The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Is it not wonderful that God gave us abiding in scripture as the evidence for His Spirit?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..the evidence of the Spirit is the Fruit of the Spirit. Love,mercy, long suffering, peace, Joy, and etc. Speaking or quoting scriptures is (NOT) a sign of the Spirit Even the devil quotes scriptures and appears as a messenger of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You are right that quoting scripture is no proof of anything.

2 John 1:9
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 02 2008,15:50)
    Nick…..the evidence of the Spirit is the Fruit of the Spirit. Love,mercy, long suffering, peace, Joy, and etc. Speaking or quoting scriptures is (NOT) a sign of the Spirit Even the devil quotes scriptures  and appears as a messenger of God.

Amen to that post brother Gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the Spirit of God takes us back to Jesus, the teacher.
    Jn14
    23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

No new teachings as the Spirit does not speak of His own initiative.

John 16:13
    “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Jesus is the mouthpiece of God.
    He did not speak of his own initiative.

John 12:49
    ” For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

John 14:10
    “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

We follow him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Jesus is not the mouth piece of God, God is the mouth piece and Speaks through Jesus. Trying to put Jesus ahead of the Father is not Scriptural. Jesus spoke God's words to Us not His own words. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God is a mouthpiece?
    For who?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2008,10:06)
    Hi,
    So the Spirit of God takes us back to Jesus, the teacher.
    Jn14
    23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

No new teachings as the Spirit does not speak of His own initiative.

John 16:13
    “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.  

Jesus is the mouthpiece of God.
    He did not speak of his own initiative.

John 12:49
    ” For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

John 14:10
    “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

We follow him.

Wonderful post brother Nick.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2008,16:08)
    Hi GB,
    God is a mouthpiece?
    For who?

Nick….God was in Christ guiding and directing Him and giving Him HIS words for Jesus to speak to us, Just as Jesus said. There are some places where God spoke First person through Jesus, for instance where it says, destroy this temple and in three days i shall raise it up. That was not Jesus speaking it was God Speaking directly through him. Jesus was dead he could not raise himself up, it was God that raised Him from the grave and God considers our bodies temples He can dwell in.

imo………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    As in the natural so in the spiritual. The temple must be cleansed.

Matthew 21:12
    Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Satans kingdom must be overcome and spiritual squatters removed.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….the Natural or carnal cleansing is an example of spiritual cleansing your right, God was showing the Israelites that they need to make a difference between the clean and the unclean things, they were carnal minded so He gave them carnal commandment to show a spiritual principle. We overcome the same way Jesus did by the power of God in Him and us. It is God who both forgives us and Cleanses us from ALL unrighteousness , just as it says.

Peace to you and yours………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This of course in context applies only to those established in Christ and not all men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….true but whose to say that will not happen eventually to All men is God incapable of forgiving all, It say He concluded ALL under sin that He might have mercy on ALL. So i don't think it fair to leave out any who can recieve God's mercy and healing work of cleansing them. Just my opinion

peace………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    It has never been a useful approach to forming good doctrine to find what is possible
    and then teaching it as if it was truth. That is only hopeful inference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So in context to whom does your quoting of ALL relate?

Rom11

26And so ALL ISRAEL shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto THEM, when I shall take away THEIR sins.

28As concerning the gospel, THEY are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, THEY are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through THEIR unbelief:

31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy THEY also may obtain mercy.

32For God hath concluded THEM all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

ISRAEL,
    not ALL MEN.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi All, my question to you is;
    Is the Holy Spirit a separate person from God?
    If not why he is subordinate in function to both Father and Jesus the Son of God as per Jn 16:13-15 ?

13 “But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
    14 He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
    15 Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you”

Please debate on these.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    Is God's own Spirit not working for God in Christ?
    Does not your finger serve you?

gollamudi
    Participant

May be but still I'm not satisfied with that answer. I need more clarity.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    What do you not understand?
    God has a Spirit-the Holy Spirit.

Jl2
    28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Matthew 10:20
    for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….why do you separate Israel from the rest of the world, is there injustice with God, aren't all God's creation, and what do you do with where it Say they who i said you are not my people will be called God's people. you separate scripture to fit your doctrine of only some to the exclusion of the rest, while this is true as regards the elect of God, it is not true with regards to God saving all humanity ultimately. Do you think Jesus died for the sins of just Israel to the exclusion of the gentiles. It say that Jesus died for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD that does not exclude anyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account