The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..True the spirit does remind us of what jesus, said , so why do you not believe what he said after his resurection as to what he was and is? You add your own renditions to him not being flesh and bone now, as he clearly said he was and even demonstrated it, you even , without understanding it, are say the scriptures are lying about Jesus being the first “human” being raised from the dead to ever lasting life as a human being, because you believe God could not make his own flesh and bone physical body live forever as he said. He clearly said he was “dead” and now alive for ever, but you say, he is not really that person he was speaking in revelations anymore, he no longer has the flesh and bone body, that he was raised from the dead with, he ditched it somwhere, even though not so much as a single scriptures says it. You force texts to meet you own personal dogmas.

You can’t even put together that Jesus never sinned, so it was impossible for his physical body to see corruption , the sentence was for those who sinned , Jesus didn’t, he only had to die because of us, or he simply would have never died exactly the way he was with the same body he had, just as Adam and Eve, could also lived with the bodies they had forever also, had they not sinned.

Your disdain for human bodies is quite disturbing, I can’t figure out why you feel that way about God’s human creation. Do you feel that way about all of God’s creation or is it just human beings.

Peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Do you think that because he showed his damaged old body to his brothers he must have stayed like that?

Did you imagine that he did not die because he did not sin?

But where did this stuff come from?

Your imagination again?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Do you think that because he showed his damaged old body to his brothers he must have stayed like that?

That is not true. He showed only the marks from his crusifiction to his brothers. The rest you are adding.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……I hardly think a 32 year old body is an “old” body, do you really think that? Now if you were talking about a 70 or 80 year old man you might have a point, but not a 32 year old, he at that age is probably at his peak physically. It is simply amazing how you come up with all this stuff.

I tell you if Jesus did not decide to pay our death sentence, he would still been alive with the body he had to this very day. And because he did voluntarily give his body, for the life of the world, we have forgiveness of our sins. But having accomplished his sacrifice, God did not permit his “BODY” to see coruption we aretold, but you come along and tell God did allow his body to see corruption “later”. That makes no sense at all for God To raise up his body and then destroy it later.

Where do you come up with this stuff, show one scripture that say God destroyed the body he was resurrected with, at a later date, there is no such scripture supporting you hypothesis.

Peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Does 1 Cor 15 says those who are alive when he comes see corruption?

No way

We follow him.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Do you believe Jesus’ body was incorruptible in the grave?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

It was not corrupted.

Do you believe this or was it never expected to corrupt?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Jesus’ body was never expected to corrupt, because he never sinned, so God never allowed his body to corrupt, Jesus still is alive with the body he had. Your belief makes God a liar, because God told Adam and Eve , “IF”, theY ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they would die, he never mentioned that they would die anyway or even be changed, if the had not eaten of it, in fact they could have eaten (taken to themselves) of the tree of life (that which produces life from itself) and never died as they were according to God. But you seem to know better right?

God the Father never intended man to die just the way he created him, or be changed unto another creature either,it was “SIN” that brought that on, not some normal ultimate death process, your disdain for God the Father’s creation of man, is without merit, I showed you in scripture of the things men have done with the bodies they had, with God’s spirit abiding with them, men who walked on water , went through doors, disappeded, went up into heaven, became so strong they brought down a stone built temple, slough 1000 solders single hanedly, all thing are possible with God.

I will settle for a body like Jesus was raised with anytime. I believe that his resurection was real, and his raised body was real, and he could walk on water , assend to the Father, and return and show himself alive with that body, and go through doors with that body and even disappear, with that body he was raised with. You can believe what you want, that is you privilege, I for one believe what Paul said “for we hope for the resurection that will wittiness the “REDEMPTION” of OUR (these) BODIES. “REDEMED” NOT CHANGED to some other form of creature.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Your own ideas again?

But you said you are taught by the Spirit.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Flesh contributes nothing

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

So you believe he body did not corrupt even though it was corruptible?

I agree though my reason is that I do not believe he laid in the grave long enough to corrupt. David laid in the grave longer and so his body saw corruption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Exactly.

He was like to us in all ways except sin.

Would you like to defy scripture and deny the miracle?

Reason rules?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……YOU ARE RIGHT , HE WAS DEAD IN THE GRAVE AND BEFORE HIS BODY CORRUPUTED, GOD RAISE HIM BACK TO LIFE, God himself told us that himself through Jesus’ own mouth.

“DISTORY THIS TEMPLE AND IN THREE DAYS “I” (GOD), SHALL RAISE “IT” UP”. That was God the Father speaking first person through the mouth of Jesus.

He that has ears to hear let him hear what the spirit is saying.

Peace and love to you and yours………………gene

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Exactly.

He was like to us in all ways except sin.

Would you like to defy scripture and deny the miracle?

Reason rules?

Scripture does not say it is a miracle but perhaps the Catholic Church does,

Peter used that fact to prove that Jesus was the one Scripture spoke of instead of David who was dead and buried and his sepulcher was still there with them to that day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So there was no fulfillment of the prophecy according to your reason.

Vain reason is greater than scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You claim to teach in the Spirit despite minimal reliance on what is written?

Where will this folly end?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Was Jesus tempted?

Where does temptation come from scripturally?

Do you think Jesus had a different special body?[Is 53]

Was he an overcomer or fundamentally different from conception?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

So there was no fulfillment of the prophecy according to your reason.

Vain reason is greater than scripture?

My reason is backed up by Scripture as it does say “Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day” just like I say, It also states that ” he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption” So as I pointed out Peter proves Jesus is the one the OT passage he is addressing speaks of Jesus and not of David.

There is nothing to show that the fact Jesus’ body was not corrupted was a miracle in itself and those that heard Peter’s claim would not have though it was.

The resurrection is a miracle.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You are confident in your personal interpretation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is the father of Jesus by His Holy Spirit.
    Then God anointed Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit and power.
    The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. We have touched and handled the Word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

God never anointed Jesus Christ, GOD anointed Jesus the man, who became (the) christ, the word Christ is not a name it is a title (anointed one) scribes changed the text to give it the appearance of Jesus being christ himself, he was not he, recieved the CHRISTOS, or anointing of the spirit, and as a result he is called the Christos, or anointed one, (messiah) None of those are names of a person but titles. The changes of making Jesus appear as named Christ was another corruption of scriptures. The earlier original texts does not present Jesus christ, but Jesus (the) christ, some say it as, Jesus who is the Christ. Showing a title not a personal name.

The orthodox Christology forced the text to try to make Jesus and the anointing spirit the same , so they changed scripture to read that way. Bart D. Ehrman….The ORTHODOX CORRUPTION OF SCRIPTURES.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account