The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 14 2012,18:35)
    Brother Mike,

Just like others scriptures I have showed you,  you change or twist them to fit your doctrine.

They had there ideas of who He was, even as people do today.  It was not taught by man then and it can not be taught by man today.  It was by revelation then and it is by revelation today.

You are right about people teaching who they believe Jesus is, most have it wrong.  How is that, if it is so easily taught?  Why are there so many different opinions?

JOHN 5:39 † Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

JOHN 5:43 † I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
    44 † How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Who's name did he come in?

Isa 9:6 says it all.
    Jesus Christ is the mighty Counselor, HOLY GHOST
    Jesus Christ is the Ever Lasting Father
    Jesus Christ is the Mighty God
    Jesus Chrsit is the all of it.

You believe you know who Jesus Christ is, yet you can not satisfactory explain without rationalizing it, the difference between Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38,(water baptism).
    The way you believe one of them is wrong……. Jesus said to baptize in the NAME and Peter had a Revelation of what that NAME was and is today.

You wouldn't baptize in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, because you do not believe Him to be the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  Look up, God still gives Revelation, even today for a very short time more.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin

You are confused ,all words that you find in scriptures and that is the same word to you it means the same thing,
    No wander you have many wrong believes and doctrines,

Councelor in Is,9 does not mean holy spirit
    Just because Jesus said that he will send the Councelor ,holy spirit,

What is a Councelor and what is it that it does?

Why could it be applied to Jesus the person as well as the holy spirit ?

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 14 2012,11:34)

No, God did not send his holy spirit to us, …

Hi Pierre, Scripture do NOT agree with you?

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the HolySpirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
    he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Are you going to man up on this?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2012,11:35)
    Does it say the Father Himself is COMING?  

Hi Mike, how do you read…

“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God
    is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
    and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  (Rev 21:3)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 14 2012,11:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2012,10:57)
    Scriptures say no such thing, Ed.  In fact, Jesus says that his Father will SEND the Holy Spirit.  Two things, only ONE of them the Father of Jesus.

Hi Mike, (it is more on topic in this thread)

The Father did indeed send us his “HolySpirit”.
    The Fathers spirit is “HOLY”, are you suggesting something different?  
    Consider this verse (as in, please explain it as you see it in reference to what we are discussing)…

…Like God the Father is (perhaps) the father of his “HolySpirit”.

“shall we not much rather be in subjection unto THE FATHER OF SPIRITS, and live?” (Heb 12:9)
    Are you going to attempt to leave the HolySpirit out of this verse?

And also, please explain this one while you are at it too; OK?…

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Mike,

What no comment?

God bless

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Isa 9:6 Speaks of the major titles He has. Father,(Almighty God), Son,(Prince of Peace), Holy Ghost, (Counselor). You can believe that He wasn't speaking of this title, but in light of the others spoke of in this scripture, I believe He most definitely was.

God Bless
    Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 14 2012,19:08)
    Hi Pierre,

Isa 9:6 Speaks of the major titles He has.  Father,(Almighty God), Son,(Prince of Peace), Holy Ghost, (Counselor).  You can believe that He wasn't speaking of this title, but in light of the others spoke of in this scripture, I believe He most definitely was.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin

So the holy spirit is a tittle ?this is new to me we're is this written?

And so Christ is the holy spirit ?

Pierre

Marlin1
    Participant

Pierre,

Do you also believe that Father is not a title?
    And how about Son?

I am a father and a son and I also have a spirit,  but you know, not one of those titles is my name.
    God also has a Name of which Peter, Paul and all the early church knew what it was.

He was the Father over all, He became the Son and came to redeem us, and now He is the Holy Ghost in His people.  It was the same God all the time.

God Bless
    Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 13 2012,18:35)
    Brother Mike,

Just like others scriptures I have showed you,  you change or twist them to fit your doctrine.

Okay Marlin,

Let's do an in depth, scripture by scripture analysis, and see who is “twisting” and “changing” the scriptures.

John 14:28
    “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

I read this scripture and see the SON OF God speaking about GOING BACK TO his God and Father – as in ONE being going back to a DIFFERENT being.

You read it and see the Father God Himself saying that the Father God is greater than he. ???

Which one of us has to twist not only the scripture, but our God-given common sense to realize our understanding?

Marlin, please address THIS SCRIPTURE ONLY, and address it DIRECTLY.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 13 2012,18:56)
    Hi Mike,

What no comment?

I did comment, Ed.

And when you address the two scriptures I listed, and the accompanying questions I asked, I might have more to say.

As I stated in my last post, I have no wish to go through this scriptural game playing with you again.  

It's really quite simple Ed, and I will spell this out for both you and Marlin:

If the Holy Spirit of OF God, then it is not God Himself.

If Jesus is the Son OF God, then he is not God Himself.

That little phrase “OF GOD” shoots down BOTH of your unscriptural theories.  

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

JOHN 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Who's Holy Ghost is it, that Jesus can send it?

JOHN 15:26 † But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Who sends the Holy Ghost?

JOHN 14:18 † I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Who is it that comes to us?

It is the self same SPIRIT!!!!!:)

As for your question, of course the Father is greater then Flesh. We are talking Spiritual things, you must separate flesh from spirit.

Reconcile Baptism!!!!!
    You can not, it makes the bible a lie for you.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,01:17)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 13 2012,18:56)
    Hi Mike,

What no comment?

I did comment, Ed.

And when you address the two scriptures I listed, and the accompanying questions I asked, I might have more to say.

As I stated in my last post, I have no wish to go through this scriptural game playing with you again.  

It's really quite simple Ed, and I will spell this out for both you and Marlin:

If the Holy Spirit of OF God, then it is not God Himself.

If Jesus is the Son OF God, then he is not God Himself.

That little phrase “OF GOD” shoots down BOTH of your unscriptural theories.  

Hi Mike,

I keep telling you, the word “OF” is not in the original manuscripts.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2012,11:35)
    Ed,

I am not willing to entertain your charade AGAIN.  We've been through this and many other misunderstandings you have many of times.

Your claim in the other thread was that God's Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus.  That is untrue.

John 14:26
    But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

See Ed?  (1)Does it say the Father Himself is COMING?  Or (2)does it say the Father is SENDING something?  Which one?

Acts 2:33
    Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

(1)Does this one say Jesus received THE FATHER HIMSELF?  Or (2)does it say Jesus received something FROM the Father?  Which one?

Ed, my correction on the other thread was in no way meant to be taken as my willingness to go through all this with you again.  I am not interested, because I already know where it leads.

Hi Mike,

You mean this post?

1) The father's Spirit, which is Holy.
    2) I would not call a consciousness a thing?

3) His HolySpirit.
    4) I would not call God's consciousness a thing?

OK, now will you respond to my post.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 14 2012,11:26)
    As for your question, of course the Father is greater then Flesh. We are talking Spiritual things, you must separate flesh from spirit.

But don't you preach that Jesus IS the God he said was greater than him? ???

And now you want to play the “flesh versus God” natures of “God the Son” huh?

Okay, then are you admitting that on earth, Jesus was NOT God?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 14 2012,18:49)

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the HolySpirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
    he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

God bless

edj

LESSON NUMBER ONE;DID YOU RECEIVED DIRECTION AND DID CHRIST TALK IN PERSON TO YOU BEFORE HE DIED ?

IF NO ;THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR COMFORTING YOU FOR THE LOST OF YOUR LEADER Jesus CHRIST ,

AND SO THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THROUGH THE DISCIPLES IMPOSING HANDS ,RIGHT ,BUT THERE ALSO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ALL DIE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN RIGHT ?YES SO NO HOLY SPIRIT FOR ANY ONE BUT HELP IS STILL THERE FOR THOSE WHO SEEK GOD WITH AN UPRIGHT HEART,

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Mike said to Marlin:

Okay, then are you admitting that on earth, Jesus was NOT God?

Hi Mike,

By George, I think you've got it! :)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,05:40)

God bless

edj

LESSON NUMBER ONE;DID YOU RECEIVED DIRECTION AND (1)DID CHRIST TALK IN PERSON TO YOU BEFORE HE DIED ?

(2)IF NO ;THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR COMFORTING  YOU FOR THE LOST OF YOUR LEADER Jesus CHRIST ,

(3)AND SO THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THROUGH THE DISCIPLES IMPOSING HANDS  ,RIGHT ,(4)BUT THERE ALSO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ALL DIE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN  RIGHT ?(5)YES SO NO HOLY SPIRIT FOR ANY ONE (6)BUT HELP IS STILL THERE FOR THOSE WHO SEEK GOD WITH AN UPRIGHT HEART,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

1) I don't see what any relevance to this question is?

2) Huh? Could you please rephrase this, this English is fuzzy at best.

3) That is not what Scripture teaches?

4) What?

5) That is not what Scripture teaches?

6) What kind of help?   …the “HolySpirit”?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 14 2012,20:47)
    Pierre,

Do you also believe that Father is not a title?
    And how about Son?

I am a father and a son and I also have a spirit,  but you know, not one of those titles is my name.
    God also has a Name of which Peter, Paul and all the early church knew what it was.

He was the Father over all, He became the Son and came to redeem us, and now He is the Holy Ghost in His people.  It was the same God all the time.

God Bless
    Marlin

marlin

I have many children and they still call me dad ,father ,what is important in the name father (dad) is what it represent to those who call upon that name ;

when my kid call on me they know they can trust me ,and I will not exploit them or do them harm,and they know that I will help them ,and always be true to them,

so even many men are called father many do not comes up with the real qualities of what it should be to be a father ,and guess what ;my kids never when to a stranger and called him father or dad ,they know who his their father ;

and so it is for God our father ,but it is better that you know him than not knowing him.

for years the only name they knew me was Father (dad) but they knew the face and voice that goes with it

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 14 2012,12:46)
    Hi Mike,

By George, I think you've got it! :)

Ed,

I know and YOU know that Jesus was not “God on earth”, right?

But watch and see after Marlin answers.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike, Jesus was indeed “not God” on Earth.

1Cor.1:19…25 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God(YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm) by the foolishness
    of preaching to save them that believe. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2012,12:53)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,05:40)

God bless

edj

LESSON NUMBER ONE;DID YOU RECEIVED DIRECTION AND (1)DID CHRIST TALK IN PERSON TO YOU BEFORE HE DIED ?

(2)IF NO ;THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR COMFORTING  YOU FOR THE LOST OF YOUR LEADER Jesus CHRIST ,

(3)AND SO THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THROUGH THE DISCIPLES IMPOSING HANDS  ,RIGHT ,(4)BUT THERE ALSO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ALL DIE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN  RIGHT ?(5)YES SO NO HOLY SPIRIT FOR ANY ONE (6)BUT HELP IS STILL THERE FOR THOSE WHO SEEK GOD WITH AN UPRIGHT HEART,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

1) I don't see what any relevance to this question is?

2) Huh? Could you please rephrase this, this English is fuzzy at best.

3) That is not what Scripture teaches?

4) What?

5) That is not what Scripture teaches?

6) What kind of help?   …the “HolySpirit”?

God bless

edj

you are not supplying scriptures to show that i am wrong ,

and my English is good but when you refuse what I say then suddenly my written English becomes foggy ,

answer my questions ;

but I know all your answers ,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account