The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,801 through 2,820 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 14 2009,18:41)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 14 2009,06:24)
    I go to an apostolic church now not baptist any moreb I found more

Your “church” is not a church at all.  It is a group of people who believe and preach and teach Sabellian heresy.

There is only ONE Church and it is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

Your church is NOT apostolic.

the reason we are apostolic/ pentecostal is we follow the teachings of Christ and the deciples, and we do recieve the baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidance like the day of pentecost ( yes I knopw pentecost was a feast day)

peter tought baptism in jesus name also ca where is that in the catholic church it aint there

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 18 2009,06:22)
    G,
    In which bible are these teachings to be found or are they gnostic?
    We are of the ever Living Spirit of the God of love but yours is of dull intellect?
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind unto the mind of Christ but his God is of love.

Nick………Go back and reread what i wrote, it is full of scriptures, if you would like i came post them for you, i just assumed most can recall then as i expressed them, if they had the Spirit (intellect) of GOD in them. However if you need specific chapters and verses i can gather them for you, and them may you will begin to understand. If you find opposition to what i or anyone else writes please have the decency post supporting scripture which shows the opposition, it would be a great help. Accusing a person of being a Gnostic when you don't even seem to understand the Gnostic teachings only shows your lack of knowledge. BY the way The word gnostic by it self is (NOT) a bad word Nick. IMO

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Scripture interprets scripture.
    You add to scripture.

georg
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 09 2009,02:42)
    Irene said:

If the Holy Spirit was a person, why did Paul never thank him? Rom. 1:8, 1 Cor. 1:4, Phil. 1:3, Col. 1:3, 1 Thes. 1:2; is not the Holy Spirit credited with teaching us all things? would he not deserve some thanks too?

Irene,
    Your question is easy to answer. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not speak of Himself but would “glorify Me.” It is not the Spirit's work to bring glory to Himself. This is why Paul never thanked Him. The one who has the Spirit in Him will thank the Father and the Son.

Irene said:

…is not the Holy Spirit credited with teaching us all things? would he not deserve some thanks too?

Of course the Spirit deserves some thanks. But He doesn't seek it. Don't you get it? You say that the Spirit teaches us. Please tell me if you ever had a teacher in school that wasn't a person. You admit to the Spirit's personality by saying that He teaches.

thinker

You don't even pay attention who is speaking!! It was my Husband Georg. Pay attention.
    Irene

georg
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 14 2009,21:13)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 14 2009,18:41)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 14 2009,06:24)
    I go to an apostolic church now not baptist any moreb I found more

Your “church” is not a church at all.  It is a group of people who believe and preach and teach Sabellian heresy.

There is only ONE Church and it is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

Your church is NOT apostolic.

Hi CA,
    But your denomination is not part of the body of Christ is it?.
    You know you must be born again from above to enter that.
    So why the overbearing approach to those who have joined?

Nick Born from above? Mmmmmmmmm
    Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……here is scripture that supports what i wrote.

Spirit being intellect………..Joh 6:63…> it is the spirit (intellect) that quickens, the flesh profits nothing : the word that I speak unto you (ARE, ARE, ARE, ARE ARE) spirit and they (the words) ARE,ARE,ARE,ARE, LIfE.  Now Nick what [part of that you don't understand is it some of it or all of it?

Joe 2:28……..And it shall come to pass aftward that I will (POUR OUT MY SPIRIT) , upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see vision: that is taking place it the minds through intellect given them, it is (NOT) a PERSON but intellect of MIND.

Eph 1:17 ….> That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give, unto you the spirit (intellect) of wisdom and revelation in the KNOWLEDGE OF HIM. This is not a being that is being give it is (intellect), wisdom, revelation in knowledge.

2Pe 1:2…..> Grace and peace be multiplied unto your through the (KNOWLEDGE) of GOD  and of Jesus our Lord., (this is talking about the knowledge they have their intellect or mind)  

Deu 34:9…….> And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; this Spirit (intellect ) was wisdom. Wisdom is intellect of the mind.

There are many many scripture that show Spirit is simply (intellect) of some kind and is in the (mind) of a person. Rather that person be GOD or man or angle.  IMO

These are just a few of hundreds that prove Spirit (IS) INTELLECT or the MIND and Nothing More……..But Nick what good does it do to post them if you refuse to believe What Jesus said Spirit was , you won't believe me either. Your argument is with Jesus not me Jesus said Spirit is exactly what i have posted, it up to you to believe him or cling onto you own Gnostic concepts, of Preexistence and Spirits being Beings like demons and devils. There is only one Being that is Spirit and that is GOD himself, all others are beings have spirit (intellect) in them.  Read and understand the word of Jesus for a change don't take my word for it. John 6:63… let it sink in and learn from Christ himself, it will clear up your confusions.  IMO

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 23 2009,04:43)
    G,
    Scripture interprets scripture.
    You add to scripture.

Nick……..Scripture does interpret Scripture so why can't you understand what Jesus Said Spirit was then? You have yet to show (ANY) Scripture that contradicts what i have said or quoted. But yet you clam you are born of spirit and can't understand what Spirit is, even when Jesus describes it. If you understood being born from above is an enlightenment of the MIND which is the intellect of a person being enlightened by GOD to come to KNOW Truth, you would have no problem understanding this.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So rebirth of the Spirit can lead to the mind of Christ by the teaching of the Spirit according to the feeding on the Word.[1Jn2, Rom12]
    The mind is only one aspect of this rebirth which is also of love unto fruit and power unto works.
    So you need to enlarge your view from intellect.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The fruit of the mind of Christ guiding the understanding is that no new teachings are added to scripture.[Jn14-16]
    Think again.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Wrong the MIND of CHRIST (IS) the SPIRIT (INTELLECT) of GOD , that is why we can have it in US also, it is the exact (SAME) mind that was (IN) Jesus, The MIND of the ANOINTING from GOD.  Jesus is not in Us, the same MIND that was in HIM is IN US> Get it. That is why Jesus said,(YOU) GOD (IN) Me and I in them. How is Jesus is us, by that same MIND of GOD that is in HIM. That GOD may be in (ALL) and through (ALL). ONE GOD ONE MIND OF GOD, THAT IS THE INTELLECT OR SPIRIT OF GOD. All the fruits you list are from the Spirit or intellect of GOD in our minds. So a man thinks so he is. If this mind that was in Jesus (GOD'S MIND) be in you (IT) will quicken you mortal body's. GOD Spirits (intellects)are connected with Powers,  That is What was doing the miracles through Jesus it was GOD himself doing them. Jesus could have never done (any) miracle himself, he was a human being,  he simply did not have the power to, it was GOD the FATHER doing it through HIM. Same with the Apostles. You try to separate GOD'S Love from His Spirits (intellects) you can't, GOD'S love is connected to his spirit, and if you have it in you then you will also have His LOVE in YOU also.  

Nick i am not adding anything (new) it just you fail to see what is already there is the problem.  IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your narrow view of the Spirit of God insults Him denying His nature, His love and his Powers.
    There are no intellects shown in scripture so your words are of you, not Him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..My narrow view< Not it your lack of understanding thats the problem here no my so-called narrow view. You make statements but can't support them , show us how my view is narrow. Because isay God's Spirits are INTELLECTS or intelligent i am  making a narrow view of GOD, that is crazy and shows your lack of knowledge and understanding of GOD and His Spirits (intellects).

Spirit of Wisdom
    Spirit of truth
    Spirit of Love
    Spirit of mercy
    Spirit of a sound mind
    Spirit of discernment
    Spirit of the respect and reverence of GOD
    Spirit of Prophesy
    Spirit of Evil
    Spirit of GOOD
    Spirit of Unclean
    Spirit of adulatory
    Spirit of Idolatry
    Spirit of fornications

ON and on it goes these are (ALL) SPIRITS and are INTELLECTS IN THE MINDS OF PEOPLE, and compose their lives. We all live according to those Spirit (intellects) they effect all of our lives because they are what makes up life. The (ARE) the mind and are (LIFE) and the very life of it. WORDS ARE BOTH SPIRIT (AND) LIFE ALL WORD ARE, BECAUSE THEY EXPRESS THE INTELLECTS OR (SPIRITS) THAT ARE IN THE MIND. It is as simple as that, but trying to make it more as you do only shows your involvement in (MYSTERY RELIGION) thinking learned when you were a Catholic.  WE are told to come out of that (completely) not part way.  IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The Spirit is one and these are some of the abilities in that Spirit manifested by God which can be distributed according to His Will.
    You need to be reborn from above so you can see the kingdom.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 24 2009,03:12)
    Nick……..My narrow view< Not it your lack of understanding thats the problem here no my so-called narrow view. You make statements but can't support them , show us how my view is narrow. Because isay God's Spirits are INTELLECTS or intelligent i am  making a narrow view of GOD, that is crazy and shows your lack of knowledge and understanding of GOD and His Spirits (intellects).

Spirit of Wisdom
    Spirit of truth
    Spirit of Love
    Spirit of mercy
    Spirit of a sound mind
    Spirit of discernment
    Spirit of the respect and reverence of GOD
    Spirit of Prophesy
    Spirit of Evil
    Spirit of GOOD
    Spirit of Unclean
    Spirit of adulatory
    Spirit of Idolatry
    Spirit of fornications

ON and on it goes these are (ALL) SPIRITS and are INTELLECTS IN THE MINDS OF PEOPLE, and compose their lives. We all live according to those Spirit (intellects) they effect all of our lives because they are what makes up life. The (ARE) the mind and are (LIFE) and the very life of it. WORDS ARE BOTH SPIRIT (AND) LIFE ALL WORD ARE, BECAUSE THEY EXPRESS THE INTELLECTS OR (SPIRITS) THAT ARE IN THE MIND. It is as simple as that, but trying to make it more as you do only shows your involvement in (MYSTERY RELIGION) thinking learned when you were a Catholic.  WE are told to come out of that (completely) not part way.  IMO

gene

The term spirit can be applied in many ways:

spir·it (sprt) KEY

NOUN:

The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
    Incorporeal consciousness.
    The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.
    Spirit The Holy Spirit.
    A supernatural being, as:
    An angel or a demon.
    A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
    A fairy or sprite.

The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
    The essential nature of a person or group.
    A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.

An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
    A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
    spirits A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.
    A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
    Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
    The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: “The spirit of 1776 is not dead” (Thomas Jefferson).
    The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
    An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
    spirits An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.
    TRANSITIVE VERB:
    spir·it·ed , spir·it·ing , spir·its
    To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.
    To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.

——————————————————————————–
    ETYMOLOGY:
    Middle English, from Old French espirit, from Latin spritus, breath, from sprre, to breathe

Gene what you have been saying is only correct in a limited sense Nick and I agree in the total sense of what Spirit means and I am not saying you don't have a point I am just saying you are missing the broader and actual facts. You know that God is more than intellect you know that God is an actual being “The EverLiving God”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………What i am saying that by making it so broad as you and others do it completely losses its meaning. Go and gather all scripture that has the word Spirit in it and it will fit the simple meaning of Intellect or mind rather that mind is of God or man or angles it is still mind or intellects, however you put it. Spirit (intellects) is what animates bodies all of them, rather Angles or Man, even beasts are moved by intellects GOD has put in them, read JOB for proof. God is the only one who exists outside of a body He himself is PURE spirit, and He fills all thing with himself. When we die the spirit He has given us goes back to him, If he were to retract His Spirit (NOW) (ALL) that has life would cease to exist, because no life can exist outside of HIM. IMO

peace and love ……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Nope.
    No INTELLECT in the bible.
    Natural man is not of the Spirit of God but the breath.

Why not teach what is written and forget this gnostic nonsense?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….you have (NO) idea what Breath even is symbolically of literally, if you did you would not have made that statement. The breathe of GOD (IS) the SPIRIT(intellect) from GOD and GOD has given it to (EVERY) man coming into the World, and it returns to him when you die.

gene

God breathed life into man and we still need to get the Holy Ghost

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    men i still dont believe the readings i see ,understanding is not copying verse from the bible but it is understand the spirit or the essence of wath words expresses,abode some of you who think The holy spirit of God is a being,just think ;first let be clear GOD IS SPIRIT so there is no way that he will interacte whit any one in a other way but in SPIRIT,next,Christ whent he was resurected in one of is enconter with is diciples blow upon them and they received the holy spirit,one more there is only one who is HOLY AND THAT IS GOD,cHRIST ,APOSTELS AND THE THRUE CHRITIANS ARE DECLARED HOLY BECAUSE THEYR ACCEPTANCE OF GOD WILL THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, so if you stop sinning and change your ways according to God will freely ,then and only then you you benefit of Christ sacrifice,of course it is understood that you have to remain in this condition untill the end.Now if you do that you could say that you walk in the spirit of God just as Christ and the apostels and many others did,

If any one thinks that this is not supported by the scriptures let me know please

Viewing 20 posts - 2,801 through 2,820 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account