The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………When will we see you start to understand scripture , like what WORDS really are. They are the expression of ones intellect, which you seem to not understand. Jesus said the (WORDS) i am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT, SO if i agree with Him and (understand ) what a WORD (IS), how is that parroting my own ideas?

gene

martian
    Participant

Gene,
    Can I give a man a test which determines his intellectual capabilities and by the results know the person's character?
    Having the character of God as seen in christ is the goal of God's plan for us. that character is not determined by our intellectual abilities.
    There are many that have great intellectual abilities that waste their time on facts that produce no fruit toward becoming like christ. Accumulating facts and having the ability to think abstractly concerning those facts does not necessarily produce character.
    You must also include the will of a person. No matter the facts and the persons ability to absorb the facts his will must be willing to accept and act upon them. Far too often our wills ignore the intelegent factual thing to do in order to seek our own will.

flowing love is what we need

martian
    Participant

Even the Title of the post sends a bias message.
    “Holy spirit” is a false interpretation of the word.
    Holy implies something spiritual. In Hebrew the word means set aside for a special purpose.
    spirit means breath or wind. Insert the right translations into scripture and you take away half of the personifications forced into scripture

huh

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jfc……….Word are (SPIRIT) the wind that comes out of you mouth to form words comes from Spirit in the mind. A persons intellect is His spirit in him and is expressed by WORDS. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So word is not spirit but COMES FROM SPIRIT?
    Spirit is IN THE MIND?

martian
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Dec. 04 2009,03:45)
    huh

Have you ever done a word study on the words “holy” and “spirit”?
    In the Hebrew “holy” means set aside for a special purpose and “spirit” means wind or breath.
    The terms Holy spirit carry with it a personification. It makes it sound like a person. If you substitute the meaning of the words into the text it does not carry the same flavor. Holy spirit is a poor translation of the Hebrew words. It should have been translated “special wind or breath”.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 18 2009,06:00)
    The issue to can be made clearer in a few simple understandings.
    The actual meaning of “spirit” in the OT and NT is virtually the same. It means wind or breath. Ruarch in the OT and Pneuma in the NT. In fact the word pneumatic comes from the Greek word. Pneumatic as in moving air.
    If one had an open mind and read these definitions into the text, the personification of the Holy spirit looses all it’s power.
    From a Hebrew perspective breath or wind depicts the moving of the trade winds that guided the nomadic peoples of the East. The Hebrew minds relates everything to their physical environment. They would see the moving of God’s breath upon them in the same way they saw the guidance of the tradewinds.
    Breath also carries with it the concept of the character of the breather. When the breath of God blows on us we are given the wonderful opportunity to view the character of God in our circumstances. This is how God teaches us of his wisdom and character. We then are presented the choice between God’s character or our own knowledge of Good and Evil.
    The Holy spirit (as it is called in the English bibles) is really a blowing of God’s breath/character/wisdom in our lives. It is God only in the sense that it carries the revealing of God’s character. It is not a separate person of God.
    The word “holy” in Hebrew means simply “set aside for a special purpose.” God’s breath set aside to guide and direct us toward the goal of becoming like him.
    I too use the improper term Holy spirit instead of the proper definition of breath, but in my mind I do not allow that term to persuade me of some personification.

Hi Martin,

The HolySpirit is GOD!
    The HolySpirit “is” both Jesus' Father(Matt.1:18) and GOD(Luke 1:35)!

How is it you say GOD is only merely wind?

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honor myself, my honor is nothing:
    it is my Father(HolySpirit) that honoreth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Yet you say He is only wind?
    Are you really that confused?

God's servants on this forum present to you a choice of God's character,
    they can surly help you remove the confusion in your mind of you deciding Good from evil by your own knowledge.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    the Spirit of God is the SPIRIT  OF   GOD.
    God is more than just His Spirit.
    He IS in heaven

martian
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 04 2009,05:50)

Quote (martian @ Nov. 18 2009,06:00)
    The issue to can be made clearer in a few simple understandings.
    The actual meaning of “spirit” in the OT and NT is virtually the same. It means wind or breath. Ruarch in the OT and Pneuma in the NT. In fact the word pneumatic comes from the Greek word. Pneumatic as in moving air.
    If one had an open mind and read these definitions into the text, the personification of the Holy spirit looses all it’s power.
    From a Hebrew perspective breath or wind depicts the moving of the trade winds that guided the nomadic peoples of the East. The Hebrew minds relates everything to their physical environment. They would see the moving of God’s breath upon them in the same way they saw the guidance of the tradewinds.
    Breath also carries with it the concept of the character of the breather. When the breath of God blows on us we are given the wonderful opportunity to view the character of God in our circumstances. This is how God teaches us of his wisdom and character. We then are presented the choice between God’s character or our own knowledge of Good and Evil.
    The Holy spirit (as it is called in the English bibles) is really a blowing of God’s breath/character/wisdom in our lives. It is God only in the sense that it carries the revealing of God’s character. It is not a separate person of God.
    The word “holy” in Hebrew means simply “set aside for a special purpose.” God’s breath set aside to guide and direct us toward the goal of becoming like him.
    I too use the improper term Holy spirit instead of the proper definition of breath, but in my mind I do not allow that term to persuade me of some personification.

Hi Martin,

The HolySpirit is GOD!
    The HolySpirit “is” both Jesus' Father(Matt.1:18) and GOD(Luke 1:35)!

How is it you say GOD is only merely wind?

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honor myself, my honor is nothing:
    it is my Father(HolySpirit) that honoreth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Yet you say He is only wind?
    Are you really that confused?

God's servants on this forum present to you a choice of God's character,
    they can surly help you remove the confusion in your mind of you deciding Good from evil by your own knowledge.

God bless
    Ed J

It is a matter of translation. Do a word study on Holy and on spirit. you will see that the proper translation of the words in Hebrew are
    Holy = set aside for a special purpose
    spirit= breath or wind.
    The holy spirit in scripture is the breath or wind that comes from God.
    it was God's breath on Mary that made her pregnant.
    Are you really so confused that you cannot do a simple word study?

If you want to ignore the actual words of scripture that is on you.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 04 2009,05:58)
    Hi ED,
    the Spirit of God is the  SPIRIT  OF   GOD.
    God is more than just His Spirit.
    He IS in heaven

Hi Nick

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Dec. 04 2009,08:11)
    it was God's breath on Mary that made her pregnant.

Hi Martian,

Wind is used to describe “Spirit”; that does not mean “Spirit” is wind!
    1Kings 19:11 …but the LORD was not in the wind…
    Luke 8: 11 … “The seed” is “the word” of God!

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word(HolySpirit) of the oath,
    which was since the law, maketh the Son(Jesus), who is consecrated for evermore.

Mathew1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was epoused
    to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the “HolySpirit”.

Luke1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon thee,
    and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing(Jesus)
    which shall be born of thee shall be called the “Son of God”. Son of “HolySpirit”!

John 14:24 “He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and “the word” which ye hear
    is not mine, but the Father's(HolySpirit) which sent me.”

Jesus is called “the Son of God; because he is the biological Son of God.
    Science suggests blood in the fetus comes from the father.
    “Jesus”=74 had “God blood”=74 running through his veins.
    It’s the shedding of his father’s God blood that removes sin.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock,
    over the which HolySpirit hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God,
    which he(HolySpirit) hath purchased with his own (God)blood. (Hebrews 2:4)

It’s God’s breath(YHVH breath=117) on us that makes us “Children of God”.

Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
    but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
    Psalm 82:6 I(HolySpirit) have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God bless
    Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed j…………I believe the concept of wind is the best way to explain SPIRIT, because of the qualities as similar. Jesus use it also, He said the Spirit is like the wind you can see the effects of it but can't see it, Our intellect  and thinking is the same thing it can't be seeing but the effects of it can (so a man thinks so he is). Thoughts can be transmitted the same way , someone speaks a word and it is transmitted to another, it is not Seen but transmits thoughts and can cause a response to the other person.  i believe that is why Jesus said the WORDS He spoke (ARE) Spirit, Words are a unseen force and you don't know what someone is going to say , so you can't tell where it coming from and where it will go. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

the Holy Ghost can be described as wind

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JFC…………I believe Spirit is described as wind in a symbolic since because it very much resembles the attributes of wind. IMO

peace and love………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 05 2009,03:19)
    JFC…………I believe Spirit is described as wind in a symbolic since because it very much resembles the attributes of wind. IMO

peace and love………………gene

Hi Gene,

Though wind is an accurate description for Spirit; Spirit is NOT wind!
    1Kings 19:11 …but the LORD was not in the wind…

I was simply trying to get them to realize you need more than breath,
    you need words; a very important point, one that may not be overlooked!

[YHVH Breath=117] Paramount's to [YHVH Voice=117]!

God bless,
    Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed j………..i agree with that to. I said Wind was just a symbolic example of spirit, but not actually it. Spirit is thought or intellect which effects our hearts and minds. “let this Mind be in you that was (IN) Christ Jesus our lord”. Spirit is definitely the intellect of the mind given by GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

we are in our Lord

the Holy Ghost is the comforter and the father of Jesus

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account