The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,061 through 6,080 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Scripture is the wisdom of GodEnglish Standard Version

Lk 11

Therefore also the Wisdom of God said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and persecute,’

1 cor 2 compares them

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Have you read any of his material? An agnostic is not an atheist  by no means nick,  Ehrman  has stated he believes in Jesus, just not the Jesus that modern orthodox christologsy has put forth, and you and I and others here don’t  either. So why would you not think other orthodox scholars  would not  counter him just as the do here also,  it would be unreasonable for them not to , right.  Rest assured Ehrman, is not my mentor, where it comes to my Faith and Ehrman is not the only one who has found all kind of  corruption of our present scriptures he is far from being alone concerning that.. doctrine . What is good he has spent  30 years studying the actual text that now exist and are available to  textual critics as he is,  he is a  theology  professor it  the university of Carolina .

If you will just give  his two books a chance,  “when Jesus became God”, a New York times best seller,  And ,”the Scriptural  Corruption of  Orthodox ”   Nick email me and I will send you  the books if you can’t afford them,   They will definitely enlighten you or anyone else here that reads them.  Specially  you , and Kerwin and Edj. And others also…..IMO

Our present text has been corrupted so bad over the last  nineteen hundred years,  you just will be amassed of not only the proof of the corruptions , but how and why they were corrupted .  There are whole episodes mentioned in our text that were added into the text, that we’re not in the originals, like for instance the women caught in adulatory, it is not even found in the earlier texts found and not to mention so many other words add and subtracted and altered.

What  is good about his books, he not only brings out the textual corruptions, but also he  shows why it appears they were corrupted, to counter other forms of  christlogy  like the adoptionest  and Gnostics, and  pro-orthodox teachings,  scribes changed wording to better fit their theologies.  Nick you will find it very interesting  I assure you, it is also full of church history and church father who were trying to counter  some of these corruptions.

peace and and love to you and yours……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

I will read them perhaps after you have read the rebuttal.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……it not wisdom of men you are referring to, it’s the WISDOM of the WORLD.  I think you may have changed that brother.

Better put….. The wisdom  “FROM” the world , or the wisdom “FROM” God.

Wisdom is Wisdom , no matter where it  comes from,  it just depends on  where it was  derived .  From above or from below.  It just where your mind is, on carnal things , wisdom of the world, or spiritual things is wisdom from  above.  So if you accuse us of worldly wisdom then you are under obligation to prove it,, right,  I believe your assumption that Jesus’ body was morphed in another creature of some kind is “worldly” wisdom, seeing not one scripture says, he was changed into some other form of  created creature..  I believe he still is flesh and bone and not a Spirit of any kind, just as he said he was. That is  spiritual wisdom from above. Why because it is written I did not invent it,  you on the other Hand take a SYMBOLICALLY  written book and try to make say  what contradicts  Jesus’ word.  I have given you many, many, things showing where men were able to do  mighty and great works with there flesh bodies, where they walked on water , where their face shined so bright  they had to put a vail so people could look on a man., but none of the seems to reach you carnal ideas of us no longer having flesh bodies, I have shown you where Adam and Eve could have lived forever jut the way they were created by God, and that was right out of Gods own mouth, I have shown you about the resurrection  God himself showed and spoke about, all of this was wisdom from above, but what good did it do brother?.

peace and and love to you and yours…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Yes we know that you think jesus still has to cut his toenails but is that what the godly wisdom of 1Cor 15 says?

Jesus was resurrected in the tattered and torn house but God has better plans for him and us

Flesh contributes nothing

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom so wake up.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Why would you offer agnosticism as a viable option to faith??

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

And do you rate the wisdom of men against the wisdom of God??

vanity vanity all is vanity

Flesh contributes nothing

If you are using the clause “wisdom of men” as Scripture does then you mean the wisdom of godless men as godly men use the wisdom of God.

The whole duty of man is to serve God, all else in vanity.

A godly man is one that serves God in all his endeavors. Such a one reasons according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Does God share your opinion of who is godly?

The whole world is under the power of the evil one.

His Son and those born into him escape the wrath of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Does God share your opinion of who is godly?

The whole world is under the power of the evil one.

His Son and those born into him escape the wrath of God.

My opinion of the one who is godly is the one that does the will of God. Yes, God agrees.

That is why Jesus came to set those that believe truly free from servitude to sin.

Those that do not serve sin are not subject to the wrath of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

How can you obey the will of God?

By obedience to the law or obedience to the command to be reborn and to be led by the Spirit?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

obedience to the command to be reborn and to be led by the Spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kw,

yes.

The word is a lamp to our feet

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….So he who condemns another condemns himself also,  seeing he does the same things. Right?

kerwin believes we should keep the commandments of God, so did Jesus also.  He did not say by works of law (forced compliance) but he meant by the operation of the Spirit of God in us. IMO

The word of God is indeed a lamp unto our feet, but one needs to make sure it is the word of  God  first, and not the word of man changed to appear as the word of God,  to fit their own ideas of what they think is the word of God is saying, when in fact it is their own wants and desires they are serving. IMO

PS…….Nick  I went online to see what the minister rebuttal you were referring to  but found none  so far I will continue to look, but what I have found about the guy so far  is that he is just another  orthodox trinitarian minister , have no real textual historically  knowledge what so ever, it seem. I would really like to read his remarks though.  But remember one is a thirty year textual scholar, who has all the actual texts available to him , who has studied them and compared then  as well as the early church leaders records and what they had to say about the early church conflicts . While his critic  offers what?

Nick my email is………[email protected]…….send me your address  and  I will  send them to you  as soon as I am done with the last one  in a week or two.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

kerwin believes we should keep the commandments of God, so did Jesus also. He did not say by works of law (forced compliance) but he meant by the operation of the Spirit of God in us. IMO

Those who live by the Spirit do the righteous requirements of the Law.

Those that live by the Law live by human effort and not by power of the Spirit.

In neither case is the compliance forced.

It is a case of what is impossible for man is possible for God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Reborn of water and the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

It is a very short rebuttal available on Kindle and from Amazon.

His trinitarian views are irrelevant

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,

I can easily get the books you offer.

But there seems little point

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….All trinitarians  would naturally disagree with him, because it takes down much of what the believe in. It also supports much of what we believe in  and shows that the original teachings of the church was an adoptionist  view point was we believe also. He shows how that view over time was shifted to what it is today. How scriptures were corrupted to fit modern orthodox  views.

Do what you want, but I still would encourage anyone here to  read his  books.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    A blanket rejection of the Word of God based on trivia is unhelpful.
    Men have always preferred to trust their own ideas.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Reborn of water and the Spirit.

Yes as the believer’s spirit is born of the Spirit and the believer is born of water. The birth of water symbolizes the birth of spirit but is required just like a certain man had to wash in the Pool of Siloam to receive the miracle of site. In that case to the water served to symbolize cleansing.

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,061 through 6,080 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account