The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 18 2008,12:02)
    WJ………I quoted 10 or 12 scriptures where Jesus plainly said the words weren't His and i noticed you did not commit on them would you like me to requote them to you? Or can you just go back and read them and give us your commit on them. I am interested to see how you denie them, or divert what they say.

peace………..gene

GB

To be honest I had a post and was diverted. Here it is…

1.Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Jn 5:24

2. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

3. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. Jn 8:37

4. Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word. Jn 8:43

5. I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Rev 3:8

6. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matt 24:35

7. Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mk 8:38

8. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? Jn 5:47

9. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. Jn 12:47

10. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Jn 12:48

11. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn 14:23

12. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Jn 15:7

13. If ye love me, keep my commandments. Jn 14:15

14. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jn 14:21

15. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. Jn 15:10

16. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Jn 15:12

17. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Jn 8:51

18. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Jn 8:52

19. Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: Luke 6:47

So I suppose the 12 scriptures you post is supposed to negate these 19? ???

Again, the words of Yeshua are the Fathers words but Yeshua says they are also his. The Father speaks only by Yeshua and Yeshua only speaks what the Father Speaks for they are one.

No other man can claim that Gods words are their own words. No other man can say that the commandments they speak are theirs. No Angel or created being can make the claim that whatever the Father does they can do.

This is the relationship between the Father and the Son…

[17] But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
    [18] Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
    [19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
    [20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
    [21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
    [22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
    [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Is there any man that can say that whatever he sees the Father do he also does it?  ???

There is a balance here. Yeshua is not just some empty shell or a puppet on a string that is dragged around by his nostrils.

To say that is to not give any credit to Yeshua at all for doing anything. Simply not scriptural. He had the power to lay down his own life and take up again.

He said “not my will be done” because he had a will.

even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

There is no disparity in God. The Father, Yeshua and the Holy Spirit are one God.

:)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,12:39)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 18 2008,05:59)
    Gollamudi……..Yes Jesus and the Father are one in Spirit and its the same Spirit that Jesus yielded  to by putting (HIS WILL) to death Now if He put his (WILL) to death whats left the Spirit of God that was in Him, Therefore He no longer has a separate will so He could easily say we will come unto you, and when we finely put our will totally to death we can say the same thing, because there will only be ONE WILL EXPRESSED and That's GODS WILL.

When Jesus appeared in Revelations as a Slain Lamb this symbolized His WILL as slain, and the only WILL left was GOD”S Will Hence the Seven spirits of God was the Only WILL in Him,this is what it meant when it said the fullness of the godhead dwelt in him, notice it says dwelt in him not that it was him,  this is what the Father will do in Us also in time, so we can truly exist in His image, So that in the kingdom only ONE WILL, will BE DONE>thy kingdom come (THY) WILL be done. It all makes sense if you think about it.

peace to you and yours Adam…………..gene

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for your response on this complicated subject “the Holy Spirit”. I agree that the Spirit which was in Jesus was the Father's Spirit. On Jesus' glorofication he also became a life-giving spirit (1 Cori 15:45). See the verses in 2 Cori 3:16-18

16 “but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit”.

Now after glorification/resurrection Jesus became Spirit so he can be any where simultaneously as he said “where two or three gathered in my name I will be in their midst”(Matt 18:20) and also Paul said “it's no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”. Jesus said that he will ask the Father to send another comforter which is the Holy Spirit” then he goes on to say “and the Father will send the comforter in his(Jesus) name”

My point here is if at all there is a link between Jesus' glorification and sending of the Holy Spirit it must be with Jesus becoming that very Spirit as mentioned in 1 cori 3:17 as “now the Lord is the Spirit”. As you rightly told the fullness of divinity dwells in Jesus bodily(now) which is the will of the Father. Therefore I understand that the Holy Spirit or another comforter is none but Jesus in Spirit living in us as it was rightly mentioned in Gal 4:6

6″Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

Finally the “One Spirit” with which we are all baptised is nothing but the “Lord's Spirit or Spirit of Jesus”. As the fullness of Father dwells in Jesus bodily Jesus is already united with Father's Spirit permanently. So there comes the word “we will come to him and take our abode in him”

This is what I wanted to share. I don't know whether is OK.
    Please think over.
    Peace to you
    Adam

GM

But that still doesnt explain these…

Jn 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, ( parakletos) , that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

Yeshua was not talking about himself here, and he sure wasnt talking about the Father.

:)

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Spirit will not speak of its own but of the person with which it is connected. We received Spirit of Jesus therefore it is natural that his spirit speaks of his(Jesus) words. Whatever way he guides. IMO

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,06:29)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,02:20)
    My question is very simple, are the seven spirits possessed (had) by Jesus or the Lamb the literal seven Spirits of God?

Hi GM,
    Jesus now has all authority under God.
    Angels of all kinds are subject to him and work for him.

Heb1

When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

4having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

5For to which of the angels did He ever say,
            “YOU ARE MY SON,
            TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU”?
            And again,
            “I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM
            AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME”?

6And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,
            “AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.”

Hi Nick,
    That is not the answer to my question.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    What are the spirits of God?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 18 2008,03:23)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 17 2008,19:35)
    That's a great post WJ, I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Kudos.

Isa 1:18

Thanks!

I guess I am passionate about this because scriptures so clearly teach that the Spirit is not an amorphous “it” or “thing”. But in fact “the Lord is that Spirit”.

It seems that many want to just close their eyes to this truth and hold on to man made Arianistic concepts.

Truly, I believe it is all in their quest to deny the Trinitarian view. For to believe these scriptures as they are leaves them no choice but to accept the Trinitarian view.

It is the only view that reconciles all of the contradictions that an antitrinitarian has to live with. IMO

Blessings! WJ

Wow, Keith, that was a great post! Almost makes me want to believe in the Trinity again. :;): Almost……

Anyway, I'm printing that one off for my study's!

Thanks,
    Mandy

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,12:52)
    Hi WJ,
    Spirit will not speak of its own but of the person with which it is connected. We received Spirit of Jesus therefore it is natural that his spirit speaks of his(Jesus) words. Whatever way he guides. IMO

Hi GM

14 *He shall glorify me*: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 16:13

Does Yeshua's Spirit Glorify himself?

Does Yeshua's Spirit take from himself and shew unto us?

???

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 18 2008,16:09)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 18 2008,03:23)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 17 2008,19:35)
    That's a great post WJ, I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Kudos.

Isa 1:18

Thanks!

I guess I am passionate about this because scriptures so clearly teach that the Spirit is not an amorphous “it” or “thing”. But in fact “the Lord is that Spirit”.

It seems that many want to just close their eyes to this truth and hold on to man made Arianistic concepts.

Truly, I believe it is all in their quest to deny the Trinitarian view. For to believe these scriptures as they are leaves them no choice but to accept the Trinitarian view.

It is the only view that reconciles all of the contradictions that an antitrinitarian has to live with. IMO

Blessings! WJ

Wow, Keith, that was a great post!  Almost makes me want to believe in the Trinity again.   :;):   Almost……

Anyway, I'm printing that one off for my study's!

Thanks,
    Mandy

Thanks Mandy

Takes a lot of guts to compliment the black sheep on this sight.

Still praying though. :)

Blessings! Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 18 2008,17:03)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,12:52)
    Hi WJ,

Hi GM

14 *He shall glorify me*: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 16:13

Does Yeshua's Spirit Glorify himself?

Does Yeshua's Spirit take from himself and shew unto us?

???

Hi WJ,
    Why should you limit the abilities of the Spirit of God?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 17 2008,02:47)
    Hi LU

Quote (Lightenup @ June 17 2008,16:29)

Hello WJ and Nick I think this might interest you too:

In these following three passages we see they refer to the same teaching written by three different men, Matthew, Mark, and Luke inspired by the Holy Spirit also called the Spirit of the Father.  See for yourself even in the Greek.

Matt 10:16-21
    16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. 17 “But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues; 18 and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 “But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. 20 “For it is not you who speak, but it is the SPIRIT OF YOUR FATHER who speaks in you. 21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

Mark 13:9-13
    9 “But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them. 10 “The gospel must first be preached to all the nations. 11 “When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever * is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the HOLY SPIRIT. 12 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and have them put to death. 13 “You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Luke 12:11-12
    11 “When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; 12 for the HOLY SPIRIT will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Let's look closer and notice the Greek:

Matt 10:20
    “For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
    ou gar umeiv este (5748) oi lalountev (5723) alla to pneuma tou patrov umwn to laloun (5723) en umin.

pneuma tou patrov is translated  “Spirit of your Father.”

Mark 13:11
    “When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever * is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.
    kai otan agwsin (5725) umav paradidontev, (5723) mh promerimnate (5720) ti lalhshte, (5661) all' o ean doqh (5686) umin en ekeinh th wra touto laleite, (5720) ou gar este (5748) umeiv oi lalountev (5723) alla to pneuma to agion.

pneuma to agion is translated “the Holy Spirit.”

12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”
    to gar agion pneuma didacei umav en auth th wra a dei (5904) eipein. (5629)

to agion pneuma is translated “the Holy Spirit”.

Of course the Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, just as it is the Spirit of Yeshua and the Spirit is “another, the Parakletos.

Yet there is only One Spirit, that is the point. Not three Spirits, Father, Yeshua and Parakletos.

We see many scriptures that show that Jesus – The Spirit of God – The Spirit of Christ – God – The Father – Spirit of him – The Spirit – His Spirit – Comforter – Holy Spirit that are terms being used in speaking of *God dwelling in our Body* the Temple of God, the Temple of the Holy Spirit or the Temple of Christ.

That “ONE Spirit” is not only called the above, but also the following.

*The Spirit of God*

Matt 3:16, Matt 12:28, Rom 8:9,14, 15:19, 1 Cor 2:11, 14, 3:16, 7:40, 12:13,  Eph 4:30,  Jn 4:2

*The Spirit of Jesus*

Gal 4:6, Acts 16:7, Rom 8 9,10, 2 Cor 3:16-18, Phil 1:19, 1 Peter 1:11

*The Holy Spirit or Comforter or Holy Ghost*

Lk 3:16, 11:13, 1 Thess 4:8, Jn 14:16,26, 15:26, 16:13-15, Matt 28:19, Mark 1:8, 3:29, Lk 1:15, Jn 7:39, Jn 20:22, Acts 1:5, 1:8, 2:33, 10:38, 13:2

These terms are used synonymously and are referring to the “ONE God”, and yet we know they are different persons.

The Apostles speak of them interchangeably! And clearly they are not always referring to the Father or to the Son, for they may be saying “Spirit of Christ” “Spirit of Jesus” “Spirit of God” “The Spirit” “Holy Spirit” Spirit of the Son” “His Spirit” “Holy Ghost” “One Spirit” “Spirit” “Comforter” “Spirit of Truth” “Finger of God” “Living Water” “Life giving Spirit”

Yet the Word clearly says there is only “One Spirit”. Since we know there is only “One God”, then we have to conclude that the “One Spirit” is the “One God”.

The following scriptures bear this oot…

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the *Spirit of God* dwell in you. Now if any man have not the *Spirit of Christ*, he is none of his.
    10 And if *Christ be in you*, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11 But if the *Spirit of him* that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by *his Spirit* that dwelleth in you.

Now we see most of the terms I mentioned earlier in Rom 8:9,10,11. A close look at these scriptures shows Paul uses the terms interchangeably to describe the “One Spirit”.

They are all living within true believers.

Look and see!

*Father*

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as *God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them*; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

*Son*.

II Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that *Jesus Christ is in you*, except ye be reprobates?

*Holy Spirit*.
    I Cor 6:
    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the *Holy Ghost which is in you*, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Jn 14:
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you *another Comforter*, that he may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jn 16:
    14 *He shall glorify me*: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that *he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you*.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 16 2008,18:55)
    No it confuses you because yo
    u reject certain scriptures that clearly show the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son.

There ya go.  The Holy Spirit is not the Father, The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit OF the Father, not the spirit of another person or even itself a person. Scriptural evidence at last.  :)  

Oh, so have you changed your belief since we started this discussion?

Quote (Lightenup @ June 17 2008,01:48)

I believe that the Holy Spirit is the personal spirit of God the Father.

But now you say “The Holy Spirit is not the Father”.  ???

Yes of course, like the JWs the Spirit of God is just a mindless, amorphous and magical force or power. This “it” or “thing” as you call it, (which is a violation of every grammatical rule in Greek and English) has no will, or cannot be grieved, or quenched, or cannot make intercession for us according to the will of the Father, (Of course if it had no will then why would “it” or the “thing” be making intercession according to the will of God?). In fact the Holy Spirit has all the attributes of God, including “Omnipresence”, Omniscience and Omnipotence, yet the Arians would degrade “it” to something less than a human who has emotions and a will and intellect.

In fact even animals have personality!

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom 5:5

I just would like to know how an “it” or a “thing” can give me Love, especially God’s love?

In fact how can an “it or “thing” do any of the things spoken of in the scriptures. An “it” or a “thing” can be lied to, “it can be blasphemed”, “it” can be resisted and on and on. No, he is the “Comforter” the (parakletos), which means;

Here is the definition again… “Parakletos” is “Masculine noun” that means;

1) summoned, called to one's side, esp. called to one's aid

a) one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate

b) one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor

1) of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

c) in the widest sense, a helper, succourer, aider, assistant

1) of the Holy Spirit destined to take the place of Christ with the apostles (after his ascension to the Father), to lead them to a deeper knowledge of the gospel truth, and give them divine strength needed to enable them to undergo trials and persecutions on behalf of the divine kingdom

In fact John even uses the word in describing Yeshua here…

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (parakletos) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 1 John 2:1

To depersonalize the Spirit by reducing him to an “it” or a “thing” I think does serious violence to the scriptures and insults the Lord who is that Spirit.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

We can now put an end to that confusion.  '”Poof be gone”  I say to all this confusion!!  Hallelujah!  

Yes, I am sure you think that you have solved the debate that has been going on for centuries between the “Arians” and the “Trinitarians”, by just a couple of scriptures. “Poof be gone” like the magical amorphous Spirit that “it” or “thing” that lives in us and mindlessly does all of the wonderful things he does. Sorry, but no “it” or “thing” lives in me. That would be confusion!

The Lord who is that Spirit lives in me. Hallelujah!

Just trying to help,
    LU

I am sure that you are sincere, but you leave a lot of unanswered questions, especially when it comes to these scriptures…

Jn 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, ( parakletos) , that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

Have a good day, WJ :)

WJ,

There ya go. The Holy Spirit is not the Father, The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit OF the Father, not the spirit of another person or even itself a person. Scriptural evidence at last. :)

Oh, so have you changed your belief since we started this discussion?

Quote (Lightenup @ June 17 2008,01:48)

I believe that the Holy Spirit is the personal spirit of God the Father.

But now you say “The Holy Spirit is not the Father”. ???

WJ,
    Maybe it's late and I am very tired but if you read this part of your post that is quoted above, you will see that I said the same thing each time:
    Recent post:
    The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit OF the Father
    Earlier post:
    Holy Spirit is the persona
    l spirit of God the Father.

Both mean the same to me. If you read those as different beliefs, well, you have a twisted understanding of my message.

This “it” or “thing” as you call it, (which is a violation of every grammatical rule in Greek and English)

Would you like to tell me which rules say that main subject neuter nouns should receive the “he” pronoun instead of the “it” pronoun? So I violated EVERY grammatical rule in Greek and English. hmmmm? That many huh? Wow, that's awful. Tell me those rules so that I can correct myself. If you don't mind.

Now regarding your ideas of the “one Spirit”. Well I disagree. I believe that the Father has an inner spirit which is often referred to as the “Holy Spirit” or “Spirit of our Father” “Spirit of God” to name a few.

I believe that the Son of God has an inner spirit which is referred to as “Spirit of Christ”, “Spirit of the Son”, “Spirit of Jesus”. I believe this Spirit was living before Jesus was living and dwelled in Jesus from birth or conception or whenever humans typically receive their own spirit.

I believe that the Father's inner spirit can flow from Him to others and can both “fill” them or come “on” them, or “annoint” them and other things.

I believe that the inner spirit of Christ can dwell within others maybe even seperately from the Spirit of the Father before His resurrection. After His resurrection Christ sends the united spirit of His Father's Spirit and His own inner spirit as one spirit into believers. This is a life giving spirit, the united spirit of the Father and of the Son. Probably also referred to as the “helper” or “comforter”.

The Bible clearly teaches that many can become one; many members yet one body, several can be together of one mind, and several can be together of one spirit.

Regards,
    LU

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,13:34)
    Hi GM,

Hi Nick,
    I am interested in the “seven Spirits of God” mentioned in Rev 3:1 and 5:6.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ….I can fit what you quoted as Jesus words into the words He spoke but where can you put the fact that the ten direct scriptures i quoted fit into you theology of Jesus words being (His Own Words). When He plainly says they weren't His. Looks like we have a counter diction of Scripture if we see it your way then right. Just as saying the Spirit (OF) Jesus is His Own Spirit and Separate of God's Spirit and then going on to say the Holy Spirit is a Separate Spirit, To me thats confusing Because Jesus said only One WILL will be done, and it was not going to be His Will, because He put his to death.

Any if you get time please explain these problems that exist with your theology.

Blessings to you and yours………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 19 2008,01:35)

Hi GM,

Hi Nick,

Hi GM,
    Me too.
    What are they?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gollamudi…. I havent really looked into that much but they are there because scripture states it. Rev 4:5..> and from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. And these seven Spirit are Shown to have powers and they go out from God into all the earth. Thats why i believe in Genesis where God said let us create man in our Image, i believe He was talking to the seven Spirit that are before Him. I know that speculation on my part, but i think it has merit, when you conceder other scriptures. To be honest I don't know what each of the seven Spirits do, but i believe they are powerful and do effect some kind of work For God and certainly represent Him, and Jesus Has been given all seven, according to Rev.5:6.. But the interesting part is Jesus himself is portrayed as Slain or dead, I think that means to His Will and the only Will working in Him is Gods by the seven Spirits. interesting subject.

Love and peace to you and yours……..gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hi GM,

Hi Nick,

These spirits represent GOD's holy spirit flowing in its fullness. Later, John describes them also as “seven eyes,” indicating the penetrating vision that God’s holy spirit bestows on Jesus. (Revelation 5:6)

These are my thougths for now…but I am no means dogmatic..if you have a different take…please share with me

dirtyknections
    Participant

Remember the number “7” in the bible symobolizes “heavenly” completeness

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 19 2008,12:49)

Hi GM,

Hi Nick,

These spirits represent GOD's holy spirit flowing in its fullness. Later, John describes them also as “seven eyes,” indicating the penetrating vision that God’s holy spirit bestows on Jesus. (Revelation 5:6)

These are my thougths for now…but I am no means dogmatic..if you have a different take…please share with me

Hi DK,
    Thanks for your response, don't worry about any dogma here all our understanding is limited when the fullness comes this dim knowledge will be made bright. I also believe the seven Spirits are nothing but God's Spirit manifested in seven powers(attributes) of God as Gene assumes. Some times Nick quotes that theses spirits may be angelic spirits who go unto all the earth to perform the will of God. We have to see between these two understandings.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Since scripture makes plain that the Spirit is one it is hard to consider that one Spirit being divided in terms of being 7 eyes. Why then does Gen 1 not show 7 Spirits?

gollamudi
    Participant

So you mean to say that the seven spirits are seven angelic spirits? Then what is the Spirit of God is it also angel as per your interpretation?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2008,14:10)
    Hi GM,
    Since scripture makes plain that the Spirit is one it is hard to consider that one Spirit being divided in terms of being 7 eyes. Why then does Gen 1 not show 7 Spirits?

simply put…symbolism

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account