The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,301 through 5,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,19:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,12:28)
    Not that question.  The one about how the scriptures you keep posting explain that God anointed Jesus with God.

Hi Mike,

Matt 3:11-12 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I,
    whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the HolySpirit, and with fire: Whose fan is
    in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn
    up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

(2Cor.6:16) “For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said,
    I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God,
    and they shall be my people.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

The question still remains, Ed.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the HolySpirit and with power:
    who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil;
    for God was with (in more term “IN”) him.

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the
    world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;
    and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the
    Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of
    myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Ed. I've already seen the scriptures you keep posting. The question remains the same: How do those scriptures teach us that God ANOINTED Jesus with GOD?

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,01:52)
    Yes Ed.  I've already seen the scriptures you keep posting.  The question remains the same:  How do those scriptures teach us that God ANOINTED Jesus with GOD?

How do those scriptures teach us that God ANOINTED Jesus with GOD?

Mike,

I will ask you a simple question.

How WE CORRUPTED MORTAL HUMANS ESPECIALLY A BLIND person like you can see the work of God,OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN WRITING.???

If the Spirit of God the Father,or to eliminate playing with words since it is your art,

IF THE FATHER,WHO IS ONLY A SPIRIT BEING IS IN THE SON,WHO IS JESUS CHRIST AS HUMAN, ESTABLISHED BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,BOTH IN HIS SOUL,AND IN HIS FLESH FROM A SPIRIT EMANATED FROM THE SAME GENUINE SUBSTANCE OF THE FATHER, HOW ON EARTH CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THE HUMAN BEING JESUS CHRIST IS ANOINTED,SINCE HE IS A MAN AND IN FULL POWER OF GOD THE FATHER???

Are not these scriptures clear enough as proof that Jesus came out from GOD???

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I CAME OUT FROM GOD. 28 I CAME FORTH from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

TWICE JESUS MADE IT CLEAR “I CAME OUT FROM GOD” AND “I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER”

WHAT DO YOU CALL JESUS SINCE IN NOTHING THE FATHER CAN ABIDE WITHIN IF IT IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE EQUIVALENT TO HIM IN EVERY SENSE ???

WOULD YOU NOT CALL HIM GOD MAN???

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

All things in creation came forth from the Father, Charles. Why should Jesus be any different?

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,11:26)
    All things in creation came forth from the Father, Charles.  Why should Jesus be any different?

All things in creation came forth from the Father, Charles.  Why should Jesus be any different?

MIKE,

YES you are right even you came out from the Father,and there's no difference at all between you and Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I wonder myself in what is Jesus different from you and me.

Why all this shouting by Paul that the Father was well pleased to have all his fullness in Jesus.

Why not in you??? there's nothing different after all!!!

carmel
    Participant

Mike,

I agree that all the entire creation came out from the Father, but have you got through scripture some know how of it to prevent us from saying what you have just stated that Jesu is nothing different from all creation,considerring the fact that creation would end,and Jesus is  glorified with God Almighty in spiritual flesh for eternity??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 04 2012,06:28)

And do you wonder the same thing about the God of Jesus?

Btw, I coulnd't make heads nor tails out of your last post. I do know that I've never read in scripture about any “spiritual flesh”.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,00:33)

Btw, I coulnd't make heads nor tails out of your last post.  I do know that I've never read in scripture about any “spiritual flesh”.

Btw, I coulnd't make heads nor tails out of your last post.  I do know that I've never read in scripture about any “spiritual flesh  

Mike,

Jesus confirmed that He was not a spirit,and also he confirmed that He possesses flesh and bones,but not blood since flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom.

So Jesus possesses a spiritual body composed only of spiritual flesh and bones  it is called so presumably through the process of the spiritual power.

This is also to confirm that life is in the Spirit and flesh counts for nothing.

In Corintians Paul also confirmed that we will be raised in spiritual body,and also that there are both spiritual,and natural body.

Again reflecting God created both a spiritual world,and a natural world,but on the last day of the lord Jesus would unified them in one body of both spiritual and natural therefore spiritual flesh body.

Have you got another definition???

Luke 24:39 See my hands and feet, that it is I myself; handle, and see: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as you see me to have.

1 Corinthians 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 04 2012,09:44)
    Have you got another definition???

Absolutely. You can read all about it in my “Do spirits have bodies?” thread.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,00:33)

Btw, I coulnd't make heads nor tails out of your last post.  I do know that I've never read in scripture about any “spiritual flesh”.

Mike,

Yes,simply because only God in ,through and with Jesus, created and redeemed the entire creation,and on the last day only in Jesus Almighty God would be manifested and own a spiritual body.

Then you yourself would say :

After all JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY, HE IS DIFFERENT FROM ME AND HE WILL WIPE YOUR TEARS???

JOHN 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father

I SHALL SHOW YOU PLAINLY OF THE FATHER

david
    Participant

Hi Barley,

I Corinthians 15:44

“It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.”

I think the next verse sheds some light:

1 cor 15:45:

New International Version (©1984)
    So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam–that is, Christ–is a life-giving Spirit.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    This, indeed, is what is written: “The first man, Adam, became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    Thus also it is written: “Adam the first man was a living soul; the last Adam – The Life Giver Spirit.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    This is what Scripture says: “The first man, Adam, became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a life-giving spirit.

American King James Version
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

American Standard Version
    So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    The first man Adam was made into a living soul; the last Adam into a quickening spirit.

They all say the same thing as far as I can tell.

Do you not think that Christ is the “last Adam”?
    Note, it doesn't say the last Adam became a “spiritual body.” It says a “spirit.”

Perhaps, if you look at both these verses, which are tied together, you may understand that a “spirit” has a spiritual body.”

I know if you check a dictionary, it will give a body a definition of bones and flesh, etc. But, in the Bible we find the words: “spiritual body.” Clearly, a dictionary standard definition does not fit here.

Is the last Adam Christ, Barley? If so, it definitely, very clearly, in every translation I check, says he became a “spirit.”

david
    Participant

God is spirit, no body involved.

Jesus Christ now, and us in the future, has a spiritual body.

–barley.

Barely, pick any Bible. Then read 1 Cor 15:44 and 45 together.

there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”e; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

The “so” connects the thought of the previous verse, doesn't it?
    natural body, spiritual body.–First man Adam, living being, last Adam (Christ) a spirit.

david
    Participant

God is spirit, no body is involved.

Keep that straight and you'll learn more.

Well whoever you think the “last Adam” is, he is also said to be a “spirit” so apparently, has no body either. If you don't think it's Christ, say so.
    But being that it is Christ, and being that he is called a “spirit” and being that everyone here seems to agree he is “holy,” the same case could be made that Jesus is the holy spirit, as God being the holy spirit, IF we think just putting those words together is good proof.

So, we have the two scriptures, neither of which prove what Ed wants them to prove, and we have the fact that we can call God “holy” and “spirit” just as we can Jesus. What great proof is this?

david
    Participant

carmel, you say:

Barley,

I agree,

Jesus is the first sinless Man God who was glorified in SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY,AND HE CAN BECOME BOTH VISISBLE AND INVISIBLE BECAUSE HE ACQUIRED A COMPLETE DIFFERENT SPIRITUAL TRANSFORMATION IN HIS DEAD FLESH AND BLOOD BODY.

All we know is that the Bible calls him a “spirit.” See above.

If you remember, angels materialized fleshly bodies from time to time if you remember. Regardless, the Bible says “spirit” with reference to the last Adam. Do you not think this is Christ? Or, what am I missing? How unclear is that word, “spirit”? I checked 30 Bibles. They all say the same word.

david
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,07:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,11:51)
    Hi David,
    The second Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit.
    Of course when he was raised in his old tent that had not yet happened.

I agree, Nick.  But the scriptural fact is that Jesus IS a spirit now – with which I think you agree.

The last 4 comments by nick all look like they disagree with me, but don't really. Yes, Nick, the point I am making, if you follow the thread is that JESUS IS A SPIRIT. You agree. Fantastic. Tell carmel and Ed, and Barley.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 03 2012,08:32)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 02 2012,09:55)
    David,

Ed will vouch for me on this:  Almost every discussion I've ever had with Ed eventually comes down to where you are with him in this discussion.

There comes a point when you just keep repeating, “It is the Spirit OF God, and therefore not God Himself.”  To which he'll just keep responding, “When are you going to prove your point C”?

When we reach this point in our discussions, as Ed will attest, I tell him it's time for me to walk away once again, because he has once again turned into the little boy who keeps insisting the grass is blue and the sky is green, no matter how much proof there is to the contrary.

His last response to me was, “What if the moon is made out of cheese?”  ???  How do I respond to that nonsense?

And his recent responses to you are his attempt to win by default, because you are a JW, and of course we all know JWs are “bad” and “a cult” and “totally wrong about scripture”, right?  :)  So he is trying to move the discussion away from the Holy Spirit point that he lost, and on to a discussion about the flaws of the JWs, where he knows he'll have plenty here willing to jump on the hate bandwagon.

Bottom line, he cannot possibly address the possession point that the Bible so clearly illustrates.  He now knows he can't address it, but doesn't want to “lose”, so any further discussion with him about it will be an effort in futility for you.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Hi Mike,

So far me and David are discussing “TWO” verses:

1. Lied to HolySpirit = lied to God; is what the verses says.
    To which David says is weak and then he goes into story telling,
        making up scenarios in an attempt to prove his belief is correct.

2. Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which
    corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much
    rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

This allows ONLY for TWO positions for the “HolySpirit”,
    either “A” or “B”; “C” requires evidence on your part.

A. The “Father of Spirits” is the “HolySpirit”.

B. The HolySpirit is one of the “spirits”(?) that the Father of Spirits is the father of.  

C. The HolySpirit doesn't apply(?) to Heb.12:9.     

Are you Not claiming that The HolySpirit doesn't apply(?) to Heb.12:9.
    Certainly I have made the point that “A” and “B” are the ONLY two possibilities.

If you suggest “C” is a possibility, then what evidence do you have to support this claim?
    Do you still not understand my point? WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIM OF “C”?

David has offered NO evidence whatsoever to support “C”.
    We still have many more verses to discuss, but both you and
    David seem to be bogged down on just these two verses so far.

1) Making up scenarios about Acts 5:3-4 doesn't prove your point.
    2) And David has continually ignored my VALID point about Heb.12:9.
    This is where we stand on theses two verses we have discussed so far.

SO WHAT, IF ANY, EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT “C”?

God bless

David has offered NO evidence whatsoever to support “C”.

Umm?

If 100 scriptures showing that God's holy spirit is something he possesses, AND THEREFORE, not something he is Father of, the most basic, simplest logic, then again, no, I have provided no evidence.
    I personally, think scriptures and irrefutable logic IS good evidence. Simply repeating propaganda that I haven't provided evidence is ABSURD.

ED, IT IS HIGHLY WEIRD/BIZARRE FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE “FATHER” OF THEIR ARM, THEIR FINGER, ETC.
    So, THIS is why I see the holy spirit as not fitting into this scripture.

I've said this many many times. If you think that you, for example, can be called the Father of your elbow, then let me know, but so far, you haven't even touched what I've said, other than to dismiss it, and say I have provided no evidence.

EVIDENCE: THE WAY WORDS WORK ED! THEY HAVE MEANING.

david
    Participant

Hi David,

Acts 5:3-4 (Point #1 HolySpirit is God)

1) The entirety of my DNA coding is contained in my finger.
    You have yet to address this FACT concerning my finger.

OK, So what are you saying: That you can make another YOU with the DNA contained in your finger?
    Ed, if I took your DNA code and created another person with that very code, would I have another YOU?
    This second person wouldn't have the same memory, experiences, character, beliefs, etc. They might be disposed to having the sme characteristics, tendencies, etc. But they would know different things, believe different things.

Your DNA is not YOU. It is the DNA “of” you. If ALL you are was DNA, then YOU would be the DNA.

Anyway, you didn't explain how DNA of you being contained in your finger helps anything you've said, so if you still think that DNA in your finger makes your finger “You” you should perhaps attempt an explanation.

david

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 03 2012,09:29)

Quote (david @ Mar. 02 2012,14:52)
    Jehovah (YHWH/YHVH) is God

david

Hi David,

“YHVH is God”(117)  =  “Spirit of God”(117)  =  (117)יהוה האלהים  =  “God The Father”(117)

God's Signature  
                                           Proof of God=117
          GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
                   YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
                   Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
                   HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
                   God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

God bless
    (The thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)
    (Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?)

Carmel and Barley.

Do you consider Ed's proof, proof? I really think Ed might be basing this whole thing on his number system.

But I wonder how you 2 came to this idea?

david
    Participant

More FAKE stories used to prove a real one?
    Here are the facts concerning Acts 5:3-4…

Lie to the “HolySpirit” equals lied to God.
    And here are more facts that you have swept under the rug…

Yes, Ed, that is a FACT.

Here is a parallel FACT:

“IF YOU CUT MY FINGER, YOU CUT ME.”

YES, it's a fact that they lied to the holy spirit, and it says they lied to God.
    But if someone cut my finger, it would be a fact that:
    “They cut my finger, they cut me.”

What makes this FAKE story (which is every day normal logic/language) so interesting, is that in the Bible,

GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT IS CALLED HIS FINGER!

Viewing 20 posts - 5,301 through 5,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account