The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,881 through 5,900 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant
    kerwin wrote:

Ed J,

Then would you call my body me?

Yep

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

The body is just a house.

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

just think if a person is blind,and disfigured and without limbs ,i am sure  he is  not truly himself  ,but it is the person inside that as to be seen ,

not the box ,but men like to see the out side for that to them is what matters ,this judgment hi condemned by Christ for it is false

Camillia
    Participant

According to the scriptures; God is a spirit and God has a spirit. How do you understand that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cm,

Does it need to be understood?

Camillia
    Participant

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Hi Cm,

Hi Nick, could you please elaborate of your  reply a bit.

</div>

Camillia
    Participant

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Hi Cm,

Hi Nick, could you please elaborate on your  reply a bit.

</div>

terraricca
    Participant

Camilla

if God is spirit ,this means that he is made to be invisible to men ,but his spirit meaning his very own being  is also spirit just like ours but in a reduced way ,

and for those reasons we have to worship him in spirit ; but in absolute truth,

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Terraricca. I think i understand what you are meaning.

terraricca
    Participant

Camillia

Good

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You defined the Holy Spirit as a human attribute in a recent post.

That did not come from God so who are you speaking for?

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

God is love and we are to worship him in that spirit and truth.

terraricca
    Participant

KERWIN

God is love and we are to worship him in that spirit and truth.

BUT LOVE IS NOT THE ONLY THING GOD HAS ,AND SO YOU CANNOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS IT ; AND YOU DO NOT SHOW THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE LOVE OF GOD ,

SURE SCRIPTURES ARE SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT ;WHAT DOES IT MEAN WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT ?
    AND YES WE ALSO HAVE TO WORSHIP GOD IN TRUTH ;OF CAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT THEIR ARE TWO TRUTH ;1) YOURS 2) GOD’S

SO WE HAVE TO CHOSE WHICH ONE WE WANT TO FOLLOW RIGHT ?

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I believe that the clause God is love is equivalent to the statement God is spirit because John also tells us those who love have been fathered by God. Love is also the sum of the law. So it seems clear that God is love as John teaches us and we will to worship him in love and truth if we are his children.

terraricca
    Participant

K

I believe that the clause God is love is equivalent to the statement God is spirit because

DT 31:6 “ Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.”

PS 7:11 God is a righteous judge,

PS 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,

PS 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth;

PS 68:20 God is to us a God of deliverances;
    And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death.

PS 77:13 Your way, O God, is holy;
    What god is great like our God?

PR 30:5
    Every word of God is tested;
    He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him

“Surely your God is a God of gods and a Lord of kings

NA 1:2
    A jealous and avenging God is the LORD;
    The LORD is avenging and wrathful.
    The LORD takes vengeance on His adversaries,
    And He reserves wrath for His enemies

MK 1:15 and saying, “ The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

AC 10:34 Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality,

RO 11:23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

1TH 2:5 For we never came with flattering speech, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed— God is witness—

ISA 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation,

PS 116:5
    Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
    Yes, our God is compassionate.

YOU SEE KERWIN GOD IS ALL THOSE THINGS AND MORE SO THE WORD LOVE IS ONLY ONE WORD ,BUT THEIR ARE MANY MORE BUT ALL ARE DONE IN THE LOVE OF GOD , BIG DIFFERENCE RIGHT ?YES

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I am going by what John wrote on these. Even then I tend to think truth is part of love. Still there is worldly love that is not true. Truth without love falls short God’s word.

If I understand Scripture then everything that is important to worship God is summed up in godly love, Romans 13:9 and Galatians 5:14.

terraricca
    Participant

K

IF YOU PICK JOHN AND SO LEAVE THE OTHER SCRIPTURES IF SEEMS YOU ARE A PHARISEE ;THEY AS WELL DID AS THEY PLEASED WITH THE LAW ,
    BUT THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS IN TRUTH ,ONLY WITH YOU AND YOUR OPINIONS ,

Ro 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.
    Ro 13:9 The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Ro 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
    Ro 13:11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
    Ro 13:12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
    Ro 13:13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.
    Ro 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with (WHITE ROBE) the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Rev 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
    Rev 7:10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
    “Salvation belongs to our God,
    who sits on the throne,
    and to the Lamb

Rev 7:14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”
    And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb

kerwin
    Participant

T,

IF YOU PICK JOHN AND SO LEAVE THE OTHER SCRIPTURES IF SEEMS YOU ARE A PHARISEE ;THEY AS WELL DID AS THEY PLEASED WITH THE LAW ,
    BUT THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS IN TRUTH ,ONLY WITH YOU AND YOUR OPINIONS ,

John chose to leave off those other things you desire to bring up but he did not. Is he a pharisee for doing so?

In case you believe John’s words did not cover all that was needful I included the statement:

If I understand Scripture then everything that is important to worship God is summed up in godly love, Romans 13:9 and Galatians 5:14.

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

k

John chose to leave off those other things you desire to bring up but he did not. Is he a pharisee for doing so?

In case you believe John’s words did not cover all that was needful I included the statement:

let close the scriptures and only take that verse for it save us and that is really what we want right or you want right ?

and so kerwin the chief teacher as now spoken ; John chose to leave off those other things you desire to bring up but he did not. Is he a pharisee for doing so?

In case you believe John’s words did not cover all that was needful I included the statement:Gal 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Lev 19:18 “ ‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

this is a law in the old covenant ;

it seem you cannot understand ;so stick to your unique verse of old and young T

kerwin
    Participant

T,

How do you think Lev 19:18 relates to Romans 13:9 and Galatians 5:14?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,881 through 5,900 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account