The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,261 through 6,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Heaven Net would almost not be needed if there was no confusion over identity and nature.

Hi T8,

I disagree with you.

Heaven Net is needed to help others with all misconceptions, even yours.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thank you.

And what is my number one misconception.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Let me remove the muddy lense that makes the crystal clear look mirky.

The Truth himself speaks the truth. One is a person, the other an attribute.

The Life himself gives eternal life.

See that. A name is given based on attributes.

Now think of the reason Jesus is called Jesus. Scripture tells you why.

Finally. Why do you think Jesus is called The Word of God?

Now you should be able to see my point.

Did the muddy waters become clear?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Claro?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Word of God speaks the word of God.

The truth speaks the truth.

The Life gives eternal life by permission of the Father.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do I hear an amen, EdJ?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Proclamation,

Jesus is not “Ho Logos” (The Word)
    + this is not the thread to talk about it

“The Word” is Jesus’ Father – the HolySpirit

Ed J
    Participant

HolySpirit is GOD: The Father of Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, the Spirit of God is God’s own spirit.

God is Spirit.

The Spirit came upon Mary and the holy child was born into this world.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Let me remove the muddy lense that makes the crystal clear look mirky.

The Truth himself speaks the truth. One is a person, the other an attribute.

The Life himself gives eternal life.

See that. A name is given based on attributes.

Now think of the reason Jesus is called Jesus. Scripture tells you why.

Finally. Why do you think Jesus is called The Word of God?

Now you should be able to see my point.

Did the muddy waters become clear?

Feel free to pick the appropriate topic in which to reply to this quote.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Father was WITH the Father? Is that how your gospel would start.

In the beginning was the Father and the Father was with the Father, and the Father was the father?

Something doesn’t addup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……Is your words you, or somebody else? God and his word are the same ,  Being, Why?, because the words of God are given by God himself,  God gave Jesus his words to tell us.
    Jesus plainly said,  “the words I am telling you “are not “MY” Words, but the “Words” of him who sent me> 

That means to me that Jesus “himself” , did not originate those words he was speaking to us, now if he did not originate those words then how could he ever “himself” be them?

The problem here as I see it, is people force our text to say what in fact they do not “actually ”  say, 

No scripture says  Jesus “IS”, the word of God.  What it says is, “he is “called” the word of God.” Being called something is not the same as being it. Jesus “quoted” God the fathers “words” to us,  therefore it is the same as if God were speaking to us himself, through the messenger, why, because those words were not the messengers words, but God the fathers words, the exact same thing can be said for the prophets , they were not the word themselves either, ever though they spoke God’s words to us.
    SCRIPTURE SAYS , the word of the LORD, came to, this prophet, or that prophet, and believe it or not it could have been an angel bringing it, to that prophet, sent from God,  to take his words to those prophets, but not God himself.  Scripture in many places show it as  if God himself was the one speaking directly to the prophet, even though it was an angel/ messenger actually speaking those words.

God and his word are one and the same being , just as you and your words are. If someone quotes you,  does that make the one “quoting” you ,  himself,  you or your word? , I think not.

No scripture say Jesus “himself” “IS” the word of God “himself”. If such a scripture did exist then JESUS IS indeed GOD HIMSELF, because scripture says,  “and the word was God”,   But no scripture says that, “Jesus “, was God,  I have ever seen.

peace and love to you and yours………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene AND all

No scripture says  Jesus “IS”, the word of God.  What it says is, “he is “called” the word of God.

Why is Jesus called THE WORD OF GOD. ?

Well, it’s God’s will that it be so …but WHY ?

HE (JESUS) WAS CALLED “THE WORD OF GOD” AT THE BEGINNING,

HE (JESUS) IS CALLED TODAY “THE WORD OF GOD”

AND HE (JESUS) WILL BE CALLED “THE WORD OF GOD”
    because IT IS HIS FUNCTION TO BE “THE WORD OF GOD”

If sin had not separated us from God, THE LATTER WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO TALK TO US DIRECTLY, BUT DUE TO SIN, AN INTERMEDIATE BETWEEN ADAM AND GOD … AND THIS INTERMEDIATOR (MEDIATOR) IS HIS ONLY SON ( THE WORD OF GOD)

HE SPEAKS TO US IN PLACE OF GOD BECAUSE GOD CANNOT SPEAK TO US DIRECTLY.

ONLY THE SON OF GOD CALLED “THE WORD” IS WORTHY OF THIS FUNCTION, WHAT DO I SAY, OF THIS MISSION …Because Bible days

THE WORD” WHICH IS THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD, WAS GOD AND IS GOD

Thinking

AMEN

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…..Scripture please,  not one scripture “says” Jesus “is” the word of God,  not one, please show us the scripture that says that.  Now i want an actual scripture that says that “exactly”, not some text where you change the wording, or force it to fit your false assumptions, to try to make Jesus into a deity, by saying he himself “IS” the word of God. 

God the Father and “his” words are one and the same thing,  just as you and your words are,  Simple as that.  
    In the beginning was God “only” and “He” said, and it was so.  No one else said it, and “did” it,  just God the Father himself and alone.

Isa 44: 24…….”Thus says the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed you from the womb,  i am the LORD that makes “ALL THINGS” ; that stretches forth the heavens “ALONE” ; that spreads abroad the earth “BY MYSELF”. 

Jodi and I have quoted theses scriptures, and many,  many, more to you people over and over ,  but they just fall on deaf ears. You not only do not believe Jesus , but not even what God the Father himself said , you believed neither  one them,  if you truly did, then you would know for sure,  Jesus was not “himself”, the word of God, nor is he a God, either.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

God the Father and “his” words are one and the same thing,  just as you and your words are,  Simple as that.  

Me

WHERE You see That in The Bible ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean….can you separate “your words” from you?

Neither can God the Father separate his words from himself, are you so ignorant you really don’t that?

Please show us where God, ever said”,  his words are different then him.
    This only goes to show how truly your thinking is screwed up Berean, if you don’t even know that.

You cannot remove God the Father from his words, because that is who he “IS” . He is Spirit and his words are Spirit also. Did not Jesus tell us that?

John 12:49…..For I have have “not” spoken of (from) myself; but the Father which sent me, “HE” gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should “SPEAK”. 

John 12: 50…..And I know that “His” commandment, is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, “EVEN AS THE FATHER”,   “SAID UNTO ME”, “SO I SPEAK”. 

Jesus spoke and speaks “God the Fathers WORDS UNTO US, NOT “HIS OWN WORDS. 

MAKING God the Fathers words, out to be the man Jesus “himself”  is blasphemy against the Spirit.  Berean Jesus never ever did that, repent.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene……Sorry you don’t have any verses to prove what you’re saying.

On the other hand the Bible is clear when to know who is THE ONE WHO IS CALLED “THE WORD OF GOD”
    IT IS JESUS CHRIST
    REVELATION 19:13 IS VERY CLEAR.
    Stop resisting the Holy Spirit and come to the light of BIBLICAL TRUTH.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean….Evidently you did not read the scriptures I posted, or you read them and simply chose not to believe them.  So not only you don’t believe What God the Father  himself says, you don’t even believe what Jesus Christ HIMSELF SAYS either.

Can’t you understand, if scripture meant Jesus  was actually the word of God himself, it would have said it like this, “Jesus “IS” the word of God” , not that he is “Called” the word of God,  but “IS” , the word of God.  Show me where that is written any where in our scriptures.

Berean, you have been “indoctrinated ” into false teachings, by fallen Christianity,  it’s time you come out of that, and start questioning those false teachings, and start to think for yourself.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

The truth IS hère:

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    [13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Berean
    Participant

Rev.19

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    [13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Compare with Rev.1

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    [14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Question Gene

WHO IS THE ONE WITH EYES AS A FLAME OF FIRE IN CHAPTER 19 AND CHAPTER 1. ???

Viewing 20 posts - 6,261 through 6,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account