The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 3,801 through 3,820 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of presumption there Berean,

The Spirit bears good fruit.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: ME: I’d like to talk something out here with first highlighting some scriptures.

Luke  3: 21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, 

Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased…. 

Me: HOW ABOUT FIRST  HIGHLIGHTING THE SCRIPTURE HEREUNDER:

Luke3 2:49 And he said to them: How is it that you sought me? did you not know,

that I must be about my father’s business?

Explain THE ABOVE please, IF ACCORDING TO YOU JESUS WAS ANOINTED AT THE RIVER JORDAN,  how  Jesus, a mere child of twelve, anticipated God at the river Jordan and called

GOD HIS FATHER?

When with the exception of the prophets, no other ordinary Jew before Jesus, ever specifically called God his father!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Nick
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

As a faithful Jewish child Jesus grew up with teachings that taught all men were sons of God,

such as Ps 82.6

” I said,’ you  are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High’”

He knew the need for grace and would have sought it avidly.

He was filled with grace and truth..

Berean
    Participant

There is another sense in which it cannot be said that all people are children of God. Some are children of God and others are children of their father the devil (John 8:44).

👇

[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……..Even Satan was a child of God, because God created him, right? Scripture tells that when the children of God gathered Satan was also among them in the book of Job.

All creation is from God,  Nothing created is not from God. So God is the Father of all things both good and evil.  Or haven’t you ever read , “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things”.

Jesus was not telling them that their “real father” was the devil himself, but that there deeds were from the evil in them.   Jesus also said to Peter ….“get behind me Satan”   So according to your interpretations ,  then Satan must be the Father of Peter, right?  We have all had our part in evil at times in our lives, and were doing the works of Satan and perhaps still do, not even knowing it at times.

And by the way I have quoted many, many, direct scriptures to you over the years , but you just simply ignore them or try to twist them to meet your SDA point of view.  You’re being lead by the SDA, not by the SPIRIT OF TRUTH. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Berean………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus knew what he was saying knowing that these same Jews, GOD would allow them to have him put to death by the Romans to accomplish what had been announced by the ancient prophets. (In particular Isaiah)

Berean
    Participant

Momentarily Peter out of impulsiveness and sentimental love for Jesus did not want Jesus to be put to death and Jesus drove the devil out of his mind. But that does not make Peter a child of the devil like the religious Jewish leaders of Jesus’ day.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Jesus was addressing Satan or one of his minions not the man Peter.

Nick
    Participant

“What business do we have with each other Jesus, son of the most High God?

I appeal to you by God , do not torment me”

For he had been saying to him

”Come out of the man, you unclean spirit ! “

And he was asking

”What is your name?”

And he said to him

”My name is legion for we are many”

Mk 5 1f

A conversation between Jesus and the demons in the human vessel.

Nick
    Participant

If folks can grasp that demons can use human vessels to speak,

why do they struggle with God speaking through his created vessels?

” Before Abraham I am”

It utterly confused the Jewish audience but should those who are reborn from above share that confusion?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Yes demons can speak through the mouths of those they possess , even as God the Father can speak through the mouths of those he is in.  Both thing are possible and are shown to have been done in scriptures.  IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

@nick

If folks can grasp that demons can use human vessels to speak,

why do they struggle with God speaking through his created vessels?

” Before Abraham I am”

Lol. So this is how you nullify this verse.

When the Father referred to the Son he said:

“This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased!”.

If God spoke through me Nick and the words that came out were:

“I am God”.

Would that be blasphemy or would it be God speaking through me.

Funny how you do not see that in scripture where men spoke: “I am God” even though God spoke through them.

No, they said, “this is what God says…”.

Jesus didn’t say: “God says before Abraham I am”.

Nope.

JESUS SAID: “BEFORE ABRAHAM I AM”.

Deal with it and stop making excuses.

Nick
    Participant

In these last days God has  spoken through His Son.

did you hear Him PC?

Heb 1

carmel
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You:

Hi Carmel, As a faithful Jewish child Jesus grew up with teachings that taught all men were sons of God,

such as Ps 82.6

He knew the need for grace and would have sought it avidly.

He was filled with grace and truth..

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?

50And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

It is clear enough that His parents were not of the same opinion as yours!

Read again Jesus’ words

How is it that ye sought me?

wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?

You: Hi Carmel, As a faithful Jewish child Jesus grew up with teachings that taught all men were sons of God,

WHAT BUSINESS?

WHAT ACCORDING TO YOU THE ABOVE REPLY BY JESUS HAVE TO DO WITH

Ps 82.6

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Nick
    Participant

Hi C

It seems that even at that tender age Jesus had tapped into wisdom that was beyond the level of his parents.
    His Father fed him.
    He was filled  with grace and truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….When any vessel is “filled” with something,  it is filled “from outside of it’s self”. Jesus was “filled from outside himself with the “Spirit of God” by God , the same thing applies to all who have the Spirit of God “in” them. We are vessels that God can fill with his Spirit and even Speak “directly through us” any time he chooses to. 

peace and love to you and yours Carmel……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer…….The word “before” used there was had nothing to do with Jesus being “alive”  before Abraham was,  but Jesus was simply telling them that he was more important  to them then Abraham was.  The Jew had a big problem, thinking they were special,  because of their tie to Abraham, and Jesus was simple telling them that he was,  ” more important to them, than Abraham was”. That he was “before ” him in “importance ‘. That was the only point Jesus was making there,  The Jew’s,   “naturally” took it different,  as they did so many other thing Jesus told them,  Even as you do .  They tried that with John,  and what did John tell them, ? “God could even  raise up  stones to Abraham if he wanted to.” , that was a big problem with the Jew’s then,  and even now is.  

peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer……….gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

We can see the shutters going up  and contempt for the offerings of others very easily.

When did you lose the ability to listen and become a law unto yourself?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I’ve opposed lies for quite a while now @nick. Scripture says this and liars say that.

God did not say, “Before Abraham, I am”.

No, Jesus said it.

Read it yourself.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

So let’s not pretend that it was someone else that said it.

JESUS SAID IT in the context about himself. The Jews were not asking about God, but Jesus.

Nick, you use to let scripture speak and figure out what it meant and how it all fitted together. Now you are no better than a Trinitarian or Catholic who has their own doctrine and forces all scriptures to fit inside that.

What happened to you Nick? You have been blinded by tradition. You have placed your own understanding before the word of God.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

”You are the Christ, the son of the living God”

who said that?

Peter?

Jesus said to him

”Blessed are you Simon Barjona. Because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father Who is in heaven..”

Why are you so slow to recognise the work of God among men?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,801 through 3,820 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account