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath FULLFILLED the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will GIVE you the sure mercies of David.

2 Samuel 22:51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.

Psalms 18: 50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

Luke 1: 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of HIS FATHER David:

Matthew 20: 31 And the multitude rebuked them, that they should hold their peace: but they cried out the more, saying, Lord, have mercy on us, thou son of David.

Matthew 21: 9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Mark 11: 9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed is the kingdom that cometh, the kingdom of our father David: Hosanna in the highest.

Romans 1: 1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 which he PROMISED AFORE through his prophets in the holy scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 who was DECLARED TO BE the Son of God with power, ACCORDING to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead; even Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we received grace and apostleship, unto obedience of faith among all the nations, for his name’s sake;

The SON of DAVID is DECLARED the Son of God ACCORDING to the Spirit of holiness. David’s Son was anointed with God’s Spirit without measure, ACCORDING to the Spirit of holiness David’s Son is declared the Son of God.

Upon rising from the dead Jesus was GIVEN the mercies of David.

Jesus we are told was a human and still is a human. Let’s establish this fact before reading Acts 17. 

2 examples out of about 100 I could give,

Man-Greek -anthropos -HUMAN

1 Timothy 2: 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Matthew 26: 64 Jesus saith unto him,Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Now STUDY ACTS 17,

Acts 17: 24 `God, who did make the world, and all things in it, this One, of heaven and of earth being Lord, in temples made with hands doth not dwell, 25 neither by the hands of men is He served — needing anything, He giving to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth — having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings

Just absurd to say the MAN Jesus created the heavens and the earth and humans. God ordained times before appointed and by the BLOOD of a MAN was planned before time began to be SHED, so that we may be justified and joint heirs with the human raised firstborn receiving eternal life. 

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily WAS FOREORDAINED BEFORE the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and GAVE him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

The Son of David who would be anointed, declared the Son of God and would shed his blood was a PLAN that existed before time, that through him we may receive eternal life.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

RECALL  Romans 8: 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Isaiah 42: 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

There is no pre-existing Jesus, Isaiah tells you who JESUS is, not a pre-existing god, but a human servant who received the Spirit of Holiness.

BACK to ACTS 17,

27 to seek the Lord, if perhaps they did feel after Him and find, — though, indeed, He is not far from each one of us, 28 for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring. 29 `Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man; 30 the times, indeed, therefore, of the ignorance God having overlooked, doth now command all men everywhere to reform, 31 because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, BY A MAN whom He did ORDAIN, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.’

A HUMAN was raised from the DEAD, A HUMAN was ORDAINED to judge the world, he will judge the world in righteousness.

We are to be the OFFSPRING of God as Jesus became the offspring of God DECLARED a SON ACCORDING to the Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection from the dead, made a firstborn of MANY BRETHREN, as we are justified and given glory through him.

NOW back to Collosians,

1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    The Son is— of the FLESH of DAVID declared Son of God according to the Spirit of Holiness
    The kingdom of his dear Son isMark 11: 9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed is the kingdom that cometh, the kingdom of our father David: Hosanna in the highest.
    Who was made in the image of God?

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 9: 6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

1Corinthians 11: 7 for a man, indeed, ought not to cover the head, being the image and glory of God,
    WHO are we TOLD is the image of God in Colossians 1???? THE HUMAN who SHED his blood, the lamb that was without spot or blemish that was RAISED from the dead, given eternal life, as such he is the FIRSTBORN of every creature.
    Galatians 6: 14 But God forbid* that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
    Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now…….29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
    18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
    The firstborn of the dead IN ALL THINGS he might have THE PREEMINENCE.
    Greek Proteuo —-  to be first, hold the first place
    TC and Dig4truth, the human resurrected from the dead that is the offspring of David, declared Son of God according to the Spirit, is IN ALL THINGS FIRST, he is the beginning. Not the beginning of a world where every creature exists in the bondage of corruption, but the beginning of the kingdom of God. Jesus is not the firstborn of a world of SIN and DEATH, he is the firstborn of righteousness and life. As we are TOLD that before TIME began God promised eternal life, he promised this firstborn of eternal life, the one who shed his blood who we are told directly was foreordained before the foundation of the world. We are told that God established the end before He created Genesis. Redemption for a world of sin and death existed before Genesis, and it was in God’s plan that as one man would bring sin and death, by one man righteousness and life would come. If it were not for the man who would shed his blood and bring redemption, Genesis would have never been created, all was created by God through and for the man who shed his blood as we are directly TOLD in Colossians 1.
    God and His WISDOM created the heavens and the earth, Jesus born the Son of man was anointed with wisdom and understanding.
    11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, 12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. 13 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, 14 for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. 16 Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. 17 Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed. 19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place; 20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew. 21 My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; 22 they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. 23 Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. 24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, 26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
    Isaiah 42: 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
     Colossians 1:16for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
    In HIM were all things created, HIM in this chapter we are told DIRECTLY is the man who shed his blood and was raised from the dead being appointed as FIRST over all creation of a NEW beginning.
    Given all the promises all the prophecies we know for a biblical FACT that God created heaven and earth to bring man into eternal life, to bring man into a kingdom that follows His will. Genesis was created THROUGH and FOR this PURPOSE, of which was held in a HUMAN being dying on the cross. 
    Heaven and earth was created by God’s wisdom through His foreknowledge of CHRIST, who would be the firstborn over every creature according to being raised from the dead “that in all things he might have the preeminence.”
    Not heaven and earth was created through the hands of a pre-existing son. To say such is to be IGNORANT or just in FULL denial of God’s word and His promises.
    Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on himthe Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD— 3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; 4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. 5 Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. 6 The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. 7 The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest. 9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. 
    Jesus is the new beginning the firstborn over all creatures. When he establishes the kingdom of God the animals will also be made new creatures, they will not harm or destroy for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD.
    You guys don’t get it, take in Isaiah 11 and 42!
    Jesus was never the firstborn over a creation of THORNS, creatures that harm, sin and death, he did not make humans, he is a HUMAN who God gave the breath of life too, he is the firstborn over a new creation where the EARTH is FILLED with the knowledge of God. He first had to be born of the loins of David, he had to fulfill all righteousness and be filled with the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, he had to be sent out into the world to speak God’s word with authority, to heal, and to set captives free, to go to the cross becoming PERFECTED so that he could be the perfect sacrifice bringing redemption. Then God raised this perfecedt human from the dead giving him eternal life appointed him ruler over all the earth, giving him the mercies of David and David’s throne, as he is the Son of David, who God had promised such unto David, that God would be a Father to his son according to God’s Spirit.  
    He is a ruler over all the earth NOT because he was made the firstborn before Genesis was created, but BECAUSE he was a human tempted as we are tempted, and thus he can be a righteous judge unto us.
    Dig4truth
    Participant

Jodi, did you answer why the Scripture says that Yeshua created everything?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

5 For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You”?
    And again,

“I will be a Father to Him
    And He shall be a Son to Me”?
    6 And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,

“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”
    7 And of the angels He says,

“Who makes His angels winds,
    And His ministers a flame of fire.”
    8 But of the Son He says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
    9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
    Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
    With the oil of gladness above Your companions.”
    10 And,

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
    And the heavens are the works of Your hands;
    11 They will perish, but You remain;
    And they all will become old like a garment,
    12 And like a mantle You will roll them up;
    Like a garment they will also be changed.
    But You are the same,
    And Your years will not come to an end.”
    13 But to which of the angels has He ever said,

“Sit at My right hand,
    Until I make Your enemies
    A footstool for Your feet”?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….They simply do not get it sis. Very good post and explanations along with it, You have done all you could do. The called and chosen understandwhat you are saying, the rest never have had it in the first place,  their understanding is darkened.  If the Spirit of truth was in them they would be rejoicing in what you have written.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Could you give me the scripture that says Jesus created everything because I can only find passages that say that the Father of Jesus created everything. In Colossians we are told that in Jesus heaven and earth was made, that it was made through him and for him, this is NOT the same thing as Jesus himself literally creating heaven and earth, and I guess you would have us believe that he did so for himself. 

You speak as if you are ignorant to the use of the word “in” or “through”.. and you certainly ignore the words “for him”. According to you it should read,  through himself and for himself.

16 For in him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created through him, and for him:

So let’s apply scripture with scripture and understand verse 16 through other scriptures and within it’s own context, and then let’s apply it on your definition. 

For in him (Jesus the man who brought redemption and forgiveness of sin, because he was perfected through that which he suffered, and then was raised firstborn of the dead into eternal life) were all things created by God, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers, all things were created through the man who was foreordained before the foundation of the world but was manifested in these last times for us to bring redemption and eternal life, because God had promised before time began eternal life, and all things were created for the man who received eternal life who is the firstborn of the dead over every creature, so that God could be all in all, even the snake where he will no longer hurt or destroy and the child can play by the snake’s den. 

You: For in a pre-existing god were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created through a pre-existing god, and for a pre-existing god, all that the pre-existing god created he did it through himself and for himself:

Anthony, people do things, and create things all day, everyday through others and for others. It is fascinating to me that you want to act like this is not a FACT and common sense in the use of everyday language, also fascinating that you just want to ignore the many scriptures I gave you as if they do not apply. God created heaven and earth for the humans that He created, God first had to bring them into righteousness, of which He did through the HUMAN Jesus.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene, Thank You! God Bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

If God has spoken to us in His Son why do you not listen to Him?

Nstead you parrot the foolish understandings of the lost.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Dig4truth,

Surely Hebrews 1 is speaking of the human who God perfected, you know that human who sits at God’s right hand right now. You know the human who is able to be our judge and ruler over all because he was tempted just like we were tempted. You know that human who is returning to earth who has the Glory of the Father. You know, the human that God foreordained before the foundation of the world. You know, the human who was a servant that God placed His Spirit upon calling him to fulfill all righteousness.

1 God, having of old time spoken unto the fathers in the prophets by divers portions and in divers manners, 2 hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds; and again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? 6 And when he again bringeth in the firstborn into the world he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 

Dig4truth, the Son here is a Son of David DECLARED a Son of God ACCORDING to the Spirit of Holiness. He became the Son of God at his anointing at the river where he was then sent out to SPEAK God’s word, PRIOR God’s word was spoken through the prophets as we are told in this chapter. This Son of Man who became the Son of God was APPOINTED heir of all things because he was tempted just like we were tempted and thus is a righteous judge. Through Jesus made of the flesh of David declared a Son of God according to the Spirit of Holiness God made the worlds, as God had promised before time began eternal life, and that PROMISE was held  the HUMAN who would SHED his blood bringing redemption, of which we are directly told was in FACT of God’s foreknowledge, because the human who would shed his blood to bring righteousness and life was His plan from before the beginning. ALL things were created through and for, NOT a pre-existing being but the firstborn of the dead, the firstborn as Paul puts it in Romans 8 the firstborn of many brethren. God we are told declared the end before the beginning, that end was the firstborn of the dead, that end was the end to sin and death and the beginning of redemption, righteousness and eternal life. God made the world through His knowledge of the END that would bring the new beginning. 

Apply the word of God to the word of God! That is of course how truth is established.

3 who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 having become by so much better than the angels, as he hath inherited a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?

Acts 13 does not ring a bell to you Dig4truth?

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

The Holy One here is the HUMAN who died for you, who God perfected through suffering as he went to the the cross for you.

and again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? 6 And when he again bringeth in the firstborn into the world he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels winds, And his ministers a flame a fire: 8 but of the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; And the sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

His kingdom is his father David’s kingdom.

2 Samuel 7: 12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son.

Mark 11:9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee With the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles….6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Matthew 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him,Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of thy hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou continuest: And they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a mantle shalt thou roll them up, As a garment, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, And thy years shall not fail.

This is speaking of God the Father of Jesus, obviously because Jesus himself was CHANGED he was MORTAL and he died and then he was RAISED from the dead given glory, and MADE incorruptible.

13 But of which of the angels hath he said at any time, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?

Who sits at God’s right hand?

Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Luke 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

ALL THINGS were put under the MAN, the firstfruits of God’s Spirit. There is ONE TRUE GOD who exists with powers, He says,

Psalms 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. 5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
    Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
    Yes once again I will give the below passage,
    Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account