The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,461 through 1,480 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,05:59)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Is the spirit of the Son different to the Holy Spirit and different to the Spirit of God?
    How many spirits are there?

NH

One Spirit! Three persons, One God!

Plainly seen in scripture!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 15 2007,06:28)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,05:59)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Is the spirit of the Son different to the Holy Spirit and different to the Spirit of God?
    How many spirits are there?

NH

One Spirit! Three persons, One God!

Plainly seen in scripture!

Hi W,
    You know that the Holy Spirit which God pours out from Himself is not another person, but I guess old traditions are hard to break.

david
    Participant

I'm looking for that verse that some think that the holy spirit is being worshipped. Can anyone remember where that is?

david
    Participant

(Acts 2:33) “Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out this which YOU see and hear.”

david
    Participant

I'm also looking for that scripture that says the holy spirit is equal with Jehovah, and Jesus in power, substance, knowledge, etc.
    Does anyone remember where that scripture is? I think it might be in Hezekiah? Anyone?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,01:58)
    Hi W,
    You must not confuse the angelic spirits.
    Heb 1
    ” 13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”
    Or the spirits that the apostles thought of when they saw Christ walking on the water.
    26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Or the evil demonic spirits.
    Luke 11:24
    ” When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.'

Matt 12
    43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

All beings of soul and spirit.

NH

What are you saying?

Is the Father the Father of Angels, or demons?

Only the sons of God can call him Father!

Look again.

1 Cor 14:32
    And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

Heb 12:23
    To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 12:9
    Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

He is not the Father of demons or Angels! His Sons are Spirits.

We are Spirits who have a soul who live in a body!

???

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,06:42)
    I'm looking for that verse that some think that the holy spirit is being worshipped.  Can anyone remember where that is?

David

There is one Spirit. Not 2 or three. God is a Spirit and there is One Spirit, God is the Spirit!

Plain as the nose on your face!

david
    Participant

Plain as the nose on your face!

I”m sorry, do you know which scripture I'm talking about or not?

david
    Participant

“The Jews never regarded the spirit as a person; nor is there any solid evidence that any Old Testament writer held this view. . . . The Holy Spirit is usually presented in the Synoptics [Gospels] and in Acts as a divine force or power.”
    (Catholic theologian Fortman, The Triune God, 1982 Edition)

New Catholic Encyclopedia Encyclopedia must admit a few things:
    “The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God.” (1967, Vol. XIII, p. 575)

It also reports: “The Apologists [Greek Christian writers of the second century] spoke too haltingly of the Spirit; with a measure of anticipation, one might say too impersonally.”—Vol. XIV, p. 296.

Was it that the early Christians spoke too impersonally of God's holy spirit, or that later “Christians” in later periods spoke too personally?

DID JESUS EARLIEST FOLLOWERS WORSHIP THE HOLY SPIRIT AS GOD?

HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE TOLD THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD?

WHY DOESN’T THE HOLY SPIRIT KNOW WHAT GOD KNOWS? (MARK 13:32)

A PERSON CAN BE PORTRAYED BY THE IMAGE OF A PERSON (AS JEHOVAH AND JESUS ARE) SO WHY ISN'T THE HOLY SPIRIT EVER PICTURED IN HUMAN TERMS (AS HAVING A CROWN FOR EXAMPLE, OR A THRONE)?

WHY IS THE HOLY SPIRIT MISSING FROM VISIONS WHERE JEHOVAH AND JESUS ARE PICTURED?

YES, WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT'S THRONE?

JEHOVAH (THE FATHER) AND JESUS (HIS SON) HAVE PERSONAL NAMES, SO WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT'S NAME, IF IT IS A PERSON?

WHERE ARE WE COMMANDED TO LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?

WHERE ARE WE TOLD THE HOLY SPIRIT LOVES US?

WHERE ARE WE TOLD OF THE LOVE BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE HOLY SPIRIT OR BETWEEN THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT?

WHY IS IT USED IN PARALLEL AND IN LINE WITH IMPERSONAL THINGS, IF IT IS A PERSON? (NEITHER JESUS NOR HIS FATHER ARE EVER SPOKEN OF OR LISTED IN WITH A STRING OF IMPERSONAL QUALITIES, AS THE HOLY SPIRIT IS)

WHY DID IT TAKE A FEW HUNDRED YEARS FOR “CHRISTIANS” TO FIGURE OUT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS A PERSON WHO IS PART OF A TRINITY?

david
    Participant

ok, that's irritating to read.

david
    Participant

These questions below have the magical quality of invisibility. So far, they have appeared invisible to most. I decided to try to disolve this quality by making them larger. I hope it works.

DID JESUS EARLIEST FOLLOWERS WORSHIP THE HOLY SPIRIT AS GOD?

HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE TOLD THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD?

WHY DOESN’T THE HOLY SPIRIT KNOW WHAT GOD KNOWS? (MARK 13:32)

A PERSON CAN BE PORTRAYED BY THE IMAGE OF A PERSON (AS JEHOVAH AND JESUS ARE) SO WHY ISN'T THE HOLY SPIRIT EVER PICTURED IN HUMAN TERMS (AS HAVING A CROWN FOR EXAMPLE, OR A THRONE)?

WHY IS THE HOLY SPIRIT MISSING FROM VISIONS WHERE JEHOVAH AND JESUS ARE PICTURED?

YES, WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT'S THRONE?

JEHOVAH (THE FATHER) AND JESUS (HIS SON) HAVE PERSONAL NAMES, SO WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT'S NAME, IF IT IS A PERSON?

WHERE ARE WE COMMANDED TO LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?

WHERE ARE WE TOLD THE HOLY SPIRIT LOVES US?

WHERE ARE WE TOLD OF THE LOVE BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE HOLY SPIRIT OR BETWEEN THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT?

WHY IS IT USED IN PARALLEL AND IN LINE WITH IMPERSONAL THINGS, IF IT IS A PERSON? (NEITHER JESUS NOR HIS FATHER ARE EVER SPOKEN OF OR LISTED IN WITH A STRING OF IMPERSONAL QUALITIES, AS THE HOLY SPIRIT IS)

WHY DID IT TAKE A FEW HUNDRED YEARS FOR “CHRISTIANS” TO FIGURE OUT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS A PERSON WHO IS PART OF A TRINITY?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,06:46)
    I'm also looking for that scripture that says the holy spirit is equal with Jehovah, and Jesus in power, substance, knowledge, etc.
    Does anyone remember where that scripture is?  I think it might be in Hezekiah?  Anyone?

And where in the Bible do we read about Michael the Archangel taking on flesh and becoming Jesus of Nazareth?

???  :)  :D

david
    Participant

PHIL 2:9; IS 52:13; ACTS 2:33; EPH 1:20,21; HEB 7:26; 1 PET 3:22; MAT 28:18; 1 COR 15:25; PS 2:6; 110:1; IS 9:6; HEB 1:13; ROM 8:34
    *Heb 1:4 * Heb 1:9; ps 45:7

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,06:44)
    (Acts 2:33) “Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out this which YOU see and hear.”

David

He also says this..

1 Cor 14:25
    And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Eph 4:6
    One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Pet 3:15
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

1 Jn 4:4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 Jn 4:12
    No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 Jn 4:15
    Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 Jn 4:16
    And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

All these scriptures say God is in us! I dont know what your NWT glasses will show but there is One Spirit and One God and if we know him we know him by his Spirit dwelling in us which is God!

david
    Participant

Now, back to MY QUESTION.

We can and have discussed your question in the appropriate thread for weeks at a time. As I've said, my questions are invisible. The fact that you think you saw them doesn't prove you did. Did you see them?

Are you saying you're basing your belief on something similar to my beliefs? Because I'm quite certain you have condemned me for linking together scriptures that hint at something but don't actually say it. You're not saying that is the case here, are you?

david
    Participant

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

QUESTION: Do you think the God of all the universe literally dwells inside you? The universe itself cannot contain him, much less handmade temples, much less little old you. What do you actually think these verses mean?

david
    Participant

All these scriptures say God is in us! I dont know what your NWT glasses will show but there is One Spirit and One God and if we know him we know him by his Spirit dwelling in us which is God!

oh, i see. Because God's holy spirit dwells in people and since we are told that God dwells in people, you connect the two to mean that

God=his spirit.

If I was a doctor and I plunged my finger into your heart (during some surgery of course) I could say that I am in you. I could also say my finger is in you.
    Wait a second? Isn't God's finger his holy spirit?

This in no way proves what you think it does anymore than my illustration proves that

doctor = his finger.

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,07:18)
    Now, back to MY QUESTION.

We can and have discussed your question in the appropriate thread for weeks at a time.  As I've said, my questions are invisible.  The fact that you think you saw them doesn't prove you did.  Did you see them?  

Are you saying you're basing your belief on something similar to my beliefs?  Because I'm quite certain you have condemned me for linking together scriptures that hint at something but don't actually say it.  You're not saying that is the case here, are you?

David

There is no discussion with you!

All you will do is spam the post with watch Tower agenda!

You are not open for dialogue, you completely evade scriptures that are obvious and go off on a tangent about something else!

Then you slam the forum with canned writtings that are long enough for a book!

Have fun spamming the forum with your WT teachings!

Why dont you answer my questions that I posted earlier about One Spirit?

???

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,07:23)

oh, i see.  Because God's holy spirit dwells in people and since we are told that God dwells in people, you connect the two to mean that

God=his spirit.

If I was a doctor and I plunged my finger into your heart (during some surgery of course) I could say that I am in you.  I could also say my finger is in you.
    Wait a second?  Isn't God's finger his holy spirit?

This in no way proves what you think it does anymore than my illustration proves that

doctor = his finger.

David

Then please show me what these scriptures mean!

???

Quote (david @ Mar. 15 2007,07:19)

QUESTION: Do you think the God of all the universe literally dwells inside you?  The universe itself cannot contain him, much less handmade temples, much less little old you.  What do you actually think these verses mean?

David

Do you limit God who fills all things right down to the atoms?

Is it to hard for God to be in more than one place?

???

Viewing 20 posts - 1,461 through 1,480 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account