The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,561 through 2,580 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    You are right in saying “believe in God, believe also in me..” , the problem with Christendom today is; they have completely forgotten about the first part of this statement of Jesus.

Hope you will turn their attention to God the Father as Jesus always gave prime importance in his statements.

Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Now we see the opposite.
    Men claiming Jesui is only their brother and they can bypass him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..We are called the brothers of Christ and we are Joint heirs with him, we are called to come along side Him, we even are called a Royal Priest Hood, come on no one is removing Jesus from the scene, we simply are Putting the FATHER as the HEAD of Christ, and us, Jesus is the first born head of the family of GOD, and while he has been given authority over us , he has one over him also. You know as well as we all the The Father is hardly ever Spoken of even Here, I don't recall you ever Glorifying HIM Here, Like you do Jesus. Thats the same thing the worldly Churches do. If you are a true follower of Jesus you will be giving the Father (ALL) the GLORY as Jesus did saying “i have glorified (YOU) on the earth”.

peace and love…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Is that why you prefer worldly teachers over the bible?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………you have no idea who i or anyone here prefers, thats just trash coming out of you mouth from a confused mind is all.

peace and love to you…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So Jesus as a teacher is far above Socrates and Newton?
    I agree.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……so who ever said Socrates or Newton or anyone else except the Farther was above Jesus and all. And if Jesus is (FAR) ABOVE YOU then you are not well taught by the one you supposedly call the master. Do you understand what a fool your making of yourself by your continual trashing me and others here NICK. “for the student is not (ABOVE) his TEACHER, but its enough that He (IS) JUST LIKE HIM”, Nick you need to wake up and grow to the (“FULL STATURE OF CHRIST”) go figure out what that means before you start trashing others.

peace and love……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Are you now equal to the head?
    As a student are you equal to the teacher?
    Is he really no longer truly your master and Lord?

That explains your approach?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………when did i ever say i was equal to the head? WE all are to grow the The (FULL) measure of Christ, it plainly says that, Jesus Himself said “it's enough that the student is just like his teacher”, are you denying this then?. Your so blinded by you desire to discredit me you can't even get what i am saying. Pathetic !. And stupid!.

love and peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Matthew 10:25
    “It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!

Indeed a faithful disciple will be abused like the teacher. But we have one teacher.

Matthew 23:8
    “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

nick, I did not take you for a ignatius or polycarp.  thought you to be more of a luke or john type

gene, have you ever studied the writings of maricon?

Sometimes we are on the fine line of the Gnotics of old, we all cannot be orthodox (correct opinion) and we all cannot be heretics (one who chooses).

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

wob………I have studied some of their teachings , but what i have read about their teachings i disagree with , I don't believe that Jesus was another GOD , who came to fix What another EVIL God Created Here on earth. I do believe there is a divine Spark or SPIRIT that comes from the ONE and ONLY TRUE God and enters into our hearts and minds though.

Tell me wob,… have you ever studied the Pauline's teachings , I find them pretty good, and there appeared to be many miracles involved with his teachings , they were persecuted by the RCC and the PROTESTANT Churches, There history can be traced all the way to modern anti-Trinitarian movements. Many of our founding Father were aligned with them Like Thomas Jefferson. Benjamin Franklin and Newton and others. They did not believe in the Trinity or the Eucharist and indulgences, and Mary being the mother of GOD. They were greatly persecuted by Catholics and Protestant Churches. interesting reading.

wob….don't know if we have ever meet , welcome to the site . and hope you gain some good incites here.

love and peace to you and yours……………….gene

good day; gene,

tend to stay away from the pauline teachings, but thanks for the reference. please correct me if i am wrong, but some of the 'founding' men you mentioned were they not free masons.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

wob……I miss guided you by saying the Pauline teaching , what i meant was Paul of Samosata and i believe they were called the Paulicans. They were greatly persecuted by the RCC and later the Protestants also. as i recall.
    i also disagree with the Pauline teachings. As far as our founding Fathers being free masons i don't Know. I know that Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the TRINITY nor followed the teaching of the Church He followed the anti-trinitarian movement He was totally against Church involvement in politics. Believed Church and state should be kept desperate , thank GOD for that. He saw what the Church did in England and Europe and didn't want that to happen here. Sorry abut the mislead. Isaac Newton was another anti-trinitarian and a great bible Scholar. IMO.

love and peace to you and yours…………………..gene

matt and karen just named their cat newton. if needed will read more on newton.

church and state not together, would it not be wonderful if the state was run by the word of Yah, there would be no state, no divisions actually, it would be heaven…………..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

wob…..if you go to the Isaac Newton Project and read some of His papers on theology I believe you will be inspired, And i do agree with you if the whole world was truly under Yah”s government it would be a wonderful world. Some day i believe that will happen.

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the promise of the Spirit of God is unto His chldren even now.

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………go an find out what Repentance is and How it is received into a person. and you wont be so confused. The repentance Peter was talking about was to repent of (their UNBELIEF) in Jesus which had already taken place , when they were pricked in their Hearts and convicted by the holy Spirit of what they did. (what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD) They were at that time repentant.

peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    If they had already repented why did Peter tell them to repent??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……what do you suppose Peter told them to repent of (if it wasn't their unbelief then) Do you think it was all their sins, they never did that or you either. The way you look at salvation we repent of all of our sins and having no more sins we then baptized and never sin again because if we do then we parish because we truly didn't repent of all our sins right. Is that how you see it Nick?

peace………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,561 through 2,580 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account