The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,17:29)
    And saying that your elbow IS you, is just wrong.

It's like saying that a button is a jacket.

We all know why you have to make this ridiculous claim.  What choice do you have?  Make this absurd claim or abandon this belief of yours.  You know, in the psychological ash experiment, people actually convince themselves that something they know is wrong, is right.  In that instance, it's partly because of pride and not wanting to look like you don't know what you are talking about.

Hi David,

Are you finally beginning to see your reflection?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,17:37)
    Eds elbow, if you are reading this, I would like you to give Ed a message for me…

What am I saying?  Elbow, you are Ed!  So, no need to give this message to Ed, elbow.

Elbow, I do wonder how you are reading this?  

Ed / Elbow, if I stepped on your toe, would both of you, or the one of you notice?  WAIT!  elbow, you don't have a toe.  How can I step on your toe, elbow?  

Make believe is fun.  I do understand the fascination with it.

Hi David,

Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by
    that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure
    of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

God bless

david
    Participant

Elbow, “a couple pages back I pointed out that you never actually tried to make a case for this.  I asked you to.  It's so bizarre to me that you want others to believe this, but you make very little attempt to prove it.”

david
    Participant

Are you Not claiming that The HolySpirit doesn't apply(?) to Heb.12:9.
    Certainly I have made the point that “A” and “B” are the ONLY two possibilities.

If you suggest “C” is a possibility, then what evidence do you have to support this claim?
    Do you still not understand my point? WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIM OF “C”?

I do not really care if you made the claim that there are only 2 options. You are wrong.

Ed, imagine a jacket that has existed for all eternity. And, imagine that this jacket made a lot of buttons, all the buttons that exist. It is the “creator of buttons.”
    Now, on this jacket, it also has a button, a very different, special button. This button has always existed because it is part of the jacket that has always existed. It is “of” the jacket, as we keep saying. In fact, this jacket uses this button to get things done.

Ed, did the creator of buttons…did he create the special button? No. It was always a part of him.

Ed, try to visualize this story. Now, instead of a jacket and buttons, think of god and the spirits. He is the father of spirits. But he also HAS the holy spirit. (just like that jacket has that special button)

God did not create the holy spirit, for it is “of” him, his finger, his arm, his force, a part of him.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

I will explain things the way you explain things; OK?

If a person is missing and the cops are are looking
    for a dead body in a vacant lot near their house.

If a cop sees a “finger” sticking up out of the dirt,
    will they not shout I found him over here?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,17:44)

Hi David,

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which
    corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much
    rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

A. The “Father of Spirits” is the “HolySpirit”.

B. The HolySpirit is one of the “spirits”(?) that the Father of Spirits is the father of.  

C. The HolySpirit doesn't apply(?) to Heb.12:9.      

Certainly I have made the point that “A” and “B” are the ONLY two possibilities.

If you suggest “C” is a possibility, then what evidence do you have to support this claim?
    Do you still not understand my point? WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIM OF “C”?

God bless

Jacket,

Will you please address this post?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,18:15)

God did not create the holy spirit, for it is “of” him, his finger, his arm, his force, a part of him.

Hi David,

Are you not suggesting that God has(?) “two” spirit?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,20:30)
    Hi David,

My finger is me, my elbow is me, my spirit is me.

See the words I bolded, Ed? Those are English words that indicate POSSESSION – just like the English word “OF”.

The fact that it is YOUR finger shows that it is not you, but something you POSSESS. (You could also call it “the finger OF Ed”, which would convey the same meaning.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 28 2012,10:06)

Hi David,

See the words I bolded, Ed?  Those are English words that indicate POSSESSION – just like the English word “OF”.

The fact that it is YOUR finger shows that it is not you, but something you POSSESS.  (You could also call it “the finger OF Ed”, which would convey the same meaning.)

Hi Mike,

Why do you play word games to support your 'theories'? (Acts 18:15)

God bless

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,18:16)
    Hi David,

God bless

Ed, I'm not sure why you are finally agreeing with me, but thank you for making my point.

david.

The funny thing is, I don't think you even understand that you just restated what I have said about 15 times.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,18:21)

Hi David,

B. The HolySpirit is one of the “spirits”(?) that the Father of Spirits is the father of.  

God bless

Jacket,

God bless

ARGUMENT:

1. THE WAY PEOPLE SPEAK ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE A PART OF OTHERS (THEY SPEAK AS IF THE PART OF THEM WAS THEM):

YOUR EXAMPLE:
    “If a person is missing and the cops are are looking

will they not shout I found him over here?”

IN THIS EXAMPLE, WE SEE THAT THE FINGER, WHICH IS PART OF THE PERSON IS SPOKEN OF AS BEING THE PERSON. “I FOUND HIM,” WHEN THEY FOUND THE FINGER, WHICH OF COURSE REPRESENTS HIM.

2. IN SCRIPTURE, GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT IS REPEATEDLY SPOKEN OF IN A WAY THAT SHOWS IT IS “OF” HIM, A PART OF HIM…HIS FINGER FOR EXAMPLE.

Elbow, these are the two lines of evidence I have shown you many times. I'm not totally certain, but it seems you understand the first line of reasoning. I'm absolutely certain you use such types of phrases in every day language, since virtually everyone does.

(And Elbow, since you have said that your elbow IS you, it should not bother you that I call “you” this if this indeed is what “you” are. For me, my elbow is simply A PART OF me.)

david

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 28 2012,14:36)

Hi David,

See the words I bolded, Ed?  Those are English words that indicate POSSESSION – just like the English word “OF”.

The fact that it is YOUR finger shows that it is not you, but something you POSSESS.  (You could also call it “the finger OF Ed”, which would convey the same meaning.)

Hi Mike,

God bless

Ed, I really really really really fail to understand how these are word games.

This is precisely and exactly what we are discussing.

If you think that your Elbow IS you, and not a part “of” you, then I really think we should begin with that thought.

If you don't think that idea is weird, I want you to go around telling everyone that your elbow is not a part of you, but that it is you. (Notice the expression on their faces. Is it confusion, a smile, a smirk, what?)

Say to them: “My elbow is not a part of me. It is me.”

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,14:12)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,10:45)
    “Hi David,

Yes, David, my finger is definitely part of me.”

Yes, but:

Is your finger “You”?

YES!

Ed, you acknowledge that your finger is “a part of you.”

You at the same time say that your finger is “you.”

So, if you think the holy spirit is God, do you at the same time think it is a part of God?

As in, the “finger” (holy spirit) of God is a part of God?

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,18:32)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,18:15)

Hi David,

Are you not suggesting that God has(?) “two” spirit?

God bless

Again, NO.

As I said:

This is precisely what I am suggesting:

1.  “god is (a) spirit…”

And:

2.  God has something called his holy spirit.  It is spoken of in the bible as something he posseses, not as something he is, unlike #1

You keep continually repeatedly asking me if I think God HAS 2 spirits?

No.  Again, No.  The Bible: “God IS (a) spirit.”
    This verse doesn't say that he HAS a spirit Ed.  It says he IS a spirit, or he is spirit.  Not “has.”  “is.”

One more time, No.

Remember how you said your finger was a “part of you.”  Well, I think that God's finger is a part of him.

So, God IS a spirit.–The Bible.
    And, God's finger is a part of him (and not him) much like your finger is a part of you.

david
    Participant

Ed, remember how you never actually tried to make a case for this claim that the holy spirit is God?

I checked through the first several pages. You stated what you believe and you seem to want to defend it, but you never actually presented your evidence. I would like to see all the evidence (or scriptures) together if possible.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 28 2012,16:35)
    Ed, remember how you never actually tried to make a case for this claim that the holy spirit is God?

I checked through the first several pages.  You stated what you believe and you seem to want to defend it, but you never actually presented your evidence.  I would like to see all the evidence (or scriptures) together if possible.

David,

God created all! No doubt!

Who is responsible for creation??

The Father,the Son, or the Holy Spirit???

Peace and love in Jesus:

Our creator with the power of the Holy Spirit from the Father.

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 28 2012,16:06)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,18:16)
    Hi David,

God bless

Ed, I'm not sure why you are finally agreeing with me, but thank you for making my point.

david.

The funny thing is, I don't think you even understand that you just restated what I have said about 15 times.

Hi David,

They ONLY saw a “finger” and they said they found “HIM”.
    Our finger is definitely us, not something apart from us.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 28 2012,16:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,18:21)

Hi David,

God bless

Jacket,

God bless

ARGUMENT:

1. THE WAY PEOPLE SPEAK ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE A PART OF OTHERS (THEY SPEAK AS IF THE PART OF THEM WAS THEM):

YOUR EXAMPLE:

IN THIS EXAMPLE, WE SEE THAT THE FINGER, WHICH IS PART OF THE PERSON IS SPOKEN OF AS BEING THE PERSON.  “I FOUND HIM,” WHEN THEY FOUND THE FINGER, WHICH OF COURSE REPRESENTS HIM.  

2. IN SCRIPTURE, GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT IS REPEATEDLY SPOKEN OF IN A WAY THAT SHOWS IT IS “OF” HIM, A PART OF HIM…HIS FINGER FOR EXAMPLE.  

Elbow, these are the two lines of evidence I have shown you many times.  I'm not totally certain, but it seems you understand the first line of reasoning.  I'm absolutely certain you use such types of phrases in every day language, since virtually everyone does.

(And Elbow, since you have said that your elbow IS you, it should not bother you that I call “you” this if this indeed is what “you” are.  For me, my elbow is simply A PART OF me.)

david

Hi David,

This post has NOTHING to do with my quote.
    Will you please address my quote?
    Why are you dodging it?

You must keep Heb.12:9 and Acts5:3-4 as separate
    issues to discuss; OK?   You quoted Heb.12:9 here!

DO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE FOR “C” OR DO YOU ACCEPT “A”?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 28 2012,16:15)

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit, and to keep back part of
    the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power?
    why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

ARGUMENT:

YOUR EXAMPLE:

IN THIS EXAMPLE, WE SEE THAT THE FINGER, WHICH IS PART OF THE PERSON IS SPOKEN OF AS BEING THE PERSON.  “I FOUND HIM,” WHEN THEY FOUND THE FINGER, WHICH OF COURSE REPRESENTS HIM.  

Elbow, these are the two lines of evidence I have shown you many times.  I'm not totally certain, but it seems you understand the first line of reasoning.  I'm absolutely certain you use such types of phrases in every day language, since virtually everyone does.

(And Elbow, since you have said that your elbow IS you, it should not bother you that I call “you” this if this indeed is what “you” are.  For me, my elbow is simply A PART OF me.)

david

Hi David,

Your rudementary logic will not cause me to disbelieve Acts 5:3-4; which you call weak.

NOW PLEASE ANSWER Heb.12:9; OK?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 28 2012,16:24)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 28 2012,14:36)

Hi David,

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, I really really really really fail to understand how these are word games.

This is precisely and exactly what we are discussing.

If you think that your Elbow IS you, and not a part “of” you, then I really think we should begin with that thought.  

If you don't think that idea is weird, I want you to go around telling everyone that your elbow is not a part of you, but that it is you.  (Notice the expression on their faces.  Is it confusion, a smile, a smirk, what?)

Say to them: “My elbow is not a part of me.  It is me.”

Hi David / Mike, I will speak plainly to you both here…

Scenarios that illustrate YOUR belief
    DO NOT PROVE YOUR BELIEF! Get real!

Is this SOOO hard for you to understand?
    I have understood your belief from the getgo.
    Produce some real evidence, not fairytale stories!

I produce Scriptures that we can discuss,
    you have chosen word games that are USELESS!
    Like a car spinning its tires on ice trying to get somewhere.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account