The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

You are a Soul and the salvation of your soul is the plan of God.

1 Peter1.9-22.

One verse privately interpreted, can be misused to establish many false doctrines.

Find supporting scriptures for them 2 Cor 13.1-2

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick: “So you clarification is that the Son of God is a god, like kittens are cats, and bear cubs are bears.”

Absolutly not! That is heresy. Yeshua is not “a” god, He is “the” God in the flesh. Analogies break down especially in this case because there is no comparison to God.

Nick: “So you say the (S)on sic of God is another god?”  (emphasis mine)

You’re not listening! Yeshua IS the Great I AM, He said so Himself! He is not another god, He is God manifested in the flesh. Why is this so hard for you to understand or rather to believe!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

So your analogy fails.So why did you offer it?

The offspring of a cat is another cat but the offspring of God IS NOT another god because that is HERESY.

Did you not know that God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself? 2 Cor 5.19

Did you not know that in these last days God has SPOKEN TO US IN HIS SON.? Heb 1

Perhaps if you could discern God speaking by His Spirit in His Son and in His prophets and apostles it would help.

You would not be so bothered by the risks you take with idolatry and heresy.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

The truth is, the dead are now dead because they have all been sinners and “the wages of sin is death”(Romans 6:26). That is why humans die. They are sinful in body, in soul, and in spirit.

We, as human beings, are composed of three living parts. We are body. We are soul. And we are spirit. Paul put it this way:

“The very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus.”1 Thessalonians 5:23

God bless

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

This may help, Nick.

All one has to do is turn to Augustine, a clear non-Universalist, to see how it was once upon a time a rather popular doctrine. Augustine was a Rome Catholic.

The eastern orthodox church today, who claim to be the only church descended from Christ and the apostles still hold onto the possibility of universal salvation (universalism). They are the 2nd largest Christian denomination in the world today with 250 million members.  Even History proofs Universal Salvation Nick. For the first five hundred years of the Church believe in Universal Salvation.

God bless

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

You said:

You are a Soul and the salvation of your soul is the plan of God.

The Salvation for All isithe plan of God, body, soul and spirit the whole man Nick.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

You will find many ear ticklers to agree with you.

Dig4truth
    Participant

<b>Nick</b>: “<span style=”color: #0000ff;”>So your analogy fails.So why did you offer it? The offspring of a cat is another cat but the offspring of God IS NOT another god because that is HERESY. Did you not know that God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself? 2 Cor 5.19</span>”

All analogies fail at some point, that’s just the nature of them. The reason I used it was to illustrate how wrong you are about Yeshua and His nature. And while no analogy can be perfect they can illustrate some truth in a matter, which is why we use them.

I’m glad that you now admit that God was in Yeshua, I believe another way to say that is “God in the flesh”.

I’m curious Nick, could you describe who Yeshua came and died for? And if it’s not too much trouble could you also explain why He needed to die? Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

You say Jesus was God in flesh.

Reflect on your words.

You are saying the Son of God did not exist.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, Oh, I see His “anointing” existed before Him. Great job of adding to the Scripture. Where does it say ” anointing”? It doesn’t, you added it!

John 1:1-3,14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Word was God and became flesh. You say that He was not.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Math 1:18,23 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

His name is “God with us”. But you say that is a lie.

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Yet your name for Him is just a man!

Col 1:15-19,2:9 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Yet you say that He was created! How can “all things” be created if He had to be created first? They couldn’t! And apparently you do not think ALL the FULLNESS dwelt in Him!

I Tim 3:16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Yet you say that God was NOT revealed in the flesh, He was just a man.

Titus 2:13-14 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

But you say He is not our God! You have the wrong Messiah!

Acts 20:28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

But you say it was NOT God’s own blood!

Phil 2:6-8 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Yet you say that He did not exist as God. You say that He was just a man and not just “in the likeness” or “in appearance of a man”.

John 5:23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

If you honor the Father as God then according to the Apostle John you must honor Yeshua the same! You don’t Nick.

Heb 1:1-3 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

You do not believe that Yeshua is the exact representation of God’s nature, you beieve that He is the representation of a man.

Isa 43:11-13 I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me. 12 “It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “And I am God. 13 “Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?”

John 14:7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

Yet you say that if you see Yeshua you only see a man. Repent Nick and accept Yeshua as Lord of your life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

The Flesh contributes nothing.

The whole of the scriptures relate the work of God.

He uses clean and submitted vessels but men focus on the vessels and not God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

God has visited His people …in the vessels of the Son, the prophets and the apostles.

God has spoken through the prophets and in these last days through His Son. Heb 1

God, from Whom comes all the power and Who deserves the glory, is still in heaven.

Know the voice of the Spirit and then your confusion about God may disperse for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Acs 10.38

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power,

..and he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil..

Do you have a problem with Jesus being a man

or with his miraculous powers coming from above?

Or do you doubt that the Spirit that anointed him was from eternity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig 4,

God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself. 2cor 5.19 . IN him dwelled the fullness…

Do you seriously believe that because he was EMMANUEL that means he IS the God that dwelled in Him as Spirit?

Wake up.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, Oh, I see His “anointing” existed before Him. Great job of adding to the Scripture. Where does it say ” anointing”? It doesn’t, you added it!

John 1:1-3,14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Word was God and became flesh. You say that He was not.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Math 1:18,23 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

His name is “God with us”. But you say that is a lie.

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Yet your name for Him is just a man!

Col 1:15-19,2:9 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Yet you say that He was created! How can “all things” be created if He had to be created first? They couldn’t! And apparently you do not think ALL the FULLNESS dwelt in Him!

I Tim 3:16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Yet you say that God was NOT revealed in the flesh, He was just a man.

Titus 2:13-14 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

But you say He is not our God! You have the wrong Messiah!

Acts 20:28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

But you say it was NOT God’s own blood!

Phil 2:6-8 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Yet you say that He did not exist as God. You say that He was just a man and not just “in the likeness” or “in appearance of a man”.

John 5:23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

If you honor the Father as God then according to the Apostle John you must honor Yeshua the same! You don’t Nick.

Heb 1:1-3 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

You do not believe that Yeshua is the exact representation of God’s nature, you beieve that He is the representation of a man.

Isa 43:11-13 I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me. 12 “It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “And I am God. 13 “Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?”

John 14:7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

Yet you say that if you see Yeshua you only see a man. Repent Nick and accept Yeshua as Lord of your life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

You do not even believe Peter in Acts 10.28?

Peter was led by the Spirit but are you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

And as for you, the ANOINTING which you received from him abides in you..1jn2.27

We follow the ANOINTED one but do you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Acts 2.22

Men of Israel, listen to these words:

Jesus, the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs

which God performed through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know-

Acts 3.22

Moses said

’ The Lord God shall raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren..

Do you believe Peter or Moses or God

?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I believe that Jesus was the Word of God that came in the flesh. The Word was with God in the beginning.

JEsus came to this earth when he emptied himself and came as one of us. In that empty state he for sure partook of human nature and was a man like us except that he was the second Adam while we in the flesh are of the first. He provided a way for us to be born in the Spirit like he was when he partook of divine nature, the nature of God. And those who partake of this nature some call gods or theos, and while I cannot really argue against that, I see scripture more so use the term son of God or sons of God.

Just as we can partake in divine nature, this will never make us God though. And while we can be one with God, this too does not make us God. Saying that Jesus is God himself because he is one with God and has divine nature is a mistake because you would have to include those who are also sons.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Not a man though. Not conceived.

A god that PARTOOK OF HUMAN NATURE?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account