The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Cult Buster
    Participant

David.

It is obvious that you are ducking weaving and dancing around the truth.

These are the same tactics used by Jehovahs witnesses when they are cornered by scriptures. Your multitude of words are designed to muddy the waters and swamp the truth off this forum but you delude only yourself and the others of your religious cliche.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

Please explain how I misquoted you.

You answered your own question.

I guess I changed your 'he “can” be worshiped' to he “should” be worshipped.

david
    Participant

David.

It is obvious that you are ducking weaving and dancing around the truth.

These are the same tactics used by Jehovahs witnesses when they are cornered by scriptures. Your multitude of words are designed to muddy the waters and swamp the truth off this forum but you delude only yourself and the others of your religious cliche.

CB, for weeks, all you would do is post your same posts. I'd respond to them in multiple threads. You would never answer ANY of my questions. Those words of yours above apply well to you.

You speak of “tactics” and then in the same sentence, you use the tactic of attacking the person rather than defending your weakening postion.

And if anyone is muddying the pages of this forum, it would be someone who posts the exact same post in 8 different threads at the same time and then does the same again every week. It makes it seem like you have a lot to offer. But there is no actual conversing with you about these scriptures.

Your comment about me being “cornered by scriptures” is absolutely the most ridiculous thing anyone has said on this forum to me. I have answered your posts for weeks without any responce back to myself. My questions remained unanswered.

I tell you what CB. Let's put our chips on the table. Let's pick one thread. You say you are busy guy. I'm going to help you. Just you and me. Let's have a conversation back and forth, the way people usually do. Pick one of these “holy spirt” threads and let's discuss this.

I do ask that we stick the scriptures and consider the bible as a whole, rather than attack one another. That would prove nothing of course.

What do you say?

david
    Participant

And that represents “twisting” your words.

“This is why I haven't taken you seriously because you twist my words and resort to falsehood and misrepresentation,” you said.

I'm sorry for correcting your statment.

So I shouldn't have corrected you?

So you believe that the holy spirit “can” be worshiped, but saying that you believe he “should” be worshiped, you find issue with?

is that correct?

He can be worshiped, but should he? hmmm. Good point. Glad you made an issue of it.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

So you believe that the holy spirit “can” be worshiped, but saying that you believe he “should” be worshiped, you find issue with?

is that correct?

The issue David is that you twisted my words for some perceived advantage.

When you worship God (Elohiym) your worship goes also to the Holy Spirit because He is part of Elohiym the Godhead also known as Jehovah.

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Yhovah) our God (Elohiym-Plural) is one LORD  (Yhovah):

Elohiym
    gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God;

Mark 12:29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord (Kurios) our God  (Theos) is one Lord (Kurios):

Jesus here in Mark 12:29  is obviously referring to Deut 6:4
    Note that Theos  is used in the place of  Elohym which is plural. Therefore Theos can be used in the context of the Godhead by Jesus’ own use of the phrase.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods (Elohiym) before me.
    Again Elohiym is used to indicate plurality.

Consider:

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God (Elohiym-Plural)  created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:26   And God (Elohiym-Plural)   said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

In these two verses Elohiym is the Godhead.

These reference to Elohiym are to the Supreme God, not pagan gods or magistrates.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

The Holy Spirit is One of the Three Persons of the Godhead. The scriptures have to be considered in their entirety. And also the Three Persons of the Godhead so as to get a balanced study.

If you wish to engage me on scripture you can do so on the general forum as I have not the time to devote exclusively to you and post also on the general forum. You lot are a legion. I am but one person.

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi CB,
    The Holy Spirit must be treated with the same respect that the Father Himself is due. To blaspheme the Spirit is to blaspheme God the Father Himself, and is far more serious than blasphemy against the Son of God. But we do not pray to or worship the Spirit of God as God do we?

Your worship if acceptable to God goes also to the Holy Spirit for His name is Jehovah.

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Your prayers and worship are to be according to the plan of salvation.

Just because God asks you to do things a certain way does not give you license to try to destroy the truth and character of the Three Persons of the Godhead with your blasphemous Arian doctrine.

david
    Participant

While some texts refer to the spirit as ‘witnessing,’ ‘speaking,’ or ‘saying’ things, other texts make clear that it spoke through persons, having no personal voice of its own. (Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)
    Look at this text again. If you're trying to equate Jehovah with the holy spirit, you are mistaken. The holy spirit, most likely through someone is saying: This is what the LORD, Jehovah had said….
    This text doesn't say that this is what the holy spirit says (as in, what Jehovah said in Jeremiah.) The holy spirit is saying what Jehovah had said.
    And, if we compare the other scriptures that I noted above, we see that the Bible often SPEAKS ? of the holy spirit as speaking ? when other texts make plain that the holy spirit is speaking “through” someone. The holy spirit inspired them to say what they said.

Your worship if acceptable to God goes also to the Holy Spirit for His name is Jehovah.

Nowhere does scripture say anything that resembles this.

david
    Participant

You misunderstand me. I'm asking you to suspend your posting on the general forum for a couple days so we can have an actual conversation. Really, this should save you time, as you won't be in 9 threads at the same time. Only one thread. This one, ifyou like.

The scriptures have to be considered in their entirety.

This is what I'm asking, yes.

Otherwise, jumping around, from thread to thread, not really answering anyone's questions, that seems to be what you accuse me of: “ducking weaving and dancing around the truth.”

You wouldn't want people to think that's what you're doing.

You lot are a legion. I am but one person.

If you are referring to me and Nick… as a legion, maybe it would be better if you conversed with one person at a time. I am but one person as well. In the past hour, I've been posting to you and WJ and also Is 1:18 a bit. I know this is hard, so I'm trying to make it easier for you, just for a day or two.

Can we have a normal conversation?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2007,03:20)
    Hi CB,
    Spamming and shouting are frowned on here so please improve your manners.
    Of course the Spirit is of God, as your finger is to you.
    But we do not worship or pray to the Spirit of God do we?

Hi Nick, still on about the finger eh?

The Spirit of God is NOT the Father. He is the Holy Spirit. The reason He is called the finger of God is because it is He (the Holy Spirit) who touches our lives on God's behalf.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Jan. 15 2007,08:02)
    NH

Hi CB,
    The Holy Spirit must be treated with the same respect that the Father Himself is due. To blaspheme the Spirit is to blaspheme God the Father Himself, and is far more serious than blasphemy against the Son of God. But we do not pray to or worship the Spirit of God as God do we?

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Your prayers and worship are to be according to the plan of salvation.

Just because God asks you to do things a certain way does not give you license to try to destroy the truth and character of the Three Persons of the Godhead with your blasphemous Arian doctrine.

Hi cb,
    That's funny because Romans 8 tells me the Holy Spirit helps me worship God??

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 15 2007,19:23)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2007,03:20)
    Hi CB,
    Spamming and shouting are frowned on here so please improve your manners.
    Of course the Spirit is of God, as your finger is to you.
    But we do not worship or pray to the Spirit of God do we?

Hi Nick, still on about the finger eh?

The Spirit of God is NOT the Father.  He is the Holy Spirit.  The reason He is called the finger of God is because it is He (the Holy Spirit) who touches our lives on God's behalf.

Hi Oxy,
    Indeed God reaches out and touches us with His finger.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cb,
    How is it that the Spirit helps us worship God[rom 8]
    if we are meant to be worshipping him??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You speak a lot about the Spirit. Have you not yet tasted the gifts from above? The Spirit and the gifts are available through prayer to God if he has become your father. You too can have the Spirit as Paul did.

Lk 11
    ” 9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?”

1Cor 7
    ” 40But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So the Spirit given us we should know because that Spirit is the downpayment on our salvation, evidence that we are reborn from above.

1Jn 3
    ” 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”

eph 1
    “12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

2 Corinthians 1:22
    Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

No theory here but experience of the precious gifts from above.

david
    Participant

Well CB?

david
    Participant

The issue David is that you twisted my words for some perceived advantage.

So, please do tell me: Tell everyone: What perceived advantage did I gain by changing the phrase: we “can” worship the holy spirit to “we should worship the holy spirit.”? ? ?

If the holy spirit is God, one would think that my phrase is more correct than yours. AFter all, if the holy spirit is God, it “should” indeed be worshiped. Not, we “can” worship it.

Yet, for some reason, you attempted, horribly, to try to make it seem like I twisted your words.

So what “perceived advantage” did I gain by accidently changing this one word? I'd like to know, CBuster

david

david
    Participant

GOD'S FINGER:

MATTHEW 12:28
    “But if it is by means of GOD'S SPIRIT that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

LUKE 11:20
    “But if it is by means of GOD'S FINGER I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

I think calling God's holy spirit “God's finger” helps us to reason out what the holy spirit is. We all know what our fingers are. They are a part of us that helps us to make things happen.

Over and over again, we see that God's holy spirit is mentioned in action. It is never still, stagnent. It's never spoken of as just sitting around pictured in heaven, with Jehovah and Jesus, for example.
    It is God's finger. And what are fingers or “hand.”
    And what do our fingers or hands do? Whatever we want them to.
    God's holy spirit is used by God to carry out his purpose and will.

charity
    Participant

You Know men
    The only thing Job did wrong was defend himself and not God
    Pages of it
    Christ did not defend himself; it is called carrying your cross, to execute pride

We all have pride God bless you all
    Can’t wait to see men that are worth Gold

Pro 27:21 [As] the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so [is] a man to his praise.
    Pro 27:22 Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, [yet] will not his foolishness depart from him.
    Pro 27:23 ¶ Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, [and] look well to thy herds.
    Pro 27:24 For riches [are] not for ever: and doth the crown [endure] to every generation?

David

Give me your interpretation of this scripture!

II Cor 3:17
    KJV
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

NLT
    Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom.

NIV
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

ESV
    Now the Lord* is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

NWT
    Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.

I have checked them all and they all say the same thing!  

???

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account