The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You seem surprised that a prophet would know the future.

Why is this?

Proclaimer
    Participant

You seem surprised when you are rebuked with scripture where the angel said today the messiah was born and that a man had the Spirit at the time you say Jesus had not the Spirit.

Yes read the scriptures and you will not be surprised any longer. He was born the Christ because scripture teaches us that. Your truth is not the truth, but only your private interpretation. Be born from above and you will love as God is love. You will also love the truth. Allow this Holy Spirit to inspire your words and life and give you a deep respect for truth. And through humility we can learn truth. But when a man is full with his own understanding, he has no room for the truth that God wants to fill our understanding with.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Humility is what enabled you to claim to infallibly understand scripture?

Hopefully you will understand prophecy soon too.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Did the baby save you from your sins t8?

Or

Did the baby grow and BECOME your savior upon being made perfect through suffering and dying on the cross for your sins?

Simple question, please answer which one is true.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God sent his son into the world. He was sent into the world as the messiah. His baptism was not when I was saved, but through his death he provided the way of salvation to all, even to those who lived before him. God 8s not subject to time. His work through his son can save all, but not all are willing of course.. It is written that he was born as the Lord and messiah. This is what you need to understand, not that he wasn’t born the Christ as you teach.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Humility is what enabled you to claim to infallibly understand scripture?

Hopefully you will understand prophecy soon too.

Do you even hear yourself Nick. So funny.  Your saying humility enables us to understand scripture like you. Whereas, I am saying that scripture is true.

Let me tell you something. A humble person doesn’t brag about how humble they are. But you say we must be like you to derive a special meaning from scripture that only you seem to know about. Can you see how absurd you have been?

If it says Jesus Christ died for mankind, then indeed this is what happened. If it says God created the heavens and earth, then indeed this is what happened. If Jesus was born as the Lord and messiah, then indeed this is what happened. I don’t need to be humble like you allude to, in order to get the supposed correct understanding, which happens to suspiciously be exactly opposite to what is written.

I can only conclude that self-delusion is very deep and herin lies a lesson for all to learn from. In this way you have been a teacher though.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

By judging others for assumed pride you have frequently boasted of your humility.

You have also boasted of your inability to learn and change your ideas.

Now tell us of your understanding of the prophetic word.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You teach that Jesus Christ was not born in the city of David. You and some others teach that Jesus was not the Christ when he was found in the city of David. You say he was a man without the Spirit, even though a man who did have the Spirit declared like the angel that he indeed was looking at the messiah. So sad that you have changed things that are clearly written. Even worse, you teach them. People need to beware of your leaven.

Proclaimer
    Participant

By judging others for assumed pride you have frequently boasted of your humility

If frequent, then good, because it will be very easy for you to post an example of me boasting about my humility like I just did with you. I won’t hold my breath though.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Your blind allegiance to literalism robs you of so much.

Fortunately nobody seems to listen to your teachings anymore.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
    Did the baby save you from your sins t8?
    Or
    Did the baby grow and BECOME your savior upon being made perfect through suffering and dying on the cross for your sins?
    Simple question, please answer which one is true.

Me: It is not good to mock God.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/colossians/2-9.htm
    Col 2:9 (Bible Hub) For in him delves the fullness of the Deity (2320. theotés) bodily.

2320. theotés
    https://biblehub.com/greek/2320.htm

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God14 And the Word (joined) flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Me: The Word or God was in the child fully. The Word is God. The child grew in his bond with the Word. The Word did not grow. It was fully God to begin with. The human heart and mind is of the man. The mind God is the Word. Only one spirit (Eph 4:4) for Christ, the holy spirit.

New American Standard Bible

Heb 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His (God’s) nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet _____ because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Me: At this point the human Christ was not yet completely bonded with the Word as one person.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Me: At this point the Word and the lamb are one being after Christ’s ascension into heaven.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Me: The Word was the glory of his father from everlasting,

Truthcomber
    Participant

except for John 1:14, all phrases and words in the parenthesis are mine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

And all the teachings are your own too.

You would be better to hear and obey the TEACHER.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..following you logic , should we say that the prophets were also the same as Jesus?  Because scripture say clearly  THAT IN TIMES PAST GOD SPOKE TO US “by” THE PROPHETS, so tell us were they also the word of GOD, themselves as you say  Jesus was ?

Seening God spoke “BY” them also.

Heb 1:1-2…… God, who at Sunday times and in divers manner spake in times past unto the Fathers “by” the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us “by” his son, ……. do you see any difference there?

Now tell us in what way did God speak to us different in Jesus then in the prophets.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..when it comes to Jesus ‘ berth he was “EXACTLY” the same as us, he had to be to fulfill prophesy. You keep trying to make him different then us, the only spirit from God at berth,  was the same spirit we have from God at our berth,  JESUS was a flesh and blood human being “exact” in every way as we’re are when we are born.

He was not “morphed” from some other form of existence into a human body, as you assume he was.  He was the toot and offspring of King David just as he said he was. He grow up exactly as we do, and when he was around 32 years old he was “babtized” by JOHN at the Jordan river and the spirit of God decended upon him , and he became the MESSIAH OF GOD, and after that he was led by the spirit he recieved,  out into the wilderness to be tested, and after that he was sent out into the world to preach the gospel of the kingdom of God.

JUST THAT SIMPLE,  Nick, I , and Jodi, are right , he was not born a  Christ, he became the Christ at the Jordan river. He could do no mircles untill he had recieved the spirit of God, not so much as one ever mentioned in scriptures, done before his baptizm.

Peace and love to you and yours . ………gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You:

TC…..following you logic , should we say that the prophets were also the same as Jesus? Because scripture say clearly THAT IN TIMES PAST GOD SPOKE TO US “by” THE PROPHETS, so tell us were they also the word of GOD, themselves as you say Jesus was ?
    Seening God spoke “BY” them also.
    Heb 1:1-2…… God, who at Sunday times and in divers manner spake in times past unto the Fathers “by” the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us “by” his son, ……. do you see any difference there?
    Now tell us in what way did God speak to us different in Jesus then in the prophets.

Me: God spoke to us by his son. The prophets were not sons of God. The prophets became sons of God after Christ was glorified and after Pentecost when they received the promise, the baptism of the spirit. Then all can  become sons of God through Christ. That’s the big, big difference. Otherwise, there would have been no distinction made.

Or these versus would be something like this:

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, who were sons like Christ is a son.
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,…

Which they are not.  God spoke to the angels also.

5  For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

No, the prophets were not sons then but are now.  The angels were not sons of God the way the Messiah is The Son of God.  Neither were the prophets.  I find your understanding lacking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

You find the understanding of others lacking because you are enamoured with your Gnosticism.

You announce the meanings of scripture without proving their foundation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..So Jesus lied when he said we should pray “Our Father” which art in heaven? And where the bible say “AN ADAM THE “SON” OF GOD’.  And when Jesus said to them I am going to my father “and” Your father, my God “and” Your God. That was before pentocost when those words were spoken, there are even more “Your Father who is in heaven knows you have need of these things”, and even more, but you are desperate to make Jesus completely different from his brothers and sisters, but it seem Jesus never tried to make himself different or seperate from us,  saying over 60 times he is a son of man. Just as we are. Jesus had a complet different point of view then you it seem.

All who try to seperate Jesus from themselves will get what they want in the end IMO , I believe  he will say to those who make him different then themselves, depart from me you workers of iniquity I know you not, from whence you are?  Not seening Jesus as a fellow human being a son of man, as well as a son of God,   is dangerous ground in my opinion. His sacrifice is not really that of a perfected human being , but a “morphed”  creature of somekind, from some other place then the rest of us come from, he then could not qualify to take away any sin, much less the sins of the world,  if that were the case.

But go ahead and tell us how we are not the son of God, but he is.  I have shown where Jesus disagrees with what you are saying  now show us where he ever said we were not the sons of God nor just like him? How could he command us to overcome “even as I have” seening he was completely different then we are?

The Jesus christ you preach is not the Jesus Christ  of the bible IMO. But then JESUS did say that “MANY” would come in his name saying he was ? And decieve MANY.

Peace and love to you and yours ……..gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You:

TC…..So Jesus lied when he said we should pray “Our Father” which art in heaven? And where the bible say “AN ADAM THE “SON” OF GOD’.

Me: Gene, do you see any other human in directly or in reference to the OT that was called the son of God. Ever wonder why? Adam is called the son of God because he descended from no one but came into existence directly by God. Adam was not a son of God in the same vein that those after Pentecost are. He had not even eaten of the Tree of Life. How could he be a son of God in the same way that Christians are.

Let a Trinitarian explain:
    https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/7677/how-is-adam-son-of-god-in-luke-338
    I am not a Trinitarian. But many have better understanding of the bible than you do.

Also the angels are called the sons of God. It is for the same reason. They have no ancestors.
    https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Angels-As-Sons-Of-God

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.  They worship Christ. 

Me: Angels are not the sons of God in the same sense that men become the sons of God by being baptized of the holy spirit after Pentecost.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You: And when Jesus said to them I am going to my father “and” Your father, my God “and” Your God. That was before Pentecost when those words were spoken, there are even more “Your Father who is in heaven knows you have need of these things”, and even more, but you are desperate to make Jesus completely different from his brothers and sisters, but it seem Jesus never tried to make himself different or separate from us, saying over 60 times he is a son of man. Just as we are. Jesus had a complete different point of view then you it seem.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    https://biblehub.com/interlinear/hebrews/1-8.htm

Me: Click on the link above. Then click on “2136” above “God”.
    2316. theos:
    divinely (1), God (1267), god (6), God’s (27), God-fearing (1), godly (2), godly* (1), gods (8), Lord (1).
    1. a general appellation of deities or divinities:
    3. spoken of the only and true God:

Of course theos also has the definition below.
    4. Θεός is used of whatever can in any respect be likened to God, or resembles him in any way: Hebraistically, equivalent to God’s representative or vicegerent, of magistrates and judges,

But in light of

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

Me: We should strive to be like Christ, not want Christ to be like us.  He wants us to be like him.

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind. 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account