The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Not so.
    The Spirit of God abided in him from the Jordan just as that Spirit gave and still gives life to the men of old..
    Matthew 22:32
    I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Mark 12:27
    He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Luke 20:37
    37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Hebrews 13:5
    Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Oct. 05 2008,15:01)
    Hi all,
    We lost track of one of my favourite threads “The Holy Spirit”. Here are my new queries;

1. If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father then how does Jesus have control over that in saying “I will send the comforter from the Father” ?

2. If there is only one Spirit as told by Paul, then how did Jesus say that Father and himself come and take their abode in a person ?

3. There are many places in the Bible it is mentioned that we haved recieved the Spirit of the Father and some places it is also mentioned that we have received the Spirit of Jesus; if so how many Spirits do they make ?

Please debate on these questions if you are interested.
    Peace to all
    Adam

Hi Adam,

How I see it is that Jesus was raised by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) not separate from God – Jesus became “one” with God, is the Son of God – heir of all things – he is Gods regent, and is the mediator between man and God – he gives us the Spirit that he got from his Father Spirit/resurrection/life seem to all go together

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Jhn 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

It is the same Spirit just we can only come to the Father through Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    God poured of His Spirit into Christ and does not repour into us but insists that we share in the Spirit given to Jesus.

Jn7
    37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Thus we are one in the Spirit with God and with Jesus and each other and the men of old.
    No longer jew and gentile but one.

meerkat
    Participant

Yes Nick, I agree.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………you said, God poured of His spirit into Christ and (does not repour into us) but insists that we share in the Spirit given to Jesus.

Please show us were that is said in scripture,

Joe 2:28……> “And it shall come to past afterward, that (I) GOD< will pour out (MY SPIRIT) upon (ALL FLESH) and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Is this not what happened on the day of Pentecost. Peter seem to think so. Why do you try to limit what God the Father can do. Where has He Separated Jesus from our identity and likeness. So why do you try to.

Nick on what authority do you do you change scripture to fit your speculations. Is it alright for you to do this and then criticize other for giving their views on whats written.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Any pouring of the Spirit is from God but for us it comes by Christ.
    Jl 2 has yet to be fulfilled.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….> Peter did not thinks so,….> Act 2:16-19 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it shall come to pass in the last days, saith GOD, I will (pour out) of (may Spirit upon all flesh): Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions , and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my hand maidens I will in those days, (pour out of my Spirit); and they (SHALL) Prophesy:

Nick….you keep trying to change scripture to meant you personal views, brother. And then you accuse other of doing that very same thing.

Peace and love to you brother……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Peter reveals that what is happening at Pentecost is of the type of Jl 2.

No reasonable person could see the hundred or so blessed of the Spirit as the pouring out on all flesh

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…… First of all the term (ALL) was in reference to God opening up Salvation to man in general sense, Secondly there were three thousand add to the church that day. hardly a mere hundred. And you said He (didn't) pour it out on (ANY) only Jesus.

love and peace to you and yours…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Did you see all of this in the account of Pentecost?
    Jl2
    10The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

12Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

13And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

14Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?

15Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

16Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

17Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

18Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.

19Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:

20But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.

21Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.

22Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.

23Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

24And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

25And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

26And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

So the outpouring is AFTERWARDS

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….. WE did not see it there because it not there, but what Peter said is and also what Jesus said to is there, So are you saying Peter and Jesus was lying then, when He said this is what was written by Joel and then proceeded to quote it. Pick and chose scripture to back up you personal theologies and rejecting the ones that don't back it up. Jesus said they would recieve the Spirit from GOD and they as well over three thousand also did. For (GOD) added unto the Church three thousand that day. This is the first time such a out pouring took place and it continues even unto this day. Even Paul said GOD has given some prophets , some Apostles , some miracle workers, some speeching in tongues and etc, and all by the same spirit. The day of Pentecost is when the Spirit was poured out in a general sense on man kind. And the disciples were already baptized with water but had not Power in them, until they received it on the day of Pentecost as Jesus said they would. Peter was even called Satan So water baptism did not seem to do him any good did it.

Nick, you continually look at things in CARNAL WAYS, when are you going to see them Spiritually?

peace…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    We do not need to throw out any scripture but just align it.

Acts 2
    16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Indeed this is THAT which was spoken of.
    Not the full fulfillment of but the same as spoken of in Joel

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Ok when did the last days start do you even know. Explain it to us. And that still does not mean God did not pour out His Spirit on Flesh does it, maybe not all but , He did POUR OUT HIS SPIRIT< which you earlier said He didn't pour it out on anyone except Jesus.

peace to you………………gene

meerkat
    Participant

I more agree with Gene in that it is the Spirit of God that we are given – the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead – the same Spirit Of God that is in Jesus is in us. We are raised by the Spirit of God through Christ.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

And this says God sends HIS Spirit in Jesus name

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The Spirit of God is now also the Spirit of Jesus.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

I would disagree,

Jesus said it was Gods Spirit not his Spirit.

Once we have the Spirit of God will it then be the “Spirit of Nick” and the “Spirit of Gene” and the “spirit of meerkat”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……The spirit of Christ is and was the spirit of God the same Spirit GOD gives us, but in measure , it does not come (FROM) Jesus, If you break down the word properly would could understand that, (The Spirit Christ, is not the SPIRIT FROM or OF JESUS) The Spirit of the anointing (Christos) is What GOD give not Jesus. Your putting Jesus ahead of God the FATHER.

The Spirit of GOD is (NOW) the Spirit of Jesus? Where is that said, I always thought Jesus had the spirit of God in HIM. So now we are to believe the Father has nothing to do with it, its the Spirit of Jesus, So the Spirit comes from Jesus now and the Father is Just thrown out of the Picture. interesting teaching

peace to you…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Indeed the same Spirit in Christ was shared with all the brethren uniting them in him in God.
    The human spirit of Jesus left him at calvary.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………where is that written , and saying we have the same Spirit as Jesus is right, but thats not what you said , you were implying it was from Jesus himself as if His was the source of the Spirit not the FATHER. There by pushing the Father out of the picture completely.

peace and love brother……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Then you misunderstood me.
    Reread it

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account