The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,021 through 6,040 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Yes .
    The flesh contributes nothing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    He never sinned so God did not let his body corrupt?
    Did you draw this conclusion by yourself or is it written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God is Holy.
    The Spirit of Christ is of and one with the Spirit of God

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,
    God is the father of Jesus by His Holy Spirit.
    Then God anointed Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit and power.
    The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. We have touched and handled the Word.

Hi Nick,

Yes, “The Word” became flesh inside Jesus at Jesus’ baptism with the HolySpirit (at the Jordan river).
    Jesus said: the words he spoke were *SPIRIT* – thus “The Word” is “The Spirit”, the “HolySpirit”, Jesus’ Father.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God is Holy.
    The Spirit of Christ is of and one with the Spirit of God

Yes Nick,

A Son (the spirit of Christ) is very much like his Father (the HolySpirit).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    And that sonship happened at the Jordan.
    His conception did not give Jesus exclusive sonship to God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,
    You are confident in your personal interpretation?

Acts 4:2Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

2 being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Acts 17:32Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

Acts 23:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.

Acts 24:21Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

21 except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

How much is the lack of corruption spoken of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    All the bodies of those who die in Christ corrupt in the grave.
    Or have you heard of some which do not?

But Hades cannot hold them either.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Bodies take time to corrupt, even one smelling in five days would be in hotter weather. Humidity helps to cause them to corrupt faster. I, like most, have had love ones die and viewed their bodies after the event and I did not notice any corruption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The people of the time of Jesus expected an odour of corruption from the body of Lazarus.
    The process begins within minutes.

Funeral directors have ways of making it less apparent

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    And that sonship happened at the Jordan.
    His conception did not give Jesus exclusive sonship to God.

No Nick,

Jesus’ Sonship happened at birth (Matt 1:18, Matt 1:20, Luke 1:35),
    Jesus’ baptism (as God’s anointed leader) with the HolySpirit was at Jordan (Acts 10:38).

http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

So he was not a son from conception?

He was a son of God and Mary.

Only at the Jordan did he become a son of God alone by the Spirit

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj…….Some believe as you that JESUS was a son of God from his birth, there is reason to believe that because God supplied his male DNA, and he could be called a son from that stand point, another point is that ADAM was also called a Son of God, Luke 3:38, so in that sense yes he could well be called a son of God in a physical sense, but not in a spritual sense, just as Adam could not be called a son of God in a spritual sense either, just in a physical sense.

But speaking in a spritual sense it was at the Jordan river he became the begotten son of God, the voice of God out of heaven said, “thou art my son “THIS DAY” I have “BEGOTTEN” you. So you can see that after the spirit decended from God to him he then spiritually became a spritual Son of God. Remember no mircales are recorded done through Jesus until after the Jordan event, and from there he was sent out into the world to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

So I believe Jesus was a physical son of God as well as a spritual son of God. There has been great controversy in religion over the question as to the time when Jesus became a son of God.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

(1)So he was not a son from conception?

(2)He was a son of God and Mary.

(3)Only at the Jordan did he become a son of God alone by the Spirit

Hi Nick,

1) Yes he was the Son of God from his conception (only-begotten).
    2) No, He was “the Son of God” and “a son of Mary” (see Mark 6:3).

3) You may believe that, but that is not what Scripture teaches.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

MONOGENES does not specify that he was anointed at conception or birth.

Mary is his true physical mother.

Are you also a son of God?

Is God your physical father?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The people of the time of Jesus expected an odour of corruption from the body of Lazarus.
    The process begins within minutes.

Funeral directors have ways of making it less apparent

Environment makes a difference.

John 11:39Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Jesus died in the Spring and was only dead from just before Friday Evening to sometime Sunday morning. In all about a day and a half. Putrefaction most likely did not even set in yet.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-rate-of-decay-in-a-corpse.html

Putrefaction follows a predetermined timetable in nature and after the first 36 hours the neck, the abdomen, the shoulders and the head begin to turn a discoloured green.

Your doctrine:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a4p3.htm

627 Christ’s death was a real death in that it put an end to his earthly human existence. But because of the union which the person of the Son retained with his body, his was not a mortal corpse like others, for “it was not possible for death to hold him”470 and therefore “divine power preserved Christ’s body from corruption.”471 Both of these statements can be said of Christ: “He was cut off out of the land of the living”,472 and “My flesh will dwell in hope. For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, nor let your Holy One see corruption.”473 Jesus’ Resurrection “on the third day” was the sign of this, also because bodily decay was held to begin on the fourth day after death.474

They do not even have the timing correct as Jesus was dead on three days not for three whole days.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You say you know better than those who lived there?

Can you judge scripture by reason??

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am going by the observation of those that make a practice of knowing these things. Looking at the time line these people gave me Lazarus was dead long enough for purification to set in and Jesus was not.

It is your teaching and that of the Catholic Church I am judging not Scripture. Under normal circumstances Putrefaction occurs after 36 hours and according to Scripture Jesus was dead about 36 hours.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    From men then?
    Are they more trustworthy than what is written?

Ed J
    Participant

“thou art my son “THIS DAY” I have “BEGOTTEN” you.

Hi Gene,

How exactly is he the “ONLY-BEGOTTEN” then?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,021 through 6,040 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account