The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,401 through 3,420 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Again.. the Spirit is the Spirit of God.
    This Spirit is given to those in Christ who seek it.[Lk11]
    It is not biblical to teach automatic reception of the Spirit at water baptism

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2010,20:33)
    HI ALL

THANKS FOR ANSWERING YOUR AND OTHERS OPINION,

BUT YOU KNOW YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ,OR IS IT YOU DON'T SEE THE QUESTION CAUSE OF YOUR BLINDNESS IN TRUTH??

1) the scriptures say “the holy spirit is in you” how is God in you ,???????????????????
    2) if you say that you are in the Holy spirit ,how that happen?????????????????????

because you say the the Holy spirit is God  ,explain  and answer my questions.

3) if you can not answer it is because you don't have the holy spirit,otherwise you should be able to tell what you say you have and understand.yes/no ??????????????????????//

Hi Terraricca,

“YHVH is GOD”=117

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

1) Eph.4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    1 John 4:4: Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them(satan's false prophets):
    because greater is he(HolySpirit) that is in you(Ed J), than he(satan) that is in the world.
    Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans,
    men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee;
    in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee(Isaiah 60:14), they shall make supplication
    unto thee, saying, Surely God(HolySpirit) is in thee; and there is none else, there is no (other) God.

2) John 17:21: That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee,
    that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    Rev.21:7: He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (JEHOVAH Son=117)
    3) So because I did answer your questions (according to you), that is PROOF that I do have the “HolySpirit”; right?

PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], AND the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Feb. 08 2010,00:59)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 07 2010,15:32)

Quote (gollamudi @ Feb. 07 2010,13:52)
    Holy Spirit

As in the OT, the NT also identifies the Holy Spirit as God himself

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the conformation.
    Matt.18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more,
    that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!
                                  Click Here

God bless
    Ed J

Thank you very much brother Ed J. But there are few issues on the Holy Spirit written in our N.T are not clear such as;

1. How the Spirit of God has become spirit of Jesus?
    2. How Jesus became life-giving spirit if God alone is the source of life.
    3. If Holy Spirit is God Himself how can Jesus send the Holy Spirit?
    4. If Holy Spirit is God Himself then how can Holy Spirit play a subordinate role to Jesus by adopting Jesus' teaching after his departure by borrowing from him?

I always wonder how christianity especially the non-trinitarian sects can answer these queries.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi Adam,

Third Post down<–Click here

Here is the bridge between to views “Trinitarian” and “non-Trinitarian” views of God.
    Sixth Post from top<–Click here

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    If God shares His Spirit with His Son and gives authority to the Son to share His Spirit with his disciples what is confusing?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

terraricca…………Here is how you can Know what the spirit is, “The spirit bears witness with our Spirit that we are the sons of GOD.” Remember what Jesus said ” The (WORDS) i am telling you they (ARE) SPIRIT and LIFE. Now think about what is said there. Then ask yourself What a WORD (IS), it is the expression of INTELLECT, SPIRIT IS YOUR INTELLECT YOU HAVE. And your words express that intellect in you that is the spirit in you.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The mind is not the spirit.
    The mind must be transformed by renewal.[Rom12]
    Wake up

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….the mind is the intellect center of all humans and our thoughts are what the mind consists of and that is spirit. 'LET THIS (MIND) BE IN YOU WHICH WAS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR Lord. Nick Thought which is intellect is what life Is and Spirit is Life. If thought which forms intellect in us was removed from us we would cease to exist. You can not separate Intellect from SPIRIT . Please explain what you think SPIRIT is if not our intellects then.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2010,09:46)
    Hi GM,
    If God shares His Spirit with His Son and gives authority to the Son to share His Spirit with his disciples what is confusing?

Hi brothers Nick, Ed J, Gene and others,
    I am sorry to say that your are not answering my queries in a straight manner. I still could not get how the Spirit of God has become Spirit of Jesus as spoken in N.T in different places like Acts 16:7, Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:9 , Philippians 1:19 etc since we claim that we have received the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of God.

This is the question always bothers me. Except with a trinitarian approach no one could answer me properly.

Please think over
    Adam

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

any of you as answered my question ,what is the Holy spirit”??
    not what it does,
    if you can have it personaly ,if it can be shared by many or none ,

if you can't answer those question ,how do you know you have it ,and do not tell me you have it onless you explain what it is first.

terraricca
    Participant

hi

Lk 8:21 He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

terraricca
    Participant

hi some people will never recieve answers;Lk 23:8 When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform some miracle.
    Lk 23:9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer.
    Lk 23:10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 08 2010,01:27)
    hi
    it seems that no one can answer the question “what is the holy spirit “if you can recieve it ,if you can be in it ,if it can come in you,????????????????????????????

I answered it at least in part.  The Holy Spirit is the spirit of righteousness which is why when you walk according to its ways you do not sin.  

There is more than that because it is the power of God to do all God commands you to do.

I can not state that I have stated everything about it because my knowledge is limited and with even that limited knowledge I believe there is more.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

you say to me butter is butter ,so this is not the answer,

if you can receive the Holy spirit ,what is it ,??if you can be in it, what is it ??if the spirit can be pour out ,what is it ? if you can loose it ,what is it ?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 08 2010,18:59)
    kerwin

you say to me butter is butter ,so this is not the answer,

if you can receive the Holy spirit ,what is it ,??if you can be in it, what is it ??if the spirit can be pour out ,what is it ? if you can loose it ,what is it ?

My point is the name is descriptive.  This is not rare with Greek.  The word “baptism” means “immerse” or something to that effect.  

I believe a Merriam-Webster.com dictionary definition of “spirit” that fits is “the activating or essential principle influencing a person”

To me the words “receive”, “be in it”, “pour out”, and “loose it” seem straight forward as you are being given the essential principle influencing you by God who also created you.  Give is the same thing as “pour out”.  The one who is given a gift receives it.  If you do not hold on to, walk according to the ways of, that gift you loose it.

If you do not walk according to the ways of the Holy Spirit then you walk according to the ways of the Spirit of the World.

I hope that answers your question.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

yes,but in this case the word Holyspirit can be changed by “the knowledge of the word of God”and the spirit of christ ,is the understanding of the word that God give to those who love him.

the great question is “how is this done”??

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    spirit gives life.

Feelings or thoughts or plans perish without spirit.
    Without spirit we are dead.[jas2]

The mind is to be renewed according to the Word we are to feed on.
    The Spirit too enlivens and teaches us from the Word.
    Thus we can attain to the mind of Christ.
    But the mind is not the spirit.

God lent us our human spirit and it returns to Him when we die and the challenge is to receive of His eternal Spirit before we do.
    That Spirit is found in Jesus who has been given to share in God's life and baptises in the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

nick

there is the spirit of mechanics of living creatures ,like any living creature has that living power (spirit)
    time limit live.
    but the spirit that give live as per Christ is everlasting live;that is something else.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Indeed the life spirit given living things is limited by God and the spirits of men return to God.[Ecc12]

But the Spirit of God can be shared with us in Christ before we die abiding with our spirit[Rom8.16] Even when the rope of the bucket in the well breaks [ecc12] we have yet the fountain in us welling up to eternal life[Jn7]

If we have come to Jesus as the fountain of this Spirit of life[Jn7] and we are led by the Spirit[gal5] we never die in one sense even when our own spirit returns to God and do not even come under judgement having passed over from death to life[Jn5]. We follow Jesus and the anointed ones of God who live to Him.

terraricca
    Participant

nick

you also have to remember we walk in faith,this means we looking forward to the price what is everlasting live;
    that faith ;mean acquiring knowledge of God and the one he as send Jesus Christ,this knowledge that Christ as preached to his disciples and that in return they have written them to us are the truth the words of God that he as given to Christ to say and explain to the disciples and that WORD OF TRUTH IS BY THAT WAY THE WORDS OF GOD HIMSELVE AND SO THE SPIRIT OF GOD THROUGHT CHRIST,
    THIS KNOWLEDGE CAN BE LEARNED BY MANY WITH OR WITHOUT FAITH;BUT WHAT IS NOT AVAILLABLE WITHOUT TRUE FAITH IS “UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORDS OF GOD'

THIS YOU CAN SEE WITH THE OUT COME OF THE EXPLANATIONS OF THE WORD OF GOD BY SOME PEOPLE.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 08 2010,18:01)
    hi all

any of you as answered my question ,what is the Holy spirit”??
    not what it does,
    if you can have it personaly ,if it can be shared by many or none ,

if you can't answer those question ,how do you know you have it ,and do not tell me you have it onless you explain what it is first.

Hi T

Don't you read the thread from where you left off?
    Third Post from the bottom<–Click here

Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 3,401 through 3,420 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account