The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,361 through 2,380 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Is your spirit another person from you?

gollamudi
    Participant

No, but how can God and Jesus have the same one Holy Spirit if they are two separate persons ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…….thats right , Jesus had the Spirit (intellect) of GOD in HIM, and we are told to let this MIND (Intellect) be in us also, and if it does (IT) will quicken our mortal bodies also like it did Jesus'. It All (ONE) GOD and ONE Spirit of GOD that was in Jesus and is in all who have, it the same Spirit that was and is in Jesus, that GOD may be all and in all.

love and peace to you and yours Adam…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Aug. 18 2008,22:45)
    No, but how can God and Jesus have the same one Holy Spirit if they are two separate persons ?

Hi Gm,
    Did not God pour of His own Spirit into Christ?
    Did Christ not become for us a living Spirit?
    Are they not now one in that Spirit?

Are we not given access to God in the Spirit of Christ?
    Are we not given to share in that Holy Spirit?
    Are we not one with God and Christ?

But the vessels never become the contents.
    There are one with that God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……you need to clarify the spirit of Christ you seem to present it as of Jesus Himself rather then as the spirit from GOD. To me the Spirit of the anointing that was in Jesus is more accurate. I may have misunderstood you.

peace ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    What is shared since the Jordan between God and His Christ
    is now shared among his brothers.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………right God the Father does Share His Spirit and that's the spirit that is in us and Jesus.

david
    Participant

Jesus Said my WORDS (ARE) SPIRIT,

Just wondering which scripture this is?

david
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 05 2008,04:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2008,16:08)
    Hi GB,
    God is a mouthpiece?
    For who?

Nick….God was in Christ guiding and directing Him and giving Him HIS words for Jesus to speak to us, Just as Jesus said. There are some places where God spoke First person through Jesus, for instance where it says, destroy this temple and in three days i shall raise it up. That was not Jesus speaking it was God Speaking directly through him. Jesus was dead he could not raise himself up, it was God that raised Him from the grave and God considers our bodies temples He can dwell in.

imo………gene

The definition of “mouthpiece” as used here is:
    “A spokesperson.”

Hence, Gene, God was not a mouthpiece for anyone. He is not a spokesperson for anyone.

Over and over and over again, we see that Jesus was a spokesperson for God. (I could provide a list of scriptures if you like.)

And if God was guiding and directing Jesus, giving him His words to speak, then Jesus is God's mouthpiece.

Nick…..Jesus is not the mouth piece of God, God is the mouth piece and Speaks through Jesus.

I think you grossly misunderstand the word “mouthpiece” which means “spokesperson.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David …..>I never said Jesus was a mouthpiece that was Nicks understanding of what i said not my words. I know full well Jesus was the spokesman of GOD. Jesus plainly said that the Father told him what to say and How to even say it. The whole thing of Nicks mouthpiece was an effort by Nick to put me down, as he has done with others also, Just overlook it.

peace brother………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Nothing personal . I am sure you are a lovely guy.
    Just your tendency to prefer opinion to scripture does not help us get ahead.
    Exodus 4:16
    Aaron will be your spokesman to the people. He will be your mouthpiece, and you will stand in the place of God for him, telling him what to say.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……> Moses complained to GOD that he was not good at speaking so that is was why God said Aron would be his mouthpiece. Your lack of scriptural understand just keeps coming out. Jesus did not have a speech impairment as Moses said He did. To say Jesus is GOD”S mouthpiece is to imply God has a impediment and is disrespectful of the Father as well as Jesus. Mouthpiece in this country is a negative statement and implies negative connotations while Spokesmen imply s a representative and a positive position.

Show us as you say Scripture the says Jesus was GOD'S mouthpiece. And it is you having a tendency to prefer your opinions over scripture in this case and which does not help us get ahead. IMO

david
    Participant

Show us as you say Scripture the says Jesus was GOD'S mouthpiece.

“Mouthpiece” means “spokesman.”

You yourself say:

I know full well Jesus was the spokesman of GOD.

Mouthpiece means spokesman. There are 20 or so scriptures that clearly state Jesus was a spokesman for God.

Nothing in scripture suggests God was a mouthpiece (spokesman) for Jesus.

That was my point.

Mouthpiece in this country is a negative statement and implies negative connotations while Spokesmen imply s a representative and a positive position.

My dictionary says they mean the same thing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David……..your dictionary is wrong if they meant the same thing why are there the two word to express it then. The scriptures show Mouth peace was because Moses had a speech impediment of some kind. If they were the exact same word then why are both used in the same sentence in scripture then. Its like thy sins and thy iniquities many think they are the same thing but while they both represent sin they are not of the same type. God uses Aron to Both represent him and be His mouthpiece because of Mose's Impediment. Jesus is never referred to as a mouthpiece. In fact God even spoke directly throughly Jesus mouth on several occasions, like when He said destory this temple and in three days (I) shall raise it up, that was GOD the Father First person speaking not Jesus. To him who has ears to hear let him hear.

imo……………….gene

david
    Participant

# a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person; “the mouthpiece of a respirator”
    # an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
    # a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
    # (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth
    # the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
    # the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Note the third definition.

1. A part, as of a musical instrument or a telephone, that functions in or near the mouth.
    2. Sports A protective rubber device worn over the teeth, as by boxers.
    3. Informal One, such as a spokesperson, through which views are expressed.
    4. Slang A defense lawyer.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mouthpiece

Note definition #3.

This is how people understand it.
    Here, the “spokesman” for the mayor is called his “Mouthpiece.”
    http://www.voiceofsandiego.com/articles/2008/08/16/news/02sainz081608
    .txt

Also, here:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/en:mouthpiece

“4.a person, newspaper, etc., that conveys the opinions or sentiments of others; spokesperson.”

One of the definitons of Mouthpiece is “spokeperson.”

david
    Participant

and of course they are not the exact same word, but one meaning of mouthpiece (other than a trumpet's mouthpiece for example) is: “spokesperson.”

Jesus was God's spokesperson,or mouthpiece, not the other way around.

God was not the mouthpiece (spokesman) of Jesus, as you suggest.

Perhaps that word really is used differently where you live.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Rather than a spokesperson for God, which can be a part time interest, Jesus really was a mouth piece for God echoing God's plans and decisions in every word his anointed mouth spoke. But it does not appear is scripture in this context, and neither was it ever quoted by me as such.

However GB it is great that you are paying attention to such matters and we should never see this spirit=intellect idea again.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………And David….> the word mouthpiece is not in the bible at least in the KJ. You need to read the complete thing from Ex 4:10-16 and you will not find the word Mouthpiece mentioned once. Again you both are forcing the text. In fact everyone should read the whole text listed and you might all be surprised what God creates , like the dumb, deaf, blind, and says Have not (I) made them that way.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI GB,
    So Jesus being the WORD does not mean to you he is the mouthpiece for God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….If you can separate Jesus' words from being (SPIRIT) then please do so or if you believe a word is not the expression of one intellect then please show us your logic then. Fact you cannot separate Spirit from ones Intellect its impossible. If we are to try the Spirits what are we trying if not the words a person speaks. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out Nick.

peace ………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,361 through 2,380 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account