The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 07 2008,11:42)
    And why are the phrases “Spirit of God” and “Spirit of Christ” used interchangeably and equated by Paul:

Romans 8:9-11
    9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
    10 if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
    11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Questins, questions, questions….

TGIF!

TGIF?

Blessings
    Is

Why can't the Spirit of Christ and God be mentioned in such a way without confusing them.

After all it is written that Christ is in God, God is in Christ, and we can be in each other and in them too.

One in Spirit. It appears that spirit can become one. Think of what happens to water when 2 or more cups are poured out together.

Is it really anymore complicated than that?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Why people are making so many inferences to the Spirit of Christ?  Can't we know that 'Spirit of Christ' in nothing buy 'Spirit of anointing'. What is the meaning of Christ nothing but 'one that is anointed or Messiah'. Spirit of Christ which anointed God's people in O.T. or even Jesus at Jordan is one and the same Spirit which is also given to us at Pentecost as the Holy Spirit. This one Spirit which unites Jesus with God as well as all the believers with them. This one Spirit is also from God who is the giver(source). That's why Jesus told in Jn 15:26 ” the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father” not from him. It is also written in 1 Jn 4:13, “we abide in Him(God) He in us because He has given us of His Spirit”
    Therefore please I request all of you not to be confused with the Spirit of Christ saying that it is another Spirit than the Holy Spirit. There can not be two or more Spirits that we receive, as many in this forum are quoting, Paul could not be wrong in quoting “there is one Spirit by which we all are baptised” 1 Cori 12:12-13 & Eph 4:4
    Peace to all
    Adam

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 06 2008,19:42)

Quote (Lightenup @ June 07 2008,01:06)
    Well, is the Spirit of the Son godlike?  Hmmm…I would say yes, however I believe that, unlike the Holy Spirit of God, it didn't always exist.  I believe that it had a beginning, and that beginning was on day one of creation.

Thanks for the clarification LU, very informative!

I have looked and find no mention of the beginning of the existence of the Logos. From which scriptures do you derive your conclusions here?

Is it equal to the Holy Spirit of God, no.  Since I believe that the Holy Spirit of God always existed, no spirit that had a beginning could be its equal. I believe that the Spirit of the Son is under the authority of God Most High, His Father, and resides in the Son of God (and not a seperate person or being) since before anything was in heaven or on earth, day one of creation.

Question: If the Holy Spirit of God is greater than the Spirit of Yeshua why is He seemingly subservient to Him?

John 15:26
    26″When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me

John 16:13-14
    13″But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14″He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

And why are the phrases “Spirit of God” and “Spirit of Christ” used interchangeably and equated by Paul:

9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
    10 if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
    11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Questins, questions, questions….

TGIF!

TGIF?

Blessings
    Is

Hi Is 1:18,
    What t8 just said, I second it! (thanks t8).
    TGIF-Thank God it's Friday! :cool:
    Now for the rest of your questions:

I have looked and find no mention of the beginning of the existence of the Logos. From which scriptures do you derive your conclusions here?

I believe the Spirit of the Son of God was the Light of day one of creation, that which the logos, in the beginning, was referring to in John 1:1. I do not accept that the Son of God is called logos here but I believe that the logos in this verse is referring to the light, the Spirit of the Son of God. In other words:
    In the beginning was the word…”let there be light”
    And the word was with God…And the light was with God
    And the light was God…And the light was God, the begotten God, the firstborn (Col 1:15) of all creation, born before there was anything in heaven and on the earth. He has been the Son of God ever since.

Question: If the Holy Spirit of God is greater than the Spirit of Yeshua why is He seemingly subservient to Him?

John 15:26
    26″When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me

I believe that the “Helper” is the Spirit of the Father filling the Son. I believe that the Son can send the Spirit of the Father to others as it flows from the Father and through the Son. I do not believe that we can send the Spirit of the Father on to others though.

John 16:13-14
    13″But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14″He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

I believe that this is talking about the Spirit of the Father. The spirit of someone responds to the person's own directions, it does not act on its own although it exists on its own within that person and probably is emotional (feels grieved etc.). My spirit within me knows my thoughts yet it is not a seperate person from me. The spirit of God searches the depths of God yet it is not a seperate person from God. IMO

1 Cor 2:10-11

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.
    NASU

My answer is the same as t8 posted just above this post.

I think that covers it for now.
    Blessings back to you Is

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 07 2008,13:46)

I believe the Spirit of the Son of God was the Light of day one of creation, that which the logos, in the beginning, was referring to in John 1:1.  I do not accept that the Son of God is called logos here but I believe that the logos in this verse is referring to the light, the Spirit of the Son of God.  In other words:
    And the light was God…And the light was God, the begotten God, the firstborn (Col 1:15) of all creation, born before there was anything in heaven and on the earth.  He has been the Son of God ever since.

Hi LU,
    I don't know how you are getting such new revelations which no doctrine so far revealed that the 'light was the son of God'?
    Don't you know the 'light' created by God on the day one was also called the 'day' then what about 'darkeness' which God called night you want to say Satan?
    I wonder how people get such wired ideas in interpreting scriptures to prove their pre-existing concepts on God?
    I have to pity such people.
    Adam

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 07 2008,02:59)

I believe the Spirit of the Son of God was the Light of day one of creation, that which the logos, in the beginning, was referring to in John 1:1.  I do not accept that the Son of God is called logos here but I believe that the logos in this verse is referring to the light, the Spirit of the Son of God.  In other words:
    And the light was God…And the light was God, the begotten God, the firstborn (Col 1:15) of all creation, born before there was anything in heaven and on the earth.  He has been the Son of God ever since.

Hi LU,
    I don't know how you are getting such new revelations which no doctrine so far revealed that the 'light was the son of God'?
    Don't you know the 'light' created by God on the day one was also called the 'day' then what about 'darkeness' which God called night you want to say Satan?
    I wonder how people get such wired ideas in interpreting scriptures to prove their pre-existing concepts on God?
    Adam

Hi Golla,
    So are these questions that you want me to answer or merely stones of written insults that you want to throw at me?

Let me know if you really want answers, ok, and I will tell you a thing or two, otherwise, I will get behind my shield of faith and realize my answers aren't what you seek, you just want to injure me with your words.

LU

gollamudi
    Participant

Come on my Sis, not at all. Please answer my queries don't get insulted.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 07 2008,09:09)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 07 2008,02:59)

Hi LU,
    Adam

Hi Golla,
    So are these questions that you want me to answer or merely stones of written insults that you want to throw at me?

Let me know if you really want answers, ok, and I will tell you a thing or two, otherwise, I will get behind my shield of faith and realize my answers aren't what you seek, you just want to injure me with your words.

LU

Hello Golla,
    You might read my post on this page for further understanding of where I get my thoughts regarding the Son of God as the Light of day one.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….9;st=30

LU

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Thanks for your response. Yes now I can understand your views clearly. Only thing I differ in such interpretations. Any how we will discuss further on that.
    I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. In fact that was not my intention at all. You also should be open to learn apart from your personal revelations.
    Be of good cheer my Sis
    Adam

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 08 2008,01:34)
    Hi LU,
    Thanks for your response. Yes now I can understand your views clearly. Only thing I differ in such interpretations. Any how we will discuss further on that.
    I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. In fact that was not my intention at all. You also should be open to learn apart from your personal revelations.
    Be of good cheer my Sis
    Adam

Hi Golla,
    No hard feelings. Thank you for taking the time to try to understand. I'll look for your future questions.
    Have a great day!
    LU

gollamudi
    Participant

Thank you kathi,
    I think Mandy also thinking differently nowaydays you might have seen her post under “pre-existence”. May be she is thinking like you. When you have posted that Son of God was the light created by God on the day One, I really got agitated on your interpretations. Any how now we have to examine every revelation in the light of scriptures only. Nothing can deviate from the written word of God, that is my belief.
    I will certainly gothrough that in detail in the light of scriptures. meanwhile if you have anything more you can share. So far I have learnt many things from Gene, Adam Pastor, Mandy and few other brothers in this forum.
    May God continue to give us revelations in understanding His scriptures properly.
    Love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    The book of Acts is the work of the Spirit of God and also shows the knowledge and abilities of God through His Spirit. It is not a record of ignorant men stumbling to learn things that modern men have come to know. Modern men have distorted truth and added gnostic ideas. They should learn from their fathers in faith.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I wonder why you quote suddenly such words/verses without seeing their relevance?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Which quotes?

gollamudi
    Participant

The earlier one

NickHassan
    Participant

hmm

gollamudi
    Participant

What?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God is not a person in God.
    Would a person be anointed on Jesus and now on millions?

gollamudi
    Participant

You better explain to WJ and Isaiah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I copied Is 1.18's post to here.
    ” Posted: June 11 2008,19:58  

——————————————————————————–
    Quote (Lightenup @ June 11 2008,17:38)
    “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Regarding this verse:
    The personal spirit of God is directed by the mind of God, it  acts as the spirit of God, not the mind of God. It is not a person in and of itself nor does it have its own will.  It responds to the will of God.  The mind of God is where the things of God originate and then God, with His thoughts, directs His spirit within Him to act accordingly, and the spirit within Him responds to His will.

The spirit within God certainly would not act on its own initiative.  It does what the mind of God directs it to do.  It doesn't have a choice, it depends on the mind to initiate what it does.  The Spirit of God does not have its own mind or will, it responds to God's mind and will.  Also, the spirit of God is without measure, it never runs out.  It remains in God but also flows into others.

Our spirit does not act on its own as if we had a spirit that acted independently of our will.  Apparently God does not have a spirit that acts independently of His will either.  The Holy Spirit gives us that which it has been shown or told by the thoughts of God's mind.

This is my understanding.

Gratefully His,
    LU

Hi LU.
    I think I understand your position correctly, you affirm that the Holy Spirit is a non personal, spiritual extension of the Father, true? If so I believe there are some verse that challenge the theory that the Holy Spirit does not have His own mind or will:

“and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.” (Romans 8:27)

“THE mind OF the Spirit” It couldn't be more explicit. The text also bears out that the Spirit “intercedes” (to intercede in behalf of: – make intercession for. [Strongs]) on the saints' behalf, which denotes intelligence, right? But notwithstanding that Who does He intercede to? Wouldn't it be the Father? Seems to me He would be, a lot of scripture points to that. So in holding that that The Holy Spirit is a non-personal extension of the Father Himself is also to acknowledge that The Father (Who is Himself “Spirit”) uses an extension of Him to make intercession TO HIMSELF. Which is the very essence of confusion.

“But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:11)

The Spirit right here in this verse is said to have a will. It's plain.

Here is, what I think is, an excellent exegetical study of the Bible's Holy Spirit data. It was written by Glenn Miller. Have a read and tell me what you think.

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/trin04a.html

Blessings
    Is “

Hi Is 1.18,
    Again we should not let the unusual language about God's amazing Spirit distract us.
    The Spirit IS the Spirit of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Infact Isaiah has given a wonderful article on the “Holy Spirit” you have to appreciate it. See my post in pre-existence you may understand it better.
    Thanks
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account