The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,841 through 4,860 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 03 2007,10:35)
    God is a spirit and there is only one Spirit, not 2.

John 4:24
    God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

So who is God?

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

There is one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:9
    to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—

So there is one Spirit and there is one God the Father and God is  spirit.

Perhaps it is as easy as God is the Father and God is spirit.

In other words “God the Father” is who and “God is a spirit” is what.

Obviously God the Father is in Heaven and even outside his own creation, but he dwells in all (that is good) by his spirit. That is perhaps how God can dwell in Heaven and yet be in all too.

2 Corinthians 3:17
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

T8…………..Scripture say there are SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD, Your fight is with scripture T8. I would quote them but you all ready know where they are at. They were who God was speaking to when he said “Let (US) make Man in (OUR) Image”.

Peace and love………………………………….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 22 2012,07:36)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,17:25)
    Hi Carmel,

How do you define “person”?   …also did you click on the link in my last post?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

How do you define “person”?   did you click on the link in my last post?

Edj,

First, I did ,but I don't believe it's worth discussing something which is more directed to PARADOX,then to the actual belief of a triune GOD or not.

The word PERSON when it refers to God is still not proper'

The word person for us is an absolute one .(although he is not realy one substance)

When it is referred to God although it is meant to be one, it still functions as a unity of three,and vice versa.

Example:

When the Son was in the world although He was one person, in fact He was united as one with the person of the Father through the Holy Spirit in the full power of God.

When in Genesis 1:2 says: the spirit of God moved,although only the spirit of God is mentioned,it still was united with the Father to start creation through the Son,since all is created through Him.

Scripture gives proof that God is ONE,but  in the unity of the Godhead there are three eternal and co-equal Persons,the same in substance,or essence,but distinct in subsistence or existence.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Charles,

The name of the thread you've mentioned is:
    Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?
    The evidence suggests both views are founded in truth.

Would you PLEASE define your use of the word “person” for me?
    That way I can be certain as to what you are talking about; OK?

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Feb. 09 2007,22:04)
    JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Hello

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

With
    Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

COMPARE
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

the verses you quoted are good, relating to the same thing
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

The above will all take place during the millennium to come.

The rest of the verses you quoted from psalms, acts, etc are also good, showing that you can connect scripture, but I am not sure if you think we are in the millennium now, or know it is to come? Are you JW?

I liked your post anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes there is beautiful harmony between the OT and the NT.
    The same ROCK inspired both.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 22 2012,08:02)

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 21 2012,17:22)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,04:03)
    Hi Carmel,
    I believe what Scripture teaches.
    Scripture does not TEACH a trinity.

Show me scripture which proves,and it is clear as crystal that God is one entity.

I can show you that

only three persons are ever called GOD.

only three persons have attributes of GOD

only three persons know the works of GOD

To emphasize : not one person,not two persons,not more that three persosn  BUT ONLY THREE PERSONS,IN RELATION TO THE ABOVE.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

cARMEL.

GOD IS ONE; in him is the word and in the word; the holy spirit. Not 3 persons,never: he is one God.The hindu god has 3heads, but not the true God.
    IS THERE A GOD BESIDE ME ? NO THERE IS NO GOD.(isiah44:8.)
    beside me there is no saviour.(isiah43:11.)

wakeup.

GOD IS ONE

Wakeup,

What is ONE MEANS.

Does it mean the Father and the Son???

As far as scripture is concerned

THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE!!!

Also  the

FATHER IS IN THE SON AND THE SON IS IN THE FATHER.

Or

David himself said

by the HOLY GHOST, The LORD said to my LORD, ……….

or EXPLAIN WHAT KIND OF ONE ARE THESE:

Zechariah 10:12:I will strengthen them in the LORD, and they shall walk in HIS NAME, saith the LORD

or

Hebrews 1:

8: But unto the SON HE SAID, YOUR THRONE O GOD, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; THEREFORE GOD,EVEN YOUR GOD ,had anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.

THE LIST IS ENDLESS IN ORDER TO BE AWARE WHAT ONE MEANS WITH REGARDS TO GOD!!

Nowhere in scripture, the hebrew word (YACHID)the absolute one is used when it refers to God.

Peace and love in Jesus  

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,13:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,04:03)
    Hi Carmel,
    Scripture does not TEACH a trinity.

Hi Everyone,

Link

God bless

EDJ

WE KNOW YOU LIKE ALL THE ATTENTION

:D :D :ghostface:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, and is OF God.

david
    Participant

I can show you that

Hi Carmel. I am curious where you think the holy spirit is called “god” in the bible?

david
    Participant

The name of the thread you've mentioned is:
    Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?
    The evidence suggests both views are founded in truth.

Ed, the very fact that you may literally be the only one in the entire universe who believes this, I find it unlikely.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2012,13:10)
    j42

I can bring you to the water but I can not make you drink it ,got this ??? and I am not a good teacher ,my English is terrible,

Hi Pierre

It has nothing to do with your english. I understand your english. The problem I am having is you challenged me to see if I understood the verse you quoted. I answered you, but you think I don't understand it. If you are a good teacher, then you will tell me where I went wrong, and explain it to me, if you really care about the truth being distorted. This is what everybody on this site is doing. Speak up is all. Don't throw me away to the dogs. I am a fellow believer also.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 20 2012,12:25)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 20 2012,03:27)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 19 2012,16:11)
    Rev 13:6   And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7   And it was given him to make war with the [/b]saints[/b], and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame

Rev 19:20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image.  These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

J42…………This all takes place at the END OF the Millennial Reign   of Jesus and the SAINTS.  When Evil  (ha-satan) is released from the bottomless Pit. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

Hi Gene

Thanks for your feedback.

Rev 13:7 is specifically speaking about the false prophet.  Of course Satan is there with him in the background, directing his every move, but it is this man, this son of perdition, the false prophet, a man whom Satan has chosen to lead and carry out his will to persecute the saints.  This man the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire at Jesus second coming, along with the first beast – 10 horns, new world order, the false prophets army, his man power. They get destroyed at Christ's coming, at the start of the millennial reign.

Satan is not referred to as a beast.  Beasts refers to empires and kings that come out of man (peoples).  The false prophet also is a man, but the idea behind his purpose comes out of the bottomless pit. Satan is the dragon that gives his power to the beasts and this false prophet to perform his will.

see here
    Rev 19:19 – And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse

do we agree that this happens at Christ's coming? This big war in Israel that is going on (Jacob's trouble) they are all fighting each other (the kings of the east verses the kings of the north) then they see Christ coming during this war, and start fighting against Christ now.

We know from the scriptures that Christ comes, else or flesh would be destroyed, as they are all killing each other in this war.  There is a huge blood bath happening here.  And outside of Israel as well, the wrath of God has been poured out by the seven trumpets.  1/3 of the trees burn't up, the sea and rivers contaminated, the sun dark from all the smoke and bombs, the bottomless pit opened and evil spirits stinging men.  There would be a lot of dead animals, and vegetation destroyed, no clean water, pollution, sickness, disease, famine, total chaos everywhere

This false prophet and his armies, have caused all this.  The mark of the beast, the persecution of the saints, the invasion of Israel… that great war.  They must be destroyed now with babylon the great,  that new world system they created – The New World Order, that final system, that all the other world systems developed into, must be done away with.

Rev 19:20   And the beast was taken , and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image.  These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone

The beast is the 10 kings along with the false prophet. Not Satan and the false prophet.  

immediately after all this, at Christ's coming, Satan, the dragon is bound up for a thousand years

Rev 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, and bound him a thousand years.

Rev 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed for a little season.

Hi Gene

You didn't get back to me on this one? What do you think?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Journey42………..Sorry for not getting back to you on this , But i think this all takes place at the end of the 1000 yr reign of Jesus and the Saints, when Satan or adversarial (evil ) is released on the earth again and then there shall arise a Beast Power and a False Prophet and gather the nation to war against Jesus and the Saints who will retreat back to Jerusalem and this great Army will come to destory them at Jerusalem and Fire will come down from Heaven and devour them all.

Revelation deals with both time periods i believe and people get them mixed up, what helps to keep them straight is to read what Jesus himself said about the condition of the world at his return.

The One thousand Year Period serves a Purpose and understanding that purpose of the thousand year period is a Key to understanding the time of those prophesied events. Also understand the symbolic language use is important too. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Good stuff Gene and Journey,
    I do not think all the chaos is attributible to man and his wars but the earth itself will be erupting and quaking blackening out the sun.
    Is 24, mt 24 29f and rev 6 13f suggests a time of a polar shift before his return and our rescue making the stars appear to fall and ruining vineyards [is 24].

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,17:25)
    Hi Carmel,

How do you define “person”?   …also did you click on the link in my last post?

God bless

How do you define “person”?  

Edj,

A person is a mysterious one human being.

Therefore if I tell you that I am a person,it means that you know nothing about me more than I made you aware through my posts.

If you tell the police that you met a person it is equivalent to have told the police nothing.

So a person is a mystery unless it is backed with information.

I ask you a simple question and you will also have your answer.

Is God a Person???

Also since I believe in a triune God it is clear enough that the three persons of the God head are mystery!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Manmade mystery.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 24 2012,11:32)

I can show you that

Hi Carmel.  I am curious where you think the holy spirit is called “god” in the bible?

[/QUOTE]

Acts 3:4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to LIE TO THE HOLY GHOST, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not LIED UNTO MAN, BUT UNTO GOD .

SO THROUGH HERE WE ARE BEING AWARE THAT IN 3,THE LIE WAS MADE UNTO THE HOLY GHOST,AND AGAIN IN 4, CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS DONE UNTO GOD.

SO THE HOLY GHOST IS CALLED GOD.

IF IT WAS NOT SO,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SAID THAT THE LIE WAS UNTO THE HOLY GHOST AND UNTO GOD.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Yes God manifests in His Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Ps 139.7

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2012,10:51)
    Hi,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, and is OF God.

is OF God.

Nick,

All existence is of GOD

But GOD is a mystery and only the bible through God Himself would reveal the truth about Him to whom ever He wants.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. 22All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,05:04)
    Hi C,
    Manmade mystery.

Manmade mystery

Nick,

Manmade bible you are reading for sure,and believe it or not, it has nothing to do with the first Greek ever written.

Where in the bible it is clear that God is an absolute ONE.

The Hebrew word “YACHID” is used to denotes absolute ONE.

But Moses used always ” ECHAD” for God which denotes compound ONE .

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Viewing 20 posts - 4,841 through 4,860 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account