The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,481 through 5,500 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    I presume you mean KERWIN.

One verse does not make a reliable doctrine for us.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2012,19:13)
    Hi Charles,
    How far will logic take you against the scriptures?

Nick,

I wish you be more specific in order to verify my points

It is through logic that we get closr to GOD, ALTHOUGH GOD HIMSELF HAS NO LOGIC.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    Opinion supported by a verse divides.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2009,22:37)
    Trinitarians believe that the Holy Spirit is a separate “being” of the triune God.  I suggest this was not the message of scriptures.  It is never mentioned of the Spirit as being the “third person of the trinity” anywhere in scriptures.  

As Michael L. Brown says in Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus,” p. 53:

…Is the “Spirit of God” the same as “God”? Yes and no.  The Spirit clearly has personality, since the Holy Spirit instructs the people of Israel and can be grieved or angered. Yet the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God-i.e., God's very Spirit, he is both giving himself as well as giving of himself.  The key is always this: God touches us, teaches us, interacts with us, and empowers us by his Spirit.

With that understanding it is very easy to understand why the “Holy Spirit” is not mentioned along with the Father in these following verses since references speaking of the person of the Father would assume that the innermost part of the Father to obviously be included in His person. See below and you will find plenty of scriptures that you would think would mention all “three persons” of the trinity but doesn't:

Matt 24:36
    36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
    NASU

John 5:23
    23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
    NASU

John 5:26
    26 “For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;
    NASU

John 6:40
    40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
    NASU

John 6:46
    46 “Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.
    NASU

1 John 2:23-24
    23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
    24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
    NASU

2 John 3
    3 Grace, mercy and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
    NASU

2 John 9
    9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
    NASU

Peace and love,
    Kathi

Bumped for AWHN.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 27 2013,06:54)

“Why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit?
    “thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God” (Acts 5:3-4)

Hi Pierre,

That verse (Acts 5:3-4) is in essence saying the “HolySpirit” is GOD.
    The accounts of Jesus' conception also say the “HolySpirit” is GOD.

“she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.” (Matt 1:18)
    “born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)
    These verses formulate to say the “HolySpirit” is GOD.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 27 2013,05:08)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 27 2013,06:54)

“Why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit?
    “thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God” (Acts 5:3-4)

Hi Pierre,

That verse (Acts 5:3-4) is in essence saying the “HolySpirit” is GOD.
    The accounts of Jesus' conception also say the “HolySpirit” is GOD.

“she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.” (Matt 1:18)
    “born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)
    These verses formulate to say the “HolySpirit” is GOD.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

it is time now that you wakeup; the holy spirit is OF GOD

AND GOD HIS NOT HIS SON ,UNTIL YOU GOT THIS CLEARED UP NO NEED TO GO FURTHER THIS HIS YOUR STUMBLING BLOCK ;

AND ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT GOD AS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO SATISFY OUR NEEDS ,BUT IT IS HIS TRUTHFULNESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HIS HOLY NAME ,THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH (HOLY SPIRIT ) BUT NOT HIS BEING OR HIS PERSONAL SPIRIT WE TALKING ABOUT ,BUT HIS WILL IN LOVE AND TRUTH

terraricca
    Participant

how ,could the meaning and understanding of the words spoken by Christ being the holy spirit that comes from God but his not God ???

and in which way the fact that God is a spirit ,would that change anything or what as it to do with it ???words have no value unless the one that says them can enforce them ,BECAUSE HE AS THE POWER TO DO IT ,DISREGARD THE POWERS AGAINST IT ,

terraricca
    Participant

Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
    Jn 6:64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

this scriptures deals with what Christ was teaching ,and bring to the attention of the listeners that what ever he says if you do not believe it you can not be saved  and for those reasons THE WORDS HE SPOKE ARE SPIRITS OF LIVE ;OR IN ANOTHER WAY “WISDOM OF LIVE IF PUT TO PRACTICE

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 04 2014,23:29)
    Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
    Jn 6:64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

this scriptures deals with what Christ was teaching ,and bring to the attention of the listeners that what ever he says if you do not believe it you can not be saved  and for those reasons THE WORDS HE SPOKE ARE SPIRITS OF LIVE ;OR IN ANOTHER WAY “WISDOM OF LIVE IF PUT TO PRACTICE

T.

Those words that gives life are not to be found in
    written words of the learned antichrists.
    But in the word of God;provided for us.
    Those antichrists rabies are in control of your soul.
    You have put your total trust in them,because they are great learned men that you look up to.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 04 2014,18:52)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 04 2014,23:29)

T.

Those words that gives life are not to be found in
    written words of the learned antichrists.
    But in the word of God;provided for us.
    Those antichrists rabies are in control of your soul.
    You have put your total trust in them,because they are great learned men that you look up to.

wakeup.

W

YOU MAY NEVER COME TO THE REAL TRUTH OF GOD ,BECAUSE YOU PRECONDITION OF MIND ,

THIS IS YOUR DOING ,NOT MINE OR ANYONE ELSE ,

WHEN YOU START TO SEE THINGS IN SCRIPTURES THAT REALLY ARE NOT THERE ,THEN YOU ARE A DREAMER ,

NOT A BELIEVER AND FOLLOWER OF CHRIST ,

Wakeup
    Participant

T.

Are you not on war path against the truth?
    Are you not one of their apostles?
    I have discovered your true colour.
    You are not a sheep.
    Maybe you dont know it;because they have been manipulating you for too long.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 04 2014,20:01)
    T.

Are you not on war path against the truth?
    Are you not one of their apostles?
    I have discovered your true colour.
    You are not a sheep.
    Maybe you dont know it;because they have been manipulating you for too long.

wakeup.

W

GOD FORBID THAT I EVER BECOME ONE OF YOUR SHEEP ,

AGAIN I WOULD BE IN THE DARK ,AND MY SOUL RUINED FOR HAVING NOT TRUSTED IN GOD'S SCRIPTURES BUT TRUSTED IN BLIND MEN ,

Wakeup
    Participant

T.

Not one of my sheep but Christ sheep.
    Jesus has nothing to do with your masters.
    You like to make us all believe that you are
    a sheep of Christ,but I can see the wolve inside.
    I can identify any wolve in sheeps clothing,
    and you are one.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

THEN WHY ARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE YOU OWN ME ,DO YOU THINK MY MASTER DOES NOT SEE WHAT I DO ???

WHAT DO YOU THINK I DO NOT KNOW IN SCRIPTURES THAT YOU WOULD KNOW ? THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT SHARE MY VIEWS AND I NOT YOURS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS WHILE WE WERE STUDY THE SCRIPTURES AND SO TAKE ACTION ON IT ;

THIS IS EASILY SEEN IN OUR EXCHANGE OF COMMENTS ,

IT IS CLEAR THAT I WILL NOT COME TO YOUR VIEW BECAUSE OF SCRIPTURES AND YOU ANSWER ME IN THE SAME WAY SO LEAVE IT AT THAT ;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit is of God.
    God IS in heaven and manifests in creation by His Spirit.

Confused carnal men cannot understand

terraricca
    Participant

hi

it is well known that the holy spirit is not a being ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 04 2014,08:23)
    hi

It says;HOLY SPIRIT.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 04 2014,04:56)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 04 2014,08:23)
    hi

It says;HOLY SPIRIT.

wakeup.

what would you expect other than holy from God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Quite so.

terraricca
    Participant

but just because it is the spirit of God it cannot be the spirit from someone else does'it ???

scriptures say so

Viewing 20 posts - 5,481 through 5,500 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account