The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,981 through 6,000 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

In this case Gene is trying to understand what God is telling him. Are you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Why are you so hostile about God delivering his creation from it’s BONDAGE of corruption. Even Jesus said he did not come to condemn this world but to save it.

Nick, take a long look at the handy work of our God, is it not simply amazing, God’s beauty and craftmenship, is visible in his whole creation, it’s simply amazing to me. I would not want to live no where else in all the universe that I have so far seen, then in this earth with all it’s amazing beauty. It’s beauty and magistry glorifies him who created it.

Once my tired and old body is regenerated I will be happy and content, and when I can go again and explore things in this world, I have not yet been able to see and experience, I love all of Gods creation, and I believe he also does or he wouldn’t want to preserve and deliver it from it’s bond of corruption. I think you do to, IMO.

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

As above you constantly try to show us from scripture what you believe is true.

But when it comes to the Holy Spirit you make no such effort and offer us a humanly based idea that spirit is intellect?

Why the inconsistency?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

So you will not be like the angels then?

Keep those nails trimmed, find the next loo?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

If you do not rely on scripture to define spirit should you be listened to?

Your doctrines are human.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

But when it comes to the Holy Spirit you make no such effort and offer us a humanly based idea that spirit is intellect?

If I knew what you mean by “humanly” then I would have a better idea of what you are saying here. As it is I believe your definition is from the flesh nature and therefore not a godly definition.

Are you trying to say “But when it comes to the Holy Spirit you make no such effort and offer us a Godless based idea that spirit is intellect?”

If so then I am not sure if Gene is misusing the word intellect and so miscommunicating his ideas. Perhaps he would do better to look in a dictionary though sometimes those definitions are as hard to understand as the original word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

That was addressed to Gene.

The word intellect is not in scripture.

He says he is taught by the Spirit but is this so?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….If the spirit is not intellect to you what is it to you? To me all thinking is a form of intellect
    of some kind, rather of God , or man.

So please tell me what spirit means to you seeing you associate no intellect to it, give us you renditions of spirit, and if it doesn’t effect our intellects the please explain what spirit does.

Peace and love to you and yours………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

That was addressed to Gene.

The word intellect is not in scripture.

He says he is taught by the Spirit but is this so?

More foolishness as Scripture was not written in English and any English word that you find in Scripture is a word that translators put their to sum up the idea of the word in the original language.

The question is if the idea is there and unless Gene is clearly expressing the idea you cannot test it.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Could you give a definition from a dictionary for what you mean when you say intellect?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Do you not rely on the teaching of Scripture .

The Spirit does not teach according to the thoughts of men.

Spirit is just about THINKING??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……To me, intellect encompasses all forms of throught.

Wisdom, expresses itself as a form of intellect.
    Knowledge, expresses itself as a form of intellect.
    All forms of Thoughts, expresses thenselves as a forms of intellect.

Spirit itself is expressed in us as intelligence which give us our thinking giving us the intellect we have.

Nick has no understanding of what spirit is, so he simply critices me because he can’t put it to any understanding that he has. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Those are your thoughts.

But you said you are taught by the Spirit.

Did the Spirit teach you what is not written?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

The definition if intellect by Merriam-Webster online dictionary

a : the power of knowing as distinguished from the power to feel and to will : the capacity for knowledge
    b : the capacity for rational or intelligent thought especially when highly developed
    : a person with great intellectual powers

I do not see where your definition fits any of these definitions.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The last thing I said to you was:

The question is if the idea is there and unless Gene is clearly expressing the idea you cannot test it.

Are you objecting to good communications. Do you prefer to talk in a language your hearer does not understand. What good in that?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….The sprit give us those powers of knowing. That why I say spirit itself is intellect, because that is where our knowing comes from. Do you see my point. Scripture also backs this up, “for what knows a man except for the spirit of man that is “in” him.

I draw my understanding of what spirit is from that brother.

Peace and love to you and yours…………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

2 Peter 1:5-7New King James Version (NKJV)
    Fruitful Growth in the Faith

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

Some of these things are not things we attribute to intellect.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

But the Spirit reminds us of what Jesus said. Jn14.23

He did not say this so it is not from the Spirit.

Are you really taught by the Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,

The catholic church and her competitors claim they are guided by the Spirit.

There are many spirits

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

“He abides with you and shall be in you” John

Viewing 20 posts - 5,981 through 6,000 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account