The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,781 through 2,800 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 07 2009,16:48)
    CA……….And you TRINITARIAN HERETICS SHALL BE SOUNDLY DEFEATED WHEN JESUS RETURNS ALSO. 2 Th 2.  The LIE will no longer be taught, because Jesus will destory it by His own Mouth at his return. Turning Jesus into (the man of Sin) by your false trinitarian teachings of Him being a GOD, when He said (“for thou are the (ONLY) true GOD”)  your teachings is a SIN against the commandment of GOD HIMSELF.

gene

Good post brother Gene.

Peace and love
    Adam

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 08 2009,11:59)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 09 2009,06:23)
    anti Christ means aginst Him and we all have a choice to do this or nopt to CA

Go look up the meaning of the Koine Greek word “anti”.

It should be quite a “revelation” to you. (Since you guys are into “getting the revelation”)

Antichristos/ἀντίχριστος – The adversary of the Messiah. Is it such as to difference ἀντίχριστος from ψευδόχριστος? does ἀντίχριστος imply one who sets himself up against Christ, or, like ψευδόχριστος, one who sets himself up in the stead of Christ? Does he proclaim that there is no Christ? or that he is Christ? Schneckenburger, Jahrbuch für Deutsche Theologie, vol. iv. p. 405 sqq.

Anti/ἀντί – Over against, opposite to, before, for, instead of, in place of.

Any whom deny Christ died in our stead, and deny the resurrection are antichrists.

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 07 2009,12:55)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2009,15:37)
    Trinitarians believe that the Holy Spirit is a separate “being” of the triune God.  I suggest this was not the message of scriptures.  It is never mentioned of the Spirit as being the “third person of the trinity” anywhere in scriptures.  

As Michael L. Brown says in Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus,” p. 53:

…Is the “Spirit of God” the same as “God”? Yes and no.  The Spirit clearly has personality, since the Holy Spirit instructs the people of Israel and can be grieved or angered. Yet the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God-i.e., God's very Spirit, he is both giving himself as well as giving of himself.  The key is always this: God touches us, teaches us, interacts with us, and empowers us by his Spirit.

With that understanding it is very easy to understand why the “Holy Spirit” is not mentioned along with the Father in these following verses since references speaking of the person of the Father would assume that the innermost part of the Father to obviously be included in His person. See below and you will find plenty of scriptures that you would think would mention all “three persons” of the trinity but doesn't:

Matt 24:36
    36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
    NASU

John 5:23
    23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
    NASU

John 5:26
    26 “For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;
    NASU

John 6:40
    40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
    NASU

John 6:46
    46 “Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.
    NASU

1 John 2:23-24
    23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
    24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
    NASU

2 John 3
    3 Grace, mercy and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
    NASU

2 John 9
    9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
    NASU

Peace and love,
    Kathi

Kathi,
    How do you figure that statements which do not mention the Holy Spirit imply that He is not a distinct person? This is not a valid inference. Jesus said that he who blasphemes the Son may be forgiven and he who blasphemes the Holy Spirit may not be forgiven. There is no mention of the Father being blasphemed in Jesus' statement.

And what about the scriptures which speak of the fellowship of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? And what about the fact that Jesus said that He would send the Spirit who would be under His subjection? The Spirit was “sent.” Did the Father send Himself or did Jesus send the Father? The Spirit would speak what He hears from Jesus (John 16). Was the Father under Jesus? ???

As usual you pit scripture against itself. Have you considered that the absence of one or the other in any given statement may be for the sake of emphasis or to serve a particular point?

thinker

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: Mark 3:29

Anyone who becomes an enemy of the holy wind of truth will not receive forgivness, this is just not an anemy, this is an enemy who goes so far into hating Gods truth that he will not return.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So blasphemy against the blessed vessel of Jesus Christ will be forgiven but not that against the divine contents of the Spirit of God.

the only sin not forgiven according to my bible is blaspheming the Holy Ghost

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    So Jesus was not God or blasphemy against him would have meant the same price.

huh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Serious blasphemy is against our God including His Spirit, and not against His Son, Jesus Christ.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Sep. 08 2009,06:08)
    from what I know from being in the baptist church for so long they say God is a person, Jesus is a person , and the Holy spirit is a    
    person
     How can a person live inside you?
      God is a spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth. john 4:24
       If God is a spirit isn't He the holy spirit?
        My thought is that if God is a spirit He is not seperate from the Holy Spirit

Yes, that is true, the Spirit is Gods Holy Spirit, and not another seperate Spirit as the third person of the trinity.  .  You go to a Baptist Chrch.  Do you know that they believe and teach the trinity doctrine? Scriptures tell us to come out of Her my people.  So if you don't believe in a trinity why are you going to that  Church?
    Peace and Love Irene

I go to an apostolic church now not baptist any moreb I found more

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 14 2009,06:24)

Your “church” is not a church at all. It is a group of people who believe and preach and teach Sabellian heresy.

There is only ONE Church and it is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

Your church is NOT apostolic.

georg
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 09 2009,02:42)
    Irene said:

If the Holy Spirit was a person, why did Paul never thank him? Rom. 1:8, 1 Cor. 1:4, Phil. 1:3, Col. 1:3, 1 Thes. 1:2; is not the Holy Spirit credited with teaching us all things? would he not deserve some thanks too?

Irene,
    Your question is easy to answer. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not speak of Himself but would “glorify Me.” It is not the Spirit's work to bring glory to Himself. This is why Paul never thanked Him. The one who has the Spirit in Him will thank the Father and the Son.

Irene said:

…is not the Holy Spirit credited with teaching us all things? would he not deserve some thanks too?

Of course the Spirit deserves some thanks. But He doesn't seek it. Don't you get it? You say that the Spirit teaches us. Please tell me if you ever had a teacher in school that wasn't a person. You admit to the Spirit's personality by saying that He teaches.

thinker

That was not Irene that said that, it was Georg.

georg
    Participant

But do you know what they believe? Remember I called one up in our City!!!
    A oneness Church believes that Jesus and the Father are equal. And according to Jesus that is not so.

John 14:28 … for my Father is greater then I.

1 Corinth. 11:3 The head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Jesus said several times that He has come to do the Father's will.
    He also said that He will only do what He sees the Father doing. He has come to do the Fathers will.

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 14 2009,18:41)

Your “church” is not a church at all.  It is a group of people who believe and preach and teach Sabellian heresy.

There is only ONE Church and it is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

Your church is NOT apostolic.

Hi CA,
    But your denomination is not part of the body of Christ is it?.
    You know you must be born again from above to enter that.
    So why the overbearing approach to those who have joined?

how can you be in apostolic and catholic if your first pope was peter sand you dont follow his teachings which came from God Ca?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..This thread is “the holy spirit: a separate person or…. No Holy spirit is (NOT) a seperate (person) in fact it is not a person at all, It is Pure INTELLECT and is poured out upon People from GOD Himself. GOD himself is SPIRIT Jesus said, Therefore it says (I) shall pour forth of (MY) Spirit upon all people and your sons and daughters shall prophesy. Spirit in its simplest term is Intellect that enlightens the mind. All who come into the world have some enlightenment, some more then others. This enlightenment ability to perceive is from GOD ” who enlightens every man coming into the world. There is Higher and lower forms of Spirits (intellects) the spirit (intellect) of the world which we learn after being born into it , is the lower form of Spirit intellect, the higher form is FROM GOD. Jesus told them they were of the lower form or from below, He was from the higher form of Intellect (above) . Trying to make Spirit as a Individual Person is a false teaching , Spirit is Simply (INTELLECT) and if its of GOD'S Spirit it is GODLY INTELLECT. IF it is from the world it is worldly intellect , it just that simple. You can not Separate GOD from HIS SPIRITS or INTELLECTS, no more then you can be separated from your Intellects.

If GOD'S Spirit is in you , GOD Himself is in you, did not Jesus say the FATHER (WAS) IN HIM> Indeed He was by the mind that was (IN)n Jesus, a mind WE can have in us also, and this MIND (IS) Spirit. (intellect of GOD). The Spirit that is in a person is expressed by or through words, as a result we are able to try the spirits (intellects) to see if they are of GOD or Not. To me Spirit is not a being it is what is (IN) the being. If GOD'S Spirit is in you HE GOD is in YOU because GOD is SPIRIT. “That God may be (ALL) and in YOU ALL.”. IMO

peace and love to you all………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    In which bible are these teachings to be found or are they gnostic?
    We are of the ever Living Spirit of the God of love but yours is of dull intellect?
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind unto the mind of Christ but his God is of love.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Do you think you are among those who are specially enlightened?
    Or is this stuff you write of the carnal mind?
    It is not written by God.

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 15 2009,09:27)
    how can you be in apostolic and catholic  if your first pope was peter sand you dont follow his teachings which came from God Ca?

Sabellius,

It is you who deny the faith of Peter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Peter did not teach any trinity so do you know more?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,781 through 2,800 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account