The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2009,07:08)
    Hi TT,
    Did you not know the Spirit proceeds from God?
    The finger of God has all the abilities of the Father.

Exactly. Therefore, the finger of God is God. So now you are a binitarian. All that is needed now is for you to see that Jesus also is the “finger” (power) of God (1 Corinthians 1:24).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So if your finger is if you are there two of you?
    Did you cut it off?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2009,07:16)
    Hi TT,
    So if your finger is if you are there two of you?
    Did you cut it off?

Nick,
    I assumed we were both speaking metaphorically. I have one reliable employee who is my “finger.”

Me + my finger (employee) = two

Is it really that hard for you Nick? ???

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Do you know of FINGERS that are of any use when cut off?
    Like branches fit only for the fire?

no use when cut off

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….take your meds and chill out a little, WE are talking about the attributes of GODS Spirit and WJ has brought out some interesting points. Stop with the personal assaults brother. IMO

peace and love ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the Spirit is as the finger of God.[Lk11/mt12]

A healthy finger is not deliberately removed from the body by a sane person and if it happens then it does not become another separate and independant person but becomes lifeless does it not?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……What i have noticed is when we apply (INTELLECT) to the word SPIRIT it does make it more easly understood and most scripture does go along with this. Question could arise as to what constitutes a being , and i believe that a being is a body with Spirit in it. Now I also believe this does not include LORD GOD HIMSELF because He obviously is a BEING, but I don't think he has a body per say, but lives vicariously through his creation. we say” I think therefore I am” and GOD puts it “I am that I am” or He exist that He Exists. We can not see our thinking, neither can we see GOD, JOHN Said no one (CAN) SEE GOD and even Jesus said no man has seen GOD at any time. God is ever where because He live in HIS creation, He gives intellect to it and therefore He is it's (LIFE), and it's sustainer. I believe without GOD'S Spirit all things would cease to exist He is What LIFE ITSELF IS> what s your thought on this.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……lets not get off subject Here, I know what you are saying, but that not the point we were talking about. The finger of GOD Spoken by Jesus was showing GOD was Performing the WORKS HE was doing. I know that NICK.

peace and love to you…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your intellect stuff is not in scripture and nobody seems to want to buy it.
    The intellect is the seat of man's vanity and leads to false teachings

wisslewj
    Participant

Gene,

what did you think of the example I gave? Is that what you are getting at? Do you see it differently? If so why and how? I am curious as to what you think.

Jeff

NickHassan
    Participant

Cute G.
    But not very relevant.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (wisslewj @ Sep. 09 2009,10:49)
    Gene,

what did you think of the example I gave?  Is that what you are getting at?  Do you see it differently?  If so why and how?  I am curious as to what you think.

Jeff

Jeff……….I am not sure if i follow it exactly . What I believe is that GOD IS SPIRIT PURE SPIRIT And has seven attributes called the seven spirits of GOD. These attributes are all in Jesus as seen in Rev, Notice also they are the eyes of GOD that go to and fro through all the earth. and they are on HORNS a symbol of POWER, so these seven Spirits are with POWER and When Jesus comes He will come with the full power and Spirit of GOD. I see GOD the Father the creator of all things and He did it through his seven spirits with power, in fact the word Elohim is a uni-plural Word , meaning (POWERS) according to Hebrew . It is the US mentioned in Genesis i believe. GOD created every thing through his seven Spirits with power. IMO

peace and love……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Depends on whose intellect your talking about GOD'S or MAN'S. And it is in Scripture , what do you think a (mind) is or a (WORD) is from , is it not he expression of ones intellect. AS I told you before you do not understand what SPIRIT is If you do then please explain it for us all. WE would love to hear you understanding of Spirit, with scripture support. I have already posted mine many times now its your turn. IMO

peace and love brother………………….gene

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 09 2009,04:11)
    TO ALL:

Romans 8:9 says that the Holy Spirit is the Father's Spirit and is also Christ's Spirit. So it cannot be said that the Holy Spirit is the Father. If the Spirit is Christ's also then we could as easily say that the Holy spirit is Christ. The Holy Spirit is a distinct Person and not an “it?”

Jesus said that blasphemy against the Son may be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not forgiven men. This should settle the matter. If the Holy Spirit is indistinguishable from the Father or Christ then how can blasphemy against the Son be forgiveable but not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? And how to men sin against an “it?”

thinker

Hi Thinker & WJ:

I don't profess to understand all there is regarding the Holy Spirit, but one thing is for certain the scripture states that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, and so, yes, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, and He dwells within us who are born again by His Spirit as our helper.

I disagree that the spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit. The spirit of Christ is the spirit of the Son which is the Word of God that has come from God to humanity through him and is that Word of God that he obeyed without sin even unto death on the cross.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Can you sort out Rom 8 which speaks in several ways of the SPIRIT.
    Where is the Spirit of the Son said to be the Word?

Rom 8?
    verse 9 sais the spirit Of God dwels in you

verse 10 ir Christ be in you the body is dead because of sin

verse 14 as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God

verse 33 who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elecl? It is God that justiieth

verse 35-39 sais what shall seperate us from the love of God? not death or life, angels, powers, things to come, height , or depth, or any other creature ( I did not exactly quote this one but did the rest out of kjv for I am a kjv only person) :blues:

KangarooJack
    Participant

Marty said:

I disagree that the spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit.  The spirit of Christ is the spirit of the Son which is the Word of God that has come from God to humanity through him and is that Word of God that he obeyed without sin even unto death on the cross.

???

thinker

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2009,16:54)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

I believe that the following scripture in Romans 8 shows the difference:

Rom 8:11   But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.  

The Spirit of him that raised Jesus from the dead is obviously the Holy Spirit, but he raised up Christ from the dead.

But from Matthew 16 the Father reveals to humanity that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God.

John 2

2Jo 1:9   Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1Cr 10:4   And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 09 2009,20:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2009,16:54)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

I believe that the following scripture in Romans 8 shows that the difference:

Rom 8:11   But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.  

The Spirit of him that raised Jesus from the dead is obviously the Holy Spirit, but he raised up Christ from the dead.

But from Matthew 16 the Father reveals to humanity that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God.

John 2

2Jo 1:9   Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1Cr 10:4   And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

So then you have 2 Spirits, and not “One Spirit”?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account