The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,521 through 2,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Logic is confined to human understandings.

But
    'My ways are not your ways..”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Logic is GOD given and if its guided by HOLY (intellect) WORDS it becomes HOLY LOGIC not wisdom of the world. Logic is simple the process of reasoning , there can be GODLY REASONING or WORLDLY REASONING, we have the SPIRIT OF IN US and WE REASON WITH IT> to think all reason or logic is just Human is pure stupidity. WE HAVE THE MIND OF THE ANOINTING< and therefore our thoughts (ARE) His thoughts. When God made that statement "My ways are not your ways " he was talking about CARNAL MINDED ISRAELITES. Reread what EP wrote , you classifying anyone who disagrees with you as " human understanding"or "worldly Logic" is simply a cop out, and you are using those terms to simply trying to give yourself a superior position here. If you classify someone that way you need to (PROVE IT) not just mouth it off.

WAKE UP NICK……love and peace………………………….gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Holy logic?
    Sounds like some sort of idol.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Logic is of the wisdom of men
    1 Corinthians 2:5
    That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

This is the wisdom of God
    Jas3
    13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

It is found in scripture and not human ideas.
    Lk11
    49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

We should love scripture rather than human wisdom.
    Lk11
    28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Seeing you don't even know what Spirit is i fully understand you ignorants to what said, but yes there is LOGIC that is of GOD and it IS HOLY. Your need to read what EP said it fits you to a Tee.

peace………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I would rather remain ignorant and foolish in the eyes of the world if faithfulness to scripture was more valuable than human wisdom in God's eyes.

2Cor11
    1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………what if your both ignorant and foolish in the eyes of the World and GOD. Because you reject even His wisdom calling it (WORLDLY) because it disagree with YOU. You need to think about that Nick.

peace…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Your call should you choose to make it.
    You have free will.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..”O” where is that written Nick. I neither have “free will” nor YOU, have it either, you will do what influences you the most as proved all you life.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You said we choose which to be influenced by?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Where did i ever say that was “FREE Choice” what influences us is FAR FROM “FREE” it is Choice (CAUSED) by influence nothing “FREE” about it. You will chose what ever influences because it controls you. Go figure this out and you will have your answer, Scripture says “Christ came to set the captives FREE. And it also says He led a host of CAPTIVES , “CAPTIVE”. answer that and you will have the understanding about (FREE WILL). Hint (there is not free will Nick).

love and peace to you………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,m
    Then why do you not believe scripture?
    You quote it enough.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….i do believe scripture and more i understand it, thats the problem here, you believe but don't understand it.
    you see everything in physical and literal terms and don't comprehend the spiritual terms Nick. IMO

peace………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    But you reject Rev 20 and perhaps much more.
    So how can it be you can understand what you do not accept?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………That your mouth talking, i do except Rev 20, it's your understanding of it i reject. Remember it says that Revelation was signified and given to us. Go look up that word (Signified) and start using it when reading Revelations, you might see it different. It's symbolic language Nick . you can't even begin to understand it without understanding the symbols used.

peace……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Revelation is truth and you should not remove anything from it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………not removing anything from it , just trying to understand the symbolism used in it , because it say it was symbolized and therefore to understand it we must understand the symbols used. If you are looking at everything in Revelations as LITERAL , you have (NO) idea what it is talking about, you must apply the symbols to understand it properly.

And quite making false (ASSUMPTIONS) I know the book of Revelations is truth and i am not removing anything from it, if i have please show me or quite making false accusations about me. Post you proofs or shut up about accusing people.

Love and peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You have denied Satan and the PIT in Rev20.
    Allegorising without authority is denying.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..I have never denied there is an adversarial or (SATAN) Spirit , Its you who say He is a person or dragon of some literal kind , Which is denying Scriptures not me, because i know He is not a Literal “DRAGON” flying around . And allegorising the book of revelations is not denying anything , the book was written in symbolic language if you disagree with that then your denying scripture not me. .

You still refuse to answer the question where is the (LITERAL) BOTTOMLESS PIT AT? Seeing you know so much and understand it and you must because you say anyone who disagrees with you is denying scripture. So tell us where this bottomless pit is or what it is then. If you can't then don't be telling other they are denying anything.

peace and love to you nick……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You want knowledge or faith?
    Why do we need to know where the pit is to believe?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,521 through 2,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account