The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,161 through 2,180 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 20 2008,06:12)
    So you mean to say that the seven spirits are seven angelic spirits? Then what is the Spirit of God is it also angel as per your interpretation?

Hi GM,
    No.

But as Heb 1 shows spirits can be angels.
    There is only one Spirit of God.

Angels are not an intrinisic aspect of our God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks brother

gollamudi
    Participant

Welcome back to the thread “the Holy Spirit” is there anybody to share on this?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 24 2008,17:45)
    Welcome back to the thread “the Holy Spirit” is there anybody to share on this?

:O

dirtyknections
    Participant

Sure..what were your thoughts on those 7 spirits brother?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother DK,
    Thanks for your response. I believe what is written in Rev 3:1, 5:6 and also Is 11:1-3 that they are the seven Spirits of God which are seven (complete or fullness what also you say) spirits of His complete power . As per Rev 5:6 Jesus now possessing these seven Spirits of God that means he is having the fullness of divinity resting or dwelling in him bodily after his glorification.
    These are my thoughts only.
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 29 2008,15:52)
    Hi brother DK,
    Thanks for you response. I believe what is written in Rev 3:1, 5:6 and also Is 11:1-3 that they are the seven Spirits of God which are seven (complete or fullness what also you say) spirits of His complete power . As per Rev 5:6 Jesus now possessing these seven Spirits of God that means he is having the fullness of divinity resting or dwelling in him bodily after his glorification.
    These are my thoughts only.
    Adam

I agree….You are one of the few people who I have met who take this view…you are an interesting fellow GM..I must say.. you seem to really seek truth…

Blessings :)

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks for that compliment brother DK.
    In fact I was believing all that I am arguing in this forum as you have noticed including Trinity, free will, preexistence and divinity of Jesus. But now I am releasing my inhibitions slowly not that I am knowing every thing by now. I am only arguing with brothers to know more from them. I may seem to orient towards Gene, Mandy and other few who believe in different things. Yes we have to come out from our comfort zone to unlearn what we have already known. I believe no one knows full truth. But every one knows some thing he is only having a piece of puzzle with him which is the part of the full picture. So we have to know from all. This is my belief. Now I am free from any influene of any traditional doctrines(don't think this is my 'free will' still I am led by the Spirit of God) what general Christendom believe. I am having liberty to learn the unlearned things.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 29 2008,16:19)
    Thanks for that compliment brother DK.
    In fact I was believing all that I am arguing in this forum as you have noticed including Trinity, free will, preexistence and divinity of Jesus. But now I am releasing my inhibitions slowly not that I am knowing every thing by now. I am only arguing with brothers to know more from them. I may seem to oriented towards Gene, Mandy and other few who believe in different things. Yes we have to come out from our comfort zone to unlearn what we have already known. I believe no one knows full truth. But every one knows some thing he is only having a piece of puzzle with him which is the part of the full picture. So we have to know from all. This is my belief. Now I am free from any influene of any traditional doctrines(don't think this is my 'free will' still I am led by the Spirit of God) what general Christendom believe. I am having liberty to learn the unlearned things.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Adam

AMEN!!!! I am blessed by this…you seem to read my mind sometimes brother…Maybe GOD has put you here to refine my faith…”iron sharpens iron”

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks brother once again. Let us depend on His Holy Spirit to lead us into all Truth.
    Peace to you
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,06:57)

So you mean to say that the seven spirits are seven angelic spirits? Then what is the Spirit of God is it also angel as per your interpretation?

Hi GM,
    No.

Hi Nick,
    So you believe that these seven spirits are not angels but are the intrinsic parts of God and were given to Jesus as per Rev 5:6?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……you hit the nail on the head the seven spirits are the power of God the Elohim (powers) mentioned in Genesis, a plural word. the powers were moving over the face of the water and much troubling or disturbing them. A Powers said, let there be ect. these Seven srits are what God is, i believe

It good to see you and DK and i agree………..peace brothers

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2008,04:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,06:57)

Hi GM,
    No.

Hi Nick,
    So you believe that these seven spirits are not angels but are the intrinsic parts of God and were given to Jesus as per Rev 5:6?

Hi GM,
    I do not know.
    I think they are the angels of the churches.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick goback to that passage and read it is not so.

Please see Rev 1:20

20″As for the (BS)mystery of the (BT)seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the (BU)seven golden lampstands: the (BV)seven stars are the angels of (BW)the seven churches, and the seven (BX)lampstands are the seven churches”

and compare with Rev 3:1.

1″To the angel of the church in (A)Sardis write: He who has (B)the seven Spirits of God and Âthe seven stars, says this: '(D)I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are (E)dead”

Both are different I mean seven stars of angels and seven Spirits of God as there is “and” in between them.. IMO
    I hope this will clear your understanding.
    thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    I am always interested in the opinions of others.
    Hard to be sure though is it not?

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks Nick,
    Let us wait and see.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,12:39)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 18 2008,05:59)
    Gollamudi……..Yes Jesus and the Father are one in Spirit and its the same Spirit that Jesus yielded  to by putting (HIS WILL) to death Now if He put his (WILL) to death whats left the Spirit of God that was in Him, Therefore He no longer has a separate will so He could easily say we will come unto you, and when we finely put our will totally to death we can say the same thing, because there will only be ONE WILL EXPRESSED and That's GODS WILL.

When Jesus appeared in Revelations as a Slain Lamb this symbolized His WILL as slain, and the only WILL left was GOD”S Will Hence the Seven spirits of God was the Only WILL in Him,this is what it meant when it said the fullness of the godhead dwelt in him, notice it says dwelt in him not that it was him,  this is what the Father will do in Us also in time, so we can truly exist in His image, So that in the kingdom only ONE WILL, will BE DONE>thy kingdom come (THY) WILL be done. It all makes sense if you think about it.

peace to you and yours Adam…………..gene

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for your response on this complicated subject “the Holy Spirit”. I agree that the Spirit which was in Jesus was the Father's Spirit. On Jesus' glorofication he also became a life-giving spirit (1 Cori 15:45). See the verses in 2 Cori 3:16-18

16 “but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit”.

Now after glorification/resurrection Jesus became Spirit so he can be any where simultaneously as he said “where two or three gathered in my name I will be in their midst”(Matt 18:20) and also Paul said “it's no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”. Jesus said that he will ask the Father to send another comforter which is the Holy Spirit” then he goes on to say “and the Father will send the comforter in his(Jesus) name”

My point here is if at all there is a link between Jesus' glorification and sending of the Holy Spirit it must be with Jesus becoming that very Spirit as mentioned in 1 cori 3:17 as “now the Lord is the Spirit”. As you rightly told the fullness of divinity dwells in Jesus bodily(now) which is the will of the Father. Therefore I understand that the Holy Spirit or another comforter is none but Jesus in Spirit living in us as it was rightly mentioned in Gal 4:6

6″Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

Finally the “One Spirit” with which we are all baptised is nothing but the “Lord's Spirit or Spirit of Jesus”. As the fullness of Father dwells in Jesus bodily Jesus is already united with Father's Spirit permanently. So there comes the word “we will come to him and take our abode in him”

This is what I wanted to share. I don't know whether is OK.
    Please think over.
    Peace to you
    Adam

Hi All,
    I just wanted to bump this post of mine for your coments how the Spirit of God and Spirit of Jesus one and the same?

How God and Jesus make their abode in as per Jn 14:23 ?

23 “Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him”

Peace to all
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Jesus lost his own spirit at calvary[mt27.50].
    He only lives in the Spirit of God.
    So will we.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    1. My honest question to you, if Jesus was not given his own spirit back at his resurrection how can he have his identity as a person other than God?

2. Do you think we all will not receive our spirits back from God at our resurrection but only receive the Spirit of God or Jesus?
    thanks for your concern.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Spirit gives life.
    Jas2
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Personality is a soul attribute.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,161 through 2,180 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account