The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,081 through 6,100 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes the washing is of obedience and a plea for forgiveness.1Peter 3
    The human spirit does not change but now the Holy Spirit can abide in a man too. Rom 8.16

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I think you will find that the human spirit does change because Scripture speaks of the renewal of the spirit.

Ephesians 4:23New English Translation (NET Bible)

23 to be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Psalm 51:10New English Translation (NET Bible)

10 Create for me a pure heart, O God!
    Renew a resolute spirit within me!

Titus 3:5New English Translation (NET Bible)

5 he saved us not by works of righteousness that we have done but on the basis of his mercy, through the washing of the new birth and the renewing of the Holy Spirit,

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    We must be transformed by a renewal of our minds according to the Spirit and the word.
    It means submitting our minds to what God wants-change.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

As far as it goes that is true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So it does not mean our minds need a replacement spirit.
    The Holy Spirit does the work if allowed

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Our minds do need a new spirit new does not mean a replacement but it means one that has been renewed as the Spirit of God teaches all things to those that persevere in believing.

Sometimes it does sound like a replacement as believers are instructed to put off their old self and put on the new self created like God in true righteousness and holiness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The new Spirit is the teacher, the Spirit of Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am not sure how you mean that but I do know Jesus said “what is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

The spirit that is born of the Spirit is the one I am calling new and that is not what it is born from.

The instruction to live according to the Spirit is equivalent to the instruction to put on your new self. The old self lives according to the flesh.

Ed J
    Participant

You do not believe God was able to preserve his word?

Scripture does not answer that question.

Hi Kerwin,

I beg to differ:
    The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” (Psalms 12:6-7)

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Psalm 12 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
    Psalm 12
    To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.

1 Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth;
    for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
    2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour:
    with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
    3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips,
    and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
    4 who have said, With our tongue will we prevail;
    our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
    5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy,
    now will I arise, saith the Lord;
    I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

6 The words of the Lord are pure words:
    as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord,
    thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
    8 The wicked walk on every side,
    when the vilest men are exalted.

It does not say Scripture though you assume that is what the clause “the word of God” means.

I believe that is why he put the woman in her place for in doing so he protected his word from the dragon and its servants.

God is alive and active so the truth can be had for those that seek him. You do have to realize the times are evil and learn how to listen to God. These seem hard to me but God is not unjust.

carmel
    Participant

Our minds do need a new spirit new does not mean a replacement

Kerwin,

IT IS A REPLACEMENT!

UNLESS WE DECLARE THE ONLY SPIRIT, ONE SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST!

WE WILL NEVER OWN A NEW SPIRIT, BUT WE WOULD REMAIN IN THE OLD SPIRIT, OF SATAN! AND ALREADY CONDEMNED!

CONFIRMED BY JESUS HIMSELF

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world, but that the world may be saved by him. 18He that believeth in him IS NOT JUDGED. But he that doth not believe, is ALREADY JUDGED:

John 3:36 He that believeth in the Son, hath life everlasting; but he that believeth not the Son, shall not see life; but SATAN , the wrath of God abideth on him.

SO WHO DOES NOT DECLARE JESUS CHRIST, HE STILL CARRIES WITHIN HIM SATAN’S SPIRIT!

Paul made it clear:

1 Corinthians For as the body is one, and hath many members; and all the members of the body, whereas they are many, yet are one body, SO ALSO IS CHRIST. ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM, AND ALL FOR HIM!

13For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free; and IN ONE SPIRIT WE HAVE ALL BEEN MADE TO DRINK.

SO WHATEVER WITH GOOD INTENTIONS WE DO, WE MUST DO IT IN JESUS CHRIST NAME

OTHERWISE SATAN WOULD HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN WHATEVER WE DO IN ORDER TO DEVIATE US FROM CHRIST’S WAY!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

Something is missing from what you are saying. You probably know what but do not have the same context you do. It makes what you say confusing.

Just looking at your words you do not believe a human being that is a Christian has his own human spirit that bears witness with the Holy Spirit that he is a son of God. If you believe that but chose not to reveal your post then by using it as context your post becomes less confusing. If that is your belief then please confirm.

carmel
    Participant

Just looking at your words you do not believe a human being that is a Christian has his own human spirit

Kerwin,

HUMANS HAS A SOUL AND A FLESH, NOTHING ELSE HIS OWN!

THE SPIRIT IS ONLY TEMPORARY TO GIVE POWER ACCORDINGLY TO THE SOUL TO LIVE IN THE BODY, BUT A SOON AS THE SPIRIT LEAVES THE SOUL, SHE COULD NOT REMAIN IN THE BODY!

ALSO THE SPIRIT COULD ONLY BE EITHER CHRIST’S OR SATAN’S

JESUS BECAME IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN!

HE ONLY HAD A SOUL AND A FLESH!

THE ONLY SPIRIT HE HAD WAS HIS FATHER’S, AFTER BAPTISM!

BEFORE HIS BAPTISM, HE HAD SATAN’S SPIRIT TO BE IN ALL THINGS LIKE ALL HIS BRETHREN BUT JOHN BAPTISED HIM AND REMOVED SATAN’S SPIRIT TILL JESUS ACCOMPLISHED HIS WORK ON THE CROSS!

SO JESUS COULD NOT HAVE BOTH HIS FATHER’S AND SATAN’S

ONLY ONE SPIRIT AT A TIME!

NOW AFTER JESUS WAS ABANDONED BY HIS FATHER’S, HE WAS IN HIS SOUL AND FLESH BODY (THE WORD) ONLY, TILL SATAN’S SPIRIT OF DEATH TOOK HOLD OF JESUS’SOUL AGAIN,TOOK HIM TO HELL IN ORDER FOR JESUS FLESH BODY TO DIE!

THIS WAS THE NORMAL PROCEDURE FOR SATAN FROM ADAM ONWARDS SINCE SOULS BECAME HIS PROPERTY!

THIS WAS ALSO THE LAST PROCEDURE FOR SATAN!

FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT ALL SOULS BECAME JESUS’ PROPERTY, AND ONLY JESUS DECIDE WHERE SOULS WOULD GO AFTER THEY LEAVE THE BODY!

HE CONFIRMED THIS WHEN HE DECLARED:

WHEN I AM LIFTED UP I WILL DRAW ALL THINGS UNTO ME

SO TO BE CLEAR:

WE ALSO HAVE A SPIRIT AT A TIME WITHIN US!

WHEN WE DO THINGS IN THE NAME OF CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT OCCUPIES OUR SOULS, AND ABIDES IN “THE WORD” WHICH IS IN OUR SOUL!

WHEN WE DO THINGS IN THE NAME OF SATAN,  SIN, HE OCCUPIES OUR SOULS! TILL WE ASK FORGIVENESS TO JESUS CHRIST!

1 Corinthians 12:For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free; and IN ONE SPIRIT WE HAVE ALL BEEN MADE to drink.

IT IS CLEAR:

IN ONE SPIRIT WE HAVE ALL BEEN MADE !

WE EITHER DRINK CHRIST’S OR SATAN’S

EITHER GOOD OR EVIL!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

HUMANS HAS A SOUL AND A FLESH, NOTHING ELSE HIS OWN!

Unless there is something I fail to understand your words contradict Scripture in many places. One of the most obvious is Romans 8:16 where Scripture testifies that the Holy Spirit bears with with the spirit of believers that the believers are the sons of God. There are clear two spirits mentioned though both are united in their testimony.

carmel
    Participant

Unless there is something I fail to understand your words contradict Scripture in many places.

Kerwin,

YES YOU DID FAIL!

I SAID:

WHEN WE DO THINGS IN THE NAME OF CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT OCCUPIES OUR SOULS, AND ABIDES IN “THE WORD” WHICH IS IN OUR SOUL!

YOU SIMPLY DIDN’T SEE “THE WORD” THE SPIRIT WHICH WAS SLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD! REV. 13:8!SINCE ALL WAS CREATED BY HIM, IN HIM ,AND FOR HIM!

“THE WORD” THE SPIRIT WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ADAM AND BECAME THE FIRST EVER SOUL, WAS INSERTED IN THE ENTIRE CREATION FROM THE BEGINNING!

IN THE BEGINNING WAS “THE WORD!”

SO WHETHER THE HOLY SPIRIT, OR SATAN’S SPIRIT ABIDES IN OUR SOULS, IT IS ALWAYS THROUGH “THE WORD” THAT THEY ABIDE,NOT DIRECTLY IN OUR SOULS!

“THE WORD” JESUS’SPIRIT, THE SON, THE TRIUNE MEDIATOR CREATOR GOD, IS THE ONLY SPIRIT THAT GIVES LIFE!

NOTHING EXISTS WITHOUT THAT SPIRIT!

THE FACT THAT HE IS THE ONLY MEDIATOR!

BETWEEN OUR SOULS AND GOD’S/ SATAN’S

SATAN CANNOT ABIDE IN OUR SOUL DIRECTLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE IS A DEAD SPIRIT!

BEFORE JESUS CHRIST, ALL HUMANS WERE SPIRITUALLY DEAD DUE TO THE FACT THAT SATAN ABIDED DIRECTLY IN OUR SOULS!

THROUGH ADAM SIN, SATAN’S ASSET!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

I am not following you as when I look at Romans 8:16 I see at least two Spirits mentioned, the first is called The Spirit and the second is called our spirit. So what to you think Paul is calling our spirit in Romans 8:16.

carmel
    Participant

There are clear two spirits mentioned though both are united in their testimony.

Kerwin,

Read Romans:

Romans 8:16 For the Spirit himself giveth testimony to our spirit, that we are the sons of God.

WHY THE HOLY SPIRIT, GIVES TESTIMONY,TO “THE WORD,” JESUS’ SPIRIT , OUR SPIRIT, THAT WE ARE THE SONS OF GOD?

OBVIOUS! FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT “THE WORD” JESUS’SPIRIT WITHIN US WOULD BE UNITED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND CONFIRMS THAT WE ARE SONS OF GOD, AND WE WOULD BE AWARE OF IT, WE WOULD FEEL THE HOLY SPIRIT AND PERFORM GOD’S WORK!

JESUS CONFIRMED THIS AND SAID:

The Spirit breatheth where he will; and THOUGH HEAREST HIS VOICE , but thou knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

THEN:

BOTH THE CHRIST AND THE FATHER WOULD EVENTUALLY MAKE ALSO THEIR ABODE IN US! WHILE ON EARTH

IT IS WELL CLEAR HEREUNDER!

John 14:23 Jesus answered, and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep MY WORD, A REFERENCE TO HIS SPIRIT SINCE A PERSON OPTED TO DO ALL IN JESUS’NAME!

and my Father will love him, THROUGH THE ABODE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT and WE WILL COME TO HIM, AND WILL MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM. THROUGH  CHRIST’S SPIRIT, SINCE ONLY CHRIST IS GLORIFIED BOTH GOD AND MAN, BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON, BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH! IN ONE BODY!

SO IN ALL THERE WOULD BE:

GOD THE FATHER!

CHRIST’S SPIRIT

THE HOLY SPIRIT

THE WORD

OUR SOUL

OUR BODY

SIX IN ALL!

SO SIX FOR THE FATHER TO ABIDE IN MAN

SIX FOR THE MAN TO ABIDE IN GOD

SIX ALSO FOR  SATAN TO ABIDE IN MAN THE BEAST FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT:

THE FATHER, CHRIST, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT,WOULD EVENTUALLY LEAVE,

AND SATAN OCCUPIES THE SOUL,

BUT SINCE SATAN IS A DEAD SPIRIT, AND EVIL,

“THE WORD” WITHIN US WOULD FUNCTION IN ITS FULL POWER OF GOD TO PROTECT THE SOUL,  OPPOSE SATAN, AND KEEPS IT ALIVE,WITH THE HOPE THAT IT WILL REPENT!

SO:

SATAN’S SPIRIT

“THE WORD” AS TRIUNE THREE

THE SOUL

THE BODY

Rev:13: 18 Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast.

For it is the number of a man:

and the number of him (GOD) is six hundred sixty-six.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

WHY THE HOLY SPIRIT, GIVES TESTIMONY,TO “THE WORD,” JESUS’ SPIRIT , OUR SPIRIT, THAT WE ARE THE SONS OF GOD?

So you are saying that there is two spirits. One of those spirits is the Holy Spirit and the other is Jesus’ spirit. In addition Paul calls the Holy Spirit the Spirit while calling Jesus’ spirit our spirit.

Am I correct?

carmel
    Participant

So you are saying that there is two spirits. One of those spirits is the Holy Spirit and the other is Jesus’ spirit. In addition Paul calls the Holy Spirit the Spirit while calling Jesus’ spirit our spirit.

Am I correct?

Kerwin,

AS LONG AS IT IS A REFERENCE ONLY TO CHRISTIANS!

NON CHRISTIANS, SINCE THEY DON’T BELIEVE IN JESUS, THEY HAVE THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, WHICH IS THEIR ACTUAL FLESH BODY!THE SPIRIT OF MAN!

NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT THEY STILL HAVE “THE WORD” JESUS’SPIRIT WITHIN THEM.

FROM THE OTHER HAND CHRISTIANS CONFIRMED JESUS ON THEIR BAPTISM!

SO THEY ARE HIS NO MATTER WHAT!

SO THEIR NEW SPIRIT IS “THE WORD” JESUS’SPIRIT, AND THEY SHOULD DIE IN THEIR FLESH, THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, THE SPIRIT OF MAN,

IN ORDER TO LIVE WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD, WHICH IS THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHIN THEM! AND MANIFEST THEMSELVES AS TEMPLES OF GOD! BUT NOT DIRECTLY, ONLY FROM WITHIN “THE WORD” JESUS’SPIRIT, THE ONLY MEDIATOR!

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TOO POWERFUL TO ABIDE IN OUR MORTAL SINFUL FLESH BODY!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

I am not going to follow that rabbit hole.

Jesus had his own human spirit and he was given the Holy Spirit.
    Immersed believers are united in one spirit that is the Hold Spirit and the Holy Spirit is sent in Jesus’ name.
    Believers have their own human spirit. Believers also have a human soul and a human body. The soul and spirit maker up the spiritual side of man while the body is the physical side.

Their is much I have to learn but I do not see where what you are saying will help me learn it.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,081 through 6,100 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account