JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,901 through 24,920 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

A woman from Lydia, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul.And when she and her household had been baptised, she urged us saying,

”If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay”

And she prevailed on us.

Acts 16.14f

Some seed fell on good soil. The response to the message is in the hands of God.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Your favourite book.

Heb 1

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son…

1 Jn 5.12

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son does not have the life.

You need the Son.

This is My Son. Listen to him.

So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. But know this first of all, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. 2 Peter.1.19

I, Jesus, have sent my Angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.

Rev 22.16

enjoy

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Not sure where you’re quoting (references are key) when you said “God said to them He would send a sword after ten wherever they went.” The closest I could find was in Jeremiah 24; but, God was speaking of destroying King Zedekiah and those left in Judah after being exiled to Babylon. God wasn’t speaking of destroying all of Israel since HE said HE was going to restore them.

Absolutely the Jewish nation was scattered throughout the world, not sure where you are going with that either since this is a known fact. We also read in Isaiah God says he’s going to call his people back from the ends of the earth to the land HE gave them.

Your next statement makes no sense and I emphatically disagree with it: “if it weren’t for the UNITED STATES, a Israelite Nation, they would have been exterminated by now.” The Israeli people being exterminated would have violated God’s promise to Abraham and HIS promise there would always be a remnant that would worship and know who HE is. God’s promises don’t end.

When history isn’t hidden you will find out before the slaughter of millions of Jewish people at the hands of Hitler, he asked nations to take the Jews and none did, including the United States. The only reason the Jewish people suddenly became a concern was because Hitler started killing them. Now reread Isa 53:1-9 as the nations speak of Israel “bearing the nations sins” or read with the understanding that Israel is the object of (“sinful”) extreme persecution at the hands of the nations. Please name a nation that has been persecuted like the Jewish nation has and has continued for as long as they have.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick you said……..>Hi Gene,

Therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all men everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.

Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead , some began to sneer, but others said, “ we shall hear you again concerning this”

So Paul went out from their midst. But some men joined him and believed…

Acts 17.30f

…God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believed. For , indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor 2.21f

We cast the seed of the Word but it is a hard sell and we should expect that most cannot accept it and mock it. Such is the plan of God.

the road is narrow and few will choose it.

AMEN TO THAT brother.

peace and love to you and yours Nick……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth,  God said the the Kingdom of Israel showed themselves more Justified than their sister, the the Kingdom of Judah .
    The simple history of the Jewish people speaks to the sword that God sent after them in the nations they went to.
    Lev 26:33…..> “And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate and your cities waste.”

That is what happened to the Kingdom of Israel, and the Kingdom of of their treacherous sister , Judah.

Scripture shows that the Kingdom of Israel, is not the same thing as the Kingdom of Judah.  They are different Kingdoms, but a time will come when they will be United into one nation. In that day there will be only one  nation of Israel, but that hasn’t  happened yet. The two sticks of the kingdom of Israel, and  the stick of Judah will be groined back together again in the future.

peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

I seriously have no idea where you are going with this history lesson concerning Israel; both kingdoms where evil and subsequently dispersed (exiled). At the end of the age the Jewish people will be brought back to the land promised, united, and will be one people again.

What’s your point?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth @admin

“desiretruth” said that he is here to ask questions.
    But then he made these statements:
    “what’s shipwrecked is christianity, and it’s sinking!” (post-945033)
    “God has been opening my eyes to the deception called christianity.” (post-945034)
    It’s obvious that his real intention is to attack christianity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

On that subject, it has to be said that there is corruption in Christianity like any organization. However, the focus for Christians should always be Christ himself who leads us to God and not the organizations that men build in God’s name. Jesus is the messiah, so instead of letting Christianity lead us, we should let the one who takes us to the Father without sin to lead us because he is our true shepherd. Christianity and Christ are two different things. One is an interpretation of the other. In fact many interpretations.

Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side of God’s throne.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God said he is our salvation, not that I have to go through another. God said to repent, turn from your wickedness, and your sin will be remembered no more. God said HE had no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desired they turn from their wickedness and live. What god do you serve?

He did this through the messiah that he sent. Without the messiah, you are stuck following the law and its precepts. But the messiah came so we could have forgiveness and the price of our sin is paid.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

I am responding to your last post to me, in at least a few posts.

There needs to be a lot of clarifying going on and much of it seems to be because you fill in holes making assumptions and then ask questions based in part on those assumptions that are all wrong with my belief. Quite a mess is going on here, lol!

I am getting this out of the way, it’s not something I think is high priority to focus on at the moment though.

The OT actually introduces the promise of eternal life.

Isaiah 26: 18 We were with child, we writhed in labor, but we gave birth to wind. We have not brought salvation to the earth, and the people of the world have not come to life. 19 But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Daniel 12: 1 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

The “you” in Ezekiel 36 is directly given as the house of Israel, however I see enough evidence in the OT elsewhere that this also extends to the Gentiles.

Daniel 12 sounds to me like a judgment is being given and we do have OT scripture that speaks of Gentiles also obtaining a judgment and also receiving what would be a glorious rest.

Isaiah 11: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked… 10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 42: 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles… 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

YOU: How come man is able to turn from their wickedness in the OT but not in the NT without “help”?

ME: This is just not true, I can’t answer a question that is based on something that is totally false.

YOU: I thought I was created in the image of God and wouldn’t by that very nature have the “ability” to be “righteous”? Please note I didn’t say sinless.

ME: Our “ability” to be righteous that God gave us, is our ability for His Spirit to live in us, His Spirit to direct our ways.

The law proved man’s weakness, we are not capable of keeping even one letter of the law, we of our own selves can do nothing. God delights when any person turns from their wickedness and does what is just and righteous. But righteousness comes from God’s Spirit working in man and thus God delights in the fruits of His Spirit within the spirit of man. The entire earth would be nothing but evil 24/7 if not for God’s mercy with His Spirit here and there throughout all of the earth.

Yes, the law teaches how we should live. The law distinguishes right from wrong. But only through the Spirit can we deny the lusts of the flesh and do that which is good. This is what Paul teaches, if you have a problem with it, then you teach self-righteousness. If you are not aware of the law you are not aware of your sins. If you have been given the law you are then able to clearly identify your sins and see your weakness in being able to keep the law. Christ is the man who received the Spirit not by measure and was able to keep the law, was able to be fully obedient to God and because of such he was not deserving of death but of eternal life. Christ was an example of the power of God’s Spirit, that it is God’s Spirit, not self-righteousness, that we are able to do good.  Jesus gave all credit to God and said that he can of his own-self do nothing, everything he does is through God leading him with His Spirit. Jesus even said, “Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God”. Paul teaches that we are to desire the Spirit, which then also means that we are to desire to be made into the image of Jesus Christ and Paul tells us in Romans 8 of being predestined to be made into the image of the Son.

Side note: My understanding is that man would have not amounted to anything without God’s Spirit, we would all be worse off likely than what’s depicted of man from the stone age. Not only our ability to do good is through God’s Spirit living in us, but our ability to make any sort of advancement is not without God’s Spirit. Without God we are nothing, we might as well be a serpent licking the dust.

Exodus 31:2 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3 And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,

Exodus 35:26 And all the women whose heart stirred them up in wisdom spun goats’ hair. 27 And the rulers brought onyx stones, and stones to be set, for the ephod, and for the breastplate; 28 And spice, and oil for the light, and for the anointing oil, and for the sweet incense. 29 The children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the LORD, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work, which the LORD had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses. 30 And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the LORD hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; 31 And he hath filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship; 32 And to devise curious works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, 33 And in the cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of wood, to make any manner of cunning work. 34 And he hath put in his heart that he may teach, both he, and Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. 35 Them hath he filled with wisdom of heart, to work all manner of work, of the engraver, and of the cunning workman, and of the embroiderer, in blue, and in purple, in scarlet*, and in fine linen, and of the weaver, even of them that do any work, and of those that devise cunning work.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

You asked if blood was required for atonement,

Exodus 30:10 Once a year Aaron shall make atonement on its horns. <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>This annual atonement must be made with the blood of the atoning sin</span> offering for the generations to come. It is most holy to the LORD.

Leviticus 4:25 Then the priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar.

Lev 6:30 But any sin offering whose blood is brought into the tent of meeting to make atonement in the Holy Place must not be eaten; it must be burned up.

Lev 16:15 “He shall then slaughter the goat for the sin offering for the people and take its blood behind the curtain and do with it as he did with the bull’s blood: He shall sprinkle it on the atonement cover and in front of it.

27 <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>The bull and the goat for</span> <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>the sin offerings, whose blood was brought into the Most Holy Place to make atonement</span>, <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>must be taken outside the camp; their hides, flesh and intestines are to be burned up.</span>

Hebrews 13:11 <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the camp.</span>

You said there was contradiction but there is not, Paul is actually quoting the OT.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

I hate when people misquote others; but when I am misquoted it allows me the liberty to have a little “fun.”

What you are quoting is from post #944944 and maliciously left off the rest of what I said; I will quote for you the entire statement:

“I came here to ask questions and present thoughts concerning those questions; hoping to bounce these thoughts off a wider pool of people verses the biased religious perspective given by the monologuing orator that stands at the front of a church every Sunday who usually doesn’t have time to address questions concerning doctrinal teachings and how it aligns with God’s word. The unfortunate part is the response received here is no different.”

Please explain to me where I stated I was only here to ask questions, especially when I explicitly stated I came here to ASK QUESTIONS and to PRESENT THOUGHTS CONCERNING THOSE QUESTION. Me presenting my thoughts would in fact require me to make statements not only in what I present but also in response to others. Some of us like to call this dialog which is part of conversation.

Then for you to “borrow” the words of Nick to say my “real intent is to attack christianity” requires you to go back to the beginning when I joined this group and you will discover my writing today have drastically changed. The big question is why and what happened for this change to have occurred.

I am more than willing to have a conversation with you, but I don’t see that being reciprocated from you as you seem to always be in an attack mode because I have questioned long held beliefs and doctrine.

So either let’s have a conversation or just ignore what I write; it’s as simple as that.

Nick
    Participant

Yes Jodi,

The whole Bible is the story of the work of God’s Spirit.

Man has the privilege to be used in the plan.

The Glory belongs to God.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

You have found fault ( in your eyes) with Jesus Christ and his holy servants and seem to be unaware that your judgements are also against God and His Spirit. You have rampaged through the Holy books treating them as trash to be trampled under foot. Interesting that your view of your work is that it is of noble origins.
    Dangerous stuff but perhaps you do not know or fear our awesome God.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: Apparently

OFFICIAL DECLARATIONS

are important to Carmel.

Ritualism,  not faith.

ANSWER Nick PLEASE:

IS BAPTISM

AN OFFICIAL DECLARATION

THAT YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR REDEEMER?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved:

but he that believeth not shall be condemned.

Now Satan the god of this MORTAL PYSICAL world is only interested in the PHYSICAL PROCESS OF THIS WORLD, according to him, HIS PROCESS CONFIRMED ON

THE DEATH OF HUMANITY THROUGH ADAM’S SIN.

THE FACT THAT JESUS HAD TO DIE

TO JUSTIFY THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IN FLESH AND BLOOD ALL IN HIM AND HIS PROPERTY,

CONFIRMED ON JESUS’ RESURRECTION!

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered up for our sins,

and rose again for our justification.

NOW HUMBLY SPEAKING, ALLOW ME TO BE CLEAR OF THE TRUTH!

ON JESUS’ RESURRECTION, 1Peter1:3 THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE  BECAME ALL AUTHENTIC HUMANS EMBODIED ONE SUBSTANCE IN JESUS RESURRECTED BODY!

ALL SINLESS AND PURIFIED IN JESUS,

but not yet perfect and holy as only God is perfect and holy! THUS; AFTER;

THAT SAME EVENING  JEWISH TIME AT 6.00,

JESUS’ RESURRECTED BODY INTEGRATED,

GLORIFIED, AND  BECAME PERFECT ONE SUBSTANCE WITH THE 

HOLY GHOST ALREADY GLORIFIED  BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH AS

JESUS CHRIST 

GODMAN ON THE CROSS John13:31,32, John17:1

THUS, THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD IN

JESUS CHRIST John 20:17,

AND PRESENTED US ALL PERFECT IN HIM TO THE FATHER!

Colossians 1:22 Yet now he hath reconciled in the body of his flesh through death,

to present you holy and unspotted,

and blameless before him:

PRESENTED US HOLY!

NOW ONLY GOD AND JESUS ARE HOLY!

Ephesians 1:17That “THE GOD” of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and of revelation, in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your heart enlightened, that you may know what the hope is of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power towards us, who believe according to the operation of the might of his power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, raising him up from the dead, and setting him on his right hand in the heavenly places. 21Above all principality, and power, and virtue, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. 22 And he hath subjected all things under his feet, and hath made him head over all the church,

23Which is his body, and the fulness of him who is filled all in all.

Colossians 1:19 Because in him,

it hath well pleased the Father,

that all fullness should dwell;

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/declaration

DECLARATION:

declaration
    Primary tabs

A declaration is an official statement, or proclamation, such as an affidavit. If the person making the declaration (called the declarant) lies in it, the declarant may be guilty of perjury.

[Last updated in September of 2022 by the Wex Definitions Team]

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Danny,

You: It is very clear that Acts 10:38 is referring to the River Jordan.
    Start at verse 37:

37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa,
    and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
    38 How God  anointed  Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:

Me: from your perspective maybe so. But since it doesn’t mention SPECIFICALLY THAT JESUS WAS ANOINTED AT THE RIVER JORDAN,

IT IS NOT  SUFFICIENTLY SO! NO? Now read hereunder please:

Isaiah 42:1BEHOLD my servant,

I will uphold him: 

my elect,

my soul delighteth in him:

IN THE ABOVE IT IS EVIDENTLY CLEAR THAT

GOD’S SOUL, THE HOLY GHOST, DELIGHTS IN HIM; IN JESUS’ HUMAN BODY,

“THE WORD” MADE FLESH THE SON OF MAN. THEN WE READ

I HAVE given my spirit upon him,

NOW, NOTICE THE TENSES PLEASE WHICH ARE VITAL:

FIRST THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE IS USED IN:

“My soul delights in HIM”

We use the simple present tense when an action is happening right now, or when it happens regularly (or unceasingly, which is why it’s sometimes called present indefinite).

THEN THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE is used in

“I HAVE GIVEN MY SPIRIT UPON HIM”

We use the present perfect tense for past actions that are related to or continue into the present.

FINALLY, THE FUTURE TENSE IS USED IN

he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

ALL THE ABOVE PROPHECY IS DIRECTED TO

JESUS’ TASK  PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE FOR TRUTH AND OUR REDEMPTION!

WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT THE FULL SPIRIT OF GOD WAS UPON JESUS ETERNALLY OBVIOUSLY IN ORDER FOR GOD TO CREATE ALL IN/BY/FOR HIM!

JESUS REEXISTED! 

AGAIN ASSERTED IN

Isaiah 48:16Come ye near unto me, and hear this:

I HAVE not SPOKEN  in secret from the beginning: (John 1:1 IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD….) NOTICE AGAIN THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE is used

from the time before it was done,

BEFORE CREATION WAS DONE!

I was there,

JESUS PREEXISTED!

and now the Lord God hath sent me, and his spirit.

NOTICE AGAIN PLEASE: PRESENT PERFECT TENSE:

HAS SENT ME and  HIS SPIRIT!

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL:

JESUS HAD THE FULL SPIRIT OF GOD  ON HIM BEFORE CREATION!

IT STANDS TO REASON NO?

IF GOD WAS ABOUT TO CREATE ALL IN JESUS, ALL BY JESUS, AND ALL FOR JESUS, HOW ON EARTH HE COULD ACHIEVE IT UNLESS HE EMPOWERS PRECISELY JESUS, AS A SPIRIT? Genesis 1:2 ….And the spirit of God moved over the waters.

CONSIDERING THAT JESUS PUPOSELY IN ORDER TO BE IN ALL THINGS LIKE HUMANS, EMPTIED HIMSELF FROM HIS DIVINE SPIRIT AND POURED IT ALL OVER AS AN INFINITESIMAL SPIRIT IN EVERY CREATURE’S HEART IN THE PROCESS OF CREATION IN ORDER TO BE REDEEMED AND SAVED BY HIM!

WAS JESUS REALLY ONLY ANOINTED AT THE RIVER JORDAN?

IF HE REALLY WAS SO?

Acts 10:37  That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa, and began from Galilee,

after the baptism which John preached;

WHAT DID BEGIN ON THIS PLANET FROM GALILEE? 

THE WORD SPOKEN OF GOD IN JESUS! 

AGAIN ON THIS PLANET FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME!

THE BEGINNING!

GOD AS A HUMAN IN JESUS THE MAN!

THE TRUTH! AND ETERNAL LIFE ON EARTH!

BUT WE CLEARLY READ IN Isaiah 48: 16  THESE WORDS:

Isaiah 48:16Come ye near unto me, and hear this:

I HAVE NOT SPOKEN  in secret from the beginning: (John 1:1 IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD….)

from the time before it was done,

BEFORE CREATION WAS DONE!

I was there,

JESUS WAS THERE IN THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF CREATION, HIDDEN LIKE A TREASURE IN A FIELD, ANOINTED AND EMPOWERED FROM THE BEGINNING, BY THE FULL SPIRIT OF GOD TO BE MOST POWERFUL EVEN WHEN SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev.13:8

FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS!

38 How God  anointed  Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:

FROM THE BEGINNING WHEN THE RIVER JORDAN WAS NOT EVEN IN EXISTENCE!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth @proclaimer

desiretruth also said: “Separate the OT from the NT and quit trying to merge what cannot be merged.” (post-944265)

Me: Romans 8:38-39
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor
    things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall
    be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thus, your mission will fail, desiretruth.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

bewildering speculative dogma.

Berean
    Participant

@ Desire Truth
    IF YOU REALLY BELIEVED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, YOU WOULD ALSO BE A BELIEVER OF THE NEW TESTAMENT.

🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 24,901 through 24,920 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account