The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 04 2012,10:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,00:33)

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 04 2012,06:28)
    Sometimes I wonder myself in what is Jesus different from you and me.

And do you wonder the same thing about the God of Jesus?

Mike,

Yes…………………..

So you seriously wonder how God Almighty is different than YOU? ???

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 03 2012,09:35)

Quote (david @ Mar. 02 2012,15:00)
    Ed, I know I have asked this about 6 or 7 times, but if you believe that the holy spirit is God, I assume you have a file with scriptures in it, a list perhaps to explain this.

Or, is it really just the 2 scriptures that you interpret to hint at this belief?  I really would like to see all the scriptures listed together.  It shouldn't take that long and I would assume you would want to do this.

Hi David,

I have gave you only two verses so far and you seem
    to have trouble keeping the discussion of each of them separate.
    It is therefore best to discuss them one at a time as you first suggested.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

EVIDENCE

ED, when I do research, I find it best to look at and see all of the evidence in one place. Maybe something will click. Then, we could discuss one scripture at a time, which i greatly prefer, rather than flip flopping back and forth.

However, you just don't want to provide the evidence. (And, if you can provide any evidence, please don't include the number stuff…just scriptures, with a brief explanation after each scripture explaining why the verse is included in your evidence.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Mar. 04 2012,10:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,07:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,11:51)
    Hi David,
    The second Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit.
    Of course when he was raised in his old tent that had not yet happened.

I agree, Nick.  But the scriptural fact is that Jesus IS a spirit now – with which I think you agree.

The last 4 comments by nick all look like they disagree with me, but don't really.  Yes, Nick, the point I am making, if you follow the thread is that JESUS IS A SPIRIT.  You agree.  Fantastic.  Tell carmel and Ed, and Barley.

The difference, David, is that Nick and I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead in his original body first. Then, most likely upon his ascension to heaven, that body was transformed into the spiritual body he now has.

The reason that I believe this is because in Luke 24:37, Jesus clearly tells his disciples that he is NOT a spirit.

Yet we know he BECAME a spirit at some point. And we know that the flesh and bone he showed the disciples cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

So while the when of it all is speculation on my part, the fact is that Jesus was NOT a spirit after he was raised from the dead, but he IS one now.

Anyway, this is off topic.

david
    Participant

I will also give you a simple scenario:

Ed said, “Mike, my name is NOT Ed!”

Mike replied, “Ed, you are lying to MY FACE!”

Then David asked, “Ed, why would you lie to MIKE?”

Ed, my face is not ME, yet by lying TO MY FACE, you simultaneously lied to ME.  Are you able to understand this simple concept?

MIKE, the actual truth is, if Ed has lived in society, and around any other people, he does in fact understand it, but cannot admit it, as it is detrimental to the belief he is trying to….well, I hate to say “trying to prove” as he refuses to make a case or show all the evidence.

All he can keep saying is that it is a FACT that someone lied to the holy spirit, and in parallel it says they lied to God.

But, you and I can create a million similar FACTS such as:
    “HE CUT MY FINGER.  HE CUT ME.”

Now, if Ed thinks that the God is the holy spirit in the same sense that my finger is me, then….I guess he's not as wrong as I previously thought ABOUT HIS IDEA, but he is VERY WRONG about a much simpler, more general idea, one that people understand–

The part is not the whole.  It is a part “of” the whole.  It may represent the whole.  We may therefore speak of it in the same way as the whole.  But the part is not the whole.:blues:

david

david
    Participant

Mike, although I'd like to speak on Luke 24, it is off topic and I'm really trying to stay on topic, and I think I may have actually started a thread on it, but simply can't find it. Frustrating.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yup. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Mar. 04 2012,11:01)
    Mike, although I'd like to speak on Luke 24, it is off topic and I'm really trying to stay on topic, and I think I may have actually started a thread on it, but simply can't find it.  Frustrating.

Yeah, let me know if you do find it. Or start another one if you can't. That way we can discuss it in the proper thread.

david
    Participant

I think I have to start another thread. I do understand what you say about Luke. There are just so many other things in scripture. Either way, it's puzzling. I'll start a new thread. People will hate it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bob's your uncle! :D

david
    Participant

Tell someone that has a picture of your face
    that it is not you and see how far this logic will get you.

–ed.

Ed, if asked if this picture is “you,” people will look and say “yes” but they understand the question to be:

Is this a picture (representation) of me? ((We take short cuts in speech, and people who know the language understand them. People who are learning the language get confused.)) And so they answer “yes.” If they believed that you thought the picture was you, they would probably run away in fear. I would.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was fathered by God through God's Spirit.
    God only manifests on tiny earth as His Spirit.

But God spoke about His Son after his rebirth at the Jordan.
    His family shares His Spirit.[Eph 3.15]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,12:40)
    Hi,
    Jesus was fathered by God through God's Spirit.
    God only manifests on tiny earth as His Spirit.

But God spoke about His Son after his rebirth at the Jordan.
    His family shares His Spirit.[Eph 3.15]

N

Jesus was never reborn at the Jordan,give me a scripture??

he was Born the son of God ,or are you against the scriptures ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You mean at Bethlehem.
    No he was born there of God and Mary.

He was born of God alone at the Jordan

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,13:17)
    Hi T,
    You mean at Bethlehem.

N

show me scritptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    What do you not understand?
    That Jesus was conceived?

It is written

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,03:59)

Quote (david @ Mar. 04 2012,10:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,07:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,11:51)
    Hi David,
    The second Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit.
    Of course when he was raised in his old tent that had not yet happened.

I agree, Nick.  But the scriptural fact is that Jesus IS a spirit now – with which I think you agree.

The last 4 comments by nick all look like they disagree with me, but don't really.  Yes, Nick, the point I am making, if you follow the thread is that JESUS IS A SPIRIT.  You agree.  Fantastic.  Tell carmel and Ed, and Barley.

The difference, David, is that Nick and I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead in his original body first.  Then, most likely upon his ascension to heaven, that body was transformed into the spiritual body he now has.

The reason that I believe this is because in Luke 24:37, Jesus clearly tells his disciples that he is NOT a spirit.

Yet we know he BECAME a spirit at some point.  And we know that the flesh and bone he showed the disciples cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

So while the when of it all is speculation on my part, the fact is that Jesus was NOT a spirit after he was raised from the dead, but he IS one now.

Anyway, this is off topic.

The difference, David, is that Nick and I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead in his original body first

Mike,

1 Corinthians 44 states that Jesus was raised in spiritual body,which it is a complete different glorified substance,both visisble in flesh and bones,and invisisble as spirit.

Jesus maintaines the three entities of SPIRIT,SOUL, AND FLESH BODY,BUT UNITED AS ONE FOR ETERNITY THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT,but no blood involved.

HOW ON EARTH GOD THE FATHER WOULD CONSIDER HIMSELF GLORIFIED IN A MORTAL BLOOD SUBSTANCE LIKE THE ONE JESUS HAD?

The original body contains blood,and blood is a mortal substance and without life.Only the Spirit has life the flesh counts for nothing.

It doesn't make sens to die in a mortal substance and in the same time  glorify in the same substance in order to be eternal.

Jesus was never distinguished,as proof that He was never in the same body which He died in.

Only when Jesus allowed Himself to be recognized it was possible for His disciples to do so.

Jesus walked and talked for quite a while with them,on the road to Emmaus,and they never were aware of Him.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

which was never eternal substance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    I presume you mean 1 Cor 15.44
    Jesus was brought back from the grave as promised.
    That was not his raising up from the earth which we hope to follow

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,13:20)
    Hi T,
    What do you not understand?
    That Jesus was conceived?

It is written

N

you still teach lies,that is why you run away from scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So you say.
    But you are young in truth

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,16:18)
    Hi T,
    So you say.
    But you are young in truth

N

am I Nick ?????

so answer the question if you are more mature in scriptures ;

Jesus was never reborn at the Jordan,give me a scripture??

he was Born the son of God ,or are you against the scriptures

Eph 3:14 For this reason I kneel before the Father,
    Eph 3:15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
    Eph 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
    Eph 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith

this verse shows that Christ dwells in our hearts by faith

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account