The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,301 through 3,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    All sons of God?
    Even some of God's chosen people were called sons of Satan.

The breath of God does not make men God's sons.
    You must repent and be reborn from above of the Spirit of life.

With no true scriptural foundation you write your own ideas as truth?

Is that not the basis of gnosticism?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2010,16:04)
    Hi WJ,
    All sons of God?
    Even some of God's chosen people were called sons of Satan.

The breath of God does not make men God's sons.
    You must repent and be reborn from above of the Spirit of life.

With no true scriptural foundation you write your own ideas as truth?

Is that not the basis of gnosticism?

Nick

What are you talking about? Did you even read my post with the thought of trying to understand what I said?

Read it again. My point is that all men are NOT sons of God just because the Holy Spirit is involved in their conception!

Which translates to the Holy Spirit is not the Father!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Holy Spirit is not God.
    Neither is your spirit you.

The Spirit is OF God and proceeds from God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Spirit of God was infilled in Jesus uniting him with his God.
    We follow Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Sonship to God is known to Him by obedience to Him.
    We are given the Spirit so we can BECOME sons of God.[Jn3]
    Promoting the ideas of men over scriptural truths is not a sign of sonship.

You must be transformed by renewal of your mind-according to scripture not catholic dogmas.[Rom12]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power.[acts10.38]
    Likewise Jesus anointed his brothers with the Spirit given him.
    Are you yet of the Spirit of Christ and one with him and God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..I believe we all do not really understand what SPIRIT really is and this cause much confusion. Some think it is some kind of Force that comes from GOD, but is not GOD, Some think our Spirits we are born with is not Spirit (of) GOD, some believe it is the FATHER himself, and on and on it goes. Let me give you my takes on what SPIRIT really (IS) . SPIRIT is (INTELLECT) just that simple rather of GOD or man, IT IS THE intellect of the man HIMSELF and it is the intellect GOD HIMSELF. To try to say the SPIRIT is not GOD the FATHER is FALSE , because Jesus plainly said the FATHER (WAS) (IN) HIM> So if the FATHER was (IN) him VIA HIS HOLY SPIRIT then it stands to reason GOD The FATHER (IS) SPIRIT, and can Co- habit or indwell us. . Here is an example lets say we have a million cups with little water in them and someone comes along a fills them up with more water , in a (SENSE) it works that way we are born with no spirit (intellect) in us (the Spirit in man) is gained from the world it begins to fill us after berth and we become corrupted in our thinking and When GOD begins to call or (DRAW) Us He simply add Spirit (intellect) into us changing our perceptions on things it (SPIRIT) is sown into us by the hearing of the Words of GOD and these Words began to change our thinking we are being renewed in out minds. But to try to separate the SPIRIT from the PERSON I believe is impossible with man or GOD. THE SPIRIT IS WHO WE ARE. BECAUSE SO A MAN THINKS SO HE (IS). the same with GOD . This is just the way i see it not saying others have to or i am completely right just my opinion and i think i can scripturally back it up.

peace and love to you all………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Spirit not coupled with POWER is Useless and can do NOTHING. Intellect by it self can do nothing it must be connected with something that gives it force or Power. Spirit is just the intellect and must be powered in what it is in.

Have to go somewhere will get back to this later.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 31 2010,16:51)
    Nick……….Spirit not coupled with POWER is Useless and can do NOTHING. Intellect by it self can do nothing it must be connected with something that gives it force or Power.  Spirit is just the intellect and must be powered in what it is in.

Gene

God is a Spirit, and we were created in his Image.

Is it our Spirits that makes us like him or our flesh?

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 01 2010,08:51)
    Nick……….Spirit not coupled with POWER is Useless and can do NOTHING. Intellect by it self can do nothing it must be connected with something that gives it force or Power.  Spirit is just the intellect and must be powered in what it is in.

G,
    So you say.
    But scripture speaks louder than your offerings.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 01 2010,08:47)
    To All………..I believe we all do not really understand what SPIRIT really is and this cause much confusion. Some think it is some kind of Force that comes from GOD, but is not GOD,  Some think our Spirits we are born with is not Spirit (of) GOD, some believe it is the FATHER himself, and on and on it goes. Let me give you my takes on what SPIRIT really (IS) . SPIRIT is (INTELLECT) just that simple rather of GOD or man, IT IS THE intellect of the man HIMSELF and it is the intellect GOD HIMSELF. To try to say the SPIRIT is not GOD the FATHER is FALSE , because Jesus plainly said the FATHER (WAS) (IN) HIM> So if the FATHER was (IN) him VIA HIS HOLY SPIRIT then it stands to reason GOD The FATHER (IS) SPIRIT, and can Co- habit or indwell us. .  Here is an example  lets say we have a million cups with little water in them and someone comes along a fills them up with more water , in a (SENSE) it works that way we are born with no  spirit (intellect) in us (the Spirit in man) is gained from the world it begins to fill us after berth and we become corrupted in our thinking and When GOD begins to call or (DRAW) Us He simply add Spirit (intellect) into us changing our perceptions on things it (SPIRIT) is sown into us by the hearing of the Words of GOD and these Words began to change our thinking we are being renewed in out minds. But to try to separate the SPIRIT from the PERSON I believe is impossible with man or GOD. THE SPIRIT  IS WHO WE ARE.  BECAUSE SO A MAN THINKS SO HE (IS). the same with GOD . This is just the way i see it not saying others have to or i am completely right just my opinion and i think i can scripturally back it up.

peace and love to you all………………gene

Hi Gene,

Good analogy, but you will be disputed on this view by many
    because satan does not want unity.

Holyspirit is: “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!
    Eph.4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    There cannot be unity between belial and Christ.
    Gnosticism too is opposed to the ways of God.

The One
    Participant

Ed,
    Thank you for your response.NEVER would I say that Jesus is greater than the Father!!!But according to the scriptures I've given,the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father.He serves the Father(and the Son).

If you remember the story of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5,both parties lied about the cost of the property they had sold.Peter asked Ananias in vs.3 “Ananias,why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit?”We see here that Ananias had denied,and tried to decieve that which was given to him by the Father(and the Holy Spirit is God's helper to us.the gift we are given when we accept His Son in our hearts)

Later,Peter explains to Ananias(who thought that only the brethren would be decieved)”you have not lied to men,but to God”

But we can clearly see from the passages I all ready provided that the Holy Spirit and the Father are seperate beings.Otherwise why have seperate terms for the same being?It would make passages like Matt. 28:19,1 Cor,13:14,Eph.4:4-6 redundant.

To me,this is not human logic.Why does Christ in Matt.28 tell his disciples”…baptizing them in the name of the Father,and the Son,and the Holy Spirit.”?If the Holy Spirit is God Himself,why even reference the name Holy Spirit?

The reason is this.All three beings have a part played in our salvation.The Father is the author,designer,originator of the plan of salvation(Acts 2:22-23,Eph.4:11,Eph.1:3-5,..).Jesus is the fullfillment of this covenant(Eph 4:11,Eph.1:19-20,John 3:16-17).The Holy Spirit is the gift/gifts we possess in ourselves for salvation to be possible(Acts 2:38,John 16:13)

The only sin leading to death is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit,or to turn your back on,deny,or count as nothing that which God has given you for your salvation.But the Holy Spirit is not God…just bestowed with God's power to serve the Father's will.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TO,
    God is not separate from His Spirit.
    Neither can you be without dying.[Jas2]

The Spirit ever proceeds from God.

Is your finger you?
    The Spirit of God is as the finger of God[Lk11/Mt12]

Logic is unreliable in the exegeseis of scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TO,
    Joel 2 speaks of God pouring out HIS SPIRIT.
    What does this mean to you?

Pouring out another person??

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (The One @ Feb. 01 2010,11:49)
    Ed,
       Thank you for your response.NEVER would I say that Jesus is greater than the Father!!!But according to the scriptures I've given,the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father.He serves the Father(and the Son).

If you remember the story of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5,both parties lied about the cost of the property they had sold.Peter asked Ananias in vs.3 “Ananias,why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit?”We see here that Ananias had denied,and tried to decieve that which was given to him by the Father(and the Holy Spirit is God's helper to us.the gift we are given when we accept His Son in our hearts)

Later,Peter explains to Ananias(who thought that only the brethren would be decieved)”you have not lied to men,but to God”

But we can clearly see from the passages I all ready provided that the Holy Spirit and the Father are seperate beings.Otherwise why have seperate terms for the same being?It would make passages like Matt. 28:19,1 Cor,13:14,Eph.4:4-6 redundant.

To me,this is not human logic.Why does Christ in Matt.28 tell his disciples”…baptizing them in the name of the Father,and the Son,and the Holy Spirit.”?If the Holy Spirit is God Himself,why even reference the name Holy Spirit?

The reason is this.All three beings have a part played in our salvation.The Father is the author,designer,originator of the plan of salvation(Acts 2:22-23,Eph.4:11,Eph.1:3-5,..).Jesus is the fullfillment of this covenant(Eph 4:11,Eph.1:19-20,John 3:16-17).The Holy Spirit is the gift/gifts we possess in ourselves for salvation to be possible(Acts 2:38,John 16:13)

The only sin leading to death is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit,or to turn your back on,deny,or count as nothing that which God has given you for your salvation.But the Holy Spirit is not God…just bestowed with God's power to serve the Father's will.

Hi TheOne,

Is this NOT what you continue to say, denying “HolySpirit” is Jesus' Father?

Explain how these verses support your conclusion
    'I all ready provided provided that the Holy Spirit and the Father are seperate beings'

Matt.2819: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
    in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the HolySpirit:

2Cor.13:14: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God,
    and the communion of the HolySpirit, be with you all. Amen.

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

You draw conclusions with “NO” explanation, just to say
    that is the way you believe doesn't make it somehow become true.

Worse yet you turn your back on these verses, which call the “HolySpirit” directly Jesus' Father.

Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary
    was espoused to Joseph, before they came together,she was found with child of the HolySpirit.

Matt.1:20: But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord
    appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not
    to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon thee,
    and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing
    which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybibleocde.org

ED

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2010,21:22)
    Worse yet you turn your back on these verses, which call the “HolySpirit” directly Jesus' Father.

There is no scripture that says the Holy Spirit is Jesus Father!

The Holy Spirit is involved in every conception! Jesus is special because there is no human sperm!

He is the “Second Adam” and as opposed to Adam being from the earth, Jesus was the Lord from heaven! 1 Cor 15:47

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon thee,
    and the “POWER OF THE HIGHEST SHALL OVERSHADOW THEE: therefore also that holy thing

Why did you not highlight the Fathers part in the conception?

It doesn’t say he would be the Son of the Holy Spirit, does it?

And we know the Highest is the Father, don’t we?

Jesus was not called the Son of God untill he was born!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    God gave life to Adam and thence Eve and sent His creation to go and multiply.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ………Jesus said the FATHER is GOD and GOD is SPIRIT. How do you explain Jesus saying the FATHER WAS (IN) HIM, please explain how He was in HIM if not by HIS SPIRIT. GOD is SPIRIT. When Spirit is put in a man it begins to impute knowledge to hims and animate his body and actions through thoughts. You seem to think Jesus was unique as far as the FATHER berthing HIM , but what about ADAM scripture also calls Him a SON of GOD. Is He a GOD ALSO. After all GOD created Him and brought him into life also. While the spirit in a person may be of GOD that knowledge of good and evil had to be poured or installed into him or he could not have any knowledge it is what enlightens him and that is the spark of life in him and dictates how he lives and what he produces in his life. rather fruits of the flesh gained by the Spirit (intellect) from the WORLD or Fruits of the Spirit of GOD gained by the SPIRIT of GOD in him. Spirit is simply (INTELLECT) and must be accompanied with some form of power or it can not produce anything. GOD SEVEN SPIRITS ARE CONNECTED WITH POWERS IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BE EFFECTIVE. GOD the FATHER is the ONLY (BEING) that can Live (IN) His creation . Just as he was in Jesus. IMO

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2010,14:06)

1) There is no scripture that says the Holy Spirit is Jesus Father!

and the “POWER OF THE HIGHEST SHALL OVERSHADOW THEE: therefore also that holy thing

2) Why did you not highlight the Fathers part in the conception?

3) It doesn’t say he would be the Son of the Holy Spirit, does it?

4) And we know the Highest is the Father, don’t we?

5) Jesus was not called the Son of God untill he was born!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

1) You turn your back on these verses, which call the “HolySpirit” directly Jesus' Father.

Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary
    was espoused to Joseph, before they came together,she was found with child of the HolySpirit.

Matt.1:20: But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord
    appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not
    to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit.

and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing

2) I did, but you deny it!

3) It does in the verses you clipped!

4) Were suppose to (AKJV Psalm 83:18)

5) Is NOT Luke 1:35 saying this even before the conception?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybibleocde.org

Viewing 20 posts - 3,301 through 3,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account